• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
NEXUS 5 HYPE GET

http://www.google.com/nexus/5/

So cheap compared to iPhone 5S and 5"C." I already have a Note II though it has a lot of scratches.

I have to admit, I actually kind of want one. I wonder if it will work on Verizon. I noticed that it has CDMA support. So I hope so, Finally a good Nexus device I can use on VZW. The camera has to be amazing through, I'm not giving up my Lumia unless the camera is really good!

Years
I'd love a Polaroid Camera, they look so professional and always take high definition pictures.
A lot of cameras these days can take really good photographs, even point-and-shoots.. however, I wish to have a DSLR camera like everyone else in my family, that's for sure :P

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I don't have different lenses, since I only do scenery photography as a small hobby, so I'm probably not the best person to ask. I would imagine so, since that's a common feature on the bigger cameras. I guess my final answer is probably, without any help from personal experience.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Speaking of cameras, I was given a Sony DSC-S3000 as a gift about 2 years ago, and I can take some good shots. However, I wish I can handle the shooting well that my hand won't shake when I take the shoot.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I have a Sony Alpha NEX-5R.

Although I have a 55-210mm, I tend to just use the 16-50mm power zoom lens that automatically collapses and extends by itself. You know, it's more mobile than the telephoto zoom lens.

Years
My camera is a Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS, and it's a point-and-shoot.. it's a very good camera with lots of functions such as manual ISO and many different picture modes.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Speaking of cameras, I really want to get a Nokia Lumia 1520, if only because of the camera (and the fact that I'd be getting a quad-core Snapdragon phablet running Windows Phone 8/Lumia Black).

20 megapixels of 1/2.5" in a phablet with optical image stabilization, some usable zoom, and full manual control, as well as RAW. Possibly the highest-end phablet camera yet.

Years
If we're talking mobile devices and cameras, I'd recommend anything other than the iPhone and or iPod Touch line of devices. Apple probably has the worst mobile device cameras out there, IMO.

But at least my Nexus 7 has a 5-megapixel camera which I'm fine with definitely, considering I rarely use the full 5-megapixel range :P

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Not to defend Apple at all, but the iPhone actually has a pretty decent camera. lmao

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Not to defend Apple at all, but the iPhone actually has a pretty decent camera. lmao

iPhone cameras are actually very good for their sensor size. The 1/3-3.2" 8 MP iPhones work very well in both stills and videos, as long as it doesn't get too dark (due to lack of OIS).

Having your base ISO at a very low value of 32 helps a lot, too. They do get the processing down pat, too.

Shame about lack of out-of-the-box camera control, though.

Years
At least the 4th gen iPod Touch camera sucks, though.. I guess iPhones do have good cameras but the earlier models (including the iPhone 4) don't have really good quality imo.. but at least Apple is improving on their cameras.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
A lot of people think the iPod touch is an iPhone that can't call and that's not right. The specs on it are comparably low end to iPhones which cost upwards of $800 while an iPod touch cost what, upwards of $300?

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Somehow I think I might be able to get away with no smartphone... by "cheating" and buying an iPod Touch in addition to a phone.

Years
I'd still prefer to have a smartphone though with data access so that I could access the internet anywhere I may need it, in the event where there isn't any wifi around, or all the wireless access points around my current location are all locked and secured.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I don't have a smartphone, I have a dumbphone. :P

I don't get cell phone reception at my house, so I don't even use my phone very much. I've had my phone for about five years now and I don't see myself giving it up anytime soon. It makes calls and texts, what more do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back