• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Date me pls

Years
    Never dated tbh I just don't think i'm ready to be in an actual relationship, that's not to say im not attracted to people I go out and stuff but when they want to keep speaking to me I just freak out and either ignore them or say something mean so they'll back off.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I've never been in a serious relationship, so I don't really know what to do in one. I've never flirted with anyone, and even though I've had a couple people hit on me, I just ignored it. I'm focusing on myself right now, but I'm starting to come around to the idea of dating. Although, it's more along the lines of if it happens, cool, if not, then no worries.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I go up to her while she's on the swing, and put my gum in her hair. If she still doesn't get the hint, I pull it. And if she's still not getting it, I resort to spitballs.

I've never asked someone out on a date. I've been asked twice, and that's it. The hint is to talk about movies you want to watch, and just hope they wanna watch them to, and that they ask if they can do it at your place.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    There's this girl, who's been in my class for three years that I fancy. My friends want me to ask her out but, I can't really be bothered to ask her out as she would probably reject me. But I have started to think about just going for it and seeing what happens/

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    There's this girl, who's been in my class for three years that I fancy. My friends want me to ask her out but, I can't really be bothered to ask her out as she would probably reject me. But I have started to think about just going for it and seeing what happens/

Definitely go for it. Worst case scenario? You stay as you are and carry on as you are now. Best case scenario? You get a girlfriend and it's awesome! What is there to lose?

For me, the first girlfriend I had I met at school. We were friends for a long time, and something inside me knew I wanted to be with her. I asked her out, but she said no. But I kept trying. After about a year and four attempts asking her out, she finally said yes, and we proceeded to have a year and a half's worth of a perfect relationship (in my eyes anyway). I messed it up . Hey ho. Second person I met online, but she didn't feel it and it didn't go anyway at all really. Third was also online, but this time I didn't feel it and that was really awkward :/

Now I'm just sitting here pretty indifferent to any relationship ideas, but something fun and not serious would be welcome. But I'm likely not going to try looking online, I'll just meet people irl and see what happens. I've got plenty of time anyway, and I'm not really in a position in my life to dedicate full-time to anything, so yeah.

Schwarzer Regen

imagine my name in a fancy color/font, I'm just po
    Years
    So far the romantically related portion of my life has been a shipwreck; I've been cheated on, deceived for a year, ditched, ignored, abandoned, declared too immature/hyper/anything, yet after every time I managed to eradicate the thing that made me worse to have better chances next time until it's come to the point where the last desaster happened for no spoken reason at all and now I'm completely in a state of:
    Should I really bother another time with it and risk even more hurts and emotional stabs, or
    should I just give up and somehow try to live alone while simultaneously getting unhealthily jealous at literally everyone else in a relationship

>.<

Katchelina

"...I hope a gentle light of hope will remain."
    Years
    I have only been interested in guys who were already friends. No clue if any strangers have been interested, they don't usually ask and I would probably say no to immediately dating a stranger.
    Love needs to be allowed to start naturally and you need to be willing to end the relationship if it isn't working out or you cant see yourself staying with the person and being happy.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I once had an online date with someone I met in MSN. She came from Canada but moved to California and lived about 2 hours away from me, only to move once again to Ohio. We shared similar interests, but it didn't last long, because her parents had to take away her internet due to her low grades at school. Since then, I've been searching for someone to have a serious relationship with, both online or irl, but to no avail as they were either taken, not interested, or not my type. The only advice I could get for dating is from movies and television, as well as advice from one of my female Skype friends. I have considered going to an online dating app, but I'm too busy with college, so I can't join anymore websites to prevent distractions. I refuse to be forever alone and want a family of my own.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I think the best way to go about it is to make a tinder account and just show off you can prepare some mean turkey in your pictures.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    i date my friends. well, one friend and then my friend who happens to be that friends brother. and then the first friend again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
    I'm not the kind who'd want to date, because I get lonely so much and social anxiety always gets in my way.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    First: High school. He was a popular freshman kid, and I was a reject. Popular freshman kid had a lot of girly friends. I was lonely. I started to have a crush on popular freshman kid. All of high school went down to ****. Fell into a deep depression due to bullying. Popular freshman kid saved my life. Became best friends after that. Got together during senior year of high school, shortly became long distance. Dated for a year and a half. Broke up due to trust issues and jealousy.

Second: Purely online. We shared interests, became best friends for four years. Finally met irl earlier this year. Immediately dumped me after that.

Current: Met him at a Houston Bronies meet up at the Galleria. He noticed I had a 3DS and Smash, then started to proceed to talking about games and interests. Became really good friends after that. Ended up becoming a great supporter and a great friend after going through a horrific break up of relationship #2. Kept rejecting his "requests" of hanging out due to depression, but I rebounded and said yes. Best decision ever. <3

Usually, I let love find me. I like to be absolute friends with the person before I commit to a relationship. However, my previous two were long distance so I was purely used to the texting and the skyping and all that. With my current boyfriend, it's not long-distance, because he only lives 45 minutes from where I live, which is really new to me.

I was never interested in dating apps or all that crap.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    Most people I met while not looking. One I met at college, one I met during a game of Search and Destroy, etc. I tried online dating once to help get over someone and they were horrible. They kept trying to get me to do things on the first meet that I was definitely not ready for despite me making that clear. I think I have a much better chance finding someone right for me if I don't look. I think good places to look would be classes for something you have an interest in. Then you know for sure you already have something in common with everyone there.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Dates are fun, especially when you really click with the person you're on them with. I haven't always been too keen on the dating scene or relationships in general, mainly because I've always focussed on other things. Nowadays though I've expanded. With my minute extra time and increased freedom, I've met many new people. Which is always a good thing. Any I would consider going on a date with? Possibly!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I found my current gf at work.

I wasted a lot of time on online dating that didn't work out or really get past occasional texting.

Years
    I don't allow myself to date much, I can't trust my heart sometimes, lol. I just about fall for EVERY female. . I show interest, then a week or so later I stop being as enthusiastic about potentially dating them.

Tbh, I don't know how to go about dating I've never actually asked a girl ' out ' before, lmao. It just happens you spend so much quality time with people there's really no need to ask when it's obvious to you and everyone else. All the times I've dated we just started calling each other ' baby ' at a certain juncture and BAM ' Boi friend, Gir friend '.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I don't search for people. As a normal part of life I simply fall in love with people every so often, usually only friends I get close to. It's my general approach to love anyways; that it just happens when it will. I'm not going to go trawling bars or clubbing hoping to meet a special someone, I just do when I least expect it.

Zet

Years
    Usually meeting someone at school or the workplace. Sometimes online.

Though I haven't been trying to find love for a while now. I've been focusing on finishing my diploma, and now that I'm almost finished. I might consider trying to date again... just gotta find someone first.

Years
    Never been in the date kinda thing (social anxiety) and I absolutely hate parts of the scene anyways (bars, speed dating, night clubs, etc.)

So I haven't had a relationship since I was 17 - it was online and I felt the guy was gonna be controlling... I was a bit sad when we broke up, but I got over it pretty quickly.

Otherwise, I keep having crushes on guys I feel are out of my league, foreigners who're going back to their homelands within the year, or guys who don't reprocicateh. I've decided that I'll just let it fall from the sky. If it happens, it happens. If not, I'm still happy single.

Back