• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Daycare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laharl

Overlord
Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    how do i get my pokemon in the daycare to like each other because i want to breed my jinx with a pokemon but it says they dont play together how do i get them to like eachother?

Tangela

I'M GONNA TANGLE YA!
    Years
  • It has to be with another jynx and it has to be opposite sexes. Even then theres only a chance they'll like each other.

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • Are you sure you have 1 male and 1 female? Did you make sure that both parents are in compatible egg groups?

Years
  • Jynx is always female, so you can't breed a Jynx with another Jynx. In order to breed, you'll have to have your female Jynx in the daycare with a male Pokémon from this egg group (in other words, like a male Abra or male Machoke or something like that). Leave them alone for a while and you'll probably get an egg.

Oh yeah, you could always just breed your Jynx with a Ditto if you have one.

Laharl

Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    so ditto or abra i have both? im using abra and it says they dont like each other

Last edited:

Tangela

I'M GONNA TANGLE YA!
    Years
  • so ditto or abra i have both? im using abra and it says they dont like each other
    tHEN DON'T USE THE ABRA. ONLY BREEDS IF THEY AT LEAST SEEM TO GET ALONG. [Sorry for caps i was halfway through writing that and i didnt feel like erasing.] Oh. and Ditto would prolly work.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The reason why you're experiencing that problem is because the Pokemon you're breeding may have the same ID numbers. If the Pokemon you're breeding have different ID numbers, the chances of you getting a Pokemon egg is higher. So that means you'll have to trade with someone for an appropriate partner for Jynx.

Laharl

Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    i got a alakazam (to borrow) from my brother he owns heart gold and it says they play with other pokemon but not each other so how long would i have to wait?
    the ids are now different

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Let's clear things up, as I see a lot of different answers.

Pokemon will only not breed if the message says they prefer the company of other pokemon or something along those lines which means thy're the same gender (lol) or in different egg groups. Any other message means they will breed - but the more positive the message, the better the chance you will get one sooner rather than later.

An egg can be produced every 256 steps taken, and the chance rate for an egg to be made depends on the messages as follows:

- 'The two don't seem to like each other - ~ 20% chance they make an egg every 256 steps: different species, same ID number.
    - 'The two seem to get along' - ~ 50% chance they make an egg every 256 steps: same species and same id number, or diff. species, diff. id number.
    - 'The two seem to get along very well ' - ~ 70% chance they make an egg every 256 steps: same species, different id number.

That's assuming they are in the same egg group though. Anyways that means with breeding jynx you can never get better than a 50% rate as they're always female and cannot hence breed with themselves.

Next time please ask questions in the Help thread sticky at the top of the section. Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back