• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Why don't you then? Isn't that called being a hermit?

Because I'm accustomed to a certain lifestyle and have hobbies that require money. As much as I want to live alone, I want to have an income beforehand.

Years
  • Moving out's definitely not something you can just do if you want to here. I'm hoping to move out of the house ASAP myself but NYC apartment and home prices are.. pretty insane so that makes it all the more difficult. Don't like roommates either and due to that I'd have to be a bit more patient for when I'm more financially stable to move out, which is all right.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Oh wow, I love the way older buildings look in NYC. Polished stone and all that. Sure hope you get to move into one of them fancy apartments. Good luck!! :)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Moving out's definitely not something you can just do if you want to here. I'm hoping to move out of the house ASAP myself but NYC apartment and home prices are.. pretty insane so that makes it all the more difficult. Don't like roommates either and due to that I'd have to be a bit more patient for when I'm more financially stable to move out, which is all right.
    Move to Jersey. We can be roomies! 8)
    Would love to move out but I simply cannot afford it.

Glameow

Purrrfect~
    Years
  • I moved to Florida with a few friends for college. It was surprisingly cheap living in a gated community, but we soon found out why...The homes and neighborhoods around it where full of drug dealers and crime was pretty frequent.

Years
  • I probably will stay in Staten Island when I move or maybe go back to Brooklyn depending on what I find and where I'll work. But first I need to actually get there.. hopefully my current internship will decide to keep me. Things are looking up right now because their only graphic designer left a few weeks ago so now it's just me! :D

And Glameow, that's pretty awful. You no longer live there?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I probably will stay in Staten Island when I move or maybe go back to Brooklyn depending on what I find and where I'll work. But first I need to actually get there.. hopefully my current internship will decide to keep me. Things are looking up right now because their only graphic designer left a few weeks ago so now it's just me! :D

And Glameow, that's pretty awful. You no longer live there?

Good luck with the internship. I left mine after 4 painful months of truly contributing nothing. I had one job that I had to get done by 9AM, and then odd jobs that were only sometimes related to the field I studied/wanted to work in. It became slightly depressing as I was questioning what exactly I was getting out of busting my ass for this company. Nobody was talking about or hinting toward job openings so I threw in the towel. I'll find my own way, I know it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm hopefully moving out by myself soon... Nervous but excited to be honest
    It's so nice to live on your own. As long as you can have pals over now and then :3 on your own isn't the same as being lonely.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    One day I will move out and probably have a cat to keep me company and lots of friends over. I seriously cannot wait!!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    One day I will move out and probably have a cat to keep me company and lots of friends over. I seriously cannot wait!!!
    YES. GET A CAT. I've had mine for 1½ week now and I love her to bits. Sure, she comes and pokes my face or sits on my throat at 6 am every single morning so I've had a terrible lack of proper sleep the past days buuuut she's so fluffy I'm gonna die. Only I won't die because I want to take care of her and play with her and feed her and brush her fur and and

I like cat.

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
  • I tried moving to Florida to help my mom with her living...it was the worst mistake. A year and a half later I moved back to where I was originally. It wasn't Florida per 'se. It was her swindling me out of my money. I'd love to live there on my own terms.

Yesss, I own a cat as well. I love her so much. She was a stray kitten I found on the street, but within two years she was my little baby ball of fluff

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yesss, I own a cat as well. I love her so much. She was a stray kitten I found on the street, but within two years she was my little baby ball of fluff
    That is such a warm story.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • I tried moving to Florida to help my mom with her living...it was the worst mistake. A year and a half later I moved back to where I was originally. It wasn't Florida per 'se. It was her swindling me out of my money. I'd love to live there on my own terms.

People don't give stray cats enough time of the day. They're always overlooked, it's quite sad actually. Your story made me feel warm inside though. :3

All of my cats/kittens got lost quite a few years ago. My cat had kittens, and we sold three of them and gave two to my Uncle, and we also kept two for ourselves. The two we kept we had to sell when we moved to Australia, but the two we gave to my Uncle he "lost" when he had left his patio door open one day, and the cat who gave birth ended up running away from our house a few months before we moved. It was quite sad actually. :(

Update on my leg for those who are interested, I've got to get an x-ray and possibly have surgery to fix my muscle. Apparently I tore it up pretty bad.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • People don't give stray cats enough time of the day. They're always overlooked, it's quite sad actually. Your story made me feel warm inside though. :3

All of my cats/kittens got lost quite a few years ago. My cat had kittens, and we sold three of them and gave two to my Uncle, and we also kept two for ourselves. The two we kept we had to sell when we moved to Australia, but the two we gave to my Uncle he "lost" when he had left his patio door open one day, and the cat who gave birth ended up running away from our house a few months before we moved. It was quite sad actually. :(

Update on my leg for those who are interested, I've got to get an x-ray and possibly have surgery to fix my muscle. Apparently I tore it up pretty bad.

I haven't been around much lately so apologies if you've already explained this, but you've recently moved to Australia? Where are you from originally?

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • I haven't been around much lately so apologies if you've already explained this, but you've recently moved to Australia? Where are you from originally?

That's fine! No need for apologies. I moved over to Australia about eight years ago from Burnley, England. Not the best place to have grown up, but home is home I guess. Much prefer Australia.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • All this talk about moving out is making me more excited about my move to Texas next year. I'm so freaking stoked, I'm already sick and tired of this desert town I'm living in right now. xD And I'm visiting in January~

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • All this talk about moving out is making me more excited about my move to Texas next year. I'm so freaking stoked, I'm already sick and tired of this desert town I'm living in right now. xD And I'm visiting in January~

You really should be excited about it. It's the best, so long as you can afford your rent and groceries (plus internet, etc). As long as you budget well enough to make sure you can afford those things, even if it means going without for a week/fortnight/month, it's so worth it. Who cares about not having money to go out for a night when you live on your own. Freedom is the key.

Not even a gamy leg can keep me out of action. :P Going to have a beer with an old friend, will report back if I do any more serious damage to the already damaged leg which I'm hoping I don't.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Not even a gamy leg can keep me out of action. :P Going to have a beer with an old friend, will report back if I do any more serious damage to the already damaged leg which I'm hoping I don't.
    Can you walk on that leg yet? It sounded pretty... severe...d. B)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back