• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen DexNav Shiny Chaining and Perfect IV Guide. (Updated V.1)

ben96atkinson

Pokémon Spiral
Years
  • I found a fix, putting blu-tac in the analog stick area so that the analog stick only goes as far as creeping goes at nearly fastest speed! Takes a lot of adjusting - but it's well worth it!

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Indeed. You're correct on all of those. I've only listed anything I've CAUGHT.

In fact, I recently found the breed6 template over at Bulbapedia (just today in fact, it went live last month), so I'm starting to change the breeding templates over to that. Just did that for Minun, in fact (waiting for help getting a tag working for ORAS labels on Fake Tears and Charm), and just completed an edit for the five Taillow I have. There are, as you said, numerous other moves listed, but I'm only going to edit for data I can personally confirm, not blanket edit everything. As such, I only listed here what I've caught, not everything that CAN be caught. About to edit for Abra, Ralts (ironically), Skitty, and Poochyena, then I'll move on in my game and get to Mauville since most of my 'Mons are now Lv.18 and so that I can get more research on Route 117's species to be found. I'm eager to be able to Surf (think I have to beat Norman, right?) so I can also clear a Gen. VI Unown on my Dex and copy that to X toi give it the hexagon.

And yes, speaking of Ralts, I have a Ralts from Wonder Trade with four Egg Moves attached. These include Memento and Destiny Bond. I have not touched this Ralts as yet (it was received in X before ORAS released).

4 egg moves? Lucky! I don't get much from Wondertrade!
    Yeah you have to beat norman to get surf!

I'd love to see shiny pokemon that people have found via this method and how potentially awesome they are with egg moves and IV's and such so list them if you have them!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    So I've tried this method earlier while I was on the bus heading to work, and I can confirm that...
    this extra level rise is a great way for you to keep count on your chain.
    ...is true. ^^

I'm going to try this method properly on the weekend!

Thanks for this post, btw~ ;)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    4 egg moves? Lucky! I don't get much from Wondertrade!
    Yeah you have to beat norman to get surf!

I'd love to see shiny pokemon that people have found via this method and how potentially awesome they are with egg moves and IV's and such so list them if you have them!
    I got a Shiny Growlithe once. I have another from WT, I think a Solosis. I don't think I've properly scanned either and they're in the five or so boxes I have for organizing Shinies (not completely full, but for organizing).

These were on X BTW and are in the PokéBank on the smaller system. I'm going to eventually import a future shop over using Y, which is basically a storage and cloning game.

Also, I've done over 1,000 WTs. So you do get good stuff from time to time. I have a bunch of stored 'Mons "for future review" that I need to get around to reviewing for hidden abilities and Egg Moves, but some of them may even be recycled nowe since they can be caught in OR/AS with those abilities and moves. I will likely drop a Ralts or two, for instance, but the 4EM one is staying where it is for a potential IV improving breeding project (I might change an Egg Move too, I have six on standby from OR).

ben96atkinson

Pokémon Spiral
    Years
  • I thought it up on a road trip - is there anything blu-tac can't do!? Not actually tried it but I don't see why it wouldn't work, so I'm gunna try it today and let you all know!

Years
  • I'm confused about something..
    While chanining, I've had these two problems; The pokemon I was chaining couldn't be found in the area and it ran away before I could reach it, and with both all the levels have been reset. Does this mean the chains have been broken?

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    I'm confused about something..
    While chanining, I've had these two problems; The pokemon I was chaining couldn't be found in the area and it ran away before I could reach it, and with both all the levels have been reset. Does this mean the chains have been broken?

As i say these methods are speculative and honestly that's not happened to me before. Are you following each step as to not break your chain?
    What is it you exactly did and what route were you on? I'll try to replicate your scenario on my game and see if the same thing happens.
    Cause honestly not finding the pokemon should never break your chain.

