• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Darkness Falls~ *Dark Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years
  • So this is the CSS you were talking about! o:

Username:「sarcasm
    Nickname: Rico
    Reason you love dark types: Do I need a reason? I just do. Look at Darkrai, look at it. I have the same love for them as I have ghosts, half of them Dark type Pokemon is what I always love! I don't know how to explain this because I can't find the words to explain... HOW? I LOVE DARK TYPES PLS DONT MAKE ME SUFFER TRYING TO SPOUT WHY I LOVE THEM. /wilts.
    3 partner Pokemon: Houndoom, Krookodile, Darkrai Yveltal Murkrow Pawniard Cacturne Zorua Deino Umbreon
    Answer any current topic:
    Do you think we should have another dark type legendary? If so what typing would it have? And what purpose or special powers would be fitting for it to have in game?

If it's as awesome and epic as Darkrai and Yveltal then I'm all for it! Hmm, Dark/Fairy if that's possible? I'd find that interesting. Purpose... I don't know, there's many possibilities most specially depending on the Legendary. Special Powers... HM. I am not creative enough to make one, lol.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years

• Dark Type Pokemon of The Week
    28ul79c.png

Mandibuzz
    Mandibuzz, The Bone Vulture Pokémon. Watching from the sky, they swoop to strike weakened Pokémon on the ground. They decorate themselves with bones. It makes a nest out of bones it finds. It grabs weakened prey in its talons and hauls it to its nest of bones.

Possible Questions:
    Have you ever used it competitively or in-game?
    Do you think its worthy of a mega evolution? Why or why not?
    Whats your overall thougthts on its design?
    Would you rather use a Honchcrow or Mandibuzz on your in game team? And why?

Great job Dedenne. ^^

Almost forgot:
    Username: Google2.0
    Nickname you'd like to go by: Ico
    Hehe thanks credit goes to twilightblade for the css though couldnt have done anything without her! But im slowly getting the hang of it as well :D
    Ill update the op soon!
    Username: VillageofDragons
    Nickname I'd like to go by: Darth Sorcerer
    Thanks for the reply will update the OP soon!
    So this is the CSS you were talking about! o:

Username:「sarcasm
    Nickname: Rico
    Reason you love dark types: Do I need a reason? I just do. Look at Darkrai, look at it. I have the same love for them as I have ghosts, half of them Dark type Pokemon is what I always love! I don't know how to explain this because I can't find the words to explain... HOW? I LOVE DARK TYPES PLS DONT MAKE ME SUFFER TRYING TO SPOUT WHY I LOVE THEM. /wilts.
    3 partner Pokemon: Houndoom, Krookodile, Darkrai Yveltal Murkrow Pawniard Cacturne Zorua Deino Umbreon
    Answer any current topic:
    Do you think we should have another dark type legendary? If so what typing would it have? And what purpose or special powers would be fitting for it to have in game?

If it's as awesome and epic as Darkrai and Yveltal then I'm all for it! Hmm, Dark/Fairy if that's possible? I'd find that interesting. Purpose... I don't know, there's many possibilities most specially depending on the Legendary. Special Powers... HM. I am not creative enough to make one, lol.
    Yep this was the css stuff :)
    Welcome to the club ill add you asap and looking at a dark type poke is reason enough to love them haha and that remind me gotta update the op!

Last edited:

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • Possible Questions:

No; just never had the wanting to use it in Pokemon

I think it is. I'd be great to have a mega evolution where its wings get longer, its beak longer, and the bone on its head wider with the same typing with increased attack and speed stats

It's nice. I like how it decorates its self with bones and it looks like one of the long necked vultures you see deep in canyons in real life.

Probably a Honchkrow. Just because I like its stats more, what it can do, and how it looks. They're both great Dark types though.

EDIT: LOL I just noticed I copy and pasted it and you put possibly questions instead of possible questions, XD. I'm laughing so hard right now

Dedenne1

Years

TvIoKnx.jpg

Weavile
    Weavile, The Sharp Claw Pokémon. Evolution made it even more devious. It communicates by clawing signs in boulders.They communicate by clawing signs into boulders and work together to surround enemies.It lives in snowy regions. It carves patterns in trees with its claws as a signal to others. They live in cold regions, forming groups of four or five that hunt prey with impressive coordination.

Possible Questions:
    Overall do do you like the ice/dark combination?
    Other thoughts?

Sorry for the lateness trying to get POTW back to Saturdays, and Mandibuzz didnt seem to hit it off that well but thanks Village of Dragons for not making me double post ^^

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Weavile

Yes, I think once a long time ago in-game, but only for a little bit, and not competitively.

Definitely. I think a mega evolution would be the perfect thing to cap its speed and power off, as well as make it look cooler than it already is.

