• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DBZ Live action?

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
Years
  • Ok... over the years Ive heard of crrazy rumors but i just saw a very ligit lookin trailer for a live action Dbz movie on animecrazy.net. its uspposedly bein done by 20th century fox. any one got confirmations or reason to beleive it aint true?

jane18

O n e A n d O n l y!!
    Years
  • haha i saw a trailer of DBZ so far, i reckon it looks way different than i thought it would be, im pretty sure in australia its coming out next year not sure though?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I bet my college funds this thing will get reviews lower than hell.

If it's really been in production since 2002, they oughta have a lot of time in their hands... taking care of profit approximations.

I am not gonna watch it, I'm just gonna stay home and play Guitar Hero and see the look in my bro after he sees the movie.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • I don't think a movie can be in production for so long. It might not even be true since DBZ to my knowledge *which sucks* was cancelled.

EDIT: Yeah, my knowledge does suck. I've read a bit more about it. So it is true. But I still want to know why it has been so long. O_o

Last edited:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I skimmed through that Wiki article. Is it just me, or did that make the movie sound insanely stupid? For example:

Goku (Justin Chatwin) goes on a journey to find Master Roshi (Chow Yun-Fat) and gather the seven mystical Dragon Balls before the evil Lord Piccolo (James Marsters) can. Along his way, he meets Bulma (Emmy Rossum) who then joins him to help him in his mission. When arriving at Roshi's place, he is not welcomed with embrace but he has to fight Roshi. Roshi soon learns that Goku is the grandson of Gohan (Randall Duk Kim) and thus trains him to prepare him for the ultimate battle with Lord Piccolo to prevent him from collecting the powerful Dragon Balls.

and.

Justin Chatwin as Goku: A powerful warrior who protects the Earth from an endless stream of rogues bent on dominating the universe and controlling the mystical namesakes of the film.
    ...EXCUSE me?

Seriously though, when and IF a DBZ movie will EVER exist... I will totally go see it. Only in spite of me and my interests, and the fact that some of my friends really wanna see it. I can see the movie being extremely mellow-dramatic, which would make it worth a laugh~

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I don't think a movie can be in production for so long. It might not even be true since DBZ to my knowledge *which sucks* was cancelled.

EDIT: Yeah, my knowledge does suck. I've read a bit more about it. So it is true. But I still want to know why it has been so long. O_o

WTF

IT ENDED

Like twenty years ago (the manga), the anime wasn't cancelled, it ended, and then DragonBall GT was made trying to squeeze more money out of the franchise and sucked.

Gundam-Fighter

Look at the ickle Rhydon!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2009
    DBZ was good but this film will probably suck. No matter how much special effects you do you just can't make a live action DBZ. It's just too fast and otherworldly and the villains in the film will be either completely original and possibly suck or kill another ones reputation. Plus even if you can make it as fast and otherworldly as DBZ you can't get an old man to be as perverted as an anime character.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    DBZ was good but this film will probably suck. No matter how much special effects you do you just can't make a live action DBZ. It's just too fast and otherworldly and the villains in the film will be either completely original and possibly suck or kill another ones reputation. Plus even if you can make it as fast and otherworldly as DBZ you can't get an old man to be as perverted as an anime character.

Maybe perverted isn't the word you're looking for in this case :\.

Dragonball anime is still running in Mexico. So for the Mexshikans, this will be Suxshytan. And if they actually manage to make the effects realistic, I'm Chuck Norris.

Maybe if they had worked with Dreamworks, but for Fox, 3-D simply ain't their thing.

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
  • This movie is going to suck so hard and do Dragon Ball no justice at all.

Gonna have to agree with that assessment. I've seen some of the photos and little teaser clips and stuff...not impressing me much. Sad thing is I'd watch it regardless of how much I think it's gonna suck coz it's DBZ. Who knows, it may even turn out to be almost decent.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Well I've never seen the anime, and I doubt I'll see the film. But all series almost always suck outside of their original media....

Pokemon games > anime
    Animorphs books > TV show

That's just how it is, folks. Heh

Years
  • Seriously, this movie is going to have ratings on par with Meet the Spartans if not worse. I swear they're gonna screw up bigtime. There's no way an American live action rendition of a Japanese anime series can be any good...
    Chances are I'll only see it to see how much it sucks.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • I actually think it's going to be pretty solid. It looks like a pretty cool take on the art style of the anime and Justin Chatwin is no slouch. I'll see it, why not?

Years
  • Yes, it is true because it was officially stated and images of it were shown. But I saw what I hope ISNT the trailer....it sucks. Piccolo is WHITE for crying out load...O_0

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Pokemon games > anime
    Animorphs books > TV show

That's just how it is, folks. Heh

...iyo xD; There is life outside Pokemon, Avatar, and Animorphs~ Though Animorphs made me cry in the end [/LOL OFFTOPIC]

Dragonball GT was a joke. It ruined the series, they should have ended it like the ended FMA... where you have no idea what's going to happen, not have Pan (that's her name right?) be an old lady and EVERYONE else is dead. That's a horrible way to end a series, right next to killing everyone off like Evangelion.

Back