Years
  • As i say these methods are speculative and honestly that's not happened to me before. Are you following each step as to not break your chain?
    What is it you exactly did and what route were you on? I'll try to replicate your scenario on my game and see if the same thing happens.
    Cause honestly not finding the pokemon should never break your chain.

Route 102, the first one after Littleroot, I'm trying to chain a Poochyena. I know one thing.. That boy that is walking around the grass, if he steps on the pokemon your chaining, your chain breaks. And yes I've followed every step. But sometimes after I search the pokemon ran away before I could even take one step in its direction :( My search level still says 102 but the levels go back to level 2 or 3 each time.

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    So I've tried this method earlier while I was on the bus heading to work, and I can confirm that...

...is true. ^^

I'm going to try this method properly on the weekend!

Thanks for this post, btw~ ;)

Your welcome! glad theres starting to become some confirmation to this!
    Let me know of your findings!
    I'd this post to stay active so it doesn't fall down into the deep of the forum! I'd like new members and players to see this!

I got a Shiny Growlithe once. I have another from WT, I think a Solosis. I don't think I've properly scanned either and they're in the five or so boxes I have for organizing Shinies (not completely full, but for organizing).

These were on X BTW and are in the PokéBank on the smaller system. I'm going to eventually import a future shop over using Y, which is basically a storage and cloning game.

Also, I've done over 1,000 WTs. So you do get good stuff from time to time. I have a bunch of stored 'Mons "for future review" that I need to get around to reviewing for hidden abilities and Egg Moves, but some of them may even be recycled nowe since they can be caught in OR/AS with those abilities and moves. I will likely drop a Ralts or two, for instance, but the 4EM one is staying where it is for a potential IV improving breeding project (I might change an Egg Move too, I have six on standby from OR).

Awh man. I want a growlithe as well i reset my game only the other day and im at fortree city. But i want a growlithe because a fire type is always desirable and Arcanine is one of my fav's.
    Lucky on shiny it's golden right?

I'd like to see your shop once you get it up and running might even do business with you myself! :]
    I'm just flicking through my game so i can start Filling the Dex up!
    Then ill shiny hunt everything!

Sorry for the double post! I'm so tired i didnt see the other replies!

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2015
    There is no chaining in pokemon Omega ruby or Saphire.

Show me evidence, A screen cap of diolgue. Showing proof that the catch system was carried over from X and Y when Dexnav is it's own seperate thing.

If anything, Using the Dexnav in general would increase rate of shinies.

And as for *chaining* for stronger pokemon. That's not how it works.

I can't believe no ones mentioned this but. You could always run through the grass, Individual encounters reguardless of sneaking up on them COUNT towards the Dexnav level.

The higher the Dex nav level, the Higher the chance of 3 potencial pokes dropping.

Using the Dex nav in general will give chance to shines. However, Leveling up the Dex nav does not increase shiny rate. Nore does *chaining* in fact chaining does not exist at all on O-ruby or A-Saphire. Again, show me a screen crap that even remotely suggests it?

Pretty sure the opposite is stated. As in, If you don't see the stats you like... You don't have to engage it.

THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THE DEXNAV. iv been playing for a few days and it's not hard to notice the trend here.

At lvl 1 i was struggin to see even 1 star or even the rare 2 star. At search lvls of 300-400 i am finding 2 stars commonly and 3 stars moderatly. As the level climbs so does the degree in which more 3 potencials can be found.

It is from these triple potencial pokes you will find the shiny you want.

You could in theory get a shiny from any pokemon regardless of potencial through the method of sneaking up on them. Sneaking up on pokemon increases the likely hood of it being a shiny. So logically, If you farm only pure stat pokemon. Then the *chaining* has already comenced. The chain is only broken when you decide to stop looking. And the chain begins again when you start looking. Tho the chain isn't real and has absolutely no baring on gameplay what so ever.

Even encountering high I.Vs. Does not apply to these versions. You simply judge the status of the IVs from the potencial of the pokemon. That's it. It's really that simple.

