• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Pokemon Energy / Road to the Pokemon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012

Fiegn
    Spoiler:

Fear_the_Lapras
    Spoiler:

Cookie_Lovr
    Spoiler:

Announcement:

The first post has been adjusted slightly. Please go read it everyone.

I will not be accepting anymore sign ups. Posting them will be a waste of your time.
    Instead, PM me if you are interested. I will let you know if there is an opening.

Dawn's Hat has been kicked from the RP. Violation of rule 2.
    Tried to contact you but received nothing back.
    The rules can be found here.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=172251
    Everyone please review the rules so that you know you won't be kicked for similar violations.

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Forced Continue:
    Chris healed his pokemon at the pokemon center. As he got outside, Missy was stood there waiting for him.
    "Nurse joy said you'd gone without me!" She said. "Well.. Did you win?" after looking at the grin on chris's face. "WELL?"
    Chris smiled as he showed her his tank badge. "Well done!" She shouted as she grabbed his arm. "Now come on! We're off to pewter city right?!"
    Before he could even say anything, she dragged chris towards vidirian forest.
    "Arkie come out." Chris called out his fire pokemon in order to watch for beedrill.
    After spending many hours trecking through the forest, there hardly seemed to be any pokemon at all. Perhaps something was frightening them away?
    Chris and Missy walked for hours and were almost at pewter city when night fell, but they decided to set up camp for the night.
    End of day 4

Day 5 HAS STARTED!!
    It's sun rise... today is going to be another sunny day.

In Viridian City, the route towards viridian forest has been blocked off by dark pokemon trainers.
    In Pewter City, the route towards Mount Moon has been blocked of by dark pokemon trainers.
    In Pallet Town, for the newbies:

Dr. Marley is stood waiting for the newcomers to arrive. As they all assemble, she begans to discuss the situation.
    "Prof. Oak has gone missing!" She said worridley. "And many of the labs pokemon have been stolen overnight!" She pulls out a small suitcase of pokeballs and looks to these new trainers. "Here, I want you to each take a pokemon and look after it for me. It will be your pokemon from now on, but you have to promise me you'll avoid these Dark Trainers." After all the trainers nod and each take a pokeball, she turns and puts her hand on a final suitcase.

"Here...I want you each to take one of these too... But these are precious to me. Be very careful with them."

The suitcase opens to reveal...
    Spoiler:

She quickly rushes you out of the lab and goes outside with all of you, locking it from the outside and pointing towards the main area of pallet town.
    "If you havent said goodbye to your family, do it now!" she smiles. "Be careful!" She begins to walk away from the lab until eventually getting out of sight.

-------------------------------------------------
    MOUNT MOON POKEMON CHALLENGE! Updated poster!
    Think you're one of the best trainers in the area?
    Do you have the ability to take on powerful foes?
    Come to mount moon - Day 7 - and have the chance of gaining a very special Gym badge.

A blank area for extra information has been filled in by nurse joy.

16 trainer tournament. Entry Requires ONE gym badge and THREE pokemon!
    Any trainers allowed aslong as they stick to the rules. Police officers and security will be on hand to eject those who do not follow the rules.
    Rules will be presented to you on the day should you wish to attend.
    Set off to Mount Moon early during Day 6 if you wish to arrive on time, The battling will start very early in day 7 so you need to get there the night before!
    Come and ask me if you need any more help.
    - Nurse Joy

More information available by calling this number...

--------------------------------------------------
    Pewter City
    Main features:
    A closed GYM.
    Pokemon Center, With a restaraunt, hotel and a poke mart all in 1 building.
    A closed pokemon spa. For relaxing your pokemon. Run by brock's family.
    A small park, where trainers gather to battle.
    A closed pokemon museum.
    Lots of other buildings dotted around. It's not a busy city but its a large one.
    Day 5 Pewter Wild pokemon
    On the outskirts of Pewter City you can find; Skitty early in the morning, and other strange encounters. PM me before you post and i'll tell you if you come across a pokemon. (basically pokemon that shouldnt be in the area.) dont encounter anything else otherwise. keep an eye on your review! :P Everything else has fled the area.

Dark Trainers!
    Dark trainers are approaching Pewter City... Ready yourselves!!

Day 5 HAS STARTED! THEY ARE COMING!

DEFEND YOURSELVES! GO!!!

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    After being forced on his Pokémon journey by his parents, Jake walked into Professor Oak's laboratory. All of the trainers assembled around Dr. Marley, Professor Oak's assistant.

"Prof. Oak has gone missing!" She said worriedly. "And many of the labs Pokémon have been stolen overnight!" She pulls out a small suitcase of Pokéballs and looks to these new trainers. "Here, I want you to each take a Pokémon and look after it for me. It will be your Pokémon from now on, but you have to promise me you'll avoid these Dark Trainers."

"Sure, I guess if we must do the dirty work for you!" Jake said with a hardy grin upon his face.

Dr. Marley replied upsetly, "This is no joking matter Jake, if you must start your journey today, you must avoid the Dark Trainers. This matter has nothing to do with you four doing our work with the Pokédex right now. You must be careful!"

"Alright, alright. I got it," Jake said in a compromising matter.

Jake stared at the briefcase holding the four, brightly shining, Pokéballs infront of him. He wasn't too sure which one to choose. He played threw his finger around in circles, until it landed on one of the Pokéballs.

"Alright, come on out, whoever you are!" Jake said with passion.

Out of a bright, shining light, a little Poliwag appeared in front of Jake.

"Ahh, Poliwag. It is a water-type Pokémon. It should be valuable for you in the future, especially with your gym battles ahead," Dr. Marley said with a smile. "Would you like to give it a name?"

"Actually, yes," Jake said full-heartedly. He turned to his new Poliwag and said, "I'll name you Hypnotic, for your crazy-swirly stomach!"

"Poli Poli!!"

"Here...I want you each to take one of these too... But these are precious to me. Be very careful with them."

In the second suitcase, four Pokémon eggs were shown.

"They are labeled one through four, and I want each you of four to choose one."

Jake looked at the eggs carefully, and after a little while, he stated, "I'll take number three."

"Alright, here you are Jake, and please please please be careful with it!" Dr. Marley said with such emotional distress.

Jake started to turn out of the lab, but at the last minute, Dr. Marley said, "If you haven't said goodbye to your family, do it now!" as she smiles. "Be careful!" She begins to walk away from the lab until eventually getting out of sight.

Why would I want to say goodbye to my dad? He is the one who MADE me go on this thing!

LegendaryPokeBreeder

Did you get the pecan sandies?
    Years
    Nicky - Day 5 - Viridian City

Nicky awoke early the next day as his excitement for the coming day was getting the better of him. He washed and gathered his stuff together into his bag. He slung his bag over his shoulders and left the little room he was in. He closed the dormitory door and walked down the small corridor and opened another door into the huge main room of the Pokemon Centre. He walked up to the main desk where Nurse Joy stood. She was giving another trainer their pokemon back. The trainer thanked Nurse Joy and walked off. Nicky approached the desk smiling and Nurse Joy recognised him straight away. "Ahh! Your pokemon are all healed up." Nurse Joy said handing Nicky his poke balls.
    "Thank you Nurse Joy." Nicky said cheerfully, "I hope the little guy wasn't too much trouble running away scared all the time."
    "You mean the little Caterpie?" Nurse Joy asked confused.
    "Yeah. Why? Nothing happened did it?" Nicky asked suddenly getting worried.
    "No no its not that. Its just the Caterpie isn't a little guy. It's a little girl."
    "Oh!! I didn't realise that! Sorry!" Nicky said laughing at his mistake.
    "No need to be sorry. There are some characteristics where you can tell the difference but on a pokemon so small it can be hard to tell." Nurse Joy explained.
    "Oh ok well thanks for the heads up!" Nicky said happily, walking away hooking both of his poke balls to his belt.

He walked outside and the sun shined brightly down. There wasn't a single cloud in the sky. Nicky breathed in the air and smiled. He looked around the area and only a few people were walking around. He then walked off and headed towards a nice patch of grass he saw yesterday afternoon where it was perfect for him to train with his Magikarp a bit more and get Caterpie to relax. He saw the patch of grass and was relieved to see that no one was there. He quickly stepped onto the grass.
    He un-hooked Magikarp's poke ball from his belt but decided to see Caterpie first. He re-hooked Magikarp's poke ball to his belt and un-hooked Caterpie's. A bright light flashed and Caterpie appeared in front of him. "Hey Caterpie! Are you feeling better?" Nicky asked.
    "Piiii! Caterpie!" Caterpie exclaimed as it scurried around excitedly. Suddenly it seemed to remember something. The Caterpie started to look around for something. Nicky knew who it was looking for. "You don't have to worry about Magikarp for a while. But your going to have to get used to him eventually!" Nicky said with a concerned tone of voice, "But for now its just me and you. I don't want you to be scared of me. So I'll bring Magikarp out in a bit."
    "Caterpie! Caterpie!"
    "Ok so … I know you have Tackle and String Shot. Which are both useful. I assume you have battled other pokemon before. So I think its straight down to finding wild pokemon for you to fight. And for me to try and catch!" Nicky said trying to figure out a training procedure.

He stood up and looked around. "Ok follow me Caterpie." Nicky said as he walked off towards the edge of Viridian City where a path led to somewhere. Caterpie scurried along beside Nicky. There was a sign that read "Pokemon League This Way!"
    Nicky gasped and carried on walking down the path with Caterpie scurrying along side him. He stopped when he came across the huge Pokemon League building. He saw a trainer about to enter the building with a Blastoise at their side. Two guards stepped in front of the trainer and the huge figure of Blastoise. He couldn't quite hear what was being said but the trainer showed the two guards something and they both stepped aside to let the trainer in.
    Nicky looked down at Caterpie and knelt down. "That trainer must have all the badges from the Kanto gym leaders if they're entering the building!" Nicky said quietly to Caterpie, "I hear the Elite Four are stronger than any Gym Leader." He gazed at the building in awe imagining the toughest pokemon battling it out inside of it. He stood up again and walked back up the road towards Viridian City.

