• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DDoS'rs are back..

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Why is "The PokéCommunity" getting constantly targeted by Distributed Denial of Service Attacks for? Someone must really hate Rukario and the server hosters.

Dan LegitTrading

Legit Trader
    Years
  • Can someone fill me in o_O

Glad i join and then notice the websites already under attack. who are they? Just goes to show they have nothing better to do in there lonely lives then this o_o

Isabelle

★ Emo Princess ★
    Years
  • Can someone fill me in o_O

Glad i join and then notice the websites already under attack. who are they? Just goes to show they have nothing better to do in there lonely lives then this o_o
    I guess they are the one who are trying to destroy the Community. Um. I think they are using some tools or codes or some programs. Hope i helped.

Years
  • If I remember correctly, it's been stated multiple times that it is not PC specifically that is under attack. Rather, it is the server PC is hosted on, along with hundreds of other sites, no doubt. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, any passing members who know for sure.

Dan LegitTrading

Legit Trader
    Years
  • If I remember correctly, it's been stated multiple times that it is not PC specifically that is under attack. Rather, it is the server PC is hosted on, along with hundreds of other sites, no doubt. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, any passing members who know for sure.

Hmmm, i just don't see how people get a kick out of this.

I remember i was on a little forum with a few 100 members, thats it.

and yet people wanted to hack it. Quite Pathetic really =/

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • It seem these ddos'rs are back at it again.. We're working, yet again, with our network techs to limit the attack but until its mitigated, PC will be slow and/or time out from time to time.

Please be patient during this madness.. don't keep refreshing the page every 10 secs... wait a minute or 2, then try again.

Stay tuned for more updates

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    It seems PC is running again... I had problems for about 2 hours trying to connect!
    But if this sends it means all is good

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Couldn't get on for more than four hours.

Just keep doing what you're doing, Rukario. You'll eventually get them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Why is "The PokéCommunity" getting constantly targeted by Distributed Denial of Service Attacks for? Someone must really hate Rukario and the server hosters.
    It's a Pokemon site. People consider it childish and otherwise not worth anyone's time, so they'd see our servers as expendable for their own enjoyment.
    If you're wondering what's enjoyable about a DDOS, it's that elating feeling one gets from being part of a large group acting towards a common goal.

Alec_

Years
  • Yesterday. I experience fullness of lags/slow progress. And it's probably done by DDoS'rs right?

~Fairytales.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I mean like do they harm people's PC's or such.

Well, depends if the DoS is intended for you, ;3.

No, they don't harm your actual computer in any shape or form. They just force you to spend your time doing something else besides PC, XD.

Anyways, were getting off-topic sort of, so yea...

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • OK EVERYONE, Another heads up:

It looks like our unfriendly little DDoS'rs are back at it again and our network techs had to step up the anti-DDoS settings.. A LOT of you will have slow page loads or time outs or even connection interrupted errors.. Not a lot we can do about this while the attackers are attacking.

Stand by for more updates as I get them (and IF I can post them)

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • They're baaaaaack!!

It looks like our unfriendly little DDoS'rs are back at it again and our network techs have re-enabled the Cisco Guard anti-DDoS box..

Again this means slower page loads or time outs / connection reset errors for some of you..

please bare with us as we work to mitigate this attack. *sigh*

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
    Years
  • So if hackers are behind all this server insanity, then...could they put viruses, keyloggers, and trojans on the site? Maybe steal Rukario's password?

If this is true, then isn't every single user on PC in danger?

I certainly don't want my account to be hacked!

Last edited:
    Back