• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
-chuckles-

Oh god now you're starting to make me laugh...

I remember when I came across this on Tumblr, could not stop laughing:

Spoiler:

I may not be a heavy watcher of The Big Bang Theory but I always adored Sheldon Cooper as a character. The whole "Bazinga!" catchphrase of his really did go to new levels after I saw this. I love parodies, they crack me up a lot.

I think we've all pulled at least one of those tl;drs here one time or another :p

I don't get what TL:DR even means.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
While I was a member of other forums, I used to use quick reply a lot. Most of the time, this caused me to double-post, and was required to delete my second message before a moderator saw it. One of those forums was very strict in regards to double-posting, so if you did that, even if it wasn't your fault, you would get an infraction. It was quite troublesome. ): I was planning to talk to their administrators about this issue, but never got around to it. I blame laziness, haha.

Years
While I was a member of other forums, I used to use quick reply a lot. Most of the time, this caused me to double-post, and was required to delete my second message before a moderator saw it. One of those forums was very strict in regards to double-posting, so if you did that, even if it wasn't your fault, you would get an infraction. It was quite troublesome. ): I was planning to talk to their administrators about this issue, but never got around to it. I blame laziness, haha.

This reminds me back when I used to be on Bulbagarden, pre-PC life. I was badly treated by mods there so much I left the forums. Haven't returned since.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Poor Hika... At least, you did enjoy in PC right?
And long before I joined PC, I haven't join the other forums so I don't have clue, but I think too strict is not good at all.

Speaking of strict, I'm reminded when I was learning English, I have a certain teacher who was told by the other class that she's 'strict' when it comes to English spelling, but I see it on another way though that I and the whole class enjoy studying with this teacher.

Last edited:
Years
I sense accidental double posting again...

Talking about strict, my mother is one example of this. She always wants everything to look perfect. Ugh I hate perfectionists...

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I tried to get into other forums, but the interest never stayed. Besides PC, I'm an active member in one other forum. I've tried Serebii and Smogon, but just didn't feel like I belonged there. The community here is great, so it's one of the only forums I stay at.

The strictest person I know was my old French teacher. We did NOT get along. She was so strict you couldn't eat or drink in that class. Normally this wouldn't be a problem because you're speaking a lot, but you couldn't even have water. It didn't help that her teaching style was, "sit down, shut up, and learn!". Yeah, I didn't do so well in that class.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've had my fair share of strict teachers in class. My Algebra 2 teacher was 82 years old and was really strict on leaving the classroom. "You are here to learn, not to fool around." >_>

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
There's a point where if you're a teacher, you need to retire, because teaching should bring you joy. If you're a stickler about it, and don't enjoy it, then neither will the kids. =w= Some teachers just..

do it wrong. Ugh.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
There's a point where if you're a teacher, you need to retire, because teaching should bring you joy. If you're a stickler about it, and don't enjoy it, then neither will the kids. =w= Some teachers just..

do it wrong. Ugh.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Yeah, I agree with that. Students will react positively or negatively based off of their teachers. If a teacher is not their for joy and to help the students learn then they should not be teaching. In my opinion, the goal of a teacher should be to provide their students, at least the majority of their students the tools that they will nee to succeed.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Exactly.

I've had some awesome teachers before, who had fun and joked around.

I remember what I learned in their classes a lot better than what I learned from others.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I'll have to agree with the teachers retiring or moving on to something else if they aren't enjoying teaching. However, I'm also opposed to school in general, or at least the way we run it now.

I really hate school because they force everything down your throat. The second you force something, that's the second all the joy is sucked out of it. I think a more freeform education system where kids explore everything at their own pace would be more effective. Since the kids are exploring on their own, learning would be seen as fun and kids would delve deeper into topics that interest them even faster than the schools can teach. I also hate how school prioritize different subjects and make them seem way more important than they actually are. All I'm saying is that it's a sad thing when I learned everything I know about creative writing from pokemon forums. Not even kidding, no matter how much I wish I was.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My geometry teacher ;;

I passed that class with an A, because I had the most helpful, most awesomest teacher IN THE WORLD. And no other math teacher could teach me math the way he did. He always sensed that I needed help. He wanted to be sure we as students were prepared for exams and quizzes, and he always pinpointed our mistakes and showed them IN DETAIL. God I miss Mr. Gertenbach sooo much.

There were other really good professors that were so passionate about teaching, like my AP Bio teacher and my Spanish teacher. All others were okay, while others were just...omg why did you want this job in the first place is2g.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My professors are extremely strict. If you couldn't meet the deadline, then that's that--they wouldn't accept any of your excuses, regardless of how many times you tried explaining to them. If you told them that you wouldn't be able to get your work done in time beforehand, then they still wouldn't accept it. Well, most of the time, anyway. But hey, this is college we're talking about. I guess it should be taken a little seriously. d: I didn't have any strict teachers in elementary, middle, or high school, though. Actually, we did have a teacher in high school who was a bit grumpy, but it was kind of acceptable since he was pretty old. We had a few other old teachers, and they weren't as grumpy as him, but, y'know... he was too old. Many people wanted him to retire, but he just refused. No idea why. Maybe he really liked teaching? He was teaching for me than thirty-five years, so he was very experienced.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I literally once heard one of my teachers say "I wish I could find a job that paid more money - I love the vacation periods, but I barely even want to show up in the morning. Especially not unless I have my coffee first".

I was like

lmfao

Wow.

Awesome.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I've only had a couple teachers in high school that I would consider a master of their craft.

The first one would be my high school band teacher. He was absolutely amazing. He made learning how to play so much fun and there was never a boring day in band. He built a really good community. He know how to have fun, but also how to be strict when needed be. You know a person is a good band teacher when you start out with a band that never went to a single competition because you knew that you were going to be demolished, but ended with a band that was beating schools over triple our size.

The second one would have to be my cooking teacher. She made you want to do your best and really try in that class. If you made a mistake, it wasn't that big of a deal, you just moved on to the next project. She really made cooking fun and now I know how to make a mean batch of Italian Spice Cookies. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back