"Sorry I didn't realise that the Pokemon League was that way. I was looking for a wild pokemon that you could …" Nicky was suddenly cut off when a wild Mankey jumped out in front of them, "Never mind Caterpie. You ready for a battle?" The Mankey quickly charged at Caterpie. "Woah! Looks like the Mankey is!!" Nicky exclaimed. The Mankey brought a Karate Chop down on Caterpie.
    "Caaaaterpie!" Caterpie cried in pain from the attack as it was sent flying. Nicky looked concerned but before he could ask if Caterpie was alright, Caterpie quickly recovered with an angry look in its eye as if to say, Hey!! I wasn't ready!!
    Nicky smiled and thought to himself, Caterpie may get scared easily but it sure can forget its fear in a second!!
    "Ok Caterpie! String Shot!" Nicky shouted. Caterpie fired a String Shot at Mankey but the Mankey was too fast and dodged the attack! The Mankey retaliated with another Karate Chop to Caterpie which once again sent Caterpie flying.
    "Are you alright Caterpie?!?!" Nicky said almost immediately. Caterpie didn't reply but once again recovered. "Ok good! Caterpie use Tackle!!" Nicky barked. Caterpie charged towards the Mankey and landed a blow. The Mankey quickly lost its temper at this and quickly hit back with another Karate Chop before Caterpie could get a good distance away to try another Tackle. Caterpie hit the ground hard and was stunned. "Oh no!! Caterpie!!" Nicky shouted worriedly, "This Mankey is just too fast for us!!"
    Instead of landing what would have probably been the final blow the Mankey started to use Focus Energy. Nicky looked at the Mankey with confusion. Why is it doing that? Surely one more would finish it. It must just want to make sure that Caterpie stays down this time, Nicky thought to himself. Nicky suddenly had an idea. He shouted to Caterpie, "Caterpie!! Quick get up! The Mankey is using Focus Energy this is your chance!!" With that said, Caterpie slowly got to its feet and looked at Nicky for more instructions. Nicky could see that Caterpie was weak but knew there was still a chance. Suddenly the Mankey charged towards Caterpie with its arm out aiming for a weak spot.
    "Caterpie! Use String Shot on its legs!!" Nicky shouted out quickly. Caterpie quickly shot a String Shot at Mankey and the Mankey fell as the string tightened around its legs. The Mankey landed on the ground face first, stunning the Mankey and damaging it.
    "Yesss! Now Caterpie use Tackle and weaken it a bit more." Nicky said excitedly readying an empty poke ball in his hand. Caterpie charged full force at the immobile, stunned Mankey and sent the Mankey flying. Nicky was taken aback by Caterpie's power. But Caterpie seemed to recoil from the attack. "Good job Caterpie!" Nicky exclaimed. He quickly threw the empty poke ball at the Mankey. The ball opened, sucked the Mankey inside and fell to the ground. Nicky ran over to see to Caterpie. "Caterpie! Are you alright?!?!" Nicky said worriedly.
    "Caaaterpiee" Caterpie said weakly.
    "Just hang on a little longer." Nicky said still worried.
    He looked over to where the Mankey was and the ball started to shake ….

Last edited:

Fear_the_Lapras

Normal/Ice Type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    Something was nudging him. Was it his mom? Farran could feel the sun's rays on him, and so he could tell it was morning. Of course, he didn't want to wake up. His mom could go wait for a while; there was no way he wanted to crawl out of his bed right now. His body ached pretty badly… was it because of basketball practice? Eyes closed, he groped around himself for his sheets, but strangely they were out of his reach.

The nudging grew insistent. Farran felt wetness on his nose… was his mom licking him?! Quickly, he opened his eyes… and was greeted by the face of a furry creature.

"GAAAHH!!!" In a flash, Farran was up. What in the world…? he started to think until he got a closer look at his so-called "assailant."

A Zigzagoon stared back at him, seemingly smiling at Farran's sudden rising. At the sight of the furry Pokemon, the memories of the past events all came rushing back to him.

That's right… he thought. This wasn't home anymore. He wasn't sure that there was anywhere that he could call home right now. Then his mind turned to the old couple that had raised him for the past couple of years, and started to worry about them. I left so suddenly… I hope they're doing alright.

But that could wait for now. Shaking his head to get rid of his wandering thoughts, he crouched down to greet his friend.

"So, Orion, right?" At the mention of his name, Orion scampered closer to Farran and growled happily. Farran couldn't help but smile at the small Pokemon's enthusiasm. After a few pats on the head, he stood up to survey his surroundings; Orion climbed up his shoulders to take a look as well.

The first thing he saw was the sign proclaiming "Welcome to Pallet Town!"

"Right, I'm in Pallet Town," Farran said to himself. "So this is where trainers start their journey. If I remember… Professor Oak's Lab should be around here."

After a few conversations with the locals, he eventually found his way to the Lab. Upon reaching the door, he paused to take a deep breath. Here goes nothing, he thought.

Inside he was greeted by the sight of two other trainers, and a woman who introduced herself as Dr. Marley. She was fine to talk to, but the stares of the other beginning trainers were making Farran feel self-conscious. He was a few years older than the normal starting age of a trainer, so it felt pretty awkward.

But something felt odd. This was Professor Oak's Lab, but where was the man in question? Before he could ask, Dr. Marley strode up to them with a worried look on her face.

"Professor Oak has gone missing! And many of the lab's Pokemon have been stolen overnight!"

Well, that answers my question, Farran mused. But Pokemon being stolen? And the Professor missing? Is that connected in any way to the events that brought me here?

His attention was diverted when Dr. Marley pulled out a suitcase filled with a few Pokeballs. She motioned to them as she spoke again. "Here, I want you to each take a Pokemon and look after it for me. It will be your Pokemon from now on, but you have to promise me you'll avoid these Dark Trainers."

"Um…" Farran began to say. Dr. Marley turned to face him, impatience written all over her face. "What is it?" she snapped.

A flash of irritation came upon Farran, but he quickly smothered it down. Relax, he thought. The doctor is worried about the Professor. Calm, he pointed to the Zigzagoon curled up around his shoulders. "Well, thanks for the offer, but… this little fella got attached to me before I got here. I think I'll have him as my starter, if that's all right."

Dr. Marley glared at him for a second, but then softened and smiled. "Sorry I yelled," she said with a sigh. "It's just been too hectic around here. With the Professor gone, I don't know what I'll do with myself. But as for your Zigzagoon, I guess it'll be alright." At her words, Orion gave a small, happy growl. Dr. Marley patted his head, and then turned to face the other Trainers, pulling out another case.

"Here… I want you each to take one of these too… but these are precious to me. Be very careful with them."

The opened suitcase revealed four eggs. "Pokemon eggs?" Farran exclaimed, surprised. He had heard about them at school before, but had never seen one until now. "So, we get to keep one? Interesting…"

One of the Trainers picked the third one, and it was Farran's turn next. He had always liked the number four, so he chose the fourth one. As he picked the egg up, he noticed it was nice and warm. He briefly wondered what was inside, but the last Trainer picked his egg, and so Dr. Marley closed the case and ushered them outside.

After closing and locking the lab from the outside, she turned to them and issued her final words. "If you haven't said goodbye to your family yet, do it now!" She smiled and pointed to the main area of Pallet Town. "Be careful!" At that, she turned and walked away, disappearing into the distance.

"Well, family's out of the option," Farran muttered. He gazed at the Pokemon egg he held in his hands, and marveled at the sense of life it was giving off. Even Orion shifted his body on Farran's shoulders to get closer to the egg and sniff it curiously.

But he had to get going. Remembering the mention of Dark trainers, Farran thought of the men in dark clothes he had seen in Saffron and Vermilion city. He would find out. He was on his journey now, and no one would stop him.

"No one will stop me!" Farran cried out, surprising himself. To his astonishment, Orion growled in agreement. A small smile appeared on his face. It's good to know that there's someone I can count on, Farran thought.

"Now, if I remember… the next city is Viridian." Giving one more pat on Orion's head and putting the egg in a small backpack that a local was kind enough to give him, he turned towards the path that would take him into the next city.

"Viridian City, Here I come!"

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content)

Jake
    Spoiler:

LegendaryPokeBreeder
    The pokeball shakes around violently..
    Spoiler:

Fear_The_Lapras
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    The next day Shelby woke up with a yawn and stretched. Quilava was lying next to her, flame off. When she stirred Quilava's eyes popped open and it looked at her. Shelby rubbed her Pokémon's head, and then got up and got ready to go for the day. Quilava simply sat on the bed and waited for her to finish. Alright, Shelby thought enthusiastically, I'm going to head to Mt. Moon today. Maybe I'll even catch a Pokémon or two along the way. Quilava yawned as it waited. Shelby grinned at her Pokémon. Then she asked if he was ready to go. Quilava replied happily and hopped of the bed. Shelby fleetingly wondered where Mijaan was, before she and Quilava took off.

"Lava!" Quilava called, frowning. Shelby paused as they jogged out of the Pokémon Center. She looked down at her Pokémon with her head cocked to the side. "Lava! Quilava lava!" Quilava said.

"What's wrong?" Shelby questioned.

Quilava glanced around and then looked at Shelby. Shelby cocked her head to the side and looked around Pewter City. No one seemed to be outside, and it was rather…quiet. Shelby frowned as she noticed a 'closed' sign on some of the shops. A man in dark clothes was out, but that was about all. Then he disappeared around a corner. Shelby could've sworn that his clothes looked familiar, but she couldn't recall from where. They continued walking towards the outskirts of Pewter.

Shelby stuffed her hands in her pockets. Dang it, she thought. She then picked up Ivysaur's pokeball (she had leant one to it for the time being) and tossed it up. Ivysaur popped out and called its name happily. Quilava replied and then Ivysaur's expression looked a bit more troubled. It also looked slightly frightened. Shelby crouched down and rubbed the small Pokémon's head. Ivysaur still seemed rather young to Shelby, and she couldn't understand why it was anywhere without Jess.

"Neary!" a cry from a bush startled them.

They all turned towards the route heading to Mt. Moon. Shelby's eyebrows shot up and she fumbled for her Pokedex. When she pointed it at the Pokémon, it said that the Pokémon was called a Buneary. It seemed to be a normal type Pokémon. Shelby also quickly learned that it didn't seem to threatening, but a Buneary sure was odd to these parts. Ivysaur cried out and tumbled behind Shelby. It still seemed to be frightened from whatever had happened yesterday. Quilava, however, sprang towards the Buneary and was immediately ready to battle.

