• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Darkness Falls~ *Dark Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    Username: LRachelR5
    Nickname: Lucy
    Reason you love dark types: there is something misteryous about them and they are really fun to use
    3 partner Pokemon: Zorua, Carvana, Umbreon.
    Answer any current topic: I think that it would be really cool to have another dark legendary pokemon because some see dark types as underated compared to other types.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Username: LRachelR5
    Nickname: Lucy
    Reason you love dark types: there is something misteryous about them and they are really fun to use
    3 partner Pokemon: Zorua, Carvana, Umbreon.
    Answer any current topic: I think that it would be really cool to have another dark legendary pokemon because some see dark types as underated compared to other types.

Welcome to the club lucy! I just added you to the op and i gotta say i love your choices on partners (especially Zorua)

Small update
    The op has been edited since it was brought to my attention i forgot 2 peoples nicknames haah
    Also clicking the current potw icon brings you to the post now.
    If you havent noticed the cursor in the op is a Zorua let me know what you think.
    Also question for all members really simple pokemon matchups bi-weekly? Yes no maybe?

Oh yes and to all who are getting a username change for september just notify me what itll be changed to and i will update it in the op. And to anyone with or without a nickname you can change your nickname at any time just post it or vm me.

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
    Years
  • Was bored, had some spare time, hope you like it.
    G53M9rs.jpg

Dedenne1

Years
  • Nice. As you know I love zorua and Zoroark but the first dark type I took to the E4 was Krokodile in Black

Id say my second would be the Sandile line and if it was as "old" as Umbreon it would probably be comparable since its quite the awesome poke.

Anyways everyone be sure to check out:
    Sandile the current POTW
    The op (fixed from some issues with the memberlist as well as coloring not working well with fundamental)
    And im still looking for feedback on this: pokemon matchups bi-weekly? Yes no maybe?
    And why not answer this: Which dark type pokemon have people used the most? since sandile isnt as popular as some ill have this added as a current topic along with him :D

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • POTW: Sandile
    Sandile has an interesting concept. The first type that comes in mind when you think about a crocodile would be water (or that may just be me). However, dark type fits well too, comparing Bite and Crunch with a crocodile's jaws. But ground... I don't know.
    Sandile looks cute and looks a lot better than Krookodile, whose color scheme makes it ugly in my opinion. I haven't used the Pokémon yet.
    I don't know about that.... Umbreon versus Sandile as the cutest dark type is debatable, lol ;)....
    Houndoom is obviously the cutest dark type. But what about Zorua?

Which dark type pokemon have people used the most?
    For me that's Houndoom, which shouldn't be very surprising.

Pokemon matchups bi-weekly? Yes no maybe?
    Yes! Hopefully that will work out better than the last time I had to schedule a match against Dedenne.

Dedenne1

Years

• Dark Type Pokemon of The Week

houndour_is_on_fire_by_wolflinx-d4xjtp8.png

Houndour
    Houndour, The Dark Pokémon, they hunt as a coordinated pack and communicate with each other using a variety of cries to corner their prey. This Pokémon's remarkable teamwork is unparalleled. Around dawn, its ominous howl echoes through the area to announce that this is its territory.

Possible Questions:
    Have you ever used it competitively or in-game?
    Do you like it normal form or shiny form better?
    Whats your overall thoughts on its design?
    Maybe a little opinion on why houndoor was chosen to be the "dark" Pokemon?
    If you could change houndoor in anyway what would you change?
    Other thoughts?

Still trying out this new system and i like doing them ever wednesday it works! Thanks everyone for weighing in im going to try a dark type vs. dark type next week comparing who you like better and why maybe who would win in and a battle, and what could be done to make the pokemon better. Sound good?

Last edited:

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • Uh... Dedenne, the thing says Houndoor instead of Houndour, XD.... Also, below that it says Sandile instead of Houndour or Houndoom, and goes on to describe it as howling.... Which one is the Pokemon of The Week?? Houndour, Houndoom, or Sandile?? LOL...

