• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Pokemon Energy / Road to the Pokemon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    NEWS FLASH!
    A news broadcast run on every TV station played everywhere, Even on screens in the cities, repeated often in the day, to ensure everyone see's it.
    "This is officer jenny at mount moon with an important announcement! We have found Dark Trainers trying to sabotage preperations for the Mount Moon tournament in the upcoming days.

We have driven them away and have called in a strong pokemon trainer to protect the workers from further disruption.
    They have blown apart some of the mountain and it has caused a terrible rockslide. Luckily however, passing pokemon trainers and their pokemon were able to rescue the workers from any harm. I would like to make sure everyone is aware that these trainers are endangering people and pokemons lives and WILL be stopped! Until then, be careful on your journey to Mount Moon!"​

Officer Jenny steps aside on the TV Screen and a couple of powerful looking pokemon trainer steps into camera view.​

"Hello everyone. I am Bruno of the Elite four and this is Ranger Bill. We are here to supervise the finishing preperations of the tournament and ensure that nobody is hurt. If any dark trainers even THINK about approaching this area, they'll be sorry." Bruno announced. Bill interupted however.​

"Now.. We arent here to enforce any violence. That isnt our policy. But we will simply be ensuring that Mt Moon is now a safe haven for pokemon trainers travelling from Pewter City to cerulean. The pokemon in this area will be much safer too. Not only that but the tournament can go under way and everyone will be safe!" They both nod as the news broadcast cuts.​

[I will be controlling the actions and movement of any NPC characters in the story. (Dark Trainers, Bill, Bruno and Ant*-coming later in the post*, so far.) But you can speak to me via PM if you want to interact with them - Mike]

Swiftswim
    Spoiler:

LegendaryPokeBreeder
    The pokeball doesnt even shake much...
    Spoiler:

HiroUey
    Spoiler:

DARKAOZ
    !! REMOVED FROM THE RP FOR LACK OF POSTS !!

MIJAAN RP

Mijaan walked into his room to find a young man who wanted to practice. He was pressing some buttons and the arena turned into a grassy arena. With a lamp appearing generating light similar to powerful sunlight. It was warm.
    "You're my opponent?" He said, looking over at the trainer. He remembered seeing an entry on Oak's computer system quite a while back about this guy. He started his pokemon journey a fair few months back with a Charmander.

Oak's Records:
    Ant, The Multi-type trainer. Ant wants to collect a team of powerful pokemon of each type and cover their weakness.
    Using this strategy he hopes to acheive great things!​

Badges Obtained:
    6​

"Alright... Let's get this over with. 1 on 1?" Mij asked but ant remained silent, simply nodding his head whilst pulling out his pokeball. It was a blue and white pokeball. Strange to Mijaan, he'd never seen it before. He knelt down and rolled the pokeball along the floor and out burst a huge and powerful looking Ivysaur. Relishing in the heat of the simulated Sunlight, The Ivysaur seemed happy. "Saur!"​

Mijaan had never encountered a grass type pokemon before, but he knew that grass types were vunerable to poison attacks.
    "Princess, GO!" He shouted as princess leaped into the air from her pokeball. She stood ready to face off against Ivysaur who was busy enjoying the sunlight. Ivysaur's trainer remained quiet, smirking, waiting for Mij's first move.​

"Alright, Poison Sting princess!" he pointed at Ivysaur who was still relishing in the sun. Facing her spines at her opponent, princess unleashed a powerful rain of poison needles at her opponent, who simply stood it's ground. Ivysaur seemed unharmed by the attack and remained under the sunlight.
    "Synthesis." Ant said to his Ivysaur who began absorbing sunlight. If there were any marks on Ivysaur, they were long gone by now.
    'That lamp... somehow... it's healing the Ivysaur.' Mijaan looked over at it and back at Princess who seemed concerned, stepping back. Princess knew what was coming.
    "SOLARBEAM!" Ant called out and everything fell silent for a second or two.​

And in a quick flash, an immense beam of light shot from Ivysaur and sent princess skidding through the grass in pain, eventually coming to a stop she pulled herself to her feet and stood ready. This wasnt over! She moved back in range of Ivysaur and waited for her next command.
    "Give it a sand attack and scratch its face!" Mijaan ordered and Princess simply ran in for the attack. Ivysaur responded by firing off Razorleaf attacks in her direction and she dodged each one. Kicking up dirt into Ivysaur's face, it became blinded for a few seconds, enough for her to sharply drag her claws down her opponents face. Ivysaur's chin slammed into the ground from the sheer force of the attack, that was no scratch.​

"That was slash, not scratch." Ant announced to Mijaan who was still looking on in awe. "Your Nidorina has learned a new move."​

'Another new move?' Mijaan pondered 'Nice.. Let's use it again!'
    "SLASH!" Mijaan shouted, Ivysaur had not yet recovered and took another slash to the face, the slash came from the right instead of above which sent Ivysaur flying a few feet away and crashing into the ground. As it flew however, it shot out vines at Princess' front legs and lifted her into the air. Struggling she cried out. "NIDO!"​

"Body Slam Ivysaur!" Ant announced, and by a combination of it's Vine's pulling Princess towards it and the strength of it's body. They collided and Princess was hit hard. Princess pulled herself to her feet but as she did so, ivysaur simpled tackled into her side and knocked her back down. Then with one final Solarbeam, smashed Princess into the wall. She was done for.
    "Princess re-" Mijaan pointed his pokeball at his pokemon but she avoided the beam of light. Slowly crawling out of the crater she left behind her, Princess's eyes glowed blue.​

'What?' Mijaan looked around him as the grass began to freeze over. Nidorina stood back on her hind legs and shot out an amazingly powerful Ice Beam attack at Ivysaur who took the attack full on. This attack was incredibly effective and both pokemon simply fell to the ground, KO'd.
    It was a draw! Both trainers returned their pokemon.
    Mijaan walked towards the exit without saying a word as Ant watched on, he went through the door and closed it behind him to find Shelby had watched the end of their match.​

"That pikachu was no trouble for you right Marshtomp?" She smiled as she looked down at her new pokemon happily, who responded with a grin calling out its own name proudly. She looked back at Mijaan who seemed to be lost in emotion again.
    "Princess is stronger than I am!" Mijaan looked at shelby who seemed confused by this. "I mean... Her fighting spirit. I don't think i have one." Mijaan just turned to walk away as Shelby and marshtomp followed.
    "I'm sure you just need to light it." Shelby said "Once you get that fire burning inside.. You'll be unstoppable!" She grinned and put a hand on Mijaan's shoulder.. Who closed his eyes and just continued to walk. They left the building and looked around. It was almost evening by now​

'Slash and Ice Beam?' he thought to himself for a while 'I didnt know she could even learn those attacks! How strange...'

Last edited:
    Years
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content)

ピクシー
    Spoiler:

Swiftswim
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

ピクシー

c l ef a b l e -
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2009
    Lily was munching away on her favourite snack of unripe mango when she started to pay attention to the TV. Originally it was just background noise but something caught her eye and she decided to watch what it had to say.

"This is officer jenny at mount moon with an important announcement! We have found Dark Trainers trying to sabotage preperations for the Mount Moon tournament in the upcoming days........" Lily watched in horror as the image of the suspects appeared on the screen. What a terrible thing,trying to injure innocent people.

"Mum, come take a look at this." She called her mother to the sitting room," have you seen this?"

"No..no I haven't. Is there nothing we can do?" Lily's mother replied in turn.

While Lily knew she was helpless at this moment she felt the need to do something, anything, to help those innocent people and Pokémon. Maybe this was the motivation she needed to start her Pokémon journey, after putting it off for many years Lily felt she wanted to help.

"Mum, mum, I'll be back later!" Lily called out through the house. Before her mother could protest she had pulled on her boots and ran out of the front door leaving it swinging on the hinges.

"That girl..." Mother sighed shaking her head.

Lily ran through Pallet town and barged into the local Professors Lab without thinking about the interuption she would cause...

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content)

ピクシー
    Spoiler:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Running for a long really does a toll on you. My heart seemed to want to leap out of my chest as I finally stopped to take a breather at the Pokemon Park. Placing my hands on my knees, I breathed heavily and I could already feel tears forming in my eyes. How could I let such a thing happen to my Pokemon? I was not a good trainer – not a good one to be taking care of them. I couldn't even see the Dark trainer's face. Maybe that could have helped me…

Looking up, my ragged breath had already drawn some attention.