"Quilava use flame wheel!" Shelby called, digging into the battle already. Quilava nodded and quickly dove at the Buneary with a wall of flame surrounding it. The attack struck the Buneary dead on, even though it attempted to get away. Buneary launched a quick attack in response. The attack hit Quilava on its side, sending him rolling off into the dirt. Shelby clenched her teeth and then said, "Use smokescreen!" Quilava did so, allowing smoke to cover the area they were battling in.

"Neary!" the Buneary called. Shelby told Quilava to use ember. Quilava's ember hit the Buneary, sending it flying out of the smoke and rolling along the path. The Buneary bounced back up, however, ready to go once more. Shelby pointed towards the Buneary as the smoke cleared, and called out another flame wheel attack. Quilava nodded and slammed into the wild Buneary once more. The Buneary cried out, looking very angry. Suddenly it bounced back up and slammed its foot into Quilava's stomach. Shelby cried out, watching Quilava fly into the air and come slamming back down on the hard, dusty road.

"Quilava!" Shelby cried out.

"Lava!" it called back. It stood back up, the flames on its back and head bright. Shelby knew he could still go on. She ordered an ember attack this team, deciding it would be best to stay away from that jump kick attack. The flames spouted out of Quilava's mouth, just barely grazing the Buneary's ear. Shelby frowned and then told Quilava to keep using the attack.

Buneary hopped closer, dodging the flames while it did. Shelby told Quilava to watch out, but it came a second too late. The Buneary had used a quick attack on Quilava, and Shelby somehow knew that a jump kick was coming after that. She then ordered Quilava to dodge. The kick hit Quilava on the side of the head, and Shelby knew that it had hurt him. She also knew that he could keep going though.

"Quilava ready to go?" Shelby asked.

"Lava! Quil lava lava!" Quilava called.

Shelby grinned and nodded. "Then finish it up with headbutt!" Shelby said. Quilava charged at Buneary and slammed its head into the Buneary. The Buneary cried out and fell over. It glanced at Quilava and then ran away.

While they watched it run over the hill, Shelby frowned. That was really…weird, she thought, especially because Buneary don't live in these parts. Then she quickly recalled Ivysaur into the spare pokeball and called Quilava back over. Together they ran the rest of the way towards the road, until they spotted a familiar shape. It was Mijaan, standing at a road block. Shelby frowned, and then walked up to him.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    OOC: I want to post this so Scarecrow1113 can continue.
    If it's short, i apologise. My next post will be loooonger to compensate for it.

Mijaan woke up early as his pokemon were all standing looking around confused. The town seemed to be very quiet, even for that early in the morning.

Having returned his pokemon and climbed down from the pokemon center, Mijaan wandered east along a path, looking for a sign. Eventually he came across a sign that said.
    MT MOON AHEAD! - Prepare for a long walk! - Nurse joy! ^^ x
    Smiling, atleast he was heading in the right direction. Before long however Mij began to run.
    'I'm not sticking around and waiting for the others to catch me!' he thought. 'I'll be the first trainer to reach mount moon! That'll give them something to talk about!'
    Before long, Mijaan tripped over something and flipped in the air, landing on his back.
    "Oof!" He cried out as he lay there. He suddenly saw a brown blur as a pokemon ran off into the distance, leaving behind two small eggs. Light brown in colour, the eggs seemed warm and everynow and then quiet noises could be heard from them.

Mijaan shouted to the fleeing pokemon but it had ran off and didnt look like it was gonig to return. Without knowing what to do he took out his phone and tried to call Oak, who didnt answer. He then called the pewter pokemon center and nurse joy answered.
    "Hello, Nurse joy of pewter pokemon center. How can I help?" She politely answered the call.
    "Nurse joy it's Mijaan. I just saw a brown pokemon running away and it left two brown eggs behind."
    "Brown eggs from a brown pokemon? Well raticate lays purple eggs. Unless it was pidgey.. I-"
    "No" Mijaan interupted her. "I clearly saw it running on two legs but I have no idea what it was. What should I do? I don't want to leave them. But I have no room to carry two eggs!"
    "Wait for someone to pass by.. If nobody comes phone me again and i'll come out and help you. Keep the egg and the pokemon that hatches from it. Make sure to keep it warm!"
    Mijaan thanked her for her help and ended the call, he picked up one of the eggs and held it in his hand.
    'I wonder what you are..' he said as he stared at the egg.
    He turned to face the direction he was heading in, and there was a massive black roadblock. He wouldnt even be able to get past it... 'What the...'
    He stood looking around and eventually he saw shelby heading down the path.
    "Look at this!" he said as he lifted up the other egg and passed it to shelby. She was amazed when he told her it was a pokemon egg. They both stood with their pokemon eggs in their arms staring at the strange looking road block when two shady looking figures leaped from behind it.
    "Give us those eggs kiddos!" One of them said...

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Pallet Town – First day
    An alarm was heard going off; it was Elliot's alarm clock. The use of it, however, was irrelevant; he hadn't slept at all last night, which was in part to do with getting his first Pokemon today. It had been 6 weeks since his parents had disappeared, and he had come to the conclusion he would become a formidable trainer so as to go look for them. He knew they were out there somewhere.

He got up, showered, and dressed.

"Can't forget the hair." He thought. And with that he massaged some gel into his hair, looked at his reflection in the mirror, and gave a faint smile. He walked back to his room and threw his bag on his bed.

"Let's see, some pokeballs, sleeping bag, clothes, dragon book, map, food, toiletries... I think that's everything I need. Oh can't forget my invitation card!" He went over to his desk and took the postcard, on the front showed a picture of the three pokemon he'd be able to choose from, and on the back were directions. He stared at the pokemon on the front a bit longer; he intended to get himself a Charmander. Elliot then stuffed the card in his pocket.

"Elliot, are you up? Elliot? Come get your breakfast!" He heard his aunt call.

He quickly ran towards the kitchen and in the process accidently stubbing his toe on ascending the stairs.

"OW! Ow ow ow ow ow ow." He massaged his pained big toe.

"Slow down boy, you don't want to get a broken bone when your journey is just beginning." His aunt stifled a laugh.

"I'm just really excited that's all." He said, testing his foot on the ground.

"Well be excited after a full meal, I've prepared some eggs and bacon, a good hardy meal for a beginning trainer."

"Thanks!" He ate as quickly to which his aunt did not mind, as she knew he was very excited to get going.

When done he ran to his room (taking care not to stub his foot again) and grabbed his bag. He then brought it to the front door of the house, where his aunt was now waiting.

"Your parents would be proud of you, you know." She smiled as she said this.

He responded by giving a weak smile back.

He put on his favourite blue and black hoodie, his black shoes and opened the door. Then he made his way around the back to grab his bike. He had only received it about two months ago for passing his grade, and the intention he'd use it for his Pokemon journey. He grabbed the black handlebars and wheeled it around front.

"Well..." He started.

"Good luck, be sure to call me once you get to Pewter city, it might be a few days travel depending on how long you take." She commented.

He turned around, got on his bike and began peddling; he gave a quick wave goodbye, and headed to Professor Oak's lab. When he got there, two other new trainers were already there, one looked older
    and much taller, and the other one appeared to be his age.

Dr. Marley stood waiting for the newcomers to arrive.

"I wonder where Professor Oak." He thought. He decided to stand next to the other trainers.

"Prof. Oak has gone missing!" She said worriedly. "And many of the labs pokemon have been stolen overnight!"

"WHAT?!" Elliot exclaimed. Dr. Marley continued as though uninterrupted. "Will this mean I won't get a Charmander?" He thought.

She pulled out a small suitcase of pokeballs and looked at the new trainers.

"Here, I want you to each take a pokemon and look after it for me. It will be your pokemon from now on, but you have to promise me you'll avoid these Dark Trainers."

She handed Elliot a pokeball.

The other boy gave a snide comment, "Sure, I guess if we must do the dirty work for you!" The boy said with a hardy grin on his face.

"Those dark trainers from the TV..." He thought. He looked at the pokeball he received, he just realized he never got a choose which pokemon he wanted, but said nothing of it, as he did not want it to be taken away from him due to greed.

She turned and put her hand on a final suitcase. "Here...I want you each to take one of these too... But these are precious to me. Be very careful with them."

In the case Elliot noticed four eggs, the one boy who complained earlier, decided to take the third egg.

"I'll take the second one," He said, and with that, eagerly took the fourth egg. "I won't let you down." He added stubbornly

"Keep it warm" She says softly as you each take an egg.

She quickly rushed the three of them out of the lab, locking the lab from the outside.

"If you haven't said goodbye to your family, do it now!" she smiled. "Be careful!" She begins to walk away from the lab until eventually getting out of sight.

He stared after her disappearing figure.

"Not even a choice?" Elliot thought, "That's totally not fair."

He decided to walk around to his bike and call out his new pokemon, placing the egg in his bag.
    He threw the pokeball in the air, and out came a Slowpoke.

"Po...?" It said simply.

"Umm... Hi?"

The Slowpoke starred at him blankly.

"I guess I'm gonna be your new trainer." Elliot said with a small hint of regret.

The Slowpoke as though understanding his tone, suddenly turned around the corner and was walking away.

"Hey come back, I didn't mean it that way, it's just..." He didn't finish the sentence but continued another. "Well ok, I'm still going to make your journey with me, worth it! Ready to go?" Elliot smiled.

The Slowpoke nodded and Elliot called him back into the pokeball. He then placed the pokeball in his belt clip. He got on his bike and started peddling towards Viridian city. He did not see where the other trainers had gone.

"I'm going to have to think about a name for him." Elliot thought.

He hadn't peddled that long when someone was calling him.

"Hey you!" A boy yelled.

Elliot confused where the voice was coming from, looked around and having peddled too fast from anticipation had trouble controlling his bike to slow down. He managed to control it, thinking of the egg in his bag.

"Hey!" The voice repeated.

Finally Elliot saw the boy running up to catch up with him. Elliot did not recognize him, though he looked about the same age.

"Are you a trainer?" The boy asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Want to battle one pokemon vs. One?" The boy pressed on.

"Okay, but you're gonna lose big time." Elliot said, recalling the epic battles he saw on TV.

Elliot took out his Slowpoke, and just noticed a paper falling out that had been attached to the pokeball, that he had not noticed before. It read:

This Slowpoke should know:

Tackle

Growl

Water gun

Confusion

"Should?" Elliot thought. "Don't pokedexs usually tell this stuff? I wish I had one."

