• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Debate: Anime Toxicroak

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yuo know what it may be Shiny it may not be, but I think in my opinion is that it just could be because int he game Toxicroak is the SAME color as croagunk...in the anime croagunk has the same color as the game...but Saturn's Croagunk has the shiny color...so it just may be a Shiny, but it wasn't put into much thought seeing as he is an enemy...

make sence?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Yuo know what it may be Shiny it may not be, but I think in my opinion is that it just could be because int he game Toxicroak is the SAME color as croagunk...in the anime croagunk has the same color as the game...but Saturn's Croagunk has the shiny color...so it just may be a Shiny, but it wasn't put into much thought seeing as he is an enemy...

make sence?

No it doesn't make sence. I only see the sense of it but only a fool would see the sence.

Saturn's Toxicroak is shiny, period. They're the enemies, they're stronger than Team Rocket. It makes sense that their Toxicroak is shiny. But not in game because... well, the writers. What else did you expect?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    No it doesn't make sence. I only see the sense of it but only a fool would see the sence.

Saturn's Toxicroak is shiny, period. They're the enemies, they're stronger than Team Rocket. It makes sense that their Toxicroak is shiny. But not in game because... well, the writers. What else did you expect?

srry...I meant

"make sense?"

lol

Vernikova

Banned
    Years

make sence?

I saw the pictures for the Galactic's charge and agree now. Their first introduction was too dark to see clearly.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I saw the pictures for the Galactic's charge and agree now. Their first introduction was too dark to see clearly.

Yep...I was doing quite a bit of research and looking htings up and I kinda came to this conclusion before posting that ealier thread...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Also, watch the Movie 11 Intro, you can see the blue Toxicroak, and then a Green Registeel (Off topic, but neat)

So r u saying that this toxicroak is shiny as well?

also(off topic, but my ost above was on topic) is there really a green registeel in the begining??? do u think u can post a pic of both toxicroak and registeel too?

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Ash's Gligar (and virtually every Gligar in existence in the anime) was pink, does that mean it's shiny?

No. This is a coloration issue and nothing else.

The movie thing is just to tie in with the games more, as the movies tend to have improved art, so I assume the usual anime Toxicroak was a miscoloration.

Besides, doesn't it not have the usual shiny glitter when it comes out of its Poke Ball (such as Ash's Noctowl)?

Years
    Saturn's Toxicroak had no stars when it appeared from its Poké Ball, indicating that it is not an alternately coloured Pokémon, and furthermore we have seen at least one other Toxicroak which is the same colour as Saturn's, strengthening the conclusion. It isn't 100%, but it's nearly certain.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Saturn's Toxicroak had no stars when it appeared from its Poké Ball, indicating that it is not an alternately coloured Pokémon, and furthermore we have seen at least one other Toxicroak which is the same colour as Saturn's, strengthening the conclusion. It isn't 100%, but it's nearly certain.

Actually in the new japanese opening from DP it does show the shiny stars so it is alternate.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    To be honest I only noticed it today. Im not sure if they did that the first time it was shown though but now it is officially shiny.

Years
    To be honest I only noticed it today. Im not sure if they did that the first time it was shown though but now it is officially shiny.

Actually, just to cast some doubt over that, here's a link to the third part of DP108. When Glion is sent out at 0:26 it has the same effect. I reckon it's some sort of default setting for the release of a Pokémon that's altered when one adds seals to a ball.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Actually, just to cast some doubt over that, here's a link to the third part of DP108. When Glion is sent out at 0:26 it has the same effect. I reckon it's some sort of default setting for the release of a Pokémon that's altered when one adds seals to a ball.

Well? Im not sure, even though this Laptops Youtube access is blocked so I did not see ur link video. Im still certain that the two anime ones are shiny.

Back