"Are you alright?" a girl about my age asked. A Kadabra stood at her side, head cocked to the side curiously. Her hair was a mixture of shades – purples and blues and her eyes were a dark brown.

"No," I said, my voice cracked. "My Pokemon were just stolen from me by a Dark trainer. I have to report this to the authorities."

"A Dark trainer?" the girl said, placing her hands on her hips and narrowing her eyes. "You sure?" I nodded. She quickly shook her head disbelievingly. "I don't believe it! They've finally come to Pewter…" She was silent for a minute before looking back to me. "Do you have any Pokemon to help you?"

"I-I do have one," I began. "But it doesn't obey me."

The girl looked at her Kadabra, then back to me. "I can help with that. We can track down the Dark trainers together."

It took me a moment before nodding. I grabbed my backpack and took out Magikarp's Pokeball. "A-alright, this is it." I said before lightly tossing the Pokeball into the air. In a blinding flash of white light, my angered Magikarp appeared in a small pond. It was facing me, anger in its eyes.

I was about to take a step when I realized I couldn't move. I already noticed that my body was glowing and seemed to be gripped by some kind of force.

"Ha," the girl laughed beside me. "Too easy to catch you. Good work, Kadabra." The Psychic Pokemon just nodded its hand up and glowing the same color as my body. Then the girl turned to my Magikarp and pointed a finger at me. "Use Dark Beam on her."

My eyes quickly widened as I watched Magikarp lift its head and open its mouth. Before I could say anything, a large, black ray of power shot straight for me. When it hit, all I could feel was pain. My mind spun achingly and I could feel everything that happened in the past few days begin to playback like a tape in my head – the evolution of Turtwig, the capture of Beedrill, the rescue of Bulbasaur, the winning battle over Brock, and the abduction of my Pokemon. After a few more replies, I felt different – I didn't care about the victories – I didn't care about the great things that my Pokemon and I did together – it didn't matter anymore…

When I got control over my body again, I clenched my hands into fists and I felt as my shocked frown turned up into a sadistic smile. My eyes turned to look at the girl and who was looking at me like I was someone she knew – someone she could work with.

Magikarp seemed to smile too, glad that its trainer had finally seen the darkness and became a Dark trainer.

The girl quickly grabbed a bag behind her and threw at me. I caught it with ease, and looked inside. Three Pokeballs rested in it. I looked up at the other Dark trainer and she smiled again. "Your Pokemon," she explained.

I grabbed all three Pokeballs and threw them up into the air and after a few flashes of white light, my Pokemon appeared before me, looking very confused. Ivysaur quickly smiled when he saw me and took a step forward. But when he saw I didn't smile back, he stopped in his tracks and began to shake.

I turned to my Magikarp. "Dark Beam," I hissed. My other three Pokemon turned to look at the Magikarp, shocked and my fish Pokemon once again shot out a large, black beam of power. The light engulfed my Pokemon and I smiled.

When the light cleared, Grotle and Beedrill looked around with their new, dark power. But looking at Ivysaur, I didn't notice any difference. I frowned quickly and he began to back up. "Pathetic Pokemon!" I snapped. "You can't even turn Dark! Get out of my sight!"

Ivysaur didn't budge and I hissed. "Beedrill, knock some sense into it." I commanded. My Dark Beedrill quickly flew at Ivysaur and knocked it back with one of its needles. Ivysaur let out a shocked and painful cry as it hit the ground.

"Get out of my sight!" I shouted again. This time, Ivysaur shook franticly and ran off into the other direction.

I smiled. Now that that pathetic Pokemon was gone, I couldn't wait to test out my new team's strength, and the best way to do that is to first attack Brock.

"Want to go after Brock, first? Steal his Steelix, Graveler, and Ninetails?" I asked the girl, turning to look at her.

She smiled. "Thought you would never ask." With that, the girl quickly tossed up a Pokeball and after a flash of bright white light, a Dark and crazed Golduck appeared next to the girl. I smiled.

ピクシー

c l ef a b l e -
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2009
    Lily made a lot of noise and alot of mess in her decision to just barge into Professor Oak's Lab. Unluckily for her the floor had just been cleaned, this caused her to have a hard time staying on her feet. Not wanting to cause mroe stress for the professor she managed to halt herself before breaking any of his worldly research and possessions.

"Lily! What,exactly, do you think you are doing here? Running in that lie. You gave me a fright. " The greying Professor exclaimed, only being half serious. He had known the girl for many years and realised that she had an excitable temperment, Oak wondered what it was this time that had caught her eye.

"Professor Oak, have you seen the news?" She paused, trying to get her breath back, "it's absolutely terrible! There must be something I can help with. I remember seeing children coming to you for their first Pokemon and then leaving on a journey with their chosen ones. Do you have any Pokémon spare at this moment? Anything is fine, really...just so long as it's cute."

Professor Oak knew that Lily was determined, she never spoke this much unless she really wanted something.

"Slow down there girl. I've been trying to persuade you for years to start a Pokémon journey and now an organisation has grown you think you can go help out? It's not that simple, there are people out there who will take advantage of you." He explained to her as calmly as he could.

"It's not something I've taken lightly. I promise you, I am ready for this." Lily replied, clenching her fists together.

"Well..alright then. However I must ask you do me a favour in return for pairing you with a Pokémon." Professor Oak said in reply, examining her with his kind old eyes.

"What is it?"

"Well I am trying to collect Data on Pokémon in the wild so in return, I ask you to fill up this Pokedex with information you gain. It can also tell you about Pokémon you may encounter." He replied, turn his back to her and picking up a small red device from the table beside them. Lily looked at it with eager eyes, surely she already knew what this was. She had seen her friends from childhood leaving the town with their own Pokédex. Lily admitted to herself that this Dex looked different to the one her friends had. maybe it was a newer model?

"Sure..I can contribute to that.." Lily replied rather slowly, the Professor placed the dex and a Pokéball in her hand. She blicked at the ball in her hand, she had not chosen a Pokemon yet.

"This is a Pokémon which I feel would suit you...And no doubt, you will find it cute," He chuckled to himself.

Lily opened the pokéball and watched as the red mass made an exit and formed into the shape of a Pokémon. This was a new experience for the teenage girl and she was not sure what to expect.

Lily pointed her nearly recieved Pokedex at the creature. In a mechanical voice it replied; 'On nights with many shooting stars, Cleffa can be seen dancing in a ring. They dance through the night and stop only at the break of day, when these Pokémon quench their thirst with the morning dew. ' Blinking she turn to her new companion and slowly a smile spread across her pale face.

"Be on your way, I wish you luck. However, do not assume you can do much to help at this time." Oak looked down on her, not with an unkind expression but more one of wonder and hope.

"Yes. Thank you professor." Lily nodded, picking up her new friend and leaving the lab the way she came.

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content)

Royal
    Spoiler:

ピクシー

Spoiler:

Years
    When they walked out of there together, Shelby thought of something. She looked at Mijaan and grinned suddenly. He looked at her with an eyebrow raised, clearly curious to see what she had planned. She told him to follow her and together they walked to the outskirts of Pewter City. Mijaan looked at her curiously, wondering what she might be up to. Then she turned around and faced him. He opened his mouth to ask, but she shook her head and grabbed Nidorino's pokeball.

"Let's have a rematch," Shelby suggested. "It'll show you just how strong you are."

Mijaan looked doubtful when he said, "But I only have four Pokémon and you have five."

"So? I'll let Marshtomp sit this one out, considering you just battled him a while ago," Shelby said with a small grin on her face. "It will be like our last battle, what do you say Mijaan?"

Mijaan looked thoughtful for a moment, and then he nodded. "Alright sure, I'll accept. Are you ready to battle, Shelby?"

Shelby nodded and tossed Nidorino's pokeball. Nidorino came out in a burst of white light, pawing the ground. Mijaan's pokeball landed just as Nidorino popped out. It was Princess. Shelby laughed a bit at the irony. First Nidorino had fought King, and now it was up against Princess. Shelby glanced at Mijaan, and saw that he had a more confident look on his face. Shelby thought about the gym battle and knew she had to be weary of Princess, especially because of her newfound moves. Nidorino glanced back at her, eyes on her pack. Then it turned back to the fight. Shelby cocked her head to the side and thought hard. What could it…then the thought hit her. She knew that Nidorino knew she had the moonstone.

