• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    UUUUGH. 38 Celsius fever, down from 40 over the last 2 days, major headache, dizziness, and I have to go to work in 2 hours. In and out of freezers, and I have to worry about not chopping my fingers up from the wooziness. Too late to call in sick, and even if it wasn't, I wouldn't dare do so to maintain the image of the dutiful worker. FML

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I never had braces, I was told that I never needed them. After a few years of being told that I can see my teeth are aligning nicely. Slowly.. But nicely.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Yeah, previous experiences would say otherwise, but being a cynic won't get you anywhere either, so stay positive instead!

What do you mean my cynical, ironic and depressing sarcasm won't get me girls?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Being reactive can work out. I've been a reactive person for most of my personal life and still met plenty of awesome people. Still, I feel like things are likelier to work out if you make the effort. The purpose of being proactive here's not to partner up with someone when you meet them but to gauge whether they're worth continued discourse or not.
    If Alfieri sees a person he likes and he finds it to be a daunting approach or he feels like it's not really worth the trouble or any other such excuse he's not any likelier to get good results if he just waits for them to happen. That opportunity would pass him by and while he'll be no worse off he'll also be no better off.

I got like....four notification for this because you kept editing it. :(

But everyone gauges whether or not they want to talk to people when they meet them, regardless of their relationship status, so that's kind of an empty sentiment. When you focus your efforts on enjoying yourself as yourself without worrying so much about finding someone, then people can tell that you're happy with yourself and they're more drawn to be around you. It doesn't mean ignore people, but treat people as people and not as potential partners.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • throughout my meager 16 years of existence I've kinda come to realize that it's better for me to wait until opportunities come to me than to gauge every girl that I meet on whether or not I'd date them immediately when I meet them. but I still do that anyway sometimes, I just can't help myself. really though I think I've been quite unlucky in that department -- most of the girls that want me I don't really want anything to do with, and most of the girls I want don't like me back! oh well. such is life.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My life dilemma currently is that I would like to have the ultimate "friend I can hang out with and have sex, but there are no feelings between us." I really don't want a relationship, but I have needs that I would like to be fulfilled by other than myself. It's easy to find a random to take care of that, but I don't enjoy one night stands.

*everyone ignores this post and continues like I never posted*

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    My life dilemma currently is that I would like to have the ultimate "friend I can hang out with and have sex, but there are no feelings between us." I really don't want a relationship, but I have needs that I would like to be fulfilled by other than myself. It's easy to find a random to take care of that, but I don't enjoy one night stands.

I had my experiences with friends with benefits. It always led to disasters. I'd never want that kind of relationship again. x.x

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I had my experiences with friends with benefits. It always led to disasters. I'd never want that kind of relationship again. x.x

I know which is why I'm so hesitant, also lack of friends I would want to sleep with. Which leads me back to nothing wahhh

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022

Joke's on you! I read it, and now I have something to say! Pretty sure that's what you wanted any way.

I have had one one night stand and I didn't quite like it. I felt weird about it the next day. Maybe it was because it was my first, and maybe if I went at it again I'd feel differently. But on the topic of FWB, I dunno if I could stand that. There was a time when I really wanted that, but knowing myself I think I'd cling. Especially if I happened to really get along with that person, I'd feel it inevitable that we should be together. But the idea behind FWB is no feelings from the very start, sooo I would just be miserable. So no ty.

must resist urge to joke about right hand

Radioactive

I'm a really good boy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    Hmmm... A lot of potential relationships I've had just seemed iffy, like there was something missing that should have been there, I don't know. I'm a picky person when it comes to love I guess.

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
  • I got like....four notification for this because you kept editing it. :(

But everyone gauges whether or not they want to talk to people when they meet them, regardless of their relationship status, so that's kind of an empty sentiment. When you focus your efforts on enjoying yourself as yourself without worrying so much about finding someone, then people can tell that you're happy with yourself and they're more drawn to be around you. It doesn't mean ignore people, but treat people as people and not as potential partners.

