• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Moob Chat [now with 90% more Elf Gynecomastia. GO ON PO SERVER (ANNOUNCEMENT)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
  • Daul Screens + SD Hera has no weaks, i got top ten in OU with HO with that combo. So awesome lol.

Also i DID hear Hera was banned but in gen 3 and that Lanturn was high ou.
    Lanturn was a very popular choice during 3/4th gen as a wall against water/electric. But it's position is rapidly being taken over by Wash Rotom because it's better. Hera was never banned afaik.

Also that a stat up move on anything over a certain base stat total was banned i.e DD on Mence, SD on chomp and NP on Azelf.
    Never had a ban on buffs on Pokemon. Here, every legal move is fine.

I also hear Metagross, Chomp, Mence and Tar etc were looked down upon as noobish Pokemon due to their power lol.
    The Pokemon you mention are looked down by some players. By some, I mean players who think playing UU is pro and makes them unique. But hey, this happens anywhere, right?

Im actually curious about Jap meta. Want moar info.
    Japanese rules:
    - LV50, 6-on-6 or 6→3 (the latter is common after the release of BW.)
    - Sleep clause, species clause, item clause.
    - No ban on any moves as long as they're legally obtainable.
    - No Soul Dew on Lati@s.
    - Evasion is legal. It's a legal move implemented by Gamefreak after all.
    - OHKO is legal as well for the same reason. It's a 30% gamble where the cost is wasting a turn.

We don't really have a concept of tiers. The only thing similar to tiers are legendary/non-legendary.
    Legendary Pokemon are those banned from the Battle Tower. They're only legal when playing in legendary vs legendary games.
    Non-legendary includes everything else, including "semi-legendaries" such as the 3 dogs, 3 birds, Latis etc.

Within the non-legendary category we have a rough divide of commonly used ("major Pokemon", gachi/chuu Poke) and rarely used ("minor Pokemon".)
    However it's not a tier system and just a casual notion used to describe the power level of each Pokemon.
    Hence we are free to mix them up and use them in the same team. A guy might have a Butterfly Dance Baton Masquerain in the same team as a Balloon-holding Metagross, for example.

The big threats in the 5th gen metagame are those from the 4th gen and...
    - Porygon 2 with Shinka no Kiseki: The item that boosts the def and sp.def of Pokemon that aren't fully evolved. Usually a special wall.
    - Brungel: Big special wall, weak to Toxic however since they use Recover instead of Rest.
    - Nutray: Can be both a physical or special wall, this guy pretty much made HP Fire as important as HP Ice.
    - Wash Rotom (a better Lanturn now due to the type change. Can both function as a wall and an attacker.
    - Ononocks: Hits hard, can DD. Plus has Mold Breaker + Guillotine to violently break through walls that switch out to catch it.
    - Cloyster: With the mechanics of Sash changed, multi-hitting moves buffed overall and being able to use Shellbreak, it can fully utilize Skill Link to kill dragons and other threats. Kill it or at least taunt it before it Shellbreaks, or you're dead.
    - Urgamoth: Weak physical defenses, but made up for it by decent special defenses and high sp.attack and speed. Once it Butterfly Dances, you need a good special wall to stop it. It's only other weakness is it's narrow availability of good moves.
    - Sazandora: Dark-dragon with decent defensive stats matched with high sp.attack. It's defensive stats allows it to hold a Scarf, be able to one-shot things with Draco Meteor and hold back a few blasts of Ice Beam at the same time. Strong against Wobbuffet as well.
    - Elfune: Its trait allows it to Protect-Sub-Leech with mighty resilience. Also is cute.
    - Lv.1 with updated Sturdy: Since Sturdy is pretty much a reusable Sash now, Lv.1 Pokemon with Sturdy are a threat. They'll Leech Seed/Painsplit etc you to death unless you have a taunter, Pokemon that has burn/poison or multi-hitting moves.

Drought Ninetales and Drizzle Politoad are also a threat since they made Sunny/Rainy tactic based on Groudon/Kyogre legal in non-legendary games.
    However since they're only available via Pokemon Dream World after griding 20,000 Dream Points, the ones you see now are hacked and those bred from hacked parents, and are frowned upon by the general community.

Moves that became (more) important in BW:
    - Hi Jump Kick: Boosted damage to make it relevant, but increased risk.
    - Feint: Can still hit even if opponent doesn't use Protect. It's priority was changed from +1 to +2, meaning it can hit faster than other first-strike moves.
    - Extreme Speed: Priority changed from +1 to +2.
    - Multi-hitting moves: All multi-hit moves got a damage and accuracy boost. Damage halving berries only activate on the first hit. Counter-moves only takes the first hit into account. Further more, they can pierce through Focus Sash/updated Sturdy.
    - Minimize: Double the effect.
    - Magic Coat: Can reflect moves that it couldn't before, such as Encore and Spikes.
    - Protect/Detect/Endure: Priority changed to +4.
    - Fake Out: Priority changed to +3.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • MY NEW COMPUTER ARRIVES WEDNESDAY!

The return of Luke is imminent you noobs.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Man i wanna try jap meta. Sounds really not centralized and fun lol

AND YAY. ALSO YOU WILL POST IN THIS SECTION MORE LUKE. ^_^

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • When I can actually try out the B&W metagame I'll actually have something to contribute.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Only two more weeks left of school, then I can finally start getting into B/W for real \o/

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • I started playing Pokemon Online a few hours ago, and now it's bright outside.
    Pokemon, eater of sleep.

I need to figure out what speed tiers are important in the 5th gen lvl.100 6v6 metagame.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Only two more weeks left of school, then I can finally start getting into B/W for real \o/

Haha, this will be awesome. :D I get off on the 17th, which means next week is my last week.

Also lol, I feel odd posting here for the first time. But I do hope to get back into battling/trading, so might as well learn everything again.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I'm actually planning on hosting a tourney at my school as a fundraiser based on Smogon rules (about 4 people on Smogon go to my school and I can beat them all which says something bout them rofl). It's gonna be tough to pull off but hopefully fun. Also no Lala allowed (only kids/staff that go to the high school) lol

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years

• Haha, this will be awesome. :D I get off on the 17th, which means next week is my last week.

Also lol, I feel odd posting here for the first time. But I do hope to get back into battling/trading, so might as well learn everything again.

Kaori we so totally know each other (check out our amaaaazing wall-to-wall conversation if you don't believe me rofl) :x But welcome (back), and hopefully you'll enjoy your stay! : D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back