"Princess now use your slash attack on Nidorino!" Mijaan said. Princess dashed towards Nidorino, claws looking scarily sharp. Shelby quickly told Nidorino to dodge, and it sidestepped in the nick of time. Shelby then ordered a dig attack. Nidorino slammed its horn into the ground, shoveling dirt out of the way and hiding underground. Princess began to look around, and Mijaan clenched his teeth. "Princess just…stay still! Try to sense where Nidorino is!"

Shelby went for her old gym tactic. "Nidorino use thrash!" she called, knowing that her Pokémon could hear her even under the ground. When Princess got a surprised look on her face, Shelby knew it was time to attack. "Now Nidorino!" Shelby called, pointing towards Princess. Nidorino slammed Princess on her underbelly, sending her tossed up into the air. Princess hit the ground hard as she came back down. Nidorino pawed at the earth and lowered its head. "Now use horn attack," Shelby said. Nidorino charged at Princess, head lowered.

"Princess use ice beam on Nidorino!" Mijaan called.

Suddenly Princess sprang up and shot an ice beam directly towards Nidorino. It slammed into Nidorino, causing the Pokémon to get thrown backwards. Shelby ordered another horn attack, just as Mijaan ordered a slash. The two Pokémon leapt at each other and collided, getting thrown back away from each other and into opposite trees. Nidorino pushed itself up, as did Princess. Both Pokémon seemed to be low on energy, but Shelby knew Nidorino wouldn't go down without a fight.

"Nidorino use double kick," Shelby called over to her Pokémon. Nidorino nodded once, very curtly, and then charged at Princess once more. Shelby could tell that her Pokémon's speed had been fairly reduced because it was so tired. Mijaan ordered a mudslap. Shelby clenched her teeth, Nidorino and I are all close combat…while Princess can attack from both long and close range. Shelby quickly tried to figure out what to do, but it was too late. The mudslap struck Nidorino directly, sending it flying again. Shelby cried out. Nidorino pushed itself up again mud all over its face, and Shelby knew the next attack would be its last.

"Princess let's try another slash attack!" Mijaan called. Shelby smiled; she was glad that he finally seemed more intent on the battle and much more confident in himself and in his Pokémon.

"Nidorino horn attack!" Shelby said.

The two Pokémon charged at each other. They met in yet another collision, sending them both skidding on the ground. As a small cloud of dust cleared, it revealed that Nidorino and Princess were both down for the count. Shelby recalled Nidorino and grabbed Quilava's pokeball. Mijaan grabbed one of his. They threw them at the exact same time and the Pokémon took shape. It was Mijaan's Umbreon and Shelby's Quilava. Shelby thought, isn't this a fitting battle? It was like both starters were against each other. Shelby couldn't wait for this battle to start.

Just as Shelby was about to order an attack, there was a loud rustling of bushes. They both looked, and watched as an Ivysaur came barreling out and slammed right into Shelby's legs. Shelby winced and almost fell down on top of it. Quilava's flames immediately sparked up, ready to defend its trainer.

"Lava!" Quilava called, flames surrounding it. It ran at the Ivysaur. Ivysaur looked up at Shelby, tears in its eyes. Shelby put up a hand, and Quilava stopped its flame wheel attack and trotted over, eyeing the Ivysaur wearily. Shelby knelt down. Ivysaur hopped up and snuggled against her, clearly trembling. Shelby blinked and patted it on the head. Mijaan jogged over, Umbreon at its heels. Quilava sat down and cocked his head to the side, looking curiously at Ivysaur.

"Saur! Ivy, ivy!" it called. Shelby held the Pokémon and stood up. Ivysaur seemed to be alright with this, so Shelby turned back to Mijaan.

"I think this is Jess's Ivysaur," Shelby said.

"What?" Mijaan asked, inspecting the Ivysaur.

"Ivysaur, are you Jess's Pokémon?" Shelby questioned. Ivysaur nodded sadly, saying its name in a meek voice. Shelby's eyebrows pulled together and she frowned. "I think we should go back to the Pokémon Center and postpone the rest of our battle," she said to Mijaan. Mijaan agreed, and they headed out for the Pokémon Center. Shelby thought about Nidorino while Nurse Joy healed it, and then finally decided on evolving it before she headed off to her room.

Mijaan was sitting at a phone, talking to Professor Oak. Shelby appeared next to him, plopping down. They were talking about Mijaan's broken Pokedex. Professor Oak frowned, and then said something. A brand new Pokedex came out of a machine. Nurse Joy handed the Pokedex to Mijaan, who thanked the professor over and over and promised that this one would stay securely un-broken.

When Nidorino's pokeball came back, Shelby walked outside. Mijaan looked at her curiously and followed her. Ivysaur followed them both, albeit a little anxious and jumpy. Shelby let Nidorino out of his pokeball and then fumbled around in her backpack. She produced a moonstone, holding it out to Nidorino. He said his name happily, looking up at her with excitement. Shelby smiled at the young Pokémon and pressed the moonstone against its horn. Nidorino got even larger as it evolved, becoming a rather big Pokémon. Ivysaur let out a startled cry and hid behind Shelby. She patted Ivysaur and picked him up. Nidoking stood at full height now, peering down at them as if they were ants. Mijaan looked almost awestruck.

"Hey…I think I'm going to go to my room," Shelby said to Mijaan once she had recalled Nidoking. Mijaan swallowed and nodded. "I'll take care of Ivysaur…are you going to—?"

"I'm going to heal my Pokémon," Mijaan mumbled. Shelby nodded and walked back to her room, intent on getting a good night's rest.

-Day 4 End

Last edited:

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    Nova peered out the gym door, and noticed that it was dark out. Just as Nova was about to leave the gym, Brock tossed a small orb at him.
    "It's Fire Blast, it'll come in handy down the road, for sure.", thanking Brock, Nova walked hurriedly outside, his pokemon needed to get healed at the pokemon center. Nova pulled his 3 pokeballs from his belt, and stared at them proudly, 'You got us the badge, and evolved also!', he couldn't help but grin confidently. Staring up at the moon, Nova couldn't help but laugh at his luck. However, someone interrupted him from his thoughts.
    "Hey! Nova, over here!", and over walked Lucien. He noticed Nova staring at his pokeballs and gave a confused glance. Nova put them away quickly. "Hey, so how did your gym battle go? Did you win?", Lucien questioned.
    "That, and more…", Nova replied, and withdrew his Boulder Badge. The trainer gawked at it, then regained his composure, and challenged him to a pokemon battle again.
    "Sorry, my pokemon are tired, they worked hard today, maybe another time", Nova said, apologizing. Lucien snapped his fingers, then walked the rest of the way to the pokemon center with him.

Entering the pokemon center, Nova and Lucien quickly noticed the serious tone of the broadcast. There even featured an Elite 4 member, 'These Dark trainers must be a threat, then…', Nova thought, casting a glance at Houndour's pokeball.
    "Wow! These dark trainers are intense, right Nova?", Lucien asked loudly. He looked at the image of Bruno in awe. Nova nodded quickly, and then walked to Nurse Joy and requested that she heal his pokemon, then wake him in the morning. He wanted to get some training in with Machoke and Gyarados, after all.

"Lucien, I'm turning in for the night. I guess I'll see you tomorrow, then…", Nova told Lucien with a yawn. Walking up to his room, Nova flipped on the tv, and watched the broadcast over and over.
    'These dark trainers…They should be dealt with. They'll be sorry if they mess with me again, that is for sure…', Nova thought as he dozed off.

*DAY 4 END*

Last edited:

LegendaryPokeBreeder

Did you get the pecan sandies?
    Years
    The ball shook a little and stopped. Nicky wandered over to the poke ball with Magikarp splashing around on the ground. "Do I have it?" Nicky asked looking towards Magikarp as he slowly crept towards the ball. He poked the poke ball on the floor with his finger and nothing happened. "I've seen people catch pokemon before and normally it shakes more!" Nicky said picking up the poke ball. He looked at it in his hand then quickly stepped over to Magikarp and sat down. "Ok Magikarp say hello to our new friend!!" Nicky said excitedly releasing the Caterpie. A blinding light flashed and Caterpie appeared in front of them. Nicky smiled at Caterpie, "Hey little one!!"
    "Magikarrrp!" Caterpie startled at the sight of Magikarp quickly scurried to the opposite side of Nicky to hide away from Magikarp. "The little guy must get scared easily if he's scared of you Magikarp." Nicky said chuckling.
    "Magi! Magi!" Magikarp exclaimed in agreement.
    "No need to be afraid little Caterpie! We're your new friends now, we're not going to hurt you!" Nicky said looking down at the Caterpie by his side. The Caterpie looked up at Nicky and was startled to see Nicky looking down at it. The Caterpie as a response fired a String Shot at Nicky and it wrapped around his face. "Argh! That's ok little Caterpie! You're obviously are a bit weak and sacred from the battle. Maybe you'll feel better when I get you to a Pokemon Centre" Nicky said pulling the string off of his face. Magikarp continued to splash around. "And you buddy! I think we'll get some food there and stay in Viridian for the rest of the day and stay the night." Nicky got up and put Caterpie back in its poke ball. He hooked the Caterpie's ball to his belt. He un-hooked Magikarp's poke ball and returned Magikarp to his ball. He re-hooked the ball to his belt and walked off down the road towards Viridian City.