The problem is not everyone takes the step to actually meet someone, which is what I'm getting at. If you're content to let things go easily it's not as easy to make a connection with a person. Of course, I'm just speaking from prior experience.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Joke's on you! I read it, and now I have something to say! Pretty sure that's what you wanted any way.

I have had one one night stand and I didn't quite like it. I felt weird about it the next day. Maybe it was because it was my first, and maybe if I went at it again I'd feel differently. But on the topic of FWB, I dunno if I could stand that. There was a time when I really wanted that, but knowing myself I think I'd cling. Especially if I happened to really get along with that person, I'd feel it inevitable that we should be together. But the idea behind FWB is no feelings from the very start, sooo I would just be miserable. So no ty.

must resist urge to joke about right hand

Yeah my fear is wanting to cling if we got along well or even if they did and I didn't it would be annoying to deal with. I feel like it's almost impossible to have a fwb and have nothing happen. So yeah I'm not sure what to do. I might just take the boring route and focus on school unless something presents itself ;o;

never resist a raunchy joke

Radioactive

I'm a really good boy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    I don't think I'd ever be able to accept having a sexual relationship with a woman without some sort of love involved. With men, I'd have trouble finding love, so having a FWB feels like the only option there.

Right now though most of my relationships in general are crumbling, from friends to family to my lover, even. I don't know where any of these things are headed and my head is spinning trying to grab a hold of them. :ι

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Today is my 4 year anniversary with my boyfriend :) So my advice on acquiring a relationship could always be flawed or out of date. But I know I got the most interest when I had good things going for me and was confident in myself and wasn't interested in a relationship, as I was leaving high school and heading to college.

Sirfetch’d

Today is my 4 year anniversary with my boyfriend :) So my advice on acquiring a relationship could always be flawed or out of date. But I know I got the most interest when I had good things going for me and was confident in myself and wasn't interested in a relationship, as I was leaving high school and heading to college.

I like this post because it makes sense. I've never thought about it, but would you say self confidence is the biggest key to starting a relationship as opposed to maybe having mutual interests? I feel like my lack of self confidence when it comes to meeting new people in real life can hold me back from starting relationships. Even with people who I have a LOT in common with.

Radioactive

I'm a really good boy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    I like this post because it makes sense. I've never thought about it, but would you say self confidence is the biggest key to starting a relationship as opposed to maybe having mutual interests? I feel like my lack of self confidence when it comes to meeting new people in real life can hold me back from starting relationships. Even with people who I have a LOT in common with.

Being overbearing isn't all too helpful either, though. Relationships in general are too complex between any two people for any sort of algorithm or equation to be made of it - think of it like a lock and key: in a social system people are out to find combinations that fit them well. That perfect fit may be your soulmate or whatever, hypothetically speaking, and friends may be people who fit you more closely than others.

Sirfetch’d

Being overbearing isn't all too helpful either, though.

I've learned that the hard way just with friends. I can be overbearing at times, but with good intentions! However no matter how good the intentions are I do realize how annoying this can be :[

also 5000th post! woo!

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I like this post because it makes sense. I've never thought about it, but would you say self confidence is the biggest key to starting a relationship as opposed to maybe having mutual interests? I feel like my lack of self confidence when it comes to meeting new people in real life can hold me back from starting relationships. Even with people who I have a LOT in common with.

You don't get in a relationship hanging in the Friendzones now do yah?

Honestly, I'd say self confidence is great to have if you're looking for a relationship. Because it means you're confident with how you are and people admire and fall in love with those sorts of things. It also makes them feel confident about themselves too, and confidence = happiness.

But being too over confident is just as bad, seeing as how you become a jerk. But hey, some people are drawn to jerks.

All in all, just be you, you may have to climb out of your shell and feel awkward for a bit, but someone will walk past and recognize the potential you have inside and they'll fall in love with your inner and outer qualities that radiant from you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back