• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dentists

Years
  • I'm sure that some of us has had a visit to the Doctor of De-I mean the Dentist.

So, what're your thoughts, your experiences, your pain?

...I won't say much, but I've personally had my teeth drilled to take of braces.

THERE WAS SMOKE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH

Years
  • Yeh, the dentist. What a wonderful experience that is /sarcasm.
    I am not bothered by it really though, I have been there enough haha.

When I was younger, my baby back tooth wasn't coming out, so I had to have it removed. Took 3 injections to numb my gums and then he just yanked it out. I was like O_O'.
    Luckily I couldn't feel anything by that point. I looked like a zombie in the way I was just dribbling because my mouth had no feeling! XD
    Was funny though after, I was like, LOOK /pokes mouth. NOTHING! XD​

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I liked my old dentists. They were nice and gentle and talked to me.
    My new dentists are not friendly and just get the job done as fast as possible and shoo me away. :<

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Ugh yeah...The dentist I had to put up with over the holiday was really really unfriendly. :/ I was like...maybe I should let 'em rot to rain on your parade. X3

And like every time I went there for any procedure...he'd be babbling away to his assistant and never once stop spouting dentistry data to say, "OK this means ____". Would have been nice if he had...I was bored out of my skull, and not being talked to really would have helped me cope with how ANNOYING all that work is, even if he did really numb me up good. x3

It was like I didn't exist! :<

I never did like the dentist anyways. Short of curing my pain, I honestly have no use for 'em. :<

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I'm not scared of dentists. I dunno why I should, actually. They're nice to me and all that. Oh, and my orthodontists also.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I'd had teeth pulled out cause they wouldn't fall out normally, part of that I look after my teeth. I don't mind going to the dentist.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Eh. Dentists. I'm supposed to be going to the Orthodontist every month, but that doesn't seem to be happening lately. So at this rate, I'm never getting these braces off.

Other than that though, I've had six teeth pulled out, as well as surgery on my gums in order to put a hook and chain on a tooth who has refused to come down. Simply put, I'm not afraid of the dentist.

Years
  • I haven't had a cavity since I was like..seven. But, I'm still terrified of the dentist because I had this absurdly rough dentist when I was a kid. D: Like, I was afraid to hold my mouth open, and he put this rubber mouth piece to keep it open so he could work on my mouth. And..he never wore gloves. D:

I stopped going there when I was eight, but now my dentist is like...ancient XD;
    I didn't go to the dentist from the beginning of freshman year til after I graduated high school, and all I had was minor plaque buildup. I try to keep it down with compulsive scrubbing, but sometimes it makes my gums bleed. D:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I hate my dentist, and I don't think he particularly likes me.

I went through a period when I was 13/14/15 of needing fillings every time I went. And he does this thing where he constantly tuts or says "oh dear, oh dear" whenever he inspects my teeth (They're really not that bad). Annoying prick.

Years
  • Omg I hate the dentist. Mainly because my dentist is a mean guy.

He's just so unfriendly. But even if he wasn't my dentist, I would still hate going there because of everything they do there.

Years
  • I'm really annoyed with my dentist, as a couple of years ago I had a dodgy tooth that he'd found after the half-year checkup and he said I had to have a filling - my first one ever and stuff, so I went and had the filling. Two months later the tooth fell out. IT WAS A MILK TOOTH.

Bloody penny pinching ass.
    He didn't even give me anastethic (how the hell is that even spelled?) and it really hurt ;o;

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In general, I'm not scared of dentists, but I didn't like my last visit because she had to remove the cement on my teeth with a small drill. I was afraid that she'd hit my tongue with it.

G-Man

disGRUNTled
    Years
  • I completely dislike them with a passion. Its like, every time I go in for something, no matter how well I take care of my teeth, they always criticize me. This wasn't a problem when I was a civilian, since I could just tell them to shut up and get away with it, but now that the dentists are Naval officers and I could get in trouble for the same behavior, it makes me hate them even more. I also hate the numbness in my mouth HOURS after leaving the office.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hate the dentist. Even when they're just cleaning my teeth, I always say "what's that? what are you doing now? will this hurt? am i gunna die? can you please just give me laughing gas?" and my feet kick around and I grip the chair handles tightly and just no. I hate the dentist.

I hit the doctor with a bear after my wisdom teeth were taken out because they woke me up. js.

Last edited:

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Huh. I went to the dentist today for my invisalign checkup. They're really friendly, but it was still pretty boring. I've never really been afraid or nervous of doctors in general.

Although when I first went for invisalign they had to use a drill thing to grind down my teeth so they could squeeze together easier during treatment...I did not like that. D:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't fear the dentist, but it's not exactly an experience I look forward to having. To me it's more of an inconvenience, albeit a sometimes painful one.

I do wish they'd go full anesthesia on you when they drill, instead of just numbing your mouth while you sit there wide awake hearing the drill grind into your enamel...

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • The Dentist is my worst enemy. Enough said.

I don't know, but when I was a child my mom took me to the dentist and put her hand into my mouth, and that's very traumatising for me. My mom's very sarcastic. <.<

The truth is, I have low pain tolerance and I'm scared that I might cry. And I'm 16.

Years
  • I used to be really scared of the dentist as a child of 6 or 7, I had probably more teeth pulled out than teeth that came out by themselves. *shivers*
    But, well, then I rarely saw him for a few years, until I got braces. That whole procedure took quite a while, but nothing of it was really painful. A little disgusting sometimes, yes, but that was it. Anyway, what I am meaning is that this calm period reduced my fear of the dentist a lot.
    Then, late 2010 or something, wisdom teeth. More like wisdoom teeth. But, eventually I got over the pain and can now live happily without fearing the dentist until in 40 years or so, when my teeth start getting bad. I have after, after failing it in my childhood and getting rewarded with having teeth pulled, got used to brush my teeth as often as possible, so they SHOULD last that long, shouldn't they?

Back