Nicky was still walking along the road and walked around a corner. He saw Viridian City within his sights. "WOO!" Nicky exclaimed jumping in the air and sending Pidgey's flying from their trees. He ran down the road towards Viridian.

After a couple of minutes running he ran into Viridian City. He stopped just as he entered. People were busily walking around and there were lots of different pokemon. He gazed admirably at the different pokemon. Suddenly he saw two pokemon clash into each other. His face lit up as he realised a pokemon battle was going on. He ran over to a crowd of people who were watching. Before he could get in closer to get a better look his stomach rumbled. He decided to look for a Pokemon Centre first before he took in the sights. He didn't have to look very far as he was literally standing right next to it anyway. "Oh! Awesome!" he said as he entered the Pokemon Centre. He walked up to a desk where the imitable Nurse Joy stood typing on a computer in front of her. She looked up and smiled at Nicky.
    "Welcome to the Viridian City Pokemon Centre. How may I help you?" Nurse Joy said still smiling. Nicky couldn't help but smile back at her.
    "Umm.. I would like my pokemon to be healed up please" Nicky said happily.
    "Ok then may I take your pokemon then?" Nurse Joy said holding out a tray.
    "Oh right yeah! Sorry I'm new to this! I got my first pokemon from Professor Oak this morning!" Nicky said unhooking his two poke balls and putting both of them on a tray.
    "Oh! Well then congratulations are in order then! And I'm pleased to have been the first Nurse Joy to heal up your pokemon!" Nurse Joy said putting the tray to one side, "These will be healed up soon. If you'd like to wait for about half an hour then these two should be ready to go again!"
    "Ok great! Thank you! Would it be ok if I picked them up tomorrow?" Nicky asked.
    "Yes its fine! If you need somewhere to sleep come back here and I'll organise a room for you."
    "I will do!" Nicky said as he walked away from the desk. He left the pokemon centre and walked around the city looking for a place where he could grab a bite to eat. He decided once he had eaten he would wait until the morning to see how the little Caterpie was feeling. For now he would take in the sights of Viridian City and try to take in his first day as well!!

END OF DAY 4!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    I saw this a while ago and was very interested, so let's try this out, shall we ^^

• Character Name: Jake Samuels
    • Experience: Rookie
    • Starter Pokemon: Poliwag
    • Pokemon Nickname: Hypnotic

• Personality: Jake is an extremely sarcastic person. He doesn't know when to contain himself at all, and it shows during formal occasions, where he is most formally scolded for being rude. He is also an extremely passionate and emotional person. His emotions usually get the best of him, and his actions reflect it, whether it be using his determination for a victory or his sadness to bring his downfall. During stressful positions, he is inclined to become an aggressive person towards those around him. This is one of the few emotions that he can control for himself, as he tries to keep his loves ones with close ties. He cares deeply for Pokémon, and would never let harm come their way, whether it is his own Pokémon or it is someone else's.

• Appearance: Jake stands at roughly 5'8". He is appears to be scrawny, but he is actually rather built (He just makes it modest). He has messy, dark brown hair, which is a medium length. His eyes are a deep brown, but they occasionally change to a deep green. His teeth are rather white, and his smile is ear-to-ear. In general, Jake wears a plain blue tee shirt and khaki shorts, but when it is colder he also puts on jeans and a gray hooded sweatshirt. At all times, a golden crucifix lies around Jake's neck, his last memento from his mother.

• History: Jake started out early with a great life: Loving parents, a nice home to live in, and reliable friends. When he turned age 7, however, his mother die in a fire in her office building in Celadon City. His father gave him the golden crucifix that was hidden in her dresser. After that, Jake had grown a closer bond with his father; they spent as much time as possible, and Jake learned of sarcasm from his father. After his mother death, however, he lost control of his emotions: Something that traumatic at that age can seriously dent a kid! He has gained aggression due to the loss of his mother as well, as whenever someone puts something close to him in harm's way, he will take whatever measures necessary to protect them. When Jake turned 11, he and his dad moved from the city to a quiet life in Pallet Town, where Jake awaited becoming a Pokemon trainer. His dad constantly told him he wasn't of age yet, and his maturity level needed to increase. The moment he turned 13, however, his dad told him he was ready.

• RP Example:
      Spoiler:
    I HaVe ReAd

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content)

Jake
    Spoiler:

End of day 4 reviews.

SWIFTSWIM!
    Spoiler:

I wrote your reviews and lost them. Basically you've all done well.
    :) Can't wait to see how day 5 goes.

Mij's RP

I wrote this entire post too..
    But im gonna write it all again -_-

Mijaan was sulking as he got his pokemon back from Nurse joy. He'd been sat around an hour and by now it was dark.
    "Is it going to rain tonight?" Mijaan asked quietly to nurse joy. there were trainers asleep all over the place and he didnt want to wake them up.
    "Not according to the weather report I saw earlier! it's going to be nice a warm all night. And very sunny tomorrow. I mean incredibly hot!" She said quietly, but with excitement in her voice.
    Mijaan calmly thanked her and exited the pokemon center. Sitting down on a patch of grass not too far from the center itself, he was frustrated that once again he didnt get chance to beat shelby.
    'Why is it that I draw more often than win?' he thought '..I don't lose too often either. But theres something stopping me from winning!'
    Mijaan closed his eyes and cast his mind back to when he and shelby first battled. They were evenly matched all the way through the battle yet Mij hardly commanded his pokemon to attack. More often then not they would attack by themselves. As with most of his battles. His pokemon have been launching attacks and dodging attacks without commands.

He then realised something important.

Climbing to his feet, Mijaan proceeded around the back of the Pokemon center to find the roofs ladders, once there he pulled the rusty ladder down and climbed up to the roof of the pokemon center and sat down. As he stared up into the moonlight he released his pokemon. Seadra, Princess, King and a Seemingly unhappy Umbreon.

"Seadra?" "Nido?" Seadra and Princess cocked their heads in confusion, they were questioning Mijaan as to what was wrong. King simply sat beside Princess and said nothing. Umbreon stared off into the moonlight, pretending not to care.

"Guys I want to apologise." Mijaan said as he stared down at his feet. This caught umbreons attention as he raised his ear to listen to what Mijaan had to say. King just sat and watched as Princess walked over and put her front paw on Mij's leg to comfort him. "I've been a jerk."

Umbreon turned around but simply seated himself back where he was sat, only this time facing in Mijaan's direction, cocking his head, Umbreon wondered what else Mijaan had to say.

"I've realised that all I do is freeze up. You guys end up doing all the work and I take the credit." He said as he pulled out the Boulder Badge. "I know I don't deserve this. I almost gave it him back. The only reason i kept this badge was because I wanted to go win a tournament and maybe everyone would notice me." He looked over at Umbreon, who had sighed at him. Umbreon walked over to Mijaan slowly as he continued to speak.

"This badge doesnt belong to me!" He announced as he raised it in the air. He then presented his badge to his pokemon. "It's yours. You guys worked so much harder than I did for this badge-" He began saying as Umbreon used his quick attack to quickly snatch the badge from Mijaan and hold it in his teeth. Umbreon dropped it near Mij's backpack and then unzipped it. He placed the badge inside mij's backpack and zipped it back up again. He looked over at Mijaan and sighed angrily.

"BRI!" He declared. Mijaan looked on in shock as umbreon proceeded to speak his mind. Unfortunately Mijaan couldnt understand his pokemon fully but he got the general idea. "UMBREON! BRII!! UMBREON!" Umbreon was telling Mijaan how important it was that they work as a team. Everything they earn would be earned as a group and nothing belonged to one or the other. "UMBREON! UMBREON!" There was silence as Mijaan thought it through.

