• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've got a question, guys. My Android phone seems to randomly shut down whenever I send calls while it's plugged into the charger, without any warning at all. It's not much of a huge deal, but it could be sort of annoying at times (especially since it winds up ruining momentum of the conversation and whatnot), so I was wondering, is there anything I could do to possibly fix?

I don't want to take it to any repair shop right now, but if I'm able to resolve the issue with some changes only to the software, that would be great! I've tried restoring it to default factory settings a while back, but that didn't help. Well, it did stop the issue for a while, actually, but it that's it; it was only for a short amount of time.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • I've got a question, guys. My Android phone seems to randomly shut down whenever I send calls while it's plugged into the charger, without any warning at all. It's not much of a huge deal, but it could be sort of annoying at times (especially since it winds up ruining momentum of the conversation and whatnot), so I was wondering, is there anything I could do to possibly fix?

I don't want to take it to any repair shop right now, but if I'm able to resolve the issue with some changes only to the software, that would be great! I've tried restoring it to default factory settings a while back, but that didn't help. Well, it did stop the issue for a while, actually, but it that's it; it was only for a short amount of time.

That's very strange.
    It must be a hardware issue; do you know anyone who can repair phones?

Years
  • That's very strange.
    It must be a hardware issue; do you know anyone who can repair phones?
    I'm going to second this as well.

Did you also perhaps try to root it as well and load a custom ROM to see if it's software? If it still happens even on a non-stock ROM, then it's most definitely hardware-related.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I've got a question, guys. My Android phone seems to randomly shut down whenever I send calls while it's plugged into the charger, without any warning at all. It's not much of a huge deal, but it could be sort of annoying at times (especially since it winds up ruining momentum of the conversation and whatnot), so I was wondering, is there anything I could do to possibly fix?

If something happens when you make use of a hardware feature while another hardware "feature" is being used (in this case, charging), I'm going to tell you only this: service that phone ASAP. Something's wedged.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Okay, question. I am logged in on my phone to my gmail account. Said G-Mail account is needed to login in to youtube(why the hell youtube doesn't allow me to auto log is a question I have yet to find an answer, considering how the stock browser does, and so does play, and gmail itself). Problem is in the fact that I do not remember the password I have. Said gmail account does not let me use the damn password change as I need to be offline 3 days, which is to say the least impossible, as, if I remove said account, nothing on the phone will work. Do I just create a new one to use as a dummy for the phone over those 3 days, or is there something I can actually do?

Years
  • I've got a question, guys. My Android phone seems to randomly shut down whenever I send calls while it's plugged into the charger, without any warning at all. It's not much of a huge deal, but it could be sort of annoying at times (especially since it winds up ruining momentum of the conversation and whatnot), so I was wondering, is there anything I could do to possibly fix?

Is that charger the default charger? If not, that might be the cause of your problems.

Unrelated, Mobile Chrome looks uh...really damn snazzy now.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Opera Mini for Windows Phone is like a throwback to me using an Android phone. dat interface

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Ugh. I don't want to start anything, but that Apple Watch is ridiculous. The design is atrocious, and whatever looks good in the press material is seriously touched up. The gunmetal one for example has a horrible plastic gloss to it, and is not matte or at the least satin. And lets not get started on that ridiculous price. I am deeply saddened by the current affairs of the tech world, hopefully the masses won't flee to it en masse. LG Watch R or the Moto 360 deserve attention. As for the iPhone 6, eh. Nice specs, but that awful, AWFUL design coming from the 5 is too much. And why the hell are their iPhone for life programs coming out from mobile carriers? Are the American masses so used to having an iPhone that they would contractually bind themselves to one company for decades? What kind of madness is going on!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Ugh. I don't want to start anything, but that Apple Watch is ridiculous. The design is atrocious, and whatever looks good in the press material is seriously touched up. The gunmetal one for example has a horrible plastic gloss to it, and is not matte or at the least satin. And lets not get started on that ridiculous price. I am deeply saddened by the current affairs of the tech world, hopefully the masses won't flee to it en masse. LG Watch R or the Moto 360 deserve attention. As for the iPhone 6, eh. Nice specs, but that awful, AWFUL design coming from the 5 is too much. And why the hell are their iPhone for life programs coming out from mobile carriers? Are the American masses so used to having an iPhone that they would contractually bind themselves to one company for decades? What kind of madness is going on!

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Ugh. I don't want to start anything, but that Apple Watch is ridiculous. The design is atrocious, and whatever looks good in the press material is seriously touched up. The gunmetal one for example has a horrible plastic gloss to it, and is not matte or at the least satin. And lets not get started on that ridiculous price. I am deeply saddened by the current affairs of the tech world, hopefully the masses won't flee to it en masse. LG Watch R or the Moto 360 deserve attention. As for the iPhone 6, eh. Nice specs, but that awful, AWFUL design coming from the 5 is too much. And why the hell are their iPhone for life programs coming out from mobile carriers? Are the American masses so used to having an iPhone that they would contractually bind themselves to one company for decades? What kind of madness is going on!

I actually like the iPhone 5 design a lot (definitely less worried compared to dropping your phone and realising that your phone has a full glass back), but the iPhone 6 "antenna" breaks are hideous.

As for the Apple Watch, the design isn't what I've expected, but that digital crown looks rather awesome. I don't really see myself buying it (I don't think I'll even get a smartwatch at all), but I'll have to admit that there's a fair amount of innovation under the hood.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • I literally predicted the iPhone 6's resolution, screen size, ppi, and battery size in like July (Y)
    I'm not too surprised that Apple has the larger variant; the demand discrepancy between small v. large screens kinda forced their hand on this one

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I literally predicted the iPhone 6's resolution, screen size, ppi, and battery size in like July (Y)
    I'm not too surprised that Apple has the larger variant; the demand discrepancy between small v. large screens kinda forced their hand on this one

I didn't expect Apple to adopt a mainstream 1080p resolution on the 6 Plus.

Really loved the "one more thing" moment...

Years
  • I do have to give Apple credit for not being last in going more flat in terms of UI and general design, though. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back