It looks great. It's one of the better looking Pokemon I've come across, and I love how its both black and red, my two favorite colors.

Overall do do you like the ice/dark combination?

Yes, I think it's a great combination, even though it does make it frail type wise, it gives it a huge move-pool to toy around with.

Other thoughts?

I'm actually quite surprised it doesn't already have a mega evolution; it would be a perfect candidate for one. :)

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
    Years
  • I used Weavile in almost all of my diamond / pearl runs, the design is just awesome
    and the combination of ice/ dark is very interesting although, like VillageofDragons said, it does make it frail type wise.
    I'm not sure if it actually needs a mega evolution, i mean it's pretty good as it is, got a nice movepool and decent stats.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Nickname you'd like to go by: either Lycan or Han, I don't have a strong preference between the two

Pokémon of last week: Mandibuzz
    I like Mandibuzz (I don't think there's any bird Pokémon I don't like), but I have never used it. The bone on its head shows its hunger, which fits well to a vulture. Comparing it to the other dark/flying type, Honchkrow, my preference goes to the second, because of its mafia resemblance and the fact it proved to be a good use in Pokémon Diamond. I have always, that is since I found it out, wondered why all Mandibuzz are female though.

Pokémon of the week: Weavile
    Weavile was certainly a welcome addition to Sneasel's evolution line, certainly when physical dark and ice type moves came to existence thanks to the physical/special split in the fourth generation. It's a clear robber, a perfect dark type. Where the ice type part comes from is still something I'm questioning, but it does give an unique type combination. The Pokémon has good speed and attack which can destroy other Pokémon with its decent movepool before they can do a thing, but their low defenses make them very vulnerable to being hit. A simple Mach Punch does the thing.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • PotW: Mandibuzz
    The only time I've used one is to RNG breed a shiny to give away. I evolved and EV trained her but didn't use her for any other battle. I quite like her design, but I'm not fond of her stat distribution and movepool. Flying is not a good defensive type; BoltBeam and Rock moves like Stone Edge and Stealth Rock are plentiful. I would have preferred this vulture going offensive.

Dunno if I would said it is worthy, because also its opposite (Braviary) would necessitate getting a mega evolution. They're pretty cool standalone Pokemon. I just wish Mandibuzz had better options so that an interesting design wouldn't go to waste.

Whats your overall thoughts on its design?
    I love the spikes and bone included in its design.

Honchkrow because its offensive and looks like a boss. :P

PotW: Weavile
    I don't believe that I've used it because I'm too lazy to obtain its evolution item.

Sure! If it goes back to looking more like Sneasel, I'd approve it. I like Sneasel's side feather rather than Weavile's red crown. Anyway, I believed in the rumors that Weavile would get a mega evolution so I wouldn't mind seeing it.

I agree in that it was a much needed addition to Sneasel when Ice/Dark moves had physical options. Weavile is probably one of the best added evolutions to the 4th gen. I'm not fond of the design of its crown and ears, but its existence put Sneasel back on the map. Sneasel was very obscure and easy to miss if you used repel in the ice cave, but I remember that Silver used one in some of his matches.

Overall do you like the ice/dark combination?
    I like all dark types Ice/Dark is great because you have this ice cold Pokemon living in the harsh snow with a sinister, mischievous personality.

Dedenne1

Years

8CkQbKX.jpg

Umbreon
    Umbreon, The Moonlight Pokémon. When exposed to the moon's aura, the rings on its body glow faintly and it gains a mysterious power. When agitated, this Pokémon protects itself by spraying poisonous sweat from its pores. When darkness falls, the rings on the body begin to glow, striking fear in the hearts of anyone nearby. It lurks in darkness and waits for its foes to move. The rings on its body glow when it leaps to attack.

Possible Questions:
    Do you like it normal form or shiny form better?
    What could make umbreon a better pokemon? (Ex. what stats or abilities would be changed)
    Other thoughts?

Great answers for the past Potws Guys! Hoping to get this club really busy soon i may even incorporate some new ideas, like what do you guys think of a point system that could earn you a colored username? Bolded username? New partner pokemon? And do you guys think a weekly pokemon matchup is a good idea? Thanks for the feedback!

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Umbreon

Nope, never used it before. Although it is a good Pokemon

I like its normal form better. Its shiny form doesn't seem fleshed out enough to me. :/

Its design looks wonderful. I love how it's black, but has red eyes and also has yellow rings all over its body. :)

What could make umbreon a better pokemon? (Ex. what stats or abilities would be changed)

I feel like Umbreon should be able to use Crunch, especially since it's a cat-like Pokemon and has teeth, as well as being a dark type. :/

Other thoughts?