"Bri?" Umbreon whimpered quietly looked over at Mijaan, he was hoping for some kind of understanding.
    "Seadra!" Seadra calmy said in agreement as she nodded. Mijaan blinked and looked over to King and Princess who were smiling and nodding at him. He then looked back to umbreon who walked over to him and licked his face, then rubbed his head against mijaans.

"I think I understand now." He said as he looked towards his pokemon. He laid back and his pokemon laid down with him. "We're a team. I'm strong because you guys are strong!" He said. Umbreon smiled as he knew what Mijaan was about to say. "And you guys are strong... because I'm strong."

It clicked. Mijaan actually understood what Umbreon was saying and umbreon cuddled up to mijaan and licked his face again before closing his eyes.
    Mij was filled with a strange happiness and understanding. And umbreon was finally happy too.

As he lay in the Moonlight with his pokemon, King and Princess quietly hummed a lullaby that eventually sent Mijaan to sleep.
    But just before he fell to sleep, his last thought was.

'Next time Shelby. You're mine!'

END OF DAY 4

(day 5 is gonna be the last day for people to start on the RP. Sign ups will soon be closed.)

Last edited:

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years
    Hold on, i know im late!

Hiro entered the gym, it was nothing too flashy, just a large room with a regular battle field. He walked forward and saw a man with blonde hair sitting across the field.

"Are you the gym leader, I'm here to challenge you if you are," Hiro replied. He was excited, but didn't show it, this was his first gym battle in a long while.

The man jumped off his seat and began to speak, " I'm Nathan, and I am the gym leader of Viridian City and I accept your challenge." He went on to say that this would be a double a battle, the match will be over when both pokemon on a team are both unable to battle.

Nathan tossed two pokeballs in the air and in a flash of light, a Miltank and a Tauros appeared, they both look well trained. When he saw those pokemon, Hiro knew he was in for a battle, He placed his hands on his belt and grabbed two pokeballs.

"Go Wartortle and Bellsprout," He yelled as he tossed the pokeballs into the air, after a flash of light Wartortle and Bellsprout appeared, prepared for battle.
    A referee appeared in the center and shouted " , let the match begin."

Wanting to make the first move, Hiro begins , " Wartortle, use bite on Miltank and Bellsprout, use wrap on Tauros!" Both pokemon charged forward ready to get this battle started.

Nathan, who seemed unimpressed, says," Tauros counter with Fire Blast, Miltank follow it up with Brick Break!" Tauros unleashed a huge symbol of fire headed towards both Bellsprout and Wartortle, Bellsprout dodges to right and Wartortle to the left, but as soon as Wartortle looks up, theirs Miltank who delivers a punch right into the face of Wortortle. Wortortle flies back but is able regain his balance.

"Be strong Wartortle, use water gun on Miltank," Hiro shouts as his excitement soon turns to worry. He wonders," Maybe I should've trained before coming here." Wartortle opens its mouth shoots a powerful stream of water that makes contact with Miltank and pushes it into the wall.

"Nice hit, but your going to have to do better, Miltank, use Milk Drink and Tauros get in front of Miltank," Nathan says in confidence. Miltank begins to glow as it heals its injuries, Tauros moves to Miltank preparing to defend it, but something catches his leg.

Hiro says," You seem to have forgotten about my Bellsprout, Bellsprout take him down," During the commotion with Wartortle and Miltank, Hiro had Bellsprout use vine whip and caught ahold of two of Tauros's legs. Bellsprout began to retract the vines, Tauros was struggling, trying to pull Bellsprout towards him instead.
    "Break free Tauros," Nathan yells as he looks on in frustration.

Hiro shouts, "Wartortle use water gun on Miltank!" Wartortle prepares to use water gun when all of sudden…

Out of nowhere, Nathan says," Tauros, use Giga Impact on Wartortle!" Around Tauros came this red and white force, with one yank, Tauros began charging at Wartortle while dragging Bellsprout along with it, Wartortle unleashes a water gun attack aimed at Miltank. Tauros appeared and charged thru the water gun ramming into Wartortle, Bellsprout released the vines and looked up only to see Wartortle fly into a wall. Hiro turns around and tries to motivate Wartortle into getting up, but after taking the full force of a Giga Impact attack, Wartortle is dazed and falls back down.

The referee shouts, "Wartortle is unable to battle!"

Hiro recalls Wartortle and tells him, he did his best and that he's proud of him.

Nathan asks, "Do you plan on continuing?"

Hiro answers with, "Bellsprout, use vine whip on Miltank!" Bellsprout begins to whip miltank repeatedly with his vines, Both of Nathan's pokemon are unable to attack because Miltank is healing itself and Tauros has to rest after using Giga Impact. Finally Miltank completes its healing and is annoyed after being repeatedly hit with vine whip.

Nathan sees that Miltank is done healing and says, "Grab the vines and pull it towards you!" Miltank Grabs both vines and yanks Bellsprout toward it.
    Nathan says,"Finish it with brick break!" Bellsprout enters in range of attack and is fiercely punched in the face, Bellsprout slides across the field and stops at Hiro's feet, he too has fainted.

The referee yells, "Bellsprout is unable to battle, both of the challengers pokemon are unable to battle, The Gym Leader, Nathan is declared the winner!"
    Hiro thanks Bellsprout for giving his all in the battle and recalls him in his pokeball, Nathan recalls his pokemon and tells Hiro that that was a great battle and better luck next time. Hiro thanks him, and leaves, the gym doors close and Hiro turns around and punches the door, blaming himself for the defeat, trying to rush and catch up with the other trainers, he then decides to move at his own pace, he looks up and sees the sun setting, then begins begins to walk to the pokemon center.

End of Day 4!

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023

Character Name: Elliott
    Experience: Rookie
    Starter Pokemon: Slowpoke
    Pokemon Nickname: Lentus

Personality: Elliot was brought up as an only child. As such he can be stubborn at times, expecting others to help him. While he is stubborn, he is by no means, cruel or rude, rather he is like your typical "can't stand still" 12 year old. He is really excited about starting his pokemon journey; almost too excited.

His over-confidence may be his Achilles heel. To that end, Lentus may try to hard (to compliment his trainer), and as a result, their relationship might start off a bit rocky, as the rash battles would leave the two disheartened. But as he trudges on, he learns a bit more about Pokemon battling and the importance of pokemon - trainer relationship.

Appearance: Elliot is 5'2", an average height. He has medium long brown hair which he usually slicks some gel in to make it stand up and green eyes. His complexion is fair and voice unfaultering. He is scrawny for his age which is probably a result of using so much energy in being active. He also has a funny scar on his arm (see history).

Elliot is never seen without wearing a zippered hoodie. Not so thick as to be overly hot, but just a thin layer for elemental protection (he likes the sun!), and style. His favourite hoodie is one that is black with blue triangles patterned all over. He is also seen wearing navy blue and black regular jeans.

History: As an only child, Elliot was rather spoiled. His parents bought him whatever he desired. He was born in Pewter city, but at an early age, he and his parents moved to Palet town (they were marine biologists, and thus would be closer to the ocean). As an energetic individual, the large open spaces were a great place for him to be. However one day at the age of 5, he unknowingly walked into some tall grass. It wasn't surprising then, that moments later, he was running back home in tears and whailing, holding his arm, as a Ratata had scratched him pretty deep. Even after his stitches however he was still very curious about pokemon. His parents didn't want him to run all over the place, unsupervised, but didn't want to restrict him all together. So they comprimised and decided to feed his imagination about different storys of pokemon instead. Thus they would always use his name instead of the book's character name to make Elliot feel apart of the action and even lended him reading material about their work, and its relations and importance to Pokemon (even though he might not have been able to read them all, he at least enjoyed the photos). When his parents were away doing some reasearch, his aunt would come down, to look after him. His aunt liked going to the Safarri Zone, so she told him some great storys of pokemon she had caught and even having found some gold teeth once. She would bring her Growlithe over as she was living by herself. One day she saw him watching a battle on TV. It was Dragonite vs. Chansey, she noticed he was adamantly cheering on the Dragonite. Thus, on his birthday, she got him a book about Dragon Pokemon. He liked the pictures most of all, as he was still not adept in reading (like others his age).

As a few years passed, Elliot started school, he easily became popular, having retold some of these stories (his aunt and parents told him), or just because of his cool scar (to which he had already exagerated the story about the Ratata, claiming instead it was Rayquaza (he got the idea from his dragon book) having swooped from high above the sky. He got average grades at school, and instead had more fun in PE.