The boy took out his pokemon and sent out a Ratata.

"Okay are you ready?" Elliot declared to his pokemon. And with that he threw the pokeball in the air, sending out Slowpoke.

Without any other formality, the boy called out to his pokemon.

"Scratchy use bite." Immediately the Ratata ran towards Slowpoke, who appeared oblivious.

"We'll show him, Slowpoke tackle that Ratata!"

Slowpoke remained motionless.

"Come on! Tackle Ratata now!" Elliot yelled.

Too late, the Ratata already bit Slowpoke's tail. Elliot expected the slowpoke to yell in pain, but instead he stood there still. It was only after a few seconds when Slowpoke responded.

"Po..." Slowpoke said in a voice that only seemed to just realize his current predicament, he wagged his tail in different directions, finally releasing Ratata from his bite. The Ratata landed feet on the ground a few feet away.

"Scratchy bite him again!" The trained yelled in a triumphant voice. The boy and its Rata were gaining confidence.

"Come on, tackle him this time." Elliot said almost in a resigned voice.

As Ratata was running up for a second bite, Slowpoke turned around and used confusion; the attack hit Ratata square on its forehead. Ratata writhed in pain, and then started running around in a state of confusion.

"Ummm okay," Elliot said "I guess that works too, ok, tackle it now."

This time responding to his direction, Slowpoke tackled the sleeping Ratata and sent him flying back to his trainer.

"Okay, play time is over, Scratchy, snap out of it and use hyper fang." The boy yelled, throwing his fist up in the air.

Ratata was running wildly and fast towards Slowpoke, with its mouth open, its teeth almost gleaming in the sunlight.

"Dodge it and use-"

But it was too late; even in the state of confusion this Ratata was fast, and still managed to have its move land once again on Slowpoke's tail. This time Slowpoke didn't wait for the pain to come and sat on top of Ratata's face, at this point it appeared that Ratata was now more
    mercilessly confused as a result of being squashed. When Slowpoke felt the pain, he retaliated. He turned around, and as though attempting to teach the Ratata a lesson, gave a full blast of the water gun at Ratata, rendering Ratata unable to battle. Slowpoke was panting now, continually starring at the downed Ratata.

"That's no fair! You're pokemon hardly even listened to you." The boy complained, while recalling his own pokemon.

Elliot just starred in shock at his new pokemon.

Slowpoke walked back to Elliot. "Po..." It said simply.

"Yeah we'll have to work on teamwork and strategy, just like they do on TV." He said smiling at his Slowpoke.

Without warning however, the trainer passed by him and took his bike.

"I might have lost, but thanks for the reward." He said, while peddling off in the direction of
    Viridian city.

"HEY!" Elliot yelled. "That's mine."

"Not anymore!"The boy called back, and soon was off in the distance.

"Well at least I have my bag with me..." He thought.

Elliot walked a few metres, turned around and called to his pokemon.

"That was a great first show; even though we didn't really work together, we can improve on that, ready to go?"

"Po..." It responded. And with that Elliot put Slowpoke back into his pokeball and walked towards Viridian City.

"I think we'll have something to eat soon." Elliot said.

This reminded Elliot at once what else was in the bag, he immediately took out the egg, it was cool. He recalled Dr. Marely's words, "Be very careful with them.". He resolved to keep it out where he can keep an eye on it, and keep it warm. So he had it in his arms

He travelled on the path for a few hours.

"If I had my bike," He thought. "I'd be in Viridian city by now."

By now the sun was beating down on him, he had missed lunch in all his excitement, but found a nice shaded tree to sit under. He sat down, put the egg down in front of him, and took out his food, including some pokemon food he brought. He called out Slowpoke, and Elliot gave him some pokemon food, while he ate some food of his own.

"You need a name." Elliot said. He recalled some of his education. "How about Lentus? Its Latin for 'slow'."

Slowpoke looked up at him, then back at his food, and kept eating.

Elliot was laughing, "Lentus it is then." He said trying not to hyperventilate from laughter.

Carrying the egg in a large pocket in his jacket, Elliot decided to keep Lentus out of his pokeball when continuing on their journey back on the path to Viridian; however Lentus' pace was not all that fast.

"Come on walk faster." Elliot said somewhat impatiently.

Before long Elliot began to notice that the sun was reaching its apex. He looked around for a good patch to take another rest. About 200 metres away, he spotted a clearing.

"Let's go over there," Elliot pointed.

When they got to the clearing, Elliot took out his sleeping bag for something to sit on, and pulled out his last sandwich that his aunt had packed him. He gave some more pokemon food to Lentus who ate it happily.
    He also placed his egg on his bag, so it wouldn't roll away.

"If only I had a Charmander," He thought. "Then we could have a fire."

Quite suddenly a pokemon appeared on the clearing, it was a Pidgey

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking Lentus?" Elliot turned around and looked at Lentus. "Use watergun on it now, before it suspects anything!"

Lentus instead, used confusion, nonetheless, it was a direct hit. The pidgey responded by attempting to do a sand-attack, however in its confusion missed and hurt itself.

"Tackle it now!" Elliot cried.

This time it appeared Lentus was listening to Elliot. Lentus ran towards the Pidgey and just as he was about to tackle it, Pidgey snapped out of its confusion and sent a gust towards Lentus. It hit, and he went flying in the air.

"Come on, use water gun!"

Flying through the air still, Lentus gained its senses and aimed a water gun at Pidgey. Pidgey attempted to buff the attack with a sand-attack to counter, but was still hit by some of the water gun. It was slowing down.

Lentus landed on his bottom, though didn`t appear to react from the landing. While sitting there it used Confusion, but it missed. Pidgey went in for a second attack, it was preparing a gust as it was approaching Lentus. Lentus continued to sit there and shot out another watergun, just as Pidgey sent out its gust attack. The two moves collided causing a small explosion, sending both Pokemon back a few feet. Pidgey didn`t look like it wanted to fight anymore as Lentus just managed to sit back up again rubbing its head.

Elliot decided to throw a pokeball, the Pidgey was absorbed and the pokeball fell to the ground and began to wobble.

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content)

Feign
    the pokeball shakes on the ground.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Where to go, what to do? Honestly, all I know is that I need to go up Route One to Viridian City. But what in god's name should I do first? I have Hypnotic who is always so happy, but I don't mind that at all. Should I try to go catch a Pokémon so I can use it in future battles, or do I try to raise up Hypnotic so I actually have a chance to do some damage? I just don't know what to do with myself!

Jake started towards Route One, still nowhere near confident of his decision. The route was wide open, painted with green trees, a dusty, worn-in path, and stretched for a long way. Although it seemed intimidating for a new trainer, Jake knew that he could indeed handle himself and Hypnotic.

I suppose I'll expand my team a bit first. Generally, quality is better than quantity. With me, however, I can get both easily! Why would anyone been surprised by that anyways? I mean I AM Jake Samuels for crying out loud!

Jake wandered into the luscious tall grass, searching for a Pokémon to catch. Perhaps it could help keep his egg warmer as well? Continuing on into the grass wasn't too hard of a trek, what was difficult was actually spotting a Pokémon anywhere in sight!

Seriously, it has been twenty minutes, and not a single Pokémon has showed its face! What in god's name gives!?!? Seriously, why would my dad send me out here if there is nothing to be seen!?!

Jake was getting angry, filled with passion, and about ready to explode with fury. Before that threshold was reached, however, a tiny purple Pokémon appeared out of the grass!

"Finally!" Jake shouted with excitement, although holding caution to make sure he didn't scare it away. He held up his Pokédex to figure out what it was.

"Nidoran, the Poison Pin Pokémon. It scans its surroundings by raising its ears out of the grass. Its toxic horn is for protection."

Well, a Poison type Pokémon eh? Well, it could be a very useful addition to my team, so why not try to capture it?

"Come on out Hypnotic, I want to see what you can do," Jake said calmly.

Hypnotic the Poliwag appeared from his Pokéball in a shining white light.

"Poli Poli Wag!!" Hypnotic said excitedly, as it danced around. His focus didn't appear to be on the matter at hand.

"Hypnotic, pay attention already!"

"Poli."

Alright, it knows Bubble, Doubleslap, Pound, and Water Gun. I know for a fact that Bubble has the ability to slow a Pokémon down, so I should use that to my advantage with this attempt.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    "Alright Hypnotic, use your Bubble attack directly at that Nidoran!" Jake ordered out.

A Bubble attack seemed exactly like what it was called…a bunch of bubbles appeared from Hypnotics mouth at medium speed in Nidoran's direction. Nidoran just sat there, and didn't even budge. It sat there and took the shot head on. The attack didn't even budge him!

Clearly, that didn't do much, but at least it slowe-

Jake looked up and saw that Nidoran was circling around Hypnotic at a high speed.

I guess not…this can't be good for me.

The Nidoran drew his head back, and charged at Hypnotic with a fierce Horn Attack.

"Dodge it Hypnotic!"

Hypnotic attempted to dodge it, but Nidoran hit head on, and it had some fierce power.

If this Pokémon is at such a low level, why the heck does it do so much damage to me? I guess I'll pull out the Pokédex one more time.

"One of Nidoran's abilities is Rivalry. If the Pokémon is of the same gender as the Pokémon with the Rivalry ability's attack power is increased. If the holder is of the opposite gender of its opponent, its attack power is lowered."

That would explain it, they are both males! I have to be careful here.

"Hypnotic, you need to stay as far away as possible! Fire a Water Gun at it!"

Hypnotic's Water Gun attack was much faster than his Bubble attack. A solid, powerful stream of water flew over at Nidoran, and it had a direct hit. Nidoran flew backwards into a tree, but it stood right back up. It is a tenacious fighter.

Nidoran started to circle around Hypnotic again, but this time, Jake knew what he thought was coming.

"Get ready to dodge another Horn Attack Hypnotic!"

"Poli Poli!"

This time, however, the Nidoran shot tiny purple needles towards Hypnotic: a Poison Sting attack!

"DODGE THAT NOW!!!" Jake yelled out to Hypnotic. "Shoot a Water Gun at the ground to propel yourself upwards!"

Hypnotic's steady flow of water was shot at the ground, and it was launched straight into the air. However, Nidoran didn't stop firing in his straight path: It knew simple physics apparently. What goes up, must always come down.

Hypnotic landed directly in the middle of the blasts, and it fell to the ground quickly. Nidoran took a pause and stood still.

