• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • ^I always thought you had one all this time :x I must not be paying attention. lol

But anyways, never gone skiing, but I wanna learn how to snowboard! Back when I was a little girl I lived close to the mountains, and it would snow there every winter. I'd always go to Big Bear with my older sister and her friends, and we'd sled there. Her then boyfriend was a snowboarder and that's where I got my inspiration from. I hope to learn someday though!
    I remember my friends tried to get me to try snowboarding instead of skiing. Now there's a story behind that. What the heck, here's the story:

I decided to give it a go and I had the greatest difficulty getting on the chair lift to go up the bunny hill. Not a very good sign. As I'm getting off the chairlift, the board snags and I faceplant into the snow. I manage to hobble my way over the the edge and start strapping in my boots. After about fifteen minutes, my boot is now strapped in and I'm finally ready to go down the hill. All my friends start going, and by the time I stand up, they're at the bottom watching me. I start going down and I'm fine. I'm just cruising down and I start thinking, "Hey, I can do this!".

Then, I decide I'm going a little too fast, so I decide to turn and slow down. I swivel my hips, and nothing. I'm shooting down the bunny hill (it's a little tall) way faster than I should be going and I have no way to slow down. The board catches and I let out a scream as I'm launched towards the ground. I slide for a good ten feet before coming to a full stop. I roll over and that's when a five year old decides to help me and starts giving me pointers. I eventually made my way down, crashing several times and not turning, but it was painful.

Moral of the story: I'm a skier! :D

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Nah, I was too lazy to finish switching themes for a while so I had Duskull sprites as my signature and no avatar. Heck, even after I did switch themes, I still didn't get one haha.

That sounds like it was a pretty entertaining trip, Slayr. X}

I've never tried to ski or snowboard before. Considering I managed to land face-first on rough ice while snowtubing with some friends, I don't think either would go well. I'll stick to taking pictures of the snow.

Years
  • Maybe one of these days I'd like to be able to go water skiing, and not to far away from where I live, there's a school dedicated just to that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    I went skiing once, never again. Bad experience.

Water skiing looks so much fun though! Or water tubing. I'd probably try water tubing rather than water skiing haha.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • This DLOA is doing me so much good, too :D But this ****ing place is like a magnet, ugh.

Also, ice skating in the middle of Manhattan is beautiful, if any of you ever come by, do it. Just throwing that out there~

Years
  • "as much an hour", ie. only an hour? XP

dammit i hate this place so much.

"as much an hour", ie. only an hour? XP

dammit i hate this place so much.

lolololol

lolololol

server i hate you sometimes.

server i hate you sometimes.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I wanna get revenge on all the bad things my computer has done to me. It's ruining my fun here.

And what's this I see another accidental case of double posting.

Years
  • Looks like John just got trolled by the server again lmao

I've only been affected by the double posting once inb4 i totally jinx myself

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back