• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Darker than it Seems [OOC]

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Take Notice:

Hello everyone, the timeline is currently updated.

In 2 IC days, summer will end and Autumn will start. That counts today. Once it happens, someone will make a Notice in the IC thread. The leaves will have already changed overnight as what happens in Pokemon Black and White.

Last edited:

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
    Take Notice:

Hello everyone, the timeline is currently updated.

In 2 IC days, summer will end and Autumn will start. That counts today. Once it happens, someone will make a Notice in the IC thread. The leaves will have already changed overnight as what happens in Pokemon Black and White.

Interesting... never heard the seasons being changed in a Roleplay before. Sounds cool. :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Interesting... never heard the seasons being changed in a Roleplay before. Sounds cool. :)

Main reason is that I feel like most people could benefit from it. I know I do. If you write in the same season as it is in Real Life, it enhances the descriptive writing. Sadly, not everyone is in the same hemisphere. I am hoping for this to work for everyone. Not to mention, it gives the RP a sense of life. It also doesn't make it seem like everything that happens is crammed in to a few days because of the season change.

Besides, I think having something like a seasonal change makes an RP fresh. Especially if there isn't a drastic change in environment. Not to mention summer can be dull when it comes to writing :p At least to me. With autumn, it isn't always the same weather pattern with it just being hot in rainy, autumn cant be everything from snowy, cold, hot and rainy.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I am not 100% sure, but the title says we are still accepting, but as said, not sure.

If you want, go ahead and make an SU in the meantime if you have time. I'll check with Gray when he is on next time. And if you happen to get the SU finished, go ahead and sign up.

VillageofDragons

Years
    Main reason is that I feel like most people could benefit from it. I know I do. If you write in the same season as it is in Real Life, it enhances the descriptive writing. Sadly, not everyone is in the same hemisphere. I am hoping for this to work for everyone. Not to mention, it gives the RP a sense of life. It also doesn't make it seem like everything that happens is crammed in to a few days because of the season change.

Besides, I think having something like a seasonal change makes an RP fresh. Especially if there isn't a drastic change in environment. Not to mention summer can be dull when it comes to writing :p At least to me. With autumn, it isn't always the same weather pattern with it just being hot in rainy, autumn cant be everything from snowy, cold, hot and rainy.

Yeah, I agree that changing seasons definitely makes a RP fresh. It helps enhance the writing too and make it more diverse because the weather patterns change. :)

Years

Name: Brian Sage
    Personality: Brian is extremely shy and hates attention. Because of this he is ashamed that he is a hybrid and will go to extremes to hide that he is one. He always does the right thing even if it means getting hurt. He is a caring person who tends to trust everyone he meets and sees the good in everyone, even if they can't see it themselves. He would gladly sacrifice himself to save a friend or prevent them from being harmed. Although he is hard to anger, once he becomes angry he gets extremely violent until someone can calm him down. He has a strong bond with his Pokemon, valuing them over himself. His Pokemon never stay in their poke-balls, preferring to walk side by side with him. Hurting them would be a VERY bad idea unless you're looking for a fight.
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Hybrid Trainer typing: Fire/Fairy
    Hybrid Trainer Ability: Blaze/Friend Guard
    Hybrid Trainer Move-set: Moonlight, Fire Punch, Fairy Wind, Ember
    Pokemon team: Sylveon, Fennekin
    Attack execution: When he is angry his hands catch fire, however he cannot control it(Fire Punch) and while he is enraged he can also throw the fire from his hands(ember)even if he doesn't mean to. When he is scared the wind whips up around him(Fairy Wind). His fairy powers allow him to help his companions, by concentrating hard with his eyes closed he can create a pink light that glows in the palm of his hands that can heal(Moonlight).

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I like the concept of your character. If it was up to me, I would accept you. I also like that he is younger than the other members of the group by a few years, I think. he'd probably end up like a little brother to everyone lol. I like the unique combination of Fairy and Fire as well.

Everyone here has had a unique character so far. I have liked everyone who has joined.

Years
    I like the concept of your character. If it was up to me, I would accept you. I also like that he is younger than the other members of the group by a few years, I think. he'd probably end up like a little brother to everyone lol. I like the unique combination of Fairy and Fire as well.

Everyone here has had a unique character so far. I have liked everyone who has joined.

I added a little bit more to it now, a bit at the end of personality and another pokemon. I also swapped fairy aura for Blaze as I thought it fit better.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

Name: Brian Sage
    Personality: Brian is extremely shy and hates attention. Because of this he is ashamed that he is a hybrid and will go to extremes to hide that he is one. He always does the right thing even if it means getting hurt. He is a caring person who tends to trust everyone he meets and sees the good in everyone, even if they can't see it themselves. He would gladly sacrifice himself to save a friend or prevent them from being harmed. Although he is hard to anger, once he becomes angry he gets extremely violent until someone can calm him down. He has a strong bond with his Pokemon, valuing them over himself. His Pokemon never stay in their poke-balls, preferring to walk side by side with him. Hurting them would be a VERY bad idea unless you're looking for a fight.
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Hybrid Trainer typing: Fire/Fairy
    Hybrid Trainer Ability: Blaze/Friend Guard
    Hybrid Trainer Move-set: Moonlight, Fire Punch, Fairy Wind, Ember
    Pokemon team: Sylveon, Fennekin
    Attack execution: When he is angry his hands catch fire, however he cannot control it(Fire Punch) and while he is enraged he can also throw the fire from his hands(ember)even if he doesn't mean to. When he is scared the wind whips up around him(Fairy Wind). His fairy powers allow him to help his companions, by concentrating hard with his eyes closed he can create a pink light that glows in the palm of his hands that can heal(Moonlight).

