• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
Years
Well, just finished a motherboard/CPU upgrade on my main rig. New specs:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($113.94 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($55.67 @ Amazon)
Storage: OCZ Vertex 60GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($114.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Scorpio Blue 160GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.95 @ Mwave)
Storage: Seagate Pipeline HD 500GB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.95 @ Mwave)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7750 1GB Video Card ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX12V Power Supply ($36.23 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Asus DVD-E818AAT/BLK/B/GEN DVD/CD Drive ($21.99 @ Mwave)
Total: $660.69
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-24 18:04 EDT-0400)

Not bad for the price, if I do say so myself. OS X Mavericks is running on the SSD and the 500GB, while Windows 8 is running on the 160GB purely for gaming purposes. Quite happy as this is the first combo gamer/hackintosh I've had in quite a while.

Years
Hmm this was weird but a few moments ago my desktop just suddenly decided to freeze up and I had to hard-boot it just to get it moving again :/

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Hmm this was weird but a few moments ago my desktop just suddenly decided to freeze up and I had to hard-boot it just to get it moving again :/

How long has it been on? Sometimes even computers just need a short break.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years

I was having it on my desktop some months ago, and it was freezing even when opening some start-up programs like antivirus. In my case, my PC is finally working like it used to when the harddisk of my PC is plugged out, and later plugged in again (with carefully), along with some cleaning on my PC's inside (it was full of dusts).

Years
"Circuits"... College has made me hate this word. If I was a Comp E major, I'd be on the verge of suicide. (maybe not)

Edit: THANK YOU ZACH.

Last edited:
Years
I guess I'd probably get to hate the word too if I had to look at it everyday :P but eh it was time for a new title in the thread. Not the best title but eh..

And my older laptop (which I very rarely use to this day) has a bad battery in it apparently.. the charge light blinks on and off whenever plugged in, and on the taskbar it's stuck at 27% not charging.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I guess I'd probably get to hate the word too if I had to look at it everyday :P but eh it was time for a new title in the thread. Not the best title but eh..

And my older laptop (which I very rarely use to this day) has a bad battery in it apparently.. the charge light blinks on and off whenever plugged in, and on the taskbar it's stuck at 27% not charging.

Hmm...

What do you plan to do with it?

In other news, I recovered my entire laptop to Windows 7 as 8.1 is very wonky with regard to drivers for my Windows 7-era laptop. Might as well as go back in time to full support.

Funny enough, even with most of the same stuff installed, it boots in 64 seconds instead of 8 minutes.

Years
What do you plan to do with it?
I'll probably eventually toss it but I'd like to keep it for nostalgic purposes since it runs Windows Vista.

In other news, I recovered my entire laptop to Windows 7 as 8.1 is very wonky with regard to drivers for my Windows 7-era laptop. Might as well as go back in time to full support.

Funny enough, even with most of the same stuff installed, it boots in 64 seconds instead of 8 minutes.
Ouch, that sucks. I'm fortunate that no drivers failed on my desktop when I installed Windows 7 on it since it ran Windows Vista originally.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Zach, about your freezing - do you have an Nvidia graphics card? The last few new drivers have been causing system freezes with my card (560 Ti) and I had to roll them back to a previous version. It's a pretty well-documented problem if you Google a bit.

Years
Zach, about your freezing - do you have an Nvidia graphics card? The last few new drivers have been causing system freezes with my card (560 Ti) and I had to roll them back to a previous version. It's a pretty well-documented problem if you Google a bit.
I have an ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series card in my machine, and this was an isolated case as it's the first time my desktop just suddenly froze on session without any response. Though I wasn't performing any settings changes or anything too graphical with my GPU at the time the freeze occurred.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Can anyone recommend some high speed head phones at a reasonable price? I'm looking for something better than my current turtle beaches. Not really sure what the good brands for headphones are though.

Years
Can anyone recommend some high speed head phones at a reasonable price? I'm looking for something better than my current turtle beaches. Not really sure what the good brands for headphones are though.
What kind of headphones are you looking for? I'm sure those can help us out in terms of narrowing our recommendations :)

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years

What are 'high speed' head phones?

For the money, Turtle Beaches aren't bad. If you are looking for cheap music listing head phones with more bass than the Beaches, then I highly recommend Sennheniser HD 202. They are less than $30USD, and for the price, they are really hard to beat. They have good highs, and the clarity is really good, the bass is also pretty good, but not as good as more expensive head phones. http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-202-Professional-Headphones-Black/dp/B003LPTAYI/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Heh, speaking of headphones, I'm thinking that maybe I should get a pair of real headphones, too, if only for comfort.

Just have to decide between a gaming headset and something more for music.

Years
Recently my second pair of Apple earbuds got a short in them somehow just after constant use I guess.. but the same thing that happened to the second pair happened to the first pair. Ironically, my cheaper JVC earbuds have more durability.

And I need a new USB headset for my desktop as well. It's held up for a good two years, but earlier this year the microphone began to short out and eventually it did, then the speaker wire started to go as well, but I've had to hold the wires in place where they aren't shorted with tape so that they would continue to work. Now they're beginning to physically fall apart.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Something about headphones and short durability... yeah, does it feel weird?

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I miss using my Sony buds. They worked very well when I was young, years ago.

Kept going until I lost them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back