"While it isn't moving, charge in and use Doubleslap attack on him!"

Hypnotic charged in happily at Nidoran. It took his little hands and started slapping it repeatedly. Once. Twice. Three Times. Four Times! Directly into a tree! It was a very successful Doubleslap, and Nidoran was starting to take a toll. Sadly though, Nidoran clearly had an idea: It used the force from the Doubleslap to bounce back off the tree with a powerful Horn Attack!

"Quick, Hypnotic, use Water Gun to shoot it away!"

Hypnotic tried to muster a Water Gun attack in time, but the effort was in vain: It got a few sprinkles off before contact was made, barely leaving any damage to be done.

"Please, get up Hypnotic, I know you have it in you!"

Hypnotic mustered the rest of its strength to stand back up: All it had left was one more attack.

I have an idea!!!

Nidoran started to charge up another Horn Attack, although it was obvious it was in a lot of pain as well. One more hit would take out either Pokémon! It charged in towards Hypnotic, but that was exactly what Jake wanted.

Just a little bit closer…

"NOW!! USE POUND ATTACK!!!" Jake screamed.

Hypnotic understood. It waited until the last moment, and use his Pound attack directly into the gut of the Nidoran. It laid on the ground, knocked out cold.

Let's do this!

Jake threw is Pokéball at the Nidoran like he was pitching at a baseball game: Winded up, and threw it as fast as he could. It landed a direct hit on Nidoran.

It started shaking on the ground…

(OoC: Dear lord, 4 pages and a little in Word >.<)

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content)

Jake
    The pokeball begins to shake...
    Spoiler:

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years
    Hiro opened his eyes, got out of bed and got dressed, he spent the night at the pokemon after yesterdays defeat at the hands of Nathan. He went downstairs to see Nurse Joy.

"Good morning, your pokemon are all healed, here they are," says Nurse Joy as she hands Hiro his pokemon.

He thanks Nurse Joy and walks outside, Today Hiro has decided to do some training in the Viridian Forest for his rematch against Nathan. Hiro is almost out of Virirdian city when he sees something up ahead, it's a group of people dressed in black, in front of them , he sees a group of Murkrow attacking something. Hiro hides in some bushes and moves closer to try and understand the situation a little better.

Man in black says," stupid pokemon, how dare you try and attack us, do you see now what a mistake that was!"

Women in black says," yeah, so what if we're in your territory, its our territory now, got it!"

Hiro looks ahead and sees a pact of Murkrow pecking at a Scyther, Hiro knows he has to help, he quickly comes up with a plan. The people in black contuinue to talk when all o the sudden…

"Bellsprout, Stun spore," Hiro says as he jumps from the bushes with a stick and starts to whack away on the Murkrow.

The people shout" what's going on, who is that, get him!"

Hiro then grabs the Scyther and runs back into the brushes. Meanwhile, Bellsprout jumps up into the air and releases stun spore, the people in back begin to fall and are complaining that they cant move, the Murkrow have also fallen cause they are also paralyzed.

Hiro says, "Good work Bellsprout!"

He recalls Bellsprout and looks at the Scyther who seems to have fainted. Hiro rushes back to the pokemon center.

"Nurse Joy, I have a Scyther here in rough shape!"

Hiro shouts as he enters the pokemon center, Nurse Joy rushes out the back with her Chansey pushing a stretcher. Hiro gently lies the Scyther down and says she'll take it from here. Hiro, not forgetting those people dressed in black, rushes back outside, he is hurrying back to where he left those people dressed in black, but then hears a familiar Voice.

"So we're surrounded, this isn't good, how did we not notice this!"

It's Nathan, and he's talking to Officer Jenny. Hiro stops and goes over to them to see what's going on.

"Hey you're the trainer from yesterday, what's the matter?" asked Nathan, Hiro explained to Nathan what had happened to him.

Nathan replies, "I see, so they're blocking the path to the Viridian Forest, and injuring innocent pokemon as well, what are the dark pokemon trainers trying to accomplish by locking us here?" Hiro then realizes that those people from earlier were the dark pokemon trainers he heard so much about.

"Officer Jenny says," well I'm going to see what I can do, they just seem to be preventing us from going anywhere, I'm going to go check around, see if anything is out of the ordinary!"

Officer Jenny gets on her motorcycle and drives away. Nathan tells Hiro that the dark pokemon trainers don't seem to be attacking anyone, and that he'll survey the town, Hiro goes back to the pokemon center and when he enters…

"Murkrow, peck attack, NOW!"

It's one the dark pokemon trainers from before, they must've escaped the stun spore and followed Hiro to the pokemon center. Hiro looks over and sees Murkrow, its battling something, it's the Scyther from earlier, it doesn't seem to be handling to well, it's still too weak to battle, the Scyther looks over at Hiro, it seems to remember him. Hiro thinks quickly and the only thing he can think of that could help Scyhter at the moment is to catch it, so Hiro tosses a pokeball and Scyther is engulfed inside it.

The dark pokemon trainer says, "What's going on here?"

The ball shakes…

Last edited:

Fear_the_Lapras

Normal/Ice Type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    "Strange…" Farran muttered to himself. "I feel like I'm forgetting something…"

The day was still quite sunny, and Farran had just left Pallet Town with Orion and a Pokemon egg in tow, heading for Viridian City. It was great weather, his muscle aches had pretty much disappeared, and he felt good to be on the road. But something was bugging him. What was it?

"Do you know?" Farran turned his head to ask the Zigzagoon, Orion, curled about his shoulders. Orion merely cocked his head questioningly and licked Farran's nose. He chuckled at Orion's antics. "I guess not."

After walking for about half an hour, Farran began to feel tired and decided to rest a bit in the shade of a tall tree. With his back against the trunk, he opened his backpack and checked the contents. Of course, the first thing he saw was the Pokemon egg, safely tucked inside the main pocket. To his surprise, it had turned a light brown color, with a small pink dot.

That's odd… when did it get this way? Farran wondered. Even Orion seemed surprised; he rolled off his shoulders and inspected the egg, smelling it and pawing it lightly.

"I heard that Pokemon eggs hatch faster when they're warmed," Farran said to himself. He picked up the egg carefully. Sure enough, it was warm, but it wasn't moving at all. "Maybe if I hold it, it will warm up." At that, Farran, took the egg in his arms and hugged it, loose enough so it wouldn't break, but tight enough so that his warmth got through to it.

He closed his eyes and cleared his mind, preparing himself for meditation; it was something that allowed him to calm his mind. With all that happened lately, he needed time to think. As he settled himself to rest, he felt his arms become heavy with fur. Opening one eye, he noticed that Orion had settled on his arms as well, curling up to rest and simultaneously adding his warmth to the egg. The sight was so odd that Farran had to chuckle, for Orion looked like a large furry hen to him.

It was peace… at least it was until something small dropped from above and bounced off his head.

"What the…?!" Farran jolted awake. Orion jumped up as well, leaping off his arms and growling at a new threat. Careful not to drop the egg, Farran stood up to see what was going on. Orion stood in front of Farran, facing what he saw now as a small Pokemon, a Rattata.

Something clicked in his head.

"That's what I was forgetting!" Farran slapped his forehead. If he was to be a Pokemon Trainer, he had to know his Pokemon's moves for battle. Luckily for him (or not), he didn't have a Pokedex, so he had no idea what moves Orion had. Well, he did sorta remember Pokemon moves from school, so he decided to wing it. Putting back the egg into the backpack, he joined Orion's side. "Ready?" he called to his partner. "This'll be our first battle. You up for this?"

"OON!!!" Orion barked in assent. Farran grinned and turned towards the Rattata. "All right, let's do this!" He whipped his hand out and pointed at the opponent. "Tackle!"

With a bark, Orion leapt and rushed at the Rattata. To his amazement, the Pokemon dodged, but still suffered a small hit. Looking quite angry now, the Rattata bared its fangs and charged at Orion.

"Dodge it, Orion!" Hearing the command, Orion crouched and sprang out of the way. The Rattata ran past him, but skidded to a halt and faced Orion once more, fangs bared. He's about to charge again… Farran thought. Well how about this?

"Growl!" Orion opened his mouth and let out an intimidating bark. The enemy Rattata faltered for a second, unsure what to do, but soon stood strong again. Its leg muscles tensed up, and it leapt for Orion the next second.

"Well that didn't work." Farran's thoughts raced through his head, trying to remember what a Zigzagoon could learn. "Aha! Sand Attack, Orion!"

While the Rattata was still in midair, Orion dug his paws into the dirt and heaved up a cloud of debris. The Rattata took the full brunt of the attack, because it couldn't dodge in the air, and crashed to the cround squeaking and rubbing its eyes. Farran smiled. Now was his chance to weaken it!

"Er, lemme see…" Farran thought quickly. "How about this… Pin Missile!" Orion tensed up his body and… nothing happened. He looked back at Farran, confused.

"Oops, he doesn't know that yet." Farran slapped his head in frustration. When he looked up, the Rattata was clearing the last of the sand from its eyes and was preparing for an attack. If he didn't act now, Orion would get hurt badly. "C'mon, think!" He was starting to get irritated at his lack of knowledge.

Suddenly, he heard a strange song in his head… the same song that he heard before washing up in Pallet Town. It was serene and soothing, and it cleared Farran's mind of anger. He knew what to do.

The Rattata, clearly furious now, rushed headlong to attack Orion. Farran called to his partner. "Let it get closer…" The Pokemon were mere inches away from each other now.

"Now!" Farran shouted. "Headbutt!" Orion responded by lowering his head and springing up to meet the Rattata's charge. The two Pokemon collided heads and collapsed in a cloud of dust.

When it settled, Orion was standing triumphantly over the Rattata, who was still slightly conscious but twitching. "All right!" Farran crowed. Then he remembered something again. After you weaken a Pokemon, you can catch it. Did he have any Pokeballs with him? While the Rattata was still groggy, he searched through the pockets of his backpack and found a couple of Pokeballs. "Heh… those townsfolk back in Pallet are really nice," he said quietly. He took one, and stood to face the weakened Rattata.

