• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • 2GB on a phone does seem rather fast..and this is coming from the person whose phone only has 512 MB of RAM. :P

Yeah, 2 is pretty fast on a phone. Some have been rocking 3 as of late, like the aforementioned Oneplus and the LG G3. Not sure about the S5, but I'm pretty sure it does.

I don't remember you mentioning what phone you had. Which one are you rocking again?

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    I'm having a problem deciding between a Sony Xperia Z2, HTC One and LG G3. I currently have an Xperia Z1, and I'm contemplating the possibility of upgrading to a Z2. It is an excellent phone (bar the extremely poor speakers, something I hope they fixed in Z2). However, my friend recently bought a LG G3 and he says he's having a great experience using it. HTC One is far from my list having not used the brand once. I just heard very good reviews about it.

What do you guys recommend? Money isn't exactly an issue so any help is appreciated.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I just got an S5 the other day but my second choice was the HTC One. My boyfriend just got a G3 and he's addicted to it and highly recommends it.

I love my S5 so far though! I just wish it had the metal back like the HTC or that AT&T offered it in blue.

Years
  • I'm having a problem deciding between a Sony Xperia Z2, HTC One and LG G3. I currently have an Xperia Z1, and I'm contemplating the possibility of upgrading to a Z2. It is an excellent phone (bar the extremely poor speakers, something I hope they fixed in Z2). However, my friend recently bought a LG G3 and he says he's having a great experience using it. HTC One is far from my list having not used the brand once. I just heard very good reviews about it.

What do you guys recommend? Money isn't exactly an issue so any help is appreciated.

Mmm...honestly it's a tie between the Z2 and the LG G3 on my end. They're kinda the same besides the G3 having a slightly better processor, but I'm not sure if specs matter to you like that. I think this comes down to a matter of preference between these two since both are good choices.

You can use this as a rough guide if specs and whatnot matter: https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6144&idPhone2=6294

I just got an S5 the other day but my second choice was the HTC One. My boyfriend just got a G3 and he's addicted to it and highly recommends it.

I love my S5 so far though! I just wish it had the metal back like the HTC or that AT&T offered it in blue.

I would love the S5 so much if it didn't come with so much bloat. But I guess that doesn't matter since devs support it so hard lol.

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    Mmm...honestly it's a tie between the Z2 and the LG G3 on my end. They're kinda the same besides the G3 having a slightly better processor, but I'm not sure if specs matter to you like that. I think this comes down to a matter of preference between these two since both are good choices.

You can use this as a rough guide if specs and whatnot matter: https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6144&idPhone2=6294

I would love the S5 so much if it didn't come with so much bloat. But I guess that doesn't matter since devs support it so hard lol.

Thanks for the link. Z2 edges the G3 in some areas, but they both look similar. The Z1 promised a 20.7 MP but it didn't seem as such. Same with the battery life.

I ordered both the Z2 and G3; I will try them each for a week or so and then choose based on what I feel most comfortable with. I will give the other to my little brother, who also wanted a phone for himself.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Well if you can afford a Z2, I would suggest waiting for the Z3. Apparently the specs are mostly the same, but it has an extra gig of ram, and the design is much more rounded apparently. Oh and the Z2 has issues, not sure if they ironed em out yet. The G3 is fine, but despite its specs the qHD screen uses a lot of battery to maintain itself, and the processing power goes to it as well.

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    Well if you can afford a Z2, I would suggest waiting for the Z3. Apparently the specs are mostly the same, but it has an extra gig of ram, and the design is much more rounded apparently. Oh and the Z2 has issues, not sure if they ironed em out yet. The G3 is fine, but despite its specs the qHD screen uses a lot of battery to maintain itself, and the processing power goes to it as well.

Is there an announcement date for the Z3 or is it just speculation so far? 4 GB of RAM on a phone would be incredible tbh (since Z2 and LG G3 have 3). I guess I will stick to either the Z2 or G3 for now (since I ordered them and they should arrive today), and just trade it in when the Z3 is released. My Z1 has been lagging quite a bit for some reason. The camera and random applications crash a lot as well.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Ha, I never fill up my phone because I keep my music separate and I don't watch videos so I never have to worry about too much stuff from the OS on my phone. I'm a bit weird in that regard. I'm just happy that it's way faster than my S3 was and that it has a nice camera.

Years
  • Thanks for the link. Z2 edges the G3 in some areas, but they both look similar. The Z1 promised a 20.7 MP but it didn't seem as such. Same with the battery life.

I ordered both the Z2 and G3; I will try them each for a week or so and then choose based on what I feel most comfortable with. I will give the other to my little brother, who also wanted a phone for himself.

No problem man. Let me know which one you choose!

I own a Nokia Lumia 520.
    Developers, developers, developers, developers
    It's not exactly a good phone for apps since it's Windows Phone, but I also rarely use it for apps as well.

