• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dating

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
    Like already stated by many, it depends on the person.

- How mature are they?
    - Can they handle the responsibility?
    - Who are they having a relationship with?
    etc

Honestly, it sickens me to see kids younger than 14 dating, but I've heard of one or two strong relationships happening younger than that and they're all still together. I think holding hands is fine, too. As long as I don't see 12 year-olds making out I won't be disgusted.

Also, I really don't think age should be a problem between two lovers imo. If one of them is 20 and the other is 30, whatever; not like they should be forbidden to date or like each other just because of the years they were born.

And, of course, sex should wait until marriage. I can't tell you how many sick stories I've heard involving pre-teens having it and leaving their bf/gfs for other people just to do it over again.

Username_9138

I think that like a lot of other people have said, it really depends on the person. If you're mature enough to handle a relationship, stable enough to get through anything emotional, know the responsibilities that come along with it and know what you're getting yourself into depending on the person, if you're 10 or 85 I don't care. I know a girl in my grade at school that has a boyfriend, and she seems totally happy with him. I don't see much of it, but she and I are friends enough for me to know that she's perfectly ready for a relationship.

I myself feel ready for a relationship, and I'm fourteen. I would like someone to be happy with, to let me be myself, to have fun with, and someone with whom I know is the trust and commitment that defines a strong relationship. Maybe I've passed him along a few times, maybe it's someone I've never met, I don't know. But what I do know is that when I meet whoever it is that I want to be with, I'll be ready whenever they are. And that's another thing--if someone feels ready isn't enough to actually be ready. What really makes someone ready is that they know that not everyone is going to be ready when they are.

If you're happy with someone and want to make a relationship out of it, go for it! Just know what all comes with having a bf/gf and be ready to face all of it alongside them.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Er, that doesn't make sense!
    Love is infinite. I know 20 year-olds who marry 30 year-olds. No such law exists.

Imagine a 28 not being able to fall in love with someone 21(Based on your law), tis has happened a LOT!

Like I said, love is infinite.

Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself

By that formula, the youngest age for someone who is 28 would be 21.

I just posted it because it's an old measure that's been used to determine if the age of your partner is socially acceptable.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    Social acceptability is stupid. Why do you need society to approve, accept, or whatever, of who you are with?

Lord V-Man

Casual modder
    Years
    The big question is what do you consider "a relationship". There is no age limit on being close friends. When I was 5 I already talked about marriage, because I thought that was something grown-ups do, there was no actual deeper meaning behind my words. I say the moment you actually (fully) comprehend what you are doing, then you're old enough to do so.

Back