• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

Cid

Years
    I love playing Smash Ultimate 1v1s with my old co-workers. I've been going back to our junior faculty room for that sole purpose the past week, haha. Finally getting to play and kind of having a feel for Lucario, whom I always wanted to main, was a real treat. Lucas, too. Pikachu and Ness were my mains in Smash 64 and the Smash Flash 2 fangame, so I still had fun playing with them in Ultimate.

Man, August 27 can't come soon enough. I would really like a Switch soon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The only reason I wasn't big on Splatoon is because I wanted some sort of training or practice mode where I can get used to things and apparently that isn't a thing in Splatoon 2...? I just wasn't fond of how you have to be thrusted immediately into online and I didn't want to embarrass myself lol ;_;

wait but there is a training/practice mode in splatoon 2??? at least a place where you can test out weapons bc I clearly remember doing that to try to find the right weapon for me to try out when i first started playing.

Years
    wait but there is a training/practice mode in splatoon 2??? at least a place where you can test out weapons bc I clearly remember doing that to try to find the right weapon for me to try out when i first started playing.

For weapons yeah, but iirc not like AI turf wars right?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Oh you're right I suppose not. I still found it pretty fun and if I bothered to have bought the Nintendo subscription I probably would have continued playing.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i haven't touched splatoon 2 since nintendo rolled out the online play feature. i really like it though i just. ya know lol livin the broke life.

Years
    I actually dont... or rather, I haven't touched Nintendo Online at all. I'm still waiting for Nintendo to improve their services before I can be convinced to shell out money for it. Cause at this moment, I don't see any reason to buy it. .-.

Cid

Years
    I hope they do improve it. It's a real shame that people are being held back from full services that their other consoles offered for free.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i need at least one more game that i'd play online before i can consider purchasing tbh. it's so cheap that i wouldn't necessarily mind shelling out the money for a year i mean even if i don't use it often. but i'd like another online game in my arsenal before i buy. and i guess improvement, since it's apparently not so great. i've got LGPE, smash, and splatoon 2. but i'd like mario kart 8 too so lmfao. i mean i guess three is enough. i'm also broke af rn so i'll just go without. i wish i'd have gone ahead and got a year's worth while i was making good money though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Announcement #2 if you make a thread and don't include an icon, I reserve the right to change it for you when I'm bored :fufu:

You can always change it to whatever you want, I just want to see a ton of thread icons here

Years
    Honestly, the only reason that currently exists for me to shell out money for Nintendo Online is Smash. Legit. That's the only game that I'd be missing out on and I don't even play Smash all that much these days so it'd be a waste. ;__;

Still waiting for the day when Nintendo allow paying users to play N64/old Gamecube games. Then I'll likely think it'll be worth it.

Cid

Years
    Oh man, I'd love for all single-screen consoles prior to the Switch be playable in a Switch Virtual Console.

Being able to play GBA games, for instance? It would be the perfect way to release Mother 3 overseas!

Years
    That's the thing, though! My only frustration with the Switch online service is that I feel like Nintendo is dragging their feet on generally just making it, for lack of a better word, worthwhile. I don't mind waiting longer if it means that it's something that would eventually come, but I mean, I imagine a lot of people wouldn't mind playing a bunch of GBA classics, at the very least?

Cid

Years
    It does feel like they're taking their sweet time with it, when it comes to adding more content. It shouldn't be too hard to do, too. If phones can do it, why can't the Switch?

Years
    The Switch probably can technically, but it's just Nintendo that seems to be either reluctant or just falt-out won't do it for some reason. I just hope it'll be implemented in some sort of future update.

also I've mentioned this on Discord like a few weeks back but I'm still blown away about the time I was in a retro video games store and found stuff like PS2 memory cards, old N64 games and everything!! it's just so weird, like I time-traveled 15 or so years into the past. @__@

Cid

Years
    Whoa! I wish we had one of those here. I just was in a sort of retro video game buy-and-sell stall recently. I managed to buy two games: German Pokémon White aka Pokémon Weisse to complete my collection (of all seven regions, thus far), and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. Will replay both games when I finish Yellow and Crystal for the 3DS VC. :D

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    daily vidya chat

I've always had a thing for LEGO games.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I have heard nothing but fantastic things about LEGO games, that they are some of the best comic book adaptations that exist, and I still haven't played any of them, rip.

Back