"Here I go!" Farran tossed it at the Rattata, and in a burst of white light, the Pokemon was inside. It started to shake…

Last edited:

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    Nova woke early the next day, and ran through the morning preparations. 'Today…I think I will give Gyarados some proper training, providing she will listen, of course.' He walked to the front desk, and once again, retrieved his pokemon. 'Gyarados, and Machoke…They did great at the gym and seem really strong, but Houndour…I need to train him some more too', Nova analyzed his pokemon. The sun was still below the horizon, and it was likely it would stay that way for a while. Nova was determined to get a full day of training in today for the competition, he wasn't going to allow time to fly by today.

Waking to the outskirts of Pewter City, Nova released his pokemon. Gyarados shattered the quiet morning with a roar, and moved over to a pool of water, it was surprisingly deep, for she was able to swim in it easily. Machoke stretched his large muscles, then pumped his arm, ready for training. Houndour gave his usual greeting, and Nova began formulating a training plan. Gyarados, in the mean time, was busying herself with launching jets of water into the ground, not only stamping the ground down, but creating more space to swim in. Machoke yawned softly, then turned to Houndour, and began speaking in a relaxed manner. Houndour , who hadn't seen Machoke after he evolved, began grinning after realizing his friend had gotten stronger.
    'Let's see…Gyarados looks to have temper problems, We'll have to work that out of her system. Machoke can work on his attack dodge. Houndour…Hm, definitely need to work on his strength, maybe that Fire Blast TM will help some…', Nova pondered. Hearing a deafening blast, Nova looked over in the direction it came from, and discovered a bunch of dust had been kicked up, and when it cleared, the pool of water was much larger then it had been at first. It looked like Gyarados was quite proud of her strength.
    "Hey Gyarados! You are definitely strong, It will be fun having you around, I believe!", Nova grinned as he said the last part. She gave an angry roar, then resumed her assault on the earth. As the earth was blasted into the air once more, a surprised cry could be heard this time. "Hey, Hey! Hold up, I don't wanna die yet!"

The voice was all too familiar, and out of the trees came Lucien. Scratching his head sheepishly, he walked over to the group.
    "Hey Nova. How have you been since yesterday?", Lucien asked, trying to change the subject.
    "Hmm…you were following me weren't you", Nova asked, ignoring the question. Lucien shook his head.
    He explained, "You see, I don't really think that it'll be too much fun to travel around by myself. I mean I have my pokemon, but it isn't really the same. And I also notice that you seem to be a pretty good trainer. I also happen to think we get along well, and you seem like a fun person to travel with, is what I'm saying basically. Would you mind if I tagged along?", his reasons seemed pretty solid to Nova, but he couldn't quite agree with Lucien about the good trainer part. He had a ways to go before he got to that status. Still, why deny the praise?
    Nova looked over Lucien, he had medium-length, red hair, tied in a pony tail, a white jacket, a pair of dark green shorts, and some gray shoes as well. Nova had to admit, he looked like he was dressed for comfort more then for traveling. Nova thought it would be a good idea to have him around.

"Hmm…I don't see why not! Yeah, that would be fun to travel with someone.", Nova liked the idea of having someone around to talk to. Lucien gave a jump for joy, then, "So, your Machop evolved, huh? And a Gyarados! Wow…you have some impressive pokemon!", Nova grinned at the mention of his evolved friends.

"How about you show off your pokemon, in a battle?", Nova replied. Gyarados and Houndour both cast their gaze on the two trainers, hearing that a battle was afoot. Lucien was looking pressured by the three, and accepted shortly. "Let's do a 2 vs. 2 battle!", Lucien said, "Diglett, and Chimchar, get out here!"
    Nova grinned then ordered Gyarados and Houndour to fight. Gyarados roared with excitement, Houndour followed suit. Scanning the new arrival, Chimchar, Nova smirked. He realized that his side had the advantage, and quickly proved it with a water gun from Gyarados. Gyarados was pleased to get the first order of the battle, and let loose a torrent of water from her mouth, and Chimchar was struck by the water, unable to move from its spot, still intimidated by Gyarados.

"Chimchar! Argh, Diglett use rock throw on Gyarados!", Lucien ordered.

"Not gonna work, Lucien! Houndour, use Tackle on Chimchar!", Nova grinned. Houndour gave a delighted bark, then dashed to the small monkey. Chimchar, however, was faster then expected, and sprang away into the trees, long before Houndour even arrived at his previous position. Diglett, in this time, had launched several large stones at Nova's water-dragon. 'Those look a bit bigger then they were last time…has Diglett gotten stronger?', Nova asked himself. The rocks smashed into Gyarados's side, although only causing minor damage, it had angered her. She roared viciously, and orange energy began forming in her mouth; a Dragon Rage was evident. Launching the powerful attack, she roared once more, reveling in the destruction it would cause. Dragon Rage rocketed towards Diglett, and Lucien called out to Diglett. Nova couldn't hear what he said, but Diglett decided to burrow underground, going straight under the attack! As if that wasn't a bad enough surprise, before surfacing, A light shone through the earth, and when Diglett resurfaced, it was no longer a Diglett. "TRIO!"

Nova and Machoke looked at the ground type in surprise, 'It seems to be quite a week for evolving…', Nova thought.
    "Alright! How do you like them apples, Nova? You aren't the only one who can evolve his pokemon! Dugtrio, use Rock Throw again!", Lucien said smugly. Dugtrio turned its three heads towards Gyarados and hurled larger stones then before at her. Gyarados knew that this attack wouldn't be simply brushed off, and braced herself for the attack. Gyarados took the attack bravely, but was showing a bit of fatigue after standing through the attack.
    "Gyarados, good job holding up! Water Gun!", Nova commanded. Gyarados was only too happy to oblige, and furiously shot out the stream again. Dugtrio dodged underground, although Nova had expected this, and ordered a Dragon Rage right where Dugtrio dug into.
    "GYAR!", Lucien cringed slightly at the intense roar, and watched as his pokemon was hit by Dragon Rage.
    Dugtrio surfaced, fainted. Gyarados gave a victory roar, then another.

Houndour in the meantime, was having little to no luck getting to the little Chimchar in the trees above his head. The monkey jumped down finally, and slammed his fist into Houndour for a super-effective Mach Punch! Chimchar was panting heavily from the Water Gun earlier, and seemed like it could fall after another attack. Houndour was sent backwards from the force of the attack, although it seemed that it didn't take too much out of him. He was about to give the little Chimchar an ember, when Gyarados roared again. She was getting too pumped up by her victory, and was letting anger take control.
    "Gyarados! Take a break!", Nova pulled her pokeball from his belt, and withdrew her to the pokeball. "Lucien, Houndour, let's stop for now. I'm up for a break", Nova said as he walked over to Houndour with Machoke.
    "Houndour, here take this. It'll help you out.", Nova said, handing Houndour the Fire Blast TM. He focused on the small orb, then looked up at Nova with a fiery look in his eye. As the orb lost its' color, Nova knew that it had worked. Houndour knew Fire Blast now. Patting him on the head, Nova continued on to Lucien.

"Come on! You gave up, didn't you? You were scared of my Chimchar and my Dugtrio, weren't you!?", Lucien was angered by the battle's end. Lucien walked over to Nova with Chimchar following behind. Throwing three pokeballs into the air, Luciens' team was revealed to Nova. Kirlia, Dugtrio, and a new one; Jigglypuff. Upon seeing the rest of his friends, Chimchar bounded over to them, and began chatting happily to them as Lucien administered a Potion to the injured Dugtrio. Nova sat down at the water's edge, and began reviewing his pokemon through the pokedex again.

From a distance, a set of eyes watched the events unfold…

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Elliot watched as 'his' Pidgey flew away.

"Hey! You can't fly away! I caught you!" Elliot said futilely. "Come on, come back!"

Elliot was being stubborn again, it didn't seem he could take a loss, even if it was a small beginner's one. He looked at Lentus.

"We tried. Maybe we can do better next time?"

"Po...?" It seemed Lentus was catching on.

Elliot recalled Lentus back to its pokeball. He gathered his things and put them in his bag. He picked up his egg, and nearly dropped it in surprise. It had changed colour, a tint of orange, and was also slightly warmer. He figured he was doing the right thing then, by keeping it warm, and not having left it in his bag. He put it back in his hoodie pocket. As he walked back towards the path, he noticed something glinting on the ground, he picked it up and looked at it more closely; it read: TM Flamethrower.

"I remember my teacher talking about TMs and their use in teaching Pokemon moves." Elliot contemplated.

He bagged the TM, careful not to lose it. He finally reached the path again, and continued heading towards Viridian city. The day was still very pleasant, the sun was out, and there was still a good portion of the day for exploring and meeting new pokemon.

"I wonder why it's completely deserted here," Elliot wondered. "I'd have thought I would have met someone by now."

He continued walking for about an hour, when he saw something strange up ahead, on the side of the road. Elliot ran closer to find out what it was. What he saw surprised him, it was a Pikachu readying an attack... on a human? It was the boy he had fought earlier and had his bike stolen from. He appeared to be scared; for good reason too, as Pikachu was about to give him a big jolt.

Elliot ran up and interrupted the battle; whilst doing so, he quickly noticed that Pikachu's tail stuck out in an interesting direction. The Pikachu stopped charging up an attack and looked up at Elliot.

"Hey what's happening here?" Elliot exclaimed.

"That crazy Pikachu attacked me when I was riding the bike." The boy pointed at a charred mess that used to be a bike. "And look what it did."

Elliot smiled, "Better that you don't get it anyway."

He bent down and decided to take a closer look at Pikachu's tail, it acted somewhat apprehensive, but did not retaliate. Elliot noticed a faint tire track on a portion of its tail. Elliot quickly stood up.

"You ran over its tail?" Elliot yelled.

"So... It got in my way, and I wanted to have some fun, who cares." The boy said.

"Wait what?! That's just cruel. You know what; just get out of here now. Go! Elliot yelled again.

Understanding what Elliot was yelling about, Pikachu readied another lightning attack. The boy didn't seem to want to stick around, just to get electrocuted, so he ran back towards Pallet town.

Elliot sighed, knelt, making himself level with Pikachu. The bent tail looked painful.

"Pi..." It said in a resolute manner.

"You know, I can help, I can take you to a Pokemon Centre, we're probably not that far from Viridian City now, and maybe you can join me in my journey." Elliot said anxiously.

The Pikachu looked up at him.

"Chuu!" It cried. It looked as though it was preparing an attack.

"Hey, hey fine, I'm sorry." Elliot said as he stood up, thinking it clear that Pikachu did not want to come along.