His parents wanted him to further finish his schooling before starting to become a pokemon trainder, so at the age of 12 he was finally ready. Six weeks before he was to get to choose his first Pokemon, his parents informed him that they would be away on a 2 day research trip. He saw them off, as they left the harbour on their boat (named The Mariner) going south. However 2 days passed and they had not showed up. Days turned into weeks and nothing was found until 2 days before he'd get to select his pokemon. To which the coast guards had found remains of the ship it was easily identifyed as a larger portion recovered was a part of the outer haul, with the writing 'The Mariner' on the side. At that point as stubborn as he was, Elliot vowed that however long it took, he would find his parents. This, despite the fact that everyone was telling him to let go, was now his driving force when he would begin his journey.

RP Example: (Note: I don't have any previous Pokemon RP experience, so I hope these will suffice, unless if you wanted me to make an example now)

This is from the stargate universe (as a new poster in a person's RP):

5 days earlier on another planet

Holler was attempting to avoid the shots being fired by the alien race. Before that however: Human species again! I'd do away with this entire planet if I still had the resources. He decided he would attempt to acquire a ship, so as to fly back to Othala to hijack yet another ship. This primitive society doesn't even posses the technology to fix their broken stargate... If only this drone were further developed, I should perhaps chance an upgrade when I enter back in Othala. For the most part, the taking of the alien vessel was not difficult, however once the people started seeing it take off, did they respond.

Savages... Having barely learned the controls of the vessel, Holler was having small difficulties gaining the advantage. He managed to break the atmosphere, looking back he saw two other ships following suit. He quickly assessed an alternative plan. His drone helped identify a desolate planet, that still had an active stargate. Since this plan has not fooled the humans, I might as well use a Stargate. The pursuers had now started firing their weapons. It was not until the entry of the red planet's atmosphere however, that one of the ship's shots struck true. As a result the alien vessel plummeted, seemingly out of control.

He had his drone erect a force field around himself, able to withstand a crash landing and buckled himself in the seat, despite the fact that the size of the seat was too big for him.

The crash occurred, and immediately Holler jostled in the seat, nearly flying out of it.

He asked the drone to recalibrate distance from the stargate. About a 5 days walk... He also had the drone scramble any incoming scans to check for life signs, so as not to be pursued. With what little rations he had, brought along with him, and exited the alien vessel.

The sun in this solar system was not as intense as it used to be on this planet. The ground seemed to be an endless red colour, iron sediment everywhere. He now begun his trek.

5 days later

Exhausted from walking but otherwise doing well, he was informed by his drone that the Stargate was another hour away, at his current pace.

He wondered if there were any life signs on this planet The drone confirmed his suspicions, saying that there were none.

Now within visual range of the stargate, he could see the top of the stargate coming into view, then quite surprised, he saw a red-headed figure at the base of the steps. He had his drone configure a cloaking device immediately, and had it magnify what this thing or person was.

He nearly laughed out loud, it was a Goa'uld or at least it should be (he surmised that the dress attire and the ribbon device was a give-away). This confuses me, where are her Jaffa? He was skeptical at approaching He wished he had acquired that poison he heard talk of that kills the symbiote, perhaps another time. However, his drone's technology could at least evade her attacks. But he wanted information first, knowing that the Goa'uld have been a volatile species for other cultures, he respected them, but found them to be too attached to their humanity even compassionate (however little) of those who follow them.

------
    This is my OP of an RP I started, also in accordance to Stargate IP

Yasazle is a planet in the Milky Way system, and of course one of many planets that has a Stargate. This planet however is not in dispute by any ruler or faction, and is instead, a neutral planet, housing the largest resort one could imagine. Catering to anyone, they only ask for a simple monetary fee in return for their services. Because this is a neutral planet, many factions have come here to seek out a vacation, leaving behind wars or other quarrels. Sustaining in this way for several centuries, they have strict policies and heavy guard in and around the planet. The planet itself boasts a satellite network capable of destroying any ship that comes into close range of it. Because no ships are allowed to land on the planet, one who wishes to use their services, must do so by Stargate.

Conditions include:

- The checking and removal of weapons of any form
    - No ships will be allowed within the planet's high gravitation orbit
    - Penalty of death without a trial will ensue to anyone who does not comply
    - Refusing to pay for any service will also include the penalty of death

The planet is 75% comprised of water (H2O for the Tauri). Thus the majority of the inhabitants (and indeed the resort itself) live on or near the beach. The interior of the main continent where the resort is housed to several non active volcanoes, but allows for a magnificent view.

Weather there averages around 35C/95F (again for the Tauri), and there is always a slight wind to count on. There are 2 suns (one much further away however), so the planet as a whole, is never in darkness. But it is just right to sustain life. Vegetation include lots of small shrubs and boasts frond like trees similar to the Tauri palm trees, because of the abundance of vegetation, fruits and vegetables of the culture are very prevalent, allowing for the evolution of a healthy society. There are some domesticated animals, however they are of no concern to the resort itself, aside from those who enjoy meat or milk of an animal.

The Resort itself boasts several therapies that help aid the longevity of the guest. Everything from hot spring baths (as a result of the volcano), to massages and various creams and tonics.

Holler walked through the Stargate with his drone at his side, immediately as he entered, he was approached by several red coloured droids, they seemed hellbent on reprimanding him. After several scans one of them spoke.

"Thank you for arriving to Yasazle, do you agree to the terms that if you engage in any way or form, of an aggressive manner, or refuse to pay your fee, the penalty of death will be the cause for action. A yes or no will suffice."

"Yes." Holler said simply.

"Thank you. Upon your inspection, it was found to be you have an active drone with you, you will be required to disable, and remove it."

"Fine, but the drone also possess my form of payment upon my departure."

"Thank you," The droid repeated "This will be accommodated for. As a reminder, the per night fee is 89 Naquadah Nuggets and can be paid at any time in its full amount."

After several minutes of properly disengaging himself from his drone, Holler placed the drone in a containment device which sealed itself from further tampering.

He felt he didn't like being without his drone, didn't like being naked, however, this wasn't saying much, as he already was. Nonetheless he knew he needed this break, even if the species here were bordering on intolerable. He reminded himself that he had quite enough Naquadah Nuggets for a few weeks stay, but didn't need much longer than a few days

Holler walked towards the foyer to get his room.

'I HaVe ReAd

Last edited:

Fear_the_Lapras

Normal/Ice Type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    This looks cool. I'm a newbie, so go easy on me. :)

Character name: Farran
    Starter Pokemon: Zigzagoon
    Pokemon nickname: Orion

Personality: Farran is pretty cool- headed and calm... most of the time, at least. In actuality, however, he has a very quick temper that flares up from time to time, especially when under lots of stress and pressure. The outward calmness is his attempt to keep his temper in check, as he knows that his anger tends to turn away those he views as friends.

His favorite thing to pass the time is to sit somewhere shady and meditate, with his favored Zigzagoon, Orion, resting in his lap. Before, when he was younger, he was quite hotheaded and angry at those who he viewed as trying to restrain him, but he's gotten over those immature feelings now. He still hates to be told what to do, though. He hates to lose as well, and such a loss can send him flying towards the nearest spot where he can be alone to calm himself and think.

Appearance: Farran's around 5' 7", with short, black hair and brown eyes. He likes martial arts, as it helps him with his tension, so he's pretty strong, although he's never mastered the arts. As for clothes, Farran's not as fashion-guided as most people are; he just wears a pair of khaki cargo pants and a dark blue long sleeve shirt for comfort.

History: As a kid, Farran was pretty much your average, normal kid. He dreamt of being a Pokemon trainer, just like the others. Living in Saffron City, he was energetic and carefree, usually playing in the buildings and annoying adults, or taking peeks at the battles at the local Gym. He didn't like being ordered arounf, and became sulky and bitter to others whenever he was forced to do things.

However, this wasn't meant to last. A week before he was about to be sent to Pallet town for his first Pokemon, he noticed something odd in his parent's bedroom. It was open slightly, and a strange smell was emenating from the inside. When he cautiously opened the door, the first thing he saw was his mother's body on the floor... with his father standing over her. His Vigoroth that he kept from his days as a trainer was viciously tearing into her silent body.

At this sight, Farran turned and ran. But before he did, he noticed that the person he once thought of as his father was with some strange men with dark clothing...

It was then that he decided that he couldn't trust people or Pokemon.

