• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Damn platinum

Years
    Wow that really is quite a drag. It happened to me once as well.

There was this one time when I ran into a shiny Steelix in Pokemon Pearl with Riley. I was aiming for Riley's pokemon but when I used a move on it, suprisingly it did not faint. Riley's pokemon used an attack on the Steelix and it apparently fainted right after. If there was only an option to choose where Riley or the others who follow you around, to make a move on which pokemon that would be cool. Although I don't think it would happen any time soon on if they do happen to do that.

What a bummer, it's almost like you never had a chance.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    it would annoy me.... but if you got rid of the other pokemon that was with said budew (since it would be a double battle) youd have been able to catch it
    you're right but sometimes cheryl attacks the other pokemon so the budew will faint so i suggest killing chansey first then the other pokemon then catch budew

(off topic: i chaugt a shiny roselia with one ultraball)

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    It would annoy me a bit, but it's only a Budew.. so it wouldn't have gotten to me too much. I'm not into Shiny hunting, and as far as I know, I've never once ran into a Shiny on any of my games. Since I don't collect them, I wouldn't really care if lost out on one. xD;

That was my first thought to cheer me up but a shinys still a shiny so i was still disappointed

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I don't see what the big deal is considering chaining Budew to 40 takes ten minutes even if you take 5 mistake-patches :/...if it was a Slugma at Stark Mountain with Buck, then I'd feel really sorry for you.

EDIT: Oops, Budew, not Bidoof...eheheh. Still, same deal-

Last edited:

TEAM BLUE

Friendly Trainer
    Years
    Wow The Same Thing Happen To My Big Sister She Was Playing Platinum And Then She Encountered A Shiny Budew.....I Told Her To Kill Cheryl's Chansey But She Refused.....Later She Killed The Other Pokemon And Chansey Used Eggbomb On Budew Luckily It Survived Than She Cuaght It.....:)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    There was a time when I was in Eterna Forest with Cheryl and I ran into a shiny Misdreavus in Pokemon Pearl. Her Chansey almost fainted the Misdreavus if it had used Egg bomb once again. Luckily, I had used Sleep Powder on Chansey. The only thing is, is that my attack missed and the Chansey fainted the Misdreavus.

I was quite mad when that happened, because it wasn't the only time it happened to me before. I almost caught a shiny Buneary as well. If only there was a way to where you can move for Cheryl. For example, when you are finished doing "Fight", "Stun Spore" and then aim at which pokemon, you can do Cheryl's pokemon as well. It wouldn't be as much fun, but at least you'd be able to catch the shinies without losing them and getting furious.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Yeah, but after a day it passes over. if you really want to say something that is TOTALLY damned, its the GTS. Palkia for Chimchar, Ho-oh for chimchar. Entai for chimchar. well entei don't have such potential but HEY!

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    hey dude since d/p its so easy to get shinys because of the shiny chaining method =)
    but it would me annoying as much as you as well.... but when i say you now, that an shiny paras appeared at that time when i played pokemon gold ago 5 years and i dont knew about that "rare objects" and so i defeated it, what are you thinking? =D

timekaiser

Friend Code: 1634 5420 3920
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Answer: Kill Chansy...thats what i do when i see someone i want i kill chansy then the non wanted pkmn then catch...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Answer: Kill Chansy...thats what i do when i see someone i want i kill chansy then the non wanted pkmn then catch...

Sometimes that doesn't work. Especially when you try to, and it misses, or it doesn't faint the Chansey right away. For instance, there was one time when I was trying to catch a shiny Buneary but I tried to faint the Chansey first. It missed, and the Chansey KO'd the Buneary.

You have some kind of stragety to do it when a person is following you. The next time I try to catch a shiny with someone, I'll make sure that I try some stragety on my helper.

Zetsu_69

Director of Cheese
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Sep 4, 2009
    Yea, that stinks. I think I saw someone's post talking about how the first pokemon they encountered was a shiny bidoof but were unable to catch it for having not yet recieved pokeballs. Also my friend saw his first shiny, a medicham, but it ko'd itself using hi jump kick and missing.

Quackyla

I like penguins and so do you!
    Years
    well the only time I found a shiny without cheating was when I was in route 222 I encoutered a shiny magikarp with a old rod and it kept using splash when all of a sudden my pokemon made it faint(critical hit)!and thats my story!:knockedou

TeaTiMe

Breeder Elite
    Years
    Empathy

I know how you feel, I really do... I played all the way through pearl fighting countless pokemon and never ran into a single shiny until the league... one of the trainers had a shiny... it pissed me off because there is a chance that you will run into a shiny but it will be owned by another trainer it was so aggravating

Back