Pikachu looked up at the now tall figure and repeated what it had just done before.

"Chuu!" It cried, charging for an attack again; this time walking towards Elliot.

"Wait a sec; you want to battle this one out? And if I win you'll come with me?"

"Pi..." It said, finally getting its point across.

"Pokemon can be strange sometimes." He thought.

"Okay, well here we go, come on out Lentus, we'll give it another try!"

He threw the pokeball in the air, and out came Lentus, he appeared to be dozing off however.

"Lentus! Come on, it's time for a battle!" Elliot cried out, desperate for his lazy pokemon to wake up. "Man... I remember in class that Lightning is good against water, this battle might turn out to be an easy win for Pikachu." He thought.

Pikachu had already started its assault. It decided to tackle the sleeping Lentus. The strike was true, sending Lentus a few feet from where he originally started. However, this seemed to have woken Lentus up.

"Lentus are you ready to battle now? You're fighting a Pikachu... Just- Just don't use water gun, and we might win."

Lentus did not seem to realize he was in a battle; Pikachu was now using quick attack.

Elliot chuckled to himself; there was almost no need to use a quick attack on a slow pokemon. This suddenly gave him a great idea. He was reminded of it when he was in science class.

"Perhaps I can use Pikachu's speed against itself." Elliot thought.

"Quick, Lentus" Elliot shouted. "Spin around on the spot." Elliot made circles with his finger in mid air to help get his point across.

The Pikachu made contact with the side of Lentos' tail, just as Lentos was turning around, the sweeping momentum sending Pikachu flying. It partially landed on its tail, causing it some pain; however, it did not hesitate to begin its next attack, it was charging up for thundershock.

"Dodge, dodge dodge!" Elliot yelled at Lentos.

Too late, the thundershock burst out, only that the direction of the thundershock wasn't anywhere near Lentus' direction. Elliot was completely surprised.

"How could it miss?" He thought. Then he recalled Pikachu's tail, perhaps it being bent also affects aim. "Well if I want to help it, I might as well win."

The Pikachu looked frantic now, realizing that its electric attacks were pretty fruitless.

"Lentus use confusion!" Elliot yelled.

This time Lentus complied and used confusion, it came into direct contact of Pikachu, who immediately became confused. The Pikachu attempted to retaliate , it walked around tripping over itself, and sent out wild thundershocks in the open air.

"Aim and now balance?" Elliot thought. "That's one formidable [read stubborn :P] Pikachu."

"Lentus, tackle it now!" Elliot cried out.

Lentus complied, and hit Pikachu no problem, however, it appeared that Lentus was hit by one of Pikachu's thundershocks, now sending the both of them flying. However the Pikachu was now worse for wear, it was slowing down its thundershock intervals, and was becoming a lot more tired from fighting. Elliot was glad he had fed Lentos earlier; the energy appeared to come in handy.

"Okay Lentos use confusion once more!"

This time however, Lentos used water gun. As soon as he saw Lentos use it, Elliot could feel as though time was slowing down, surely this would be what Pikachu would need to win.

Pikachu quickly responded and with what little aim it had, directed the thundershocks towards the water, which was easily conducted, connecting with Slowpoke. Slowpoke did not seem to realize this yet, however, and continued. Even Pikachu continued (though it seemed for extra measure). The resultant attack sent Lentos flying, and Pikachu keeled over breathing heavily unable to now stand.

Elliot decided that now was the best time to catch it, he threw his pokeball, and it absorbed Pikachu. It hit the ground, and began to wobble.

ピクシー

c l ef a b l e -
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2009
    Lily woke up the following morning, she had managed to grab a bed in the Pokémon Centre. She quickly pulled the covers back over the bed, the least she could was to make the bed tidy.

"Excuse me, is anyone in this room?" A voice enquired, Lily lifted her head up from plumping up the pillows.

"Y-yes, there is. May I help you?" Lily called out in reply, padding across the carpeted room and opening the door. Behind it stood a small girl, no more than 11 or 12 surely, sure had long pink hair; surely she was a relation to Nurse Joy who operated this Pokémon Centre.

"Sorry for disturbing you so early, I just felt you should know that the alert from the news yesterday still remains in place. So please take care when you plan to leave the Pokémon centre." Came the quiet voice of the young girl, "My name is Rose and he Nurse Joy of this Centre is my Aunt. If you need anything before you depart please let me know."

Lily nodded , stretched out her arms and let out a long yawn. She watched as Rose turned and left her room. Lily looked at the Pokeball resting on the side table next to her bed. She couldn't help but to smile at herself. This was her first Pokémon, all of her very own!

"Pii, come on out honey!" Lily spoke to no one in particular as she threw the Pokeball to the floor and watched her companion appear, "aw, you're so cute. How are you feeling?"

Pii looked up at it's trainer with kind eyes, it tilted its head and let out a small cry. It was a happy cry, to show that she was content, this pleased Lily immensely. Her hand touched the top of the Cleffa's fur; she petted it slightly as Pii let out more cries of happiness.

Lily turned at looked at the bed she had been sleeping in, it had been incredibly comfy and this became obvious when she saw what a state it was in. Rather than leaving the Centre staff to clean up after her, Lily decided to do it herself. Putting the pillows back at the head of the bed she sighed, sitting back on the bed she realised that she was starting to feel homesick. Finishing tidying the room Lily returned Pii to her Pokeball .

'I better head out' Lily thought to herself picking up her rucksack and her Pokémon, leaving the building she followed the well trodden path that would lead her to Viridian City. Thinking about her Cleffa she wondered what it would be like in a battle; 'Pii seems really delicate, I wonder if it can hold up in a battle. I could start training on Route 1 on the way to the next town. I believe that the Pokémon on that route are just about the right level to help her gain the needed experience. I'll try that'

Lily started to make her way down the pathway; she looked in amazement as Pokémon went on with their daily lives around her. It was if they had seen many a trainer pass this way in the past so they held no fear. She held her bag close to her body knowing that people with less-than-perfect intentions had been spotted in Kanto recently, Lily was not going to risk everything on it.

Beside her a bush rattled, thinking it was one of the criminals after her Lily grabbed her bag and Pokeball closer to her body. Trying to sidestep away quietly so she would not be noticed Lily found out it was not a person at all.

"Aaa what is that! A Pokémon!" Lily exclaimed to herself, pointing her Pokedex at the creature that had jumped out of the bush. "A very cautious Pokémon, it raises itself up using its tail to get a better view of its surroundings." The Pokedex rattled off.

The Sentret looked at Lily with cautious eyes, either it was trying to be friendly or defend its territory, she could not tell. Seeing no other way, Lily decided to test her Pii's ability in battle.

"Pii, come out! This should be easy." Throwing the pokeball to the floor, Pii came out at once, "Erm, let's see here, if I remember correctly…oh yes, that's correct."

While Lily had been stalling, the Sentret had walked up to her partner Pokemon and seemed to be having a conversation with it. Lily wished immensely that she could understand what the two were saying to each other.

"Pii, tackle it!"

Pii blinked a few times but obeyed the order, tackling the surprised Sentret to the ground they both fell in the dust. Lily was mistaken thinking that this would be an easy win for her, the Sentret retaliated with scratching Pii's face. Squealing, the Cleffa ran out of the dust and clung to Lily's leg, not wanting to battle further.

"Oh dear, this is not good! Pii Metronome!"

Before the attack could be carried out, the Sentret let out another Scratch on Pii. Crying out Pii ran back into the dust being chased by her opponent. Finally Metronome kicked off and it came out as Bubble, which hit on target. Both Pokemon looked exhausted, Lily searched around in her bag and found what she was looking for.

"Pokeball go!" Lily through the Pokeball at the weakened Sentret. It was scooped up into the ball, it fell to the floor…

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews .. Plenty to review too!
    (Click Show Content)

Jake
    Spoiler:

HiroUey
    The pokeball shakes violently..
    Spoiler:

SwiftSwim
    Spoiler:

Fiegn
    The pokeball shakes around violently.. sparks flying..
    Spoiler:

ピクシー
    The pokeball scatters across the ground then begins to wobble around abit...
    Spoiler:

FearTheLapras
    ...the pokeball flies into a tree... for some reason. :S
    then stops and begins to shake...
    Spoiler:

FYI: It's my friends 21st this weekend. We are going out and will be getting very drunk.
    So if i'm too hung over to review your posts, maybe scarecrow will help? xP
    I'm not promoting getting drunk. It's not big or clever, infact its quite the opposite.

But, well, if you're old enough, why not? xP The legal age for alcohol in england is 18. xP
    If i dont post, well.. theres the reason xD - Mike

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    "All right!" Elliot said, jumping up in the air, throwing his fist up at the same time.

The pokeball had come to a stop, Pikachu was caught. He walked up to the pokeball and picked it up. It felt warm from all the sparks flying while it had been wobbling. Elliot suddenly realized that Lentus wasn't close by; he looked to where he flew over after the last attack. Elliot found him sitting there cramming a bunch of berries in its mouth.

"Hey don't eat too many, you'll get sick." Elliot said.

He took a closer look at the berries; they appeared to be sitrus berries. He was reminded by one of his classes about them. While their taste wasn't particularly amazing, it did help to restore a Pokemon's health. Elliot thought it best to have Pikachu eat some was well.

"Here you go Pikachu." Elliot said while tossing the Pokeball in the air, letting Pikachu out. He gave a kind smile to it.

"Pi-ka-chu." It said in a content manner.

Elliot smiled as the Pikachu dived for some berries; he then realized Pikachu's head looked funny.

"I don't think Lentus hit him that hard." Elliot thought. "Wait a sec, that's a tuft of hair."

Elliot laughed out loud, causing both Pikachu and Lentus to look up, then back at their berries. Elliot decided to sit down in the grass among the berries.

"Pikachu will need a name." Elliot thought, he decided to flip through his book. "Hey Pikachu, you'll need a name, tell me if you like this one." Elliot said out loud. Pikachu walked over to
    Elliot carrying a couple of berries in its arm.

"Your thundershock attacks looked pretty powerful, so I think it's fitting to call you Tonitrous. It's Latin for 'Full of Thunder'. Even Toni for short." Elliot smiled at his ingenious; he always had an affinity for Latin names, something about only his understanding what they meant.

Toni seemed to have agreed. "Pi-ka-chu!" It said in an illustrious manner.