With nowhere to go, he wandered into Vermilion city, half crazed and starving. He collapsed onto the side of a house and his exhausted bpdy shut down. The next day, Farran woke up being tended to by an elderly couple; it was their house that he had collapsed next to. Since he couldn't return home, he decided to stay at the elderly couple's house and help them as payment. This continued for many years, with Farran growing up strong and healthy, although he did wake up screaming from time to time because of nightmares about that childhood incident.

He had no intention of becoming a trainer, and luckily, the elderly couple didn't have any pokemon with them. But there was this one Zigzagoon that always went through their trash and liked to startle him at random times. He didn't like it at first, but pretty soon he got used to the antics of the Zigzagoon. He even named it Orion, after the constellation in the night sky.

As he reached his 17th birthday, he was hauling out garbage when he noticed some strange figures lurking about a building at night. He wasn't interested at first, but then he noticed that they were wearing similar dark clothes as the people he saw when he was a kid. Then he saw something unbelievable- his own father was among those dark individuals.

There was no stopping it; at the sight of his father, Farran was filled with an uncontrollable rage. He dropped all of his things and rushed blindly towards the man he hated. Orion, nearby, saw Farran rush off and tried to slow him down, knowing that such an action would be bad, but he just brushed Orion off and ran.

That was when the building blew up.

The sheer force of the shockwave sent Farran and Orion flying into the waters surrounding Vermilion. Stunned, he could only think to himself dazedly, What was that? as he sunk deeper into the water. The last thing he saw was a blue shape coming from the depths, with a long neck and an unnaturally soothing song...

He snapped awake, dripping wet, soggy, but alive. Orion was there too beside him, wet as well but breathing. Wondering what happened, he took a look around and noticed a sign that said "Pallet Town". With many questions still in his mind, Farran picked up Orion, the Pokemon that had tried to save him, and decided that he could give Pokemon another chance. Besides, he wanted to know what had saved him, and what those people were that associated with the person he had called dad. Farran bought a Pokeball and after a few playful dodges from Orion, caught his now only friend, and thought that it was better late than never to start his Pokemon journey.

RP example: (Er, this is my first attempt at ANY RP at all, so I don't have anything here. But I'm an aspiring writer, so I'm looking forward to writing adventures here. If I need this, I'll make one up.)

'I HaVe ReAd

ピクシー

c l ef a b l e -
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2009
    Lily was pacing the road out of Pallet Town holding her new Pokemon in its Pokéball. She kept looking at it in amazement, surely this was a dream? For years Lily had been putting this off, but now she wished that she had not done so for this was very new and exciting to her.

"Hmm...Well Cleffa is only a small Pokémon so I wonder if I can carry her for now.Well....come on out then!" Lily spoke to no-one in particular, she pressed the button twice and watched as the red mass formed into her Cleffa.

"Pii piii Pi." The small Pokémon called to her trainer. Lily was immediately enchanted by the baby Pokémon. Surely this was the start of a good relationship between trainer and Pokémon.

"Well, I think you need a name rather than Just cleffa...Hm, well all you can say right now is pii right?" Lily said to her companion, "So..how about Pii? It's simple and cute."

The Cleffa blinked and then nodded slightly, it seemed to be a shy and quiet Pokemon. Lily wondered what it would be like in battle, however at tthe mention of battle, Pii seemed to cower a bit.

Lily wondered where they should head for next. Looking around foer the nearest Pokemon Centre, she could see the red roof in the distance. Picking up Pii, she placed Pii of her should and started to head for the building. Lily approached the building and say that it indeed was a Pokemon Centre. She headed inside.

DAY 4 END

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

HiroUey

Spoiler:

ピクシー
    Spoiler:

Chris515
    Spoiler:

New sign ups!
    Spoiler:

Preparing for day 5
    (so you know what to expect)
    Day 5 is the day where Dark Trainers really make their move. Oak knows something is going down and decides to try and recruit the remaining youngsters as pokemon trainers to help him investigate situations. Aswell as continue his research for him while he's busy sorting out the Dark Trainer situation.

Newcomers:
    Oak has just called your parents and asked you all to come quickly to the Pokemon lab. You will start your posts as you are all stood in the lab choosing your pokemon.
    Soon, I'll give you a specific start for the situation. Oak won't actually be around but his assistant 'Dr. Marley' will be there, I'll tell you what she'll say and i'll let you all go choose your pokemon and start your journeys. But you're gonna have to wait for day 5 to start.
    If i havent accepted your Sign Up yet. It's not because I'm ignoring you, it's because I'm waiting for 24 hours to pass to kick a certain character in the RP who doesnt seem interested.

Viridian City:
    Those of you who are in viridian city on day 5, expect to face off against a Dark Pokemon trainer. (they will be using Psychic Pokemon dressed in Black Armor. Like earlier in the RP)
    Nathan, the gym leader, will be using his gym as a shelter for anyone who is attacked by Dark Trainers. You are free to heal up your pokemon, eat and even challenge the gym leader himself.
    Anyone hoping to reach Pewter City today from Viridian will be unable to. The Dark Trainers will be cutting off all routes to pewter city and nobody will be able to access.

Pewter City:
    Something big is gonna happen this evening. Brock's proud city of pewter will come under attack and everyone must be prepared for it. Brock will NOT be taking any gym challenges during day 5.
    Jess, Nova, Shelby, Mij, Chris(and your friend Missy) must all be in pewter as the day is about to end.

Direct any questions to the OOC thread please.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    Chris day 4
    ooc: I'm going to get straight into the gym battle pretty much.

Chris opened his eyes as he woke up in the pokemon center room. His thoughts were still on today's gym battle and he decided that he'd probably go it alone. 'I'll not wake missy up.' He thought. 'That way I won't feel nervous. I don't want an audience.' he said to himself.

Climbing out of bed he once again sneaked out of his room and headed quickly over to nurse joy's desk. Nurse joy smiled and handed his pokemon over to him. Chris didnt stick around and waved as he ran through the pokemon center doors. His gym battle was closing in as he saw the Gym building down the road. There wasnt much standing between him and Nathan now. Viridian was quiet at this time, there was nobody around.

As he arrived at the doors of the mighty gym, he pushed the doors to find them open. Nathan was already standing around in the battling room waiting for challengers.

"I suppose you are here to face me?" Nathan asked as chris approached the leader. Chris nodded and smiled at the gym leader who was happy to accept his challenge. The two of them split to seperate sides of the battlefield ready for their battles to begin.

"This is a battle you won't win." Nathan smirked. "The look on your face tells me you are far too inexperienced for this!" But nathans overconfidence was shortlived.
    "You should think again, Nathan. Your miltank and tauros are a powerful combination, but your pokemon are both Normal type. Having two pokemon of the same type that don't cover eachother's weaknesses is reckless in a double battle."
    Nathan just laughed and responded with a quick. "Oh? You'll see."

Chris looked on sternly as his opponent released his pokemon. Tauros and Milktank stood proudly as they waited for chris to unleash his two pokemon, and he did so quickly.

'I dont have much experience with Spearow. Abra's flash and teleport ability should distract one of his pokemon so that Arkie can manage an easy one on one fight.' Chris planned his strategy as he unleashed his pokemon.

"Growriff!" Arkie clawed at the ground in anticipation, mimicing tauros's lack of patience to mock him. Abra silently stared at Miltank and all four pokemon were ready to fight. The referee's flag went up and Nathan wasnt about to waste any time!
    "Tauros! I want you to get in closed and Body Slam that growlithe!" He swiftly commanded, and then pointed over at Abra. "Miltank, Give that little guy a hard time!" Tauros lowered his head and Charged in towards Arkie where as Miltank stood and stared Abra down.

Chris smirked. "Abra, do your stuff! Arkie get ready to avoid that body slam!" Abra watcehd as tauros approach and he quickly teleported infront of Tauros. This startled tauros and he steered off course and slowed down. Miltank didnt expect what was about to come, but Arkie grabbed hold of his arm with a vicious Bite attack and was pulling down on her arm. Miltank was in pain as she was being dragged by the vicious dog-like pokemon and she looked over to her trainer.
    "Shake off that Growlithe and smash it with a Brick Break attack!" He commanded and Miltank followed with a punch to the face which threw Arkie back some.
    Tauros was glaring angrily at Abra who simply stared and watched. "Smash him tauros! Giga impact!" He shouted and Tauros was ready. He lowered his head and began to glow a vicious red, his body was almost steaming as he charged in towards Abra who simply avoided the attack with ease by using Teleport again. Tauros smashed into a wall and hurt its self. Meanwhile Miltank was watching as the incoming growlithe approached once again.
    "If he attacks, counter it Miltank!" Nathan commanded as he shifted his attention to his Miltank.

