• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dating Sites/Apps?

Years
  • (posting in here versus T&I as I think it's more relevant to this section as it's ~lifestyle related tbh)
    Have you ever used a Dating website (e.g. OKCupid, PlentyOfFish, Match.com, etc.), or a 'Dating' App (e.g. Tinder, Grindr, etc.)?

I used to use Grindr. I met some really good friends on there. It's actually where I met my most recent boyfriend, and we've been dating about twenty-two months lol.

What sort of experiences did you have on said websites/apps?

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I haven't used any dating sites. I had a 6th grade teacher tell us that she found her fiancé on a similar site. He was a doctor. Lucky her. Ya should have seen the size of her ring.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Never used these kind of sites yet but I do see myself doing so in the near future, but mostly to meet friends.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    I've used them before, had two 7 or 8 month relationships come from them. They work pretty well if you're patient. If you're a female though, you get like a thousand messages a day, at least that what happened to my ex.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I used Tinder, but I stopped because I got pretty addicted to it. I deleted my account.

I mainly used it as a "hey these people think I'm good looking" book, but there were a few people who I contacted, or who contacted me.

Years
  • A couple of my friends have tried using Tinder. She kept mentioning how creepy the guys were, but that didn't stop her from continuing to use it. Though she was actually just toying with them apparently \: But I've never actually used them myself, neither the apps or websites because I perceive them as "hook-up" sites, even when real relationships do sometimes bloom; it's just not my thing, using them to find people.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Actually, I have, but it wasn't for me. It was supposed to help these fake friends of mine find girls to be with. However, I haven't been on one since then because I already have a boyfriend, so I have no need for them anymore. XD Most of the ones I used... I can't remember what was called. something fish? O_o but yeah.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I use Okcupid and Meetme and have been using them for years. Most of the people I end up meeting from both of them are just fwb. I've only had one relationship come out of dating sites and most of the time people just like my posts or view me but don't ever talk to me.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • One of my friends set me up an account on one of these dating site things (Tindr, maybe? idk), only he did it as a joke and i've never really used it.

I've no interest in them really. They're just not my scene.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    lol I use Tinder off and on and it's hilarious! I started out on it as a joke but it's kind of addicting after a little while. I lose interest fast now though so I'll go on it for two days and then not touch it again for a couple weeks. I only ever talked to one person on there that I truly wanted to meet, but I decided against it. Uhh it's not really a great app for dating if you're looking for a meaningful relationship as most people ask you to ♥♥♥♥ pretty quickly if not right away.

RedWarrior702

Returning to the community!
    Years
  • I don't personally know anyone who's joined a dating site or has met one through them, and neither have I, but it's fun to think about whether I would really meet someone that way.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I never used a dating site nor a dating app because of my limitation on how many websites I can join, since I'm a very busy student at college. I really wish I did have an account for one.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Oh Grindr is the best, I find creepy guys who want sex and won't so much as say hi to you before asking for it and then I pretend to be interested and mess with their head and send them to a car park somewhere ages away where I promise to meet them and then never do.

Nobody talks to me on there anymore though, I think I made them all mad

Years
  • I haven't used any like dating "sites" per say, but I have downloaded dating "apps" before. I've chatted with some pretty cool people, but nothing serious ever resulted from them. I just thought I would give some apps a try.

Sirfetch’d

Who needs dating sites when there are plenty of wonderfully geeky Pokémon women to chat up here on PC :D

I was also under the impression that PC was a dating site ;)

But to answer, no. Not to say that I don't have interest in doing so, but so far I just havent had the courage to try meeting anyone online haha.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • Used to use POF and Zoosk, but need a free site exclusively for INTERRACIAL dating... Gad to resort to using Craigslist for now.

Note: Every woman I have ever fallen for was black, which explains why the word "interracial" is in all caps. I'm white, if you didn't know...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've never used one, and I likely never will.. xD; I've heard their fun to mess around one. Like, make a fake profile just to screw with people, but other than that, they kinda turn me off. I don't like the idea of looking for someone to date through some weird internet search.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    The reputation of dating sites is somewhat tainted these days. I have no interest in ever using one.

Back