Nope, no other thoughts other than its moonlight move can become very annoying if not dealt with properly. :/

As for your other questions, I think a points system would be a great idea, and giving people different colored or bolded usernames as a reward is also a great idea. Also, I would love to see a weekly Pokemon matchup as well. :)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • POTW: Umbreon
    Oh look, it's Umbreon! I love that Pokémon, tied with Espeon as my favorite Eeveelution. I haven't used it a lot in-game, because it's often impossible to obtain early game. I have trained one for a bit in FireRed post-game by the way, but it was annoying to get as Eevee are only available in FRLG and evolving into Umbreon is limited to RSE. In the Battle Factory it showed to be an awesome tank with Toxic, Double Team and Baton Pass. Competitively the Pokémon is less fun because of the evasion moves clause.
    Umbreon has a very limited movepool though. For some reason it can learn moves as Psychic, but it learns only three dark type moves upon levelling, none of which have a higher base power than 60. As VillageofDragons pointed out, it can't even learn Crunch! That, while Eevee even learns Bite in level 17.
    Synchronize is a decent ability to have, it shows how mystique the Pokémon is, as Synchronize normally is a psychic type ability and it can learn Psychic.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Love Umbreon and the rest of the eeveelutions! I think Umbreon was one of the first I used though - it's pretty cool. :]

Both competitively and in-game though I haven't used it more than once or twice! It was super adorable so I kept it on my HG/SS team despite not having much use for it.

Cute but scary! I love Umbreon's design though I remember being scared to death of its red eyes as a kid. Other than that, I honestly think it has the coolest design out of all the eeveelutions next to Jolteon. The colour scheme, the look it gives off and a lot of other factors help it fit as a dark type perfectly too.

Looking at it from when I used it on my team in HG/SS, honestly I'd just say that it needs to be a bit more fun to use. It's adorable and has a cool type but for me, it's rather lacking. I guess it all comes down to what sort of pokemon people like using but I've never really liked using pokemon that don't pack as much damage. Personal preference though!

Other thoughts?

Don't know about you guys but half of the reason I love Umbreon is because it looks like a pet bunny rabbit. :D

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Umbreon

Never have, probably because it's not a great attacker honestly, but I would consider it nowadays.

I'm not a huge fan of it's shiny form, it just doesn't really do a whole lot for me.

It's awesome, the color scheme is perfect and the red eyes fit very well for it being a creature of the night.

What could make Umbreon a better pokemon? (Ex. what stats or abilities would be changed)

It could use a bit of an Attack or Special Attack boost. Yeah, it's supposed to be a wall, but I don't think it would hurt too much to bump it up to 80 base Attack/Sp. Attack.

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
    Years
  • Yes, Umbreon, finally. ^^
    My all time favorite pokemon. My Nyx has always been with me since the second gen, of course.

I love it's design and especially the shiny form which looks really beautiful, when it comes to in-game it's also just amazing, simply one of the best physical and special walls in the game.
    Not only that but with such moves as toxic, moonlight, protect and more it can be really annoying to deal with.
    tumblr_n2x02v4h5u1rmwag9o2_500.gif

Dedenne1

Years

551.png

Sandile
    Sandile, The Desert Croc Pokémon, They live buried in the sands of the desert. The sun-warmed sands prevent their body temperature from dropping.

Possible Questions:
    Isnt it the cutest dark type?
    Other thoughts?

Glad everyone liked Umbreon! Its quite an amazing pokemon and my third favorite Eevelution. I personally think its shiny form is better its definately more scary. If you haven't noticed we are switching to all evolutions thanks to several suggestions. So lets try it out, shall we?

Last edited:

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Sandile

Yes, I've used like several of them throughout runs of Pokemon Black, White, Black 2, and White 2, evolving them all to Krookodile each time and getting their levels in the 70's and 80's

Definitely its shiny form. :)

It's nice. I like how it's based on a lizard evolution line, but it also has black and brown stripes and its color gets darker as it evolves until it's completely red and black as a Krookodile.

OH YES IT IS, JUST LOOK AT DAT CUTE WITTLE SANDILE, LOOK AT YOU, LOOK AT-- OW, IT BIT ME!

Other thoughts?

Nope other than its abilities intimidate and moxie are both awesome. :)

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
    Years
  • I used Sandile only once in my white run, i believe... it did pretty well in my team, also had the moxie ability, so that was pretty awesome. ;)

Nonsense, Umbreon is the cutest dark type.

VillageofDragons

Years
  • I used Sandile only once in my white run, i believe... it did pretty well in my team, also had the moxie ability, so that was pretty awesome. ;)

Nonsense, Umbreon is the cutest dark type.

I don't know about that.... Umbreon versus Sandile as the cutest dark type is debatable, lol ;)....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back