• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Delights with the Fifth-Generation thus far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
Years
  • I loved everything about the games until... those ghastly new pokemon!! (lulz pun)

I know its hard to judge them before we even know what they are but ughhh I dunno, something about them just seems weird. I've loved all the new pokemon so far (besides munna and gear) until these new ones were released today...

but I am willing to change my mind once proper pics of them come out + stats etc :)

Triple battles will be awesommme!!

Years
  • -All the starters, love them all :) I am fully torn about which to choose so I am going to wait for their evos
    -All new pokemon apart from Hihidaruma and Desukan.
    -Roller coaster gym, honey gym (assuming it's a gym)
    -Huin city
    -Isshu looks like it has some amazing variety
    -constantly animated sprites
    -pokemon moves/stats/etc. interface looks awesome
    -triple battles
    -the electrical cave
    -the forest
    -New Professor
    -new battle system (especially calling out pokemon)
    -Claw sharpen, gear saucer, wild bolt, night burst
    -Earthquake Spiral
    -Male trainer design
    -Pokemon appearing in wild animation (arriving from shadows :D)
    -Animation for getting in battle (warping kinda thing)
    -Sky arrow bridge

I think thats enough happiness for now :D

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    No. It's late beta, if not finished already.
    Two completely different phases in game development.

Oh look who is fighting me just to fight its none else then the Ravecat haha Wow isn't that weird.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Oh look who is fighting me just to fight its none else then the Ravecat haha Wow isn't that weird.

Funny, isn't that exactly what you did to Aoi in the other thread? Correcting him, weren't you?

alright, let's not fight though, this is just off-topic and stupid. Who cares whether it's in early alpha or mid-beta stage? All we need to know is it's not finished yet. If all else fails, let's just say they've got dodgy recording software, k?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Almost everything...just some very minor things which should change but i'll probably ignore 'em..so yeah.. i love it
    I agree with this post. Up until the new videos were released, I liked absolutely everything about the new generation. The thing that got me to start getting upset about it were the new Pokémon. I like the battle system - love it, actually, I like the way people move out of your way automatically when you're trying to go somewhere, I like the way dialogue works - with RPG style actually taking place and seeing the actions of the other character move their lips, I like the region map and how it generally feels, I've even grown to like the legendaries. The only thing I don't like are the new Pokémon just shown in the newest videos. They're so overdone, they don't even look like Pokémon, which I guess isn't really that good of a statement since I don't even know the look of a Pokémon anymore, and that's something that bothers me when others say it, so... I guess it's kind of hypocritical of me to say that. But they do look more like Yu-Gi-Oh cards than anything.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    The overworld graphics and the 3D elements are great. It looks like we'll be seeing a more expansive and high-detail world, which'll be great. Also the trainers and other characters look great. Tsutajari, Pokabu and the croc one look awesome.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I have not seen a single thing in the games which even touch my dislike.
    Oh, this, all the way. Every new piece of info we get excites me. I am greatly looking forward to these games, same as HeartGold/SoulSilver before them, and Platinum before them, and so on and so forth. I will be having fun with these games regardless of anybody else's petty complaints.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • I'm just happy that Pokemon has been around for this long, and that it is evolving itself.
    I mean,at this rate, for some reason i feel it'll outlive myself. O_O
    For me... i just like that they've done all this
    So, i like Every Aspect of Every New game.. who am i to hate on something that they worked on for a year or more =\
    i mean i'll admit that 4 of the new Pokemon revealed on Oha Suta kind of made me wince
    but to get over that I will use them a couple of times in Battle to see if they're really "bad" in a sense...

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Well, this generation, or what we've seen of it so far, looks awesome. I've liked almost everything I've seen. But all in all, my favorites would have to be the following:

The new graphics. Walking around Hiun's city streets is a breathtaking site. And I want to say that it's less the graphics themselves, even though they are phenomenal, and more the cinematic viewpoints and camera angles. Many have criticized the ever-changing perspective, but I personally see it only as a way to get me further sucked into the game. In other words, it makes everything more realistic, which I like.

