• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    We had an election this year in my area. But I was never actually TOLD there was one, nor was there any "advertisement" of some sort. As a registered voter myself I'm supposed to know about these elections in my area as well as around the state or country, but since this was a local election on who gets to be part of city council, I wasn't notified, and neither were the majority of the county (which is why supposedly there was an extremely low voter turnout this year).

I thought the news in the newspaper, internet or TV did inform about election, Megan? :shocked: My country has been massive on informing the election year of 2014, which is about to come soon.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    My newspaper didn't cover it, and we get our news stations from Yuma, Arizona so they don't care about our area as much :( Radio is borderline non-existant here as well.

Gosh I wanna move back to San Diego so badly ;;

Starry Windy

Years
    Awwww that sucks.

Anyway, on the last election I was not quite informed with the candidates due to not watching newspaper lately (even though I know some of the candidates are shown in the posters everywhere), and I heard that the voter is low due to some of the supposed-to-be voters not get informed about that.

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    My newspaper didn't cover it, and we get our news stations from Yuma, Arizona so they don't care about our area as much :( Radio is borderline non-existant here as well.

Gosh I wanna move back to San Diego so badly ;;
    I used to live in Yuma, Arizona! Small town, great community. :D

I'm sorry you missed out on elections. I voted for the first time a while ago. Never have I felt such a combination of boredom and exhilaration.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I've never voted before as the age to vote in my country is 21 years of age. I don't know if I'm going to vote when my time comes though as I don't really care for politics. But then, if I don't vote, I don't have the rights to have a say in the final outcome of the vote, so I guess I'll have to do my needful.

TY

Well here mainly they pretend they wanna help the people, but instead they make us suffer and they earn tons of money. We have to pay more taxes and they keep having ridiculously high salaries... I hate politics for that

Years
    Ahhh the holidays, those are definitely coming up quick that's for sure :3 and it looks like people in grade school around here have the entire week off.. while people at my college just have Wednesday-Friday off which is kinda a real shame :/

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Meanwhile, I am thinking of what to do in this 3 month off.

TY

Play some StarCraft 2, now that you are downloading it :P
    At least thats what i always do xD

Years
    I'm really not one that does PC gaming, so what I usually do when I get tremendously bored is either get off the computer to go watch TV or I'll just spend hours at a time on Youtube..

TY

Im not a big PC gamer either, i only play 1 or 2 games on it, and a lot too xD

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
    I'm a PC gamer, handheld gamer and a console gamer. I don't get why PC gamers and console gamers hate each other so much generally. I find different games are better on different platforms. For example, I prefer Battlefield on Xbox, Pokemon on handhelds and Valve games (TF2, CS:GO) on PC.

If the topic is weather, it's cold here. ;) First day of proper frost covering the ground, and it can only get colder.

TY

Its the same as the hate between two different genre's *cough* LoL and SC2 *cough*

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I play whatever I feel like playing. Whether it's handheld, console, or PC. Though the last one doesn't happen much because what is money + a decent laptop to actually play things on. I believe the last thing I played on it is Star Trek Armada II a few months ago.

TY

I have that problem... i dont have the best laptop ever for games with high graphics, but it still works decent.

Starry Windy

Years
    I was having the old laptop which can't play many advanced games well back then (blame buying based on economic things), but I'm glad that my newer laptop is gotten a bit better when playing video games.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I only play console and handheld games, I usually play some indie games on my PC that I get from humblebundle.com.

It think the ones I've played the most have been Fez, Super Meat Boy, Torchlight, Trine, Thomas Was Alone, Machinarium, and Hotline Miami. All stuff that can easily run on my Mac.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back