• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Debate: Anime Toxicroak

Years
    As you may or may not have heard, there is a raging debate on whether the anime depicts Toxicroak in alternate colors normally. As you have seen, Saturn's Toxicroak is green, which is the shiny form of it. Ken Sugimori has art both similar to the shiny form, and to the regular form. There was another green colored Toxicroak seen in the Pokemon Stylist episode. So by now, people are thinking that a blue Toxicroak must be the anime's shiny, unlike in the games, where it is normal. But what people might now know, is that there is a seemingly blue Toxicroak appearing in the oppening of movie 11. I am unsure what to believe, but I would like for a discussion on whether Saturn's Toxicroak is a shiny, or if it is normal. So, post what you think, and all of the reasons behind it.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Ken Toxicroak and Shiny Toxicroak are nothing alike.

And if that's the case, then Saturn's Toxicroak MUST be shiny. At least in the anime. You know how the writers tweak up stuff.

And why is this being debated in the first place?

Years
    Because, it's still unclear whether it is truly shiny.
    Go look at Pokemon.com's Pokedex, that Toxicroak looks somewhat shiny.
    Well, it's not the Pokedex, but the TV Show List. Go to the Enter Galactic episode, and hit that. The Toxicroak there is shiny.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    No it's not shiny. It was debated when the episode first aired and it was agreed on that it was just lighting or something like that.

Years
    Well, with the official site's shiny Toxicroak, and the blue Toxicroak in Movie 11, it could still be shiny.
    Plus, little sparkles shoot out from it when it goes out (Not circling, but just in an explosion)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    1. He likely updates when he updates that section.

2. With that reasoning, it's like saying that Noctowl isn't shiny because he hasn't asked about it.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Ken Toxicroak and Shiny Toxicroak are nothing alike.

And if that's the case, then Saturn's Toxicroak MUST be shiny. At least in the anime. You know how the writers tweak up stuff.

And why is this being debated in the first place?

Ur an angry child... what did u get for Christmas? lol

On Topic. I think that it is shiny in the anime. Was it not the same toxicroak in the stylist episode?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I was very satisfied this Christmas, thank you. I'm not annoyed, I just don't see the point in debating something with a pretty obvious answer:

The writers are completely messed up.

Years
    No, those two Toxicroak were different. One belonged to a guitar dude, and the other one belongs to Mars.
    And there was that blue one in Giratina and the Sky Warrior.

Okay, if Ash's Noctowl isn't shiny, then why does it sparkle, and why are all of the other Noctowl different?
    The blue Toxicroak is like the different Noctowl, and the Toxicroak are like Ash's Noctowl.

Back