• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Darker than it Seems [OOC]

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • From what I read from your post, the person you need to talk to is someone not of the main 'bosses', you could come up with your own NPC or just use one of the admins from the teams, similar to how Rex used Shelly.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • Sorry but I'm gonna have to drop from the RP. I don't have much time to put into this and I don't know when I'll have more free time. It's been fun while it lasted and hopefully the RP keeps going for a long time. Adios.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • Sorry but I'm gonna have to drop from the RP. I don't have much time to put into this and I don't know when I'll have more free time. It's been fun while it lasted and hopefully the RP keeps going for a long time. Adios.

Aww man. Well, it was fun Roleplaying with you, ElBurrito. I wish you the best of luck in life. :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Ok, hate to see you go.

Do you want something to happen to your character or anything? I'll send you a PM on here in case you don't check this again.

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Ok, hate to see you go.

Do you want something to happen to your character or anything? I'll send you a PM on here in case you don't check this again.

I sent a VM to ElBurrito already asking if it was okay if Jack Frost killed off Darren when he intercepts Darren and Deacon on the way to the house (Non-gorily of course and without ElBurrito having to post. I have a way of doing it). I'm just waiting from a reply from him now seeing if it's okay. If it's not I won't do it, but it would give me a reason to post about Jack Frost and Deacon Masterson at the same time.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I sent a VM to ElBurrito already asking if it was okay if Jack Frost killed off Darren when he intercepts Darren and Deacon on the way to the house (Non-gorily of course and without ElBurrito having to post. I have a way of doing it). I'm just waiting from a reply from him now seeing if it's okay. If it's not I won't do it, but it would give me a reason to post about Jack Frost and Deacon Masterson at the same time.

Alright, that is fine. Just let us know his reply if he doesn't reply to em or someone else. He can always come back as a ghost type later on if he dies. Just want to know what he wants to do with Darren.

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Alright, that is fine. Just let us know his reply if he doesn't reply to em or someone else. He can always come back as a ghost type later on if he dies. Just want to know what he wants to do with Darren.

Okay, I will let you know as soon as I hear something from him. :)

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Yeah, Gray has been extremely active in the official Darker than it seems... Skype chat and has been paying attention to the IC and OOC threads. Maybe you just missed him. :)

Years
  • My friends, I think you should know that I am very confused. I don't know what the dang is going on in Goldenrod. There were times in this thread that I couldn't keep up, but that was because we posted so fast. Now? I feel as though I missed a memo somewhere. So I have a couple questions.

1. Where did all this magic come from? We've got teleportation, nightmare curses, tracking orbs and telepathy. Was it always there, and I just missed it?

2. What is Team Rocket's plan? They want to kill us, right? They've sent assassins to kill a couple of us, but they've also sent Hybrids to our hidden base just to play mind games or capture just one of us. If they know where we live, why play these games? Why target just one of us at a time?

Just so we're clear, I'm not leaving the game. I just don't know what's happening in it right now. It's one reason I've sent Rex off on his own for a bit.

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
    Years
  • My friends, I think you should know that I am very confused. I don't know what the dang is going on in Goldenrod. There were times in this thread that I couldn't keep up, but that was because we posted so fast. Now? I feel as though I missed a memo somewhere. So I have a couple questions.

1. Where did all this magic come from? We've got teleportation, nightmare curses, tracking orbs and telepathy. Was it always there, and I just missed it?

2. What is Team Rocket's plan? They want to kill us, right? They've sent assassins to kill a couple of us, but they've also sent Hybrids to our hidden base just to play mind games or capture just one of us. If they know where we live, why play these games? Why target just one of us at a time?

Just so we're clear, I'm not leaving the game. I just don't know what's happening in it right now. It's one reason I've sent Rex off on his own for a bit.

Oh, I'm sorry! I haven't kept you in the loop properly D: The skype chat moves incredibly fast.

To answer your questions:

1. In terms of the curses, Z simply asked Gray if she could be a witch and he gave her the thumbs up lol xD When it comes to Lydia, it's mainly her typing that she has been able to use telepathy. Transportation, I believe, is part of the typing as well. It is a little fuzzy to me, too but since Gray has said nothing, neither have I aha.

2. I was discussing this with Gray in a separate chat and it hasn't been revealed yet, but we'll be shed some light on that soon! I think with 'targeting one at a time' might be because they know they're outmatched if we're all together.