Second delight, would have to be the new approach on battling, more specifically when with a wild pokemon. Sure, moving sprites are amazing, but my excitement from that has somewhat worn off. Something I noticed in a Pokemon Sunday Clip this week, is that when encountering a wild pokemon, the scene has changed. Since the very first generation, the dimmed pokemon has merely moved across the screen until in place, then it brightens. I've noticed that in this game, you start out with the camera zoomed in on the dimmed pokemon. It pans around, circling the pokemon about one quarter of the way. Then, it zooms out and the pokemon is brought to original brightness and it says "Wild whatsitsname has appeared!" It's a small change but really it's the little things that matter.

Overall the game is going to be amazing, I know it.

Years
  • I feel really double about Black and White...

I really love the looks of the new battles: The moving Pokés and moving camera really enhances battling. Some Pokémon are nice too. However, I am actually very dissapointed about a few things:
    - The region map: It isn't drawed in the same style as previous maps. Where are all the towns? I only see one big city and a lot of ruins and abstract buildings. The regions also isn't based on an existing place in Japan or the world. Gamefreak really missed a chance with Shikoku! The overall design of Isshu is besides that also very plain and boring.
    - Some Pokémon are really eyehurting ugly. As Patchisou Yutohru already mentioned: They look more like Yu-Gi-Oh or Beyblades that Pokémon. Other, however, look very good. Pokabu and the Thunder-zebra for example could be Kanto-Pokémon. They are very well designed. However, a lot of the new Pokémon are ugly.
    - Why did they merge the mart and Pokécentre? That wasn't neccesary. I guess we'll get used to it.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Jm20, this thread is about the positive feelings you have for the game not the negative ones, xP

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • ^ Welcome to Palantides!

I'm loving the changes. As I said in the Oha Suta thread, Pokémon has felt the same ol' same ol' for a bit long now. I love Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, but they've all had the same feel to them, with the same story-lines (more or less). Black and White look like they're going to be totally different, and that's a good thing - sure, if it ain't broke don't fix it, but to me it's more a case of rebooting a franchise that is in danger of going stale.
    I couldn't agree more. I love the Pokemon franchise and all, but after a while, it feels like you're playing the same game, but the area is different. Sure, the Pokemon are different too, but your strategies haven't changed. I like how they are trying to make this a more unique experience, instead of just making the same thing with a new face and a couple of tweaks.

XxRogueTrainerxX

Needs a better username
    Years
  • Some of the opinions I've seen have surprised me, most notably the ones referring to the designs of the new Pokémon. Honestly, I don't enjoy the new designs. They lack in creativity, but I don't believe they're running out of ideas. I specified this in the Oha Suta thread, but I'm saying it again.

As for the positives, I really enjoy the new battle animations. You can infer that the developers had a vision of making the battles more realistic. The quality is sharper and more refined. The only downside is that they kept the original backgrounds from Diamond and Pearl.

enderalex

Breeder/Trader :)
    Years
  • i dont like the new pokemon that were just revealed but i loooooove everything else, especially the animated scenes,3d buildings, and also the battle selection screen, idk why but i love it :p

Years
  • Only thing im not liking ish teh triple battle crap :3 I mean REALLY, i don't even really like double battling in-game (Not counting Wifi) because it's kinda suckish. o3o

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
  • Pokemon: I really like Smugleaf :3 It's just plain awesome. I like Shimama, the Plasma-bear one (unnamed) and Desukan.

Places: I LOVE all of the new locations.

Characters: I like the new characters designs. And the customization for WiFi option looks promising.

Years
  • I'm really liking the grtaphics update, And the 3D effects. They are simply AMAZING!

I'm also liking the Grass starter, Reshiram, Zoarark, the chinchilla, the electric zebra, and the electric tarantula. Those are pokemon I already like from generation 5.

I also like the rival.

Overall, my Delights severely outweigh the Disappointments.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back