I have been given permission to accept people, so you are accepted. I am not sure who you would join at the moment though, the group is broken up atm. And I don't think you can currently just happen to find Shadow, Arryn, Orchird, or Lydia at the moment due to where those characters are.

Years
    I have been given permission to accept people, so you are accepted. I am not sure who you would join at the moment though, the group is broken up atm. And I don't think you can currently just happen to find Shadow, Arryn, Orchird, or Lydia at the moment due to where those characters are.

That's ok, I'm a bit busy this week anyway so I'll wait until I see a good spot to jump in and go for it. What's the worst thing that can happen? :P Until then I'll just read what's going on and get a sense of how the group's relationships work.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    That's ok, I'm a bit busy this week anyway so I'll wait until I see a good spot to jump in and go for it. What's the worst thing that can happen? :P Until then I'll just read what's going on and get a sense of how the group's relationships work.

Haha good luck achieving that feat. Trying to learn how the group's relationships work will be like trying to read with no prior knowledge. Shadow will be leaving the haven at some point later on this week or next.

Years
    Haha good luck achieving that feat. Trying to learn how the group's relationships work will be like trying to read with no prior knowledge. Shadow will be leaving the haven at some point later on this week or next.

I realized that after reading the last 2 pages, I was also a bit confused about what/where haven is. Is it only accessible via the portal?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I realized that after reading the last 2 pages, I was also a bit confused about what/where haven is. Is it only accessible via the portal?

That question was just answered actually.

Basically, it is a grove protected by 4 Guardian Pokemon. It can be found, but it is hard to see the ground from the sky and the trees constantly changes due to the Grass Pokemon Guardian, which I think is a Torterra. Here is a quote from the answer I got earlier.

The Portal merely makes her teleport impossible to follow if she feels it could be traced. Its also a method to mass teleport people/pokemon without completely draining Lydia. Its not as secure as she makes it sound. Anyone can stumble upon the Haven as its just hidden deep in the forest. However its hard to do so as the thick canopies hides anything of interest from the sky, and the grass Pokemon (well really one of the guardians) rearrange the foliage and trees on the ground so wanderers get lost or directed away from it.

I have a few examples from other stories and things that I have read in the past, but none would make sense if you have not read them. But I think Stingray explains it fairly well.

Best thing to do if you are confused about what is happening is read the timeline, which I need to update. Bets way to figure out a character's personality or relationship is to let your character explore them. There is heavy character development in this RP at the moment. So what is in the SU's is probably outdated by a bit.

Last edited:

VillageofDragons

Years
    @Icyice: Lol, I like the little sub-part where Noivern acts and stuff and saves the kid from sure death. It's like the mini adventures of Noivern or something, XD

Years

Well, Rex and Deacon are on a date at a local Chinese restaurant. You can stop by our table if you'd like.

(On a side note, both of my characters are having lunch with both of Village's characters. I'm having fun!)

Last edited:
    Years
    Well, Rex and Deacon are on a date at a local Chinese restaurant. You can stop by our table if you'd like.

(On a side note, both of my characters are having lunch with both of Village's characters. I'm having fun!)

I might stop by if you're still there when I get home today. ( I hate typing on my phone)

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
    Update for Val after what happened in the fight with Gray:

Appearance: Val still looks like her old self, but while she was dead a small, round, red gem was embedded in her forehead (like a Persian's gem) and the injection of the Haunter DNA left her skin with a slight purple tint.
    Abilities: Scrappy and Justified
    Type: Ghost/Normal
    Attacks: Slash, Sacred Sword, Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, Toxic, Hex
    Attack Execution: For her old moves (Slash, Sacred Sword, Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut) her attack execution remains the same. When using Toxic, the gem in her forehead (which helps her channel the power of special attacks, as her sword helps her channel the power of physical ones) will give off a very faint, sickly purple glow, before poison seeps through the ground at the target's feet, rising up to make contact. When using Hex, her gem gives off an eerie, dark purple glow before wisps of ghostly, dark purple flames materialize around the target and shoot towards the target to do damage upon contact.
    Pokemon Team: Persian (male), Gliscor (male), Feraligatr (male), Sharpedo (male; in PC)

Also, Val has been quite...rude to some characters. She's not the nicest person until she gets to know someone (Pokemon are the exception; she has a huge soft spot for them) and she won't bother to get to know someone if she doesn't find that person worth her time. I just hope that anyone she's rude to doesn't take her words to heart. It's all Val's opinion, not mine.

Back