Elliot looked back at Lentus, he was now on his side holding his stomach and groaning a bit.

Elliot couldn't control his laugher. "See Lentus, I told you!" Elliot brought Lentus towards him; he was still carrying some berries too, and had him lean on his knee. Toni looked curiously on went next to Lentus, it took the beries out of its hand and threw them behind him; as though doing Lentus a favour. Lentus didn't react however, as his stomach was his preoccupation.

Elliot smiled, "Thanks Toni. Oh hey check this out."

Toni went closer to Elliot. He removed his egg from his pocket, intending to show it to Toni.

"This is gonna be a pokemon, someday." Elliot said.

Toni reached out and touched the egg. It was obvious that Toni too, felt the warmth.

"Chu!" Toni cried contentedly.

Elliot carefully put the egg back in his pocket. He then remembered about Toni's tail. He rummaged through his bag until he found some fabric he had forgotten to unpack.

"Well it's not medical supplies, but it will have to do." Elliot wrapped the fabric around Toni's tail carefully trying not to hurt him. He managed to slightly correct Toni's tail with the fabric.

"Chu..." Toni said, with a hint of pain.

"It will help," Elliot said. "I just don't want you to do any more battling until that's fully healed."

"Pi." Toni said nodding in agreement.

"Well since you guys like the berries so much, perhaps we can collect some to have later." Elliot got up, Lentus rolled off; unaware of what was just said and done. Apparently it had gone back to sleep.

"Oh man..." Elliot said, smacking his head to his forehead.

Though a few minutes later, Toni collected 8 berries and Elliot bagged them.

"Okay, is everyone ready?" He took out his pokeballs and collected Lentus back. Just when Elliot was about to do the same for Toni, it instead ran up him, and sat on his shoulder. Elliot laughed "The view is better up here, isn't it? Though if I were only taller."

"Pi..." Toni said in a jovial manner.

Elliot set out again towards Viridian city. They walked and enjoyed the scenery together. It wasn't till one hour later that they noticed someone running in the opposite direction, towards them.

"Maybe that's another trainer," He thought. "Maybe I can convince Lentus to battle again."

The runner came into clearer focus as she approached.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    …And the center of the ball turned white

"We did it Hypnotic! And on the first try! Well, I mean, we are US, so no surprise anyways!" Jake said as sarcastically as possible to Hypnotic.

"Poli Poli Poli!" Hypnotic cried happily as it started to dance around.

"Alright, let's bring out the little fellow, come on out Nidoran!"

Nidoran appeared in the shining white light. It instantly threw out a little yawn, and then happily jumped onto Hypnotic's head while it was dancing. Hypnotic didn't seem to mind though.

That's just…odd. I mean whatever works I guess. Anyways, I need to give my Nidoran a nickname I guess. Let's see…

"Alright, how about the name Vicious?" Jake asked Nidoran.

"…Nido…" clearly Nidoran didn't like it. Hypnotic went as far as to use a Bubble attack
    on Jake. That didn't go over so well.

"How about Tactical, based on the way you acted during that battle?"

"Nido Nido!" Nidoran said happily.

Tactical it is! Now, I need to get some training in on these. Should I go after a wild Pokémon, or should I try to find a trainer to battle? Meh, whatever I see first is what I'm going to with with I suppose.

Jake took the egg Dr. Marley gave him out of his bag, and took a look at it. It started to turn a lighter brown color. Jake was feeling confident that it meant that it was developing, but he didn't want to take any chances. He wrapped his arms around the egg, and wouldn't let go of it for dear life. Hypnotic and Tactical walked side-by-side with him, Tactical on top of Hypnotic's head. As Jake approached another patch a grass, he saw another person looking around. He knew it was time for a battle!

"Hey kid," Jake started. "How about a battle?"

"Umm, I'm not sure. I need to train, but I don't know if I want to fight a real person right now." The kid answered. "Umm, okay, I suppose we can battle, although I'll bet you'll win. I only have two Pokémon however. It appears you do too. How about a double battle?" He finished.

"I guess so, sounds good to me!" Jake said with excitement. "By the way, what's your name? My name is Jake. Let's not be squares here, a little acquaintance would be nice."

"My name is Tim, and it is nice to meet you!" Tim said as he makes a new acquaintance. "Alright, I'll bring out my Squirtle and my Pidgey!"

"And as you can see, I'll use Hypnotic the Poliwag and Tactical the Nidoran!"

Tim's Pokémon appeared out of the shining white light, while Jake's Pokémon just walked forward. Tactical jumped off of Hypnotic's head. Hypnotic started to do a little happy dance, while Tactical stared off into space.

"I'm going to need you two to focus here!" Jake ordered out.

"Poli!" "Nido!" The two of them said in unison.

Tim's Pidgey and Squirtle looked like they were in total focus: They held a simple battle stance, and were staring down Hypnotic and Tactical.

They seem to have been trained well, I'll have to be at my best here, as will my Pokémon!

Jake started to get a little nervous, as it was his first battle. He clenched his egg even tighter, losing the feeling in his knuckles, as he transferred a lot of his body heat to the egg. At least it would get something good out of this battle, no matter the outcome.

"Alright, I'll start this off!" Jake said. "Hypnotic, use your Water Gun on Pidgey! Use Horn Attack on Squirtle Tactical!"

"Squirtle, counter that Horn Attack with a Tackle! Use Gust Pidgey!" Tim ordered.

Hypnotic shot out a large stream of water at the Pidgey, and Tactical charged in. Squirtle had a lot of force, and the two collided head on…literally. They both flew backwards and landed on the ground hard. The Pidgey's Gust absorbed the Water Gun, although at little bit made it through, leaving but a little dent on Pidgey.

Grr, apparently long-range attacks won't give me much of an advantage here, Pidgey will just knock them away with Gust. I need to get in close to lay down some hurt.

"Pidgey, use Quick Attack on the Poliwag! Squirtle, charge in for another Tackle attack!" Tim ordered out swiftly.

Pidgey moved at what seemed to be at mach-two speeds, while the Squirtle ran rather slowly at Tactical, although there was definite power.

"Tactical, just wait for my orders, Hypnotic, try to dodge!"

It was too late for Hypnotic, however. The Pidgey was just too fast and hit it dead on, leaving a lot of damage. Hypnotic wasn't ready to give up yet. Squirtle finally got in close to Tactical.

"Now, Poison Sting it!!"

"Dodge Squirtle!"

It was too late for Squirtle though. It was in too close of range for it the Poison Sting to be dodged. Tactical rained down purple spikes directly on top of Squirtle. It took heavy damage this time, but the force from the shot whipped it around, and Squirtle's tail hit Nidoran, knocking it back a little. From looking at Squirtle, you could see that there was residual damage being done to it: Poison.

This is really turning out in my favor! Then again, I AM awesome!

"Squirtle, come here, here's an Antidote for you!" Tim said happily.

The Poison infliction was completely erased. Although the direct damage caused from the Poison Sting did a lot of damage, nothing else was gained from it.

Someone's prepared…nerd.

"Hypnotic, charge in at that Pidgey and use Doubleslap! Tactical, use a Scratch attack on Pidgey as well!"

The two of them double-teamed Pidgey flawlessly. After every slap, Tactical jabbed his horn into Pidgey as well, it flew backwards and hit a tree. Squirtle wouldn't allow this to continue however. Without any orders, it can behind the two of them and hit them both with a fierce Water Gun attack! Hypnotic and Tactical flew directly at Jake, but hit the ground in front of him.

"Get up you two, one shot can't take you down!" Jake yelled.

Hypnotic stood right back up: A water-type attack wouldn't be something to hit it for a lot of damage. Tactical, on the other hand, struggled to stand back up.

"You too Pidgey, get up!"

Pidgey tried to flap his wings to get back into the air, but he couldn't. He remained stationary on the ground, and couldn't use the sky for evasion any longer.

Alright. We both have one Pokémon hurt pretty badly, and one close to peak condition, although Hypnotic is definitely in better shape than his Squirtle. I need to get rid of that Pidgey first, and hopefully make this a two-on-one battle.

"Use Poison Sting on Pidgey Tactical! Use Bubble on both of them Hypnotic!" Jake ordered.

The purple spikes flew directly at Pidgey, who could barely move any more. The Bubble attack came at both Squirtle and Pidgey. Squirtle jumped directly in front of Pidgey, and took both of the blows together!

"Squirtle, No!!!" Tim cried out, his eyes filled with tears.

Squirtle fell to the ground, and tried to stand back up. Pidgey used his beak to pull him up, and to continue the battle. Pidgey stood there in a struggle, and lit up in a white light!

What the heck is going on here!!!!

"Can it…be? Yes! Pidgey is evolving!" Tim cried out happily.

Oh…crap. This is NOT what I needed to happen.

Pidgey grew two fold! He gained a red feather on top of its head, although his energy didn't' appear to be very rejuvenated.

"Not the most helpful evolution, but an evolution is an evolution!" Tim said happily.

"Water Gun and Poison Sting, one more time!" Jake ordered out.

"Gust Pidgeotto! Let's go!"

The Gust attack knocked away the Water Gun and the Poison Sting. It might not have gotten any of his health back, but it certainly gained a heck of a lot of strength!

This…is really bad. I guess I only have one option now!

"Charge on in together! Use Doubleslap and Horn Attack!"

Tactical hopped onto Hypnotic's head, and they charged in together for a power attack! Tim had no idea how to respond to this. Squirtle and Pidgeotto were knocked down to the ground in a matter of seconds, and neither could get up.

"Well, I guess I should have used some wild Pokémon first…I…guess" Tim said while trying to remain calm, but tears filled his eyes.

"It is just one battle Tim, don't get too upset about it. We'll meet again someday, and I can guess you'll beat me," Jake said sincerely.

Beat me? Hah! Whatever makes Tim feel better though…

"Really!" Tim said as he perked up. "Yeah, you're right! I'll see you again and kick your butt!!"

"Umm…sure, whatever works." Jake said sarcastically.

Tim returned his Pokémon, and ran off into the distance.

Jake turned to Hypnotic and Tactical and said, "You two work great together, which doesn't surprise me much. I mean you two are obviously great friends, just like the ones I have."

"Poli!" "Ran!!"

After returning his two Pokémon to their Pokéballs, Jake looked down at the egg he was holding onto for the past fifteen minutes.

I wonder what you will be…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back