• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    colours said:
    Playing the LEGO Harry Potter games is on my eventual "games to play" list as my first LEGO games ever.
    And I do recommend playing them! The first one is especially fun since you can build your own levels in it, but the second one's gameplay is better imo.

Cid

Years
    I haven't played them either, but you're really selling me on the LEGO games, Fairy. I think I should try looking for the best entry point to get the full experience, even with just one game.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I've always heard the LEGO Star Wars and Marvel series were spectacular. At some point I'll play them, I swear.

Watch, LEGO Monster Hunter will come out and I *still* won't find time to play it. @_@;;

Years
    I have too many games on my backburner to beat... .__.

Octopath Traveler, StarLink: Battle for Atlas (and I paid for the Deluxe version for that too and I still haven't played it much), Child of Light (again), Tales of Vesperia, and Ys VIII (haven't even started on that one yet)

whyyy must I be so busyyy

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i need to finish vesperia remaster. kh3 came, took all my money, ripped my heart out, called me a bitch, and made me wanna replay all the other kh games lmfao. so i've been doing that basically. i wanna replay ff13 too lately ugh. i almost bought it yesterday bc it was like less than $5 at 2nd and charles but a bitch is broke and i need to save that cash for gas to get to work.

Years
    I STILL NEED TO PLAY like.... all the other KH games after 2. @__@ BBS, uhhh re: coded, re:CoM i think?? i... have a long way to go before kh3 haha............

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i can't speak for re:coded lol everyone tells me to not actually play it and just watch the remastered cutscenes, but i hate myself and kind of want to give it a shot. 358/2 days got remastered cutscenes too, but i don't feel like those do days' story any justice w how it's presented through actually playing the game. plus you miss out on the excellent dialog and such. so idk if the same applies to re:coded. also i think days is fun so. shoot me i guess. it's fun. there. i said it.

i did cave and watch re:com cutscenes on youtube though. i don't have the patience for that card system so i would recommend that if the system is too complicated for you as well. also you might as well replay 2. as you play more kh games, it's fun to go back to the ones you played earlier and actually like. pick up on small nuances and references and such, especially if you play the final mixes since those are readily available now.

Last edited:
    Years
    yeah I wasn't a huge fan of the card system for re:com, so I might as well watch the cutscenes and see what happens in that game. :s

also I would love to replay 2 at some point!! like, 2 is basically one of my favourite memories of owning a kh game (besides 3D but I never finished that orz), so that's definitely on the to-do list. also what's days all about? is that more roxas' story?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    yeah just watch the cutscenes lol. that's what i did and i mean i get it.

2 is great!! i love it. and days is almost entirely roxas' story (from his 'birth' to where KH2 starts basically), and xion's too really. it's fucking sad. :) but it's worth a play. it was my first kh game so i'm kinda attached i guess lol but yeah you play as roxas for that game. the narrative is rly good too. don't go in expecting kh2 gameplay or anything amazing tbh, but like. it's still a fun time. i like it. and you should play 3D too. i have it for 3DS, clipped into a pole in the tutorial, then didn't touch it ever again til i got the PS4 version so lmfao. but it was hella fun to play (and you get to play as riku!!!!!!!) when i did and i wished i hadn't given up so easily on the 3DS version. i'm actually really wanting to replay that again and i only just beat it a few months ago.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    wait there's a ps4 version of 3D???

thinking.............might get the PS4 one a shot, actually. hm.

so there's the story so far on PS4 that's literally like the 1.5 collection, the 2.5 collection, and the 2.8 one. if you, like me, have the 1.5/2.5 collection on PS4 already that's got like the 6 games on it and don't wanna rebuy all that shit w story so far, you can just track down a 2.8 collection which has 3D, 0.2 fragmentary passage (it takes place RIGHT after birth by sleep but then leads up into KH3 it. makes more sense playing it than me talking about it), and kh back cover? which i have yet to watch bc i'm waiting on my bf to catch up so we can watch it together and i don't have to do it twice but he's taking forever so i might as well watch it.

like i still have my 3DS version of 3D but like. i figured i'd rather play it on PS4 + get those extra two things to be able to know more. lol

Cid

Years
    The Story So Far is worth buying, imo! It and KH3 are the only games you need to get the full experience. Well, until someone tells you to go play Days/2 haha.

Cid

Years
    That reminds me, I managed to get a secondhand cartridge of Days for the DS for $7.80! Not sure how much of a bargain that is but Days was my first KH game so I had to buy itt

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    oh same hat it was my first too! that's a pretty good price though tbh. last i looked, it was like $18 online, and it think it's abt the same at gamestop. even better if you managed to snag a box too.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Mine was KH but the first one i beat was KHII (or i guess Rikus ride of CoM if you want to count that but I dont since i never beat Sora's side)

I love my Days trio i should try replaying the game sometime.

Cid

Years
    Ooh, did your game come with a completed save file, Tara? I could have sworn Reverse/Rebirth was only unlockable by beating Sora's story, but maybe I'm remembering wrong 🤔

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    no you're not wrong. my cousin borrowed my game and beat sora's side and since i got stuck on sora's side i went ahead and did riku's side which I found to be a lot easier lmao

Back