• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Deus Ex Machina OOC/Sign Up

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    DEUS EX MACHINA​
    Yeah, the title KIND OF makes sense. DEAL WITH IT, OKAY?!

This is an Other Roleplay RPG. I made the idea out of something me and a friend did by ourselves for fun, a long time ago.

Click here for the link to the plot and the RP thread.

SOME NOTES:
    This RP is rated PG-16 for violence, alcohol/drugs, possible language and very slight sexual situations. (You know, cause of chastity/lust.) Nothing too harsh for the language and sex thing tho.

Um, I suppose any warnings will be this will be kind of gory and there are *some* religious tones? With the sins/virtues/demons/nephilim thing... -shrug- It won't go to anything serious, though, so don't worry. I'm just saying this for... really... sensitive people? IDK.

Also, in this RP, nephilim are like... half angel types of things. That's kind of what they are in the first place, but in this the meaning doesn't follow the EXACT definition.

RULES:
    1) Good grammar. PLEASE.
    2) Make your characters realistic. While this is a fantasy world, I don't want insanely unrealistic characters frolicking about.
    3) No Gary Stus or Mary Sues. For everyone's sanity.
    4) No godmodding.
    5) No bunnying without permission.
    6) No sudden plot twists like ZOMG ZEN SAMUEL CAME FROM ZE VOCCLANO(HE WUZ IN DA VOCLANO BC HE IS WERD LOL) AND KILLS EVERYON!!!1SHIFTONE1...
    Unless you bring it up with me first.
    7) Um... Follow all forum rules?
    8) If you don't post within a week to two weeks without notifying me, I'll probably terminate your character.
    9) Don't make OOC posts on the RP. That's what this thread is for.
    10) No crossbreeds. Don't be a angel-demon hybrid. That... just... No.

---

THE FORM:
    You may NOT use bullet form, or lists. Paragraphs/proper sentence structure.

NAME:
    NATION: (just put sins/virtues/neutral since I still don't have names o-e)
    RACE: (eh, this is just something I'm adding. You can be human, but if you want to be nephilim or a demon... it's fine. just don't go crazy about it. Demons = sin nation, nephilim = virtues.)
    BALANCE CONTROL OF: (sin/virtue/other here)
    PHYSICAL APPEARANCE:
    CLOTHES:
    PERSONALITY:
    POWERS: (optional. don't go too crazy. try to make it correspond with how you deal with controlling your sin/virtue/etc of choice. for example, terrakinesis and something like... greed. how would that work? if you can think of something, tell me.)
    WEAPON: (optional)
    FIGHTING STYLE:
    HISTORY:
    OTHER:

----
    RESERVED/TAKEN CONTROLS:
    - LUST [me]
    - CHARITY [me]
    - LOVE [possibly taken by Oathkeeper(:]
    - HATE [ichiro, too lazy to copypasta your PC name :'D]
    - PEACE [tux]
    - BALANCE [tux]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    WOO. THIS IS POSTED.
    So, I'm reserving this post for my character forms...
    And totally bumping this baby up.
    *raises glass*
    Here's to hoping this doesn't completely bomb...

KSO, MY FORMS:

UNFINISHED.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • *High-fives Cas*

I'm assuming this is your 'sins, morals and stuff' RPG you were talking about a while back? I haven't checked the story yet, but I will. Although, making an RP about morals will be difficult since no-one has any now-a-days... :D

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    WOO. GRIF :'D
    Hope to see you joining. No pressure. *hides gun*
    But yes, this is what I mentioned to you.
    & agreed. q: Though I suppose someone controlling a sin who isn't anything close to a saint would call for something interesting?
    Maybe it's just me. :O

Anywho, adding taken/reserved balance...controls.

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    *opens the coffin and steps out*
    Not quite dead yet. I do have a bit of work to do though and I will be hopefully able to join in about a week.

GrifSpark

Years
  • *High fives Tux*

Hey, it's like a reunion! (I say reunion, but really our last known meet was GothamCity. Not a century ago...) Now all we need is Ichiro, Raikiri and MichaelaTheUchiha, and we've got a party! Anyway, I have one question. Are the balance powers abilities based on Sins, etc? It's a little confusing. (Well, probably. I confuse easily...)

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    What do you mean?
    I think I was a bit confusing.
    Do you mean the balance controls...? It doesn't have to be a sin or a virtue... It can be like, hate.
    If you mean powers, like telekinesis & whatnot, I'd like for it to tie in with your balance control and/or how you deal with balancing.
    I'm gonna post what I have of one of my characters so you can kind of see what I mean?

GrifSpark

Years
  • Ok, that'll help a lot. Probably... I can't tell the future! (Or can I?)
    I really should think of something more important to add into my posts shouldn't I? Oh well, it's the only way to find out anything.

Tuxedo Clank

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    I haven't abandoned it. I have a lot of work to do and besides, neither of my characters have anything to do at the moment. Mancer appears to have died so I will probably have to make Ghost do something in a bit. Matt is unconcious which is your fault. My behind the scenes character hasn't made a major appearance yet.

Sorry Ichiro, I haven't got a lot to do at the moment.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Cas, my SU will take sometime, my Laptop packed a fit on me and committed Harakiri, so its dead. along with most of my stuff.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    haha, it's cool ichiro. still gotta coax kit&bubbles into reserving something.

also grif&tux, if you guys plan on joining, any reservations you want me to make?

GrifSpark

Years
  • This RP is still bewilderingly over complicated to me. Not the story line, but I'm still trying to get to grips with the whole powers thing. I've been in a really random state of mind lately, so it's probably just me. Let me run through the story once more... hopefully it'll shine some light on the situation...

Here's just an example, just to make sure I'm understanding this.

Say, for example, a certain person in this universe revolved around the emotion of anger. The element of fire is often associated with anger due to its destructive and recklessness. So would it make sense for those two to interwine?

Tuxedo Clank

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    I suppose I would like to reserve a couple spots...lets call it Peace (I got an ability that I want to remove the rust from for this) and Balance (you know what is going for this one) for now.

SU's, being filled in in spoilers...

James (In Progress)
    Spoiler:

(Unstarted)
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Incidentally, has anyone else noticed that the RP part of this has vanished from ORP? Is it just me or has it actually been removed?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    This RP is still bewilderingly over complicated to me. Not the story line, but I'm still trying to get to grips with the whole powers thing. I've been in a really random state of mind lately, so it's probably just me. Let me run through the story once more... hopefully it'll shine some light on the situation...

Here's just an example, just to make sure I'm understanding this.

Say, for example, a certain person in this universe revolved around the emotion of anger. The element of fire is often associated with anger due to its destructive and recklessness. So would it make sense for those two to interwine?

yes, it would.

I suppose I would like to reserve a couple spots...lets call it Peace (I got an ability that I want to remove the rust from for this) and Balance (you know what is going for this one) for now.

SU's, being filled in in spoilers...

James (In Progress)
    Spoiler:

(Unstarted)
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Incidentally, has anyone else noticed that the RP part of this has vanished from ORP? Is it just me or has it actually been removed?

i think i know what you mean by balance, but mind dropping me a PM so i know for certain? anyhow, reserved for peace.
    also, there's a date cut off for ORP. default is ~one month. if you change it to, say, "show all threads from the beginning" you would be able to see it.

Oh damn! I totally forgot about this Cas,swamped with work, ill get an SU done as soon as i can. sorry!

no problem. take your time...
    but not too much! :D

Back