Dedenne1

Years
  • Uh... Dedenne, the thing says Houndoor instead of Houndour, XD.... Also, below that it says Sandile instead of Houndour or Houndoom, and goes on to describe it as howling.... Which one is the Pokemon of The Week?? Houndour, Houndoom, or Sandile?? LOL...

I swear english is my best class! I love how everyone probably just looked at it and laughed instead of correcting me thank you haha and its fixed.

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Houndour

Nope, never used it before

Do you like it normal form or shiny form better?

Shiny form definitely. It makes it look a lot cooler. :)

It's nice. I like how it's based after a hellhound, and has the orange and black to back that up.

Maybe a little opinion on why houndoor was chosen to be the "dark" Pokemon?

Well I think Houndour and Houndoom were chosen to be dark types mainly because they're based after hellhounds, and are also partially colored black, so I guess that plays into it as well.

If you could change houndoor in anyway what would you change?

I would probably add a long bone to the top of his head that goes sideways and curls around his ears. Other than that, nothing.

Other thoughts?

None, other than that I love Pokemon that are based on dogs or cats, so Houndour is a favorite in my book. :)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • POTW: Houndour <3
    I love Houndour and of course I have used it in-game, but not as much as I wanted. It's a shame the Pokémon is rarely obtainable early game. Even in its debut generation, gen II, you weren't able to find it prior the post-game part. It's not like it's a semi-legendary Pokémon or something.
    Anyway, yes, I love Houndour's design, a hellhound seems the perfect dark type to me. Combined with fire it gives a nice unique type combination. It's a great special sweeper with Flamethrower and Crunch in the early games and Crunch luckily being able to be replaced by Dark Pulse later on.

Thanks everyone for weighing in im going to try a dark type vs. dark type next week comparing who you like better and why maybe who would win in and a battle, and what could be done to make the pokemon better. Sound good?
    Yes! ^^

Dedenne1

Years
  • Also its that time of the year again so anyone getting or has already gotten a username change or would like to change their nickname use the form here:

Code:
    [B]Current Username:
    New Nickname:
    New Username:[/B]

Dedenne1

Years

• Dark Type Pokemon of The Week

latest

Darkrai
    Darkrai, The Pitch-Black Pokémon. It can lull people to sleep and make them dream. It is active during nights of the new moon. Folklore has it that on moonless nights, this Pokémon will make people see horrific nightmares.

Possible Questions:
    Did you ever go to fullmoon island?
    Do you consider Darkrai evil or good?
    If you could change Darkrai in anyway what would you change?
    What are your thoughts on his signature move Dark Void?
    Other thoughts?

Remember Comparison is coming up next week dont miss it! Also be sure to check out the club feedback thread for an event soon to come. Id also like to thank all the members of the Dark Type club we've come a long way from a very weird op to a cool css one and from 7 members to over 20! Thanks for making the club what it is and for answering all those topics. The comparison will be late (sorry guys!) since school is busy.

Last edited:

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Darkrai

Nope, never used it in-game, even though I started Pokemon with generation 4 and it's my favorite Dark type legendary... :)

I just LOVE how it's designed. It's the nightmare Pokemon, and it looks like that too the way it's designed and has a red underbite mouth that can just suck up all the souls it needs to. :)

Did you ever go to fullmoon island?

No, not in generation 4 even though it was possible, I could never figure out how to since I was so young. I have captured a Darkrai in later generations though. :)

Do you consider Darkrai evil or good?

I don't consider Darkrai evil OR good. I consider it to be on its own agenda and fly solo. If someone wants to mess with it, you better watch out! But if someone wants to team up with it, I don't think it would mind... :)

If you could change Darkrai in anyway what would you change?

If Darkrai were to be given a legendary mega evolution I would simply add long, black, dark angel wings to its mega evolution as well as make its eyes turn red and give it sharper claws. And its typing would change to Dark/Flying type. :)

What are your thoughts on his signature move Dark Void?

I simply LOVE its move Dark Void cause its one of the best moves in the game that's used to put Pokemon to sleep, and it works very well for Darkrai and his lore. :)

Other thoughts?

Nope, other than it is still my favorite Dark type legendary, even above Yveltal.... :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back