• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Delights with the Fifth-Generation thus far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

knook

Standing on the Sun
Years
  • Well, this is of course the thread that runs against the idea of the 'disappointments' thread! I feel we need to be far more positive about this game and what we can see in it.

So here we are, my friends, share your own personal delights with this generation and give this forum a more positive and hopeful feel.

-----------------

Personally I'm liking the new cities, when I was younger I was a massive fan of Pokémon but was somewhat indifferent to the games.

My main gripe was always that cities (in the games) didn't have the feeling of grandeur that we saw in the Animé series and it always turned me off the games a wee bit because I saw them as (yes, I know now that the games came first) untrue to what I believed to be Kanto.

Some of you may hate the new cities but I for one LOVE them, yes my friends, I love the new cities.

Now open up your hearts and tell me what you love

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • I love Tsutaja and his smugness.
    I also love what I'm seeing so far from Hiun City- It's so cool. :'D

Oh, and animated sprites = win

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    umm i haven't actually played the game as of yet (lol) so...

i suppose having another lizard grass is AWESOMEEEEEEE but it all depends on how it turns out to be.

FloatingClouds

Champion CSSer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2011
    Animated battleing sprites FTW!!!
    Nah, theyt just look so friggen awesome I wasz just like :) :D :P
    Its because I just always thought to myself " wtf is the pokemon just still and fire is coming from its head??

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
  • I love having a fire starter that I'll use again. :3 Chimchar's farting to keep the flame on its tail lit really turned me off to it. >__>; Made it feel kinda derpy to me. Something about the whole fire monkey thing didn't appeal to me, either.

But so far, I'm absolutely loving pretty much everything about gen V. I enjoy each and every starter, the new locations and graphics, the new main characters... This is gonna be wonderful.

- Tyros

knook

Standing on the Sun
    Years
  • Wow, It's so good to seem some positivity here!
    Yes, the new battling animations do look amazing and I'm actually quite excited to see some of the previous generation characters using them.

I'm loving the Fire-Starter too but it seems there's not much love for him.

allBlue

legendary cake lover
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    Its gonna be very well refreshing to play a brand new generation of pokemons. A lot of unknowns areas, pokemons to explore and encounter makes the game very exciting. Its been what...4 years since the last generation :D

knook

Standing on the Sun
    Years
  • Its gonna be very well refreshing to play a brand new generation of pokemons. A lot of unknowns areas, pokemons to explore and encounter makes the game very exciting. Its been what...4 years since the last generation :D

Gosh, has it really been so long?
    Well, that only excites me more, we can see how much technology has advanced since then :)

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
  • Oh yeah, the battle animations! I can't wait to see how nice all those look. It'd be awesome if they decided to make all the moves that hit with physical contact actually involve the Pokemon running forward and striking the other.

Of course, that'd take a lot of animation.

And as for Mr. Fire Pig's popularity... I'm pretty sure it's gonna change when its final form is revealed. I'm pretty positive that it's gonna be an amazingly hardcore boar with flames all down its back, and bursting from every joint.
    That's what I'm hoping for.

- Tyros

Bunny69

Serious Buisness
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    I the starters are FAN-FRICKEN-TASTIC.

Oh, and of course animated sprites.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    *subscribes to thread*
    finally a YAY for 5th Gen thread XD

---------

anyways i love the fully animated sprites, the awesome new camera angles, and i absolutely LOVE the new beginners far better than the sinnoh ones XD (minus water where piplup is clearly superior)

also the NYC = huinn is just plain awesome XD

allBlue

legendary cake lover
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    I'm also taking it as a glimpse of what they can potentially come up with for 3DS pokemon games. Imagine a full 3D environment sprites similar to final fantasy crystal chronicle/rune factories etc on DS. If this rocks on DS, then it'll rock even more on 3DS :)

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i really like the graphics. the citys look pretty awesome as well. i really really like the starters to i will have a slight issue with what one to start with. :/

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I have a feeling that Mijumaru is going to be my favorite starter of all time, I can't wait to own it! (I'm naming it Conch)

And I love Hiun City, the new battle system with the moving camera/sprites, and I love the picture with the railroad trains that you can walk along. Not to mention that beautiful street with the market and the building that can be entered horizontally. This game will be EPIC, almost too much to take in!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back