"Arkie!" Chris shouted. "Smash it with tackle!" His loyal Growlithe leaped into the air and came crashing down with a powerful tackle attack, but Miltank simply swung her body at him and smacked Arkie with body slam. The two attacks collided but Miltank clearly got the better of the collision and smashed her opponent back quite a distance. Arkie landed on all four feet but was slightly injured and proceeded to attack further on chris's command. "Bite!" Chris yelled and Arkie moved in. A crushing flame lit bite hit Miltanks arm in the same spot as she was bit last time and Miltank was burned. Flames spit from Arkie's mouth as he held on, growling at his opponent. Miltank tossed back his opponent and punched it in the face with a Brick Break once again. The repeat performance was to be expected however and Chris was prepared for it. As Miltank had just punched Arkie, its fist was still stretched out and was left wide open.

"Do it now! Ember!" Chris yelled, and before Miltank could regain its composure, his Growlithe shot a powerful fire attack at Miltank and struck it back some.

Tauros had gathered its strength again and was ready to fight, This was of no concern to Abra who simply floated in the Air, taunting his opponent to attack.
    "Tauros, Don't let him bother you. Calm yourself!" Nathan commanded. Tauros had Paralyzed himself by smashing into the wall and was clearly effected but this wasnt to last. He seemed to glow for a second and the paralysis seemed to have passed. It used Refresh. Nathan saw this and commented with, "Nice job!"

Tauros and Nathan knew that chasing after Abra was a waste of time. It's teleport ability was far too fast for Tauros to catch it out so instead he had another plan, but didnt let on. "Tauros. I want you to body slam that Abra again." He commanded. Tauros looked back at his trainer confused. "Just do it!" He said. Tauros grunted and scraped the ground before charging in towards Abra who, again simply avoided it.

Chris's Growlithe Arkie was standing ready as Miltank regained its composure. It was burned but this didnt seem to effect it for long. A bell chime could be heard as Miltank's burn marks faded away. Miltank then used Milkdrink to start healing its wounds, but as it was healing itself Arkie had snuck in behind it.
    "NOW!" Chris yelled and Arkie leaped into the air and chomped onto the back of Miltank's head. A flame lit Fire Fang attack struck Miltank down and it was beaten.

"Miltank is unable to battle!" The referee announced and Nathan looked on shocked. He didnt expect chris's growlithe to be so strong. Arkie was tired and started to pant. He watched Miltank being returned but suddenly.
    "NOW TAUROS!" Nathan yelled as he clenched his fists. Arkie didnt even look up, he was still panting. All chris could do was watch.

CRASH!!!

Tauros struck Arkie in the side with a Giga Impact powerful enough to send him flying into the nearby wall. With a thud, a dust cloud appeared and slowly faded away. Arkie was laying unconcious against the wall and cracks began to form in the wall.

"Growlithe is Unable to battle" The referee announced. Chris quickly returned Arkie and looked over at Abra who was floating on the battle field. Looking on with a sad expression on its face. It could do nothing to stop Arkie from being defeated. He was about to give up however and floated its way down towards the ground. Standing on its two feet with its palm faced towards Tauros it waited.

Tauros was recharging his strentgh after the attack but it didnt take him too long, he bout turned and headed for Abra who was standing his ground. This time Abra wasnt going to flee.
    "Tauros. Let's finish this." He announced. "Giga Impact!" And Tauros began to glow again. His horns were facing towards Abra and he began to charge in with incredible force.

"ABRA! Get out of the way!" Chris yelled but Abra stood still. His palm began to glow blue and just as Tauros was about to hit, Abra had somehow stopped it in it's place. Suddenly, Tauros was glowing blue and Abra had somehow lifted it off the ground.
    "Confusion?" Nathan wondered as Abra's body was glowing white now. "But that must mean."

Chris clenched his fist and grinned as he watched Abra slowly evolve to Kadabra, with spoon and all, Kadabra simply tossed Tauros aside. Tauros landed a fair distance away and as he tried to climb to his feet, Kadabra quickly used another confusion to push Tauros into a nearby wall. Tauros couldnt move and was fairly injured. Nathan looked on as Kadabra pressured Tauros further. It's confusion attack was strong enough to pin tauros and the bull pokemon was crying out in pain.

"Alright that's enough." The referee called. "Tauros is unable to continue this battle."
    Chris grinned as the referee announced him the winner. Kadabra teleported to his side and looked up at him with a smile on his face. Using confusion to pull his own pokeball from chris's hand and returned himself. He must have been tired.

Chris received his tank badge and his bodyslam TM before leaving the gym, he was happy.

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Not gonna do a proper review.
    Nice post though chris. Growlithe learned fire fang.
    :)

cookie_lovr

Deh Clumsy Altruistic Activist
    Years
    SignUp
    Character Name: Starr Reever
    ( Nickname: Starr )
    Starter Pokemon: Misdreavus (Acts Very Afraid)
    Pokemon Nickname: none
    Personality:
    Starr is impatient, but kind. He usually gets upset for being annoyed and likes tapping his feet on the ground when he is in his -impatient mode-. He doesn't get really mad, but he is one that is very eager-- maybe too eager. He doesn't like waiting though. He doesn't have any friends, since his parents are overprotected and doesn't like him going on in the community.
    His hobbies includes reading about Pokemon (not like handbooks, but just reading stories, like Harry Poketter and the Half Blood Pokemon). He also loves drawing, and writing in his small portable planner. With this he carries a small notebook in his pocket, always reaching it to draw the magnificent views out there in the world.
    Appearance:
    Starr is around 4'11", which is kind of short for his age. He has brown eyes and black hair. His hair has a few bangs on the side with the rest of his hair lying down. He isn't athletic either (More nerdy than jockey). His hair isn't too smooth or too rough. Starr usually just wears his long brown baggy pants (with a gray belt), a comfortable blue shirt with a ocean wave on it, covered on the sides with opened-zipper gray jacket. His long brown pants have two pockets. One pocket holds nothing while his other one holds his handy notebook, which he draws interesting views and pokemon in it. The notebook is also a planner when he needs to remember important things like if he has to do something for someone. He checks it often.
    History:
    Starr was a average person. He'd be more average if he was athletic though. He always wanted to be a Pokemon Trainer, not do sports, thinking it was boring. The mom of the family supported me and encouraged me to do what I do more, like read and draw, except the dad was supportive only with athletic purposes (he wasn't so athletic himself either). After twelve long years of this, our family was still the same. Same good mom. Same bad dad. This continued until I was brave enough to ask my parents, "Mom, can I get a pokemon, please? You don't have to worry, since I am old enough to support myself." There was a long pause. My dad broke the silence, saying in his lax voice, "Why don't you let him go? It's good exercise." My mom thought a bit. I could see small forming tears around her eyes. "Mo-oo-oom", I said. She responded with a yes. She was still sad, but I knew deep down she was happy for me. She told me what to pack, and I packed it all up, after all. My adventure is finally going to happen after twelve long years of overprotection from my mother.

RP Example:
    (I don't have much experience RPing [first one])
    The cold air brushed against the edge of my cheek as I wandered swaying in the cold snow. Not to mention that Misdreavus was out cold in my hands. I would think it fainted, but occasionally it would sneeze or shiver. I shivered in the cold, trying to find a way out of this lost area, far from civilization, probably.
    The question was... how did I get here?
    I wasn't going to answer a question I didn't know. One day I was right before the Pokemon League, running out of Victory Road, and the next thing I know, a team of white suited workers with Bowl Cut haircuts put me in the bag. I didn't make a sound in that bag, after all, they'd probably hurt me if I did. After a moment of hearing muffled sounds, they dropped me in the middle of the snow lands, saying "They don't need you."
    I was thinking... who didn't need me? What did they do to me? Did they harm Misdreavus?
    One of my questions were answered. Misdreavus was in the front of my shirt, acting very startled and scared. I asked Misdreavus, "did they hurt you?" Misdreavus shook her head. "Good. If they did, I'll beat them up for doing it." Misdreavus smiled a bit.
    ... but still... who where they... and what what did they want?
    After these memories appeared in my head, I suddenly came back to Earth.
    And guess what.
    Land was seen.

-I HaVe ReAd-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back