Well it isn't bad for the price. I suppose you could do a lot worse, like a budget boost mobile flip phone or something.

Ha, I never fill up my phone because I keep my music separate and I don't watch videos so I never have to worry about too much stuff from the OS on my phone. I'm a bit weird in that regard. I'm just happy that it's way faster than my S3 was and that it has a nice camera.

Oh yeah, most definitely. The S5 is a very powerful phone. It almost makes me angry how strong it is on the specs table.

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    No problem man. Let me know which one you choose!

So, both phones arrived but I don't have access to them until I return home. My brother told me he liked the G3's design better (I don't know if he is angling to get the Z2 though). So I will have to wait. He took some pictures with both. The Z2 definitely was an improved to the Z1 (although both had the same camera resolution). So it seems this problem was ironed out.

I also want to buy a Samsung Note 3. Do I, or should I wait for Note 4? The Note 3 is cheap where I am at so I can get that but the Note 4 has been announced.

Years
  • So, both phones arrived but I don't have access to them until I return home. My brother told me he liked the G3's design better (I don't know if he is angling to get the Z2 though). So I will have to wait. He took some pictures with both. The Z2 definitely was an improved to the Z1 (although both had the same camera resolution). So it seems this problem was ironed out.

I also want to buy a Samsung Note 3. Do I, or should I wait for Note 4? The Note 3 is cheap where I am at so I can get that but the Note 4 has been announced.

Well, the Note 4's specs got announced recently and it seems a lot stronger than the 3, so if you want to wait, you'd get a better package. But if the Note 3 is cheap enough, it wouldn't be bad to have. Again, if you don't care for specs (Forgive me for using the specs as a deal maker, after the 3GS let me down this got ingrained into my skull), I'd just nab the Note 3 since it's cheaper.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • is the note 4 going to be another inch wider or...? /shot

As much as I'm drooling over it, I'm personally not much of an Android fan anymore as I was before. Maybe my mind is going coo-koo for Apple now. But the other day when I was texting Shining Armour about Windows phone, I wouldn't mind giving it a try. Windows Phone is the only set of phones that I've yet to dabble on, and I haven't done so because I'm not impressed with the amount of apps. But I've heard good reviews on the latest Lumia, and Cortana...so that's something to think about at least.

Years
  • Windows Phone would be very excellent if app developers woke up and started developing for it. Lack of apps is pretty much the only thing that's preventing Windows Phone from lifting off the ground like iOS and Android if you ask me.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Speaking of Windows Phones, I wonder how amazing the M8 with Windows is going to be. And Mathew, no there is no announcement, but all the specs are mostly confirmed, various shots of the phone have come out, and its 3 gigs, not 4. The Z2 has only 2.

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    Speaking of Windows Phones, I wonder how amazing the M8 with Windows is going to be. And Mathew, no there is no announcement, but all the specs are mostly confirmed, various shots of the phone have come out, and its 3 gigs, not 4. The Z2 has only 2.

https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z2-6144.php

This says the Z2 has 3 GB RAM though. Are they mistaken?

Anyone heard about the Huawei phones? I think they are Chinese, and the Honor 6 looks quite amazing in terms of specs and general look. They are going to be released world wide soon.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z2-6144.php

This says the Z2 has 3 GB RAM though. Are they mistaken?

Anyone heard about the Huawei phones? I think they are Chinese, and the Honor 6 looks quite amazing in terms of specs and general look. They are going to be released world wide soon.
    I made the mistake on the specs, so yeah its basically the same. Sucks that Sony is trying to jip the loyalists, cause that's the only way to justify this move. The Z3 compact on the other hand now that's an upgrade. 4.5 screen from the Z1Cs 4.3 and an extra gig of ram. As for Huawei, I personally love the brand. Bit underpowered for their asking prices, but the phone design is excellent, and the emotion UI is phenonemal. Having an iOS style interface on android is a dream.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Having an iOS style interface on android is a dream.
    Maybe I've been looking at the wrong EmotionUI, but its more Android than iOS. I could see what your pointing at when you say iOS though, Miui 6 still takes the cake.

Speaking of new and rumoured phone releases, why is no one talking about Motorola? Moto X+1, Moto G2, Moto S, Moto X-Play, Droid Turbo, then the 360 and the headset. So glad I get to experience the event first hand.

Honestly since buying the Moto X specs hardly make a dent to me anymore, its the software that attracts me now. Well specs matter if their absolute crap, but I don't care for the 3/4 gigs RAM Quad HD 5Million QHZ.

Years
  • Maybe I've been looking at the wrong EmotionUI, but its more Android than iOS. I could see what your pointing at when you say iOS though, Miui 6 still takes the cake.

I haven't tried Miui yet. I probably should one of these days.

On an unrelated topic, Zach, I was kinda bored so I was thinking of writing up a small guide to ricing/customizing iOS, Windows and Android for our tech board. What say you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back