• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dear Staff, please reply

Years
  • It's something I think we all need to work on. I think it is pretty rude to ignore others when they're trying to talk to you, for whatever reason.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • "I know this won't change anything but if any of you staff are reading this (most importantly the H-staff) go make your VMs public, and the next time somebody gives you a VM, go reply"

" if you browse their VMs they're constantly talking to other people when the person they ignored actually had a good conversation starter "

I use the Control Panel to respond to VMs. The User CP shows the 5 most recent VMs. I respond to these. The members respond almost immediately. So, I appear to be constantly talking to these same members while ignoring the 6th, 7th, 8th etc members. Any messages from last month (e.g. your VM from July!) and beyond are basically out of my reach. :P

When I do get around to bulldozing through my currently NINETY FIVE pending visitor messages, I may take a few HOURS to finish. I genuinely try to respond in a creative way in order to keep the discussion going. ^^;

Within 5 days, I kid you not, my visitor messages are back up to the 80s or 90s. I imagine most staff members are in my same situation, RIGHT???

Hopefully that shed some insight into how things are operating on the other side of the fence. Usually, you aren't being ignored. :B Please don't assume the worst in people. :3c

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I don't really notice this much. Whenever I drop a convo, it'll be either because I forgot to reply or because the convo was getting boring and I had nothing to say, and this is usually what i see from others. Do you ever think that you might be putting more emphasis on staff VMs because it's staff? I don't see why non-staff VMs aren't as important.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • TwilightBlade;bt69397 said:
    Within 5 days, I kid you not, my visitor messages are back up to the 80s or 90s. I imagine most staff members are in my same situation, RIGHT???

Wow. Way to just throw your immense popularity in our faces. How insensitive!

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • TwilightBlade;bt69397 said:
    "I know this won't change anything but if any of you staff are reading this (most importantly the H-staff) go make your VMs public, and the next time somebody gives you a VM, go reply"

" if you browse their VMs they're constantly talking to other people when the person they ignored actually had a good conversation starter "

I use the Control Panel to respond to VMs. The User CP shows the 5 most recent VMs. I respond to these. The members respond almost immediately. So, I appear to be constantly talking to these same members while ignoring the 6th, 7th, 8th etc members. Any messages from last month (e.g. your VM from July!) and beyond are basically out of my reach. :P

When I do get around to bulldozing through my currently NINETY FIVE pending visitor messages, I may take a few HOURS to finish. I genuinely try to respond in a creative way in order to keep the discussion going. ^^;

Hopefully that shed some insight into how things are operating on the other side of the fence. Usually, you aren't being ignored. :B Please don't assume the worst in people. :3c

Oh well I didn't even know you could check your VMs from your CP.

Back