• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Deus Ex Machina [PG-16]

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    DEUS EX MACHINA​
    (yeah, the title makes sense. don't question me! ... i couldn't think of anything else.)

This is the link to the OOC/SU/Discussion Thread.

In a world almost completely destroyed by the perils of a holy war, a chosen few have been called upon to keep things in balance.

The war began two decades ago. The match that ignited the flame was nothing more than sibling rivalry. Two nephilim brothers, the youngest and eldest, descendants of the world ruler, never quite got along. Perhaps it was the confliction of their elemental powers. The middle sibling was neutral to both brothers, getting along with them fine. When their father passed, the heir to the throne was the eldest, and to the people's misfortune: the wickedest. He, called Jerome, was a terribly cruel man; not a people person and certainly not conscious of his people's wants. His elemental control was of fire, and many feared him. The youngest, named Samuel, a hydrokinetic, strongly disagreed with his brother, and tried to overthrow him. He failed. They separated into two countries then, those willing and brave and fed up with Jerome followed Samuel. Those who were too afraid, or even the select bunch that were infact loyal to Jerome, stayed behind.

The middle brother, Alexander, was torn. How could he choose between two brothers? In his anguish, his powers of terrakinesis went berserk. The land split into three pieces, and each brother ruled one land. Both Jerome and Samuel turned against Alexander, and the war began. Alexander stayed neutral, only fighting if he had to. Jerome and Samuel's war raged on, however, a battle of, from an outsider's point of view, good and evil. Over time the fighting simmered down, leaving a world of chaos.

Which leads us to where we are today. Jerome's land is mostly full of sinners, almost demonic beings, cynical and morbid. Samuel's land, is quite the opposite. People of faith, generally kind and caring, very virtuous. Alexander's... well, to be blunt, it's hardly populated. But the people range from being treacherous to charitable, or some inbetweeners. While it isn't a perfect balance, it's a small land and it's content; it's quite like the once ruler: neutral.

An unknown force called upon people of the lands through a dream, telling them of their supposed 'destiny.' It was very vague, and didn't tell them exactly what to do. So they deciphered it themselves. Some developed abilities that allowed them to complete their duties. Some didn't use any forces, just used their personality and mind to do what they had to. And with these people rapidly popping up from all over, personalities strongly contrasting, some may get a little power-crazy, a little too hooked on their destiny... Or maybe something even worse.

---
    HOW DOES THIS WORK?
    Well, basically, you can be from the land of neutrality, the land of sins, or the land of virtues. I'll come up with real names eventually. You decide how your character restores balance. For instance, this force may have called upon someone from [land of sins], and was like, hey, don't you think the gluttony of this world isn't right? Let's say the person from the land of sins is a bit eccentric and violent. So, he finds a "charge." This charge is too gluttonous. So, landofsins!ChosenOne manipulates his charge to indulge himself to his death-- or less horridly, getting someone who is not as gluttonous to give into temptations a bit. In his mind, there's one less overly gluttonous person (and I promise I will stop using that word) and someone who is balanced right.

While on the other hand, that force might have called upon the [land of virtues] and told them how the temperance in the world is offbalance. This person may go to someone who has no self control, and enlighten them on the dangers, using peace and whatnot to get them to change their mindset. Or they may do the opposite to someone who has too much temperance, and peacefully talk to them into living a little.

Though, I won't just limit this to virtues and sins. You could have someone do the balance of love, or the balance of hate, for example.

As for character rules...
    There CAN be two characters, controlling the self-control of people, like as I said above. But we can't have two people doing the *exact* same thing. So, there can't be two people for gluttony, but there can be one person for gluttony, and one person for temperance. Make sense? So, the rules for everything will be on the OOC thread, paired with a list of taken 'balance control' things.

Last edited:
    Back