Right now, we have two joint posts in progress. One between Gray and Val, another between Orchid, Arryn and Shadow <- that one is almost complete and should be up today, I'm not too sure about the one with Gray and Val so it was probably a good idea for Rex to go off on his own.

I'll make sure to post here when a Joint Post is in progress so that doesn't happen again. I'll keep you better in the loop, promise!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Yeah. Past 2 IC days have been a bit chaotic lol.

After this IC day, it should return to somewhat normal. Somethings have happened faster than originally planned.

Don't know if Z will have magic once she returns to normal. But yeah, the magic can be a bit confusing lol.

I am hoping we get 1 or 2 IC days that are calm. I don't think it is a good idea to have every IC day a constant chaotic battle.

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
    Years
  • I am updating the OOC with information!​

Arcs
    The Pokerus Arc
    This is absolutely happening. It's taking some time because while we move fast in real life, the RP days are incredibly slow. I think we have, actually, just reached the fourth/fifth day ahaha.

For those that are curious to know about what this will entail, you can refer to this post. When this is happening is up to debate because again, the RP days move quite slow. While it has already started (Archie kidnapping Tulip, brainwashing her, ect) the main point of this arc is yet to come.​

The Galactic Arc
    Details are still being finalised - we also don't want to spoil anything too soon!​

The Legendary Arc
    TBA​

TBA
    TBA​
    You
    Third Typing
    For those unaware, achieving a third typing is entirely possible. It has been done so with Tulip (as Orchid, gaining the Poison type) and Jason (gaining the Electric type after the Joint Post with Gray). Others are currently working towards this, myself included.

If you don't necessarily want a third type, you are able to swap a type out. This can happen through 'unlocking' the type such as through battle, realisation, an emotional event, ect or through more extreme measures, such as what Tulip went through. Experimentation, that sort of thing. Rocket will be the ones to do that to you, however.

In addition, 4/6 move-set will only be offered for those starting in the RP. With the types growing and the fact that it's hard to stick to just a few moves, we can use as many moves as we can unlock. Through development, however. Don't go mental xD​

Combination Attacks
    This was just discussed, literally an hour ago, as Zatanna and I had quite a conversation inbetween writing our Joint Post. Gray gave it the thumbs up, so here it is!

The idea is, essentially, creating a whole new move. For example: Arryn creating a shard of Ice - Gray can add Electricity to that for an extra powerful attack by touching, shooting it through his palm, various methods. It can happen quickly for battling purposes!

Also, for two characters with the same type, you can create a 2x stronger attack. Example: Jason and Tulip could create a powerful Grass attack by combining their efforts.

But there is a learning curve to making this types of attacks. We can't be too OP and to be realistic, it takes time to control and use these types of abilities, especially when we are making completely new moves from scratch. Practice makes perfect and it makes for a fun training session.

If you want to be the one to discover this, send me a PM and we can work out the details! (:​

Team Rocket
    If you want to be sided with Team Rocket, whether as a Grunt, another person of importance or a Hybrid, you can do so! We have a pretty sizeable list of current Rocket characters such as:

Orchid
    Val
    Alek
    Jack
    Melody

But hey! We're always looking for more recruits and if you need a break from your current character, if nothing is happening or you're stuck, having a second to fall back on is always fun.

Also, since it is a 'secondary' character, we've decided to up the ante a little. There will be some missions or tasks for Rocket members to complete (if you choose to do so). There will be, via intercom, someone such as Giovanni, Cyrus, Maxie, Ghetsis, or Archie with a task to complete. The difficulty will vary with whom is giving the order.

If you want your character to have one, send me a PM and I'll make it happen!​

If I have not made something clear and you have questions, please ask. And if you have any suggestions, they are most definitely welcome! This information will be added to the first post, with Gray's (: Continue to look there for updates if you don't feel like flicking through the OOC thread to find this!

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Just a heads up for everyone.

In August I have about 2 or 3 jobs that will take a few days to a week each. So I will not be on as much, especially if we continue to get jobs. I will still be on mostly every night, but probably will not be as active as I currently am. I will keep an eye on the threads and try to keep posting regularly. So don't hold back rping with me. I just wanted everyone to know in case I am gone a few days at a time.

I know school will also be starting back for some of you at that time as well.

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
    Years
  • I know I missed a lot in the RP, and I apologize because I actually lost track of what's been going on, but what has happened and where can I catch up at?

Back