Also, Just because everyone says that 3 potencial means 3 stats are 31 maxed. They are wrong and are assuming off everyone else. it is just as possible to get 4 IVs or 5 IVs or even a perfect pokemon from the 3 IVs.

All 3 IVs will have an exclaimation mark beside it. So... It's not like some do and some don't ALL 3s have them. So it's likely the majority have 3+ maxed stats.

However, you could in theory flee pokes till you get the tripple stars thing and your shiny rate would be similar to *chaining*. As it is only dependant on the dexnavs (Base) shiny ammount. It does not raise or decrease with search level.

Search level only deals with pokemon stats ect.

Now. Shiny pokemon USUALLY have 3 or more maxed stats.

SO. in obviousness. I would like to say that farming tripple potencial pokes increases the shiny encounter rate but i don't think it does.

The only way i could see if it does is if all shinies had 3 31maxed stats which they don't some shinies really such. Hense why they even appear on lower potencials.

I suggest if you are looking for a shiny, any shiny. That encountering *Any* pokemon well sneaking up will increase shiny rate. But it is a fixed rate increase for pokenav and that's all.

However as i mentioned. Farming tripple star pokemon increases the likelyhood of the shiny being very powerful.

Which really makes chaining obsolete. As the exclaimation marks when sneaking or on the physical dexnav ping itself will show you if the next pokemon is strong or not.

I believe chaining pokemon is a waste of time. Which is problem why this Dexnav system was implimented instead. Because it cuts farming time dirastically so that players can prepare a team for competitive edge. And now friend safari has been brought to the main world sort of by implanting that shiny rate on the dexnav instead.

i regret informing the ignorant masses of my wisdom because we may see more shines now with people changing the pace of how they farm... From slug like killing every monster and worrying about orwellian facists rules that track your every move ect well counting and trying to cut you off or something like the game has a preplanned agenda to hinder the players quest in finding the most powerful and collectable pokemon?

I don't think so.

X.Y Daimond ect. All stated in the game that finding the shaking bushes adds unto a multiplier.

Now the multiplier has a fixed ammount.

Since stats can be farmed.

Why the hell would game freak impliment 2 catch formulas ontop of Each other?

It does not make sense.

You either, Refine stats and pokemon abilities/Levels.

Or you play X and Y for the multiplier bonus from pokeradar.

Dex nav is not pokeradar. The 2 of them do not operate the same way and i am tired of all the Disinfo that is literally plaguing Google with this *Chaining* nonsense.

I think who every stated this first had an alterior motive to hinder the possiblities of powerful shinies coming out. Since noobs would catch any shiny as long as they believe their chaining worked.

Even if the shiny only has one potencial, withone max stat. That way the people who actually KNOW how to farm good pokes will be the top players. Picking off noobs who are essencially, Snail racers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Spoiler:

Haha i do believe i never once stated that this was an *OFFICIAL* method which had been solidly *PROVEN* Even in the video i state that it's what i found works for me and has worked for others.
    I'm open to critisizm as that leads to changing tactics and exploration of new ideas and methods.

There are also alot of Videos on youtube for example like this one here. That show someone doing kind of what i described.

Spoiler:

He uses the dexnav to chain through Skarmory and at 25 he finds one. If this method was on serebii i doubt you'd have a problem with it. So this video more or less does validate the method. as he catchs lots more through other videos. And chain fishing was also implemented.
    I'd like you to provide proof that there has been validation that chaining is not present in the games.

This whole guide as stated is a Work in Progress because there isn't alot of info out there yet.
    And Anyway if it works for people then who cares?

As for (I can't believe no ones mentioned this but. You could always run through the grass, Individual encounters reguardless of sneaking up on them COUNT towards the Dexnav level.) This is actually really really really obvious. Anyone whose played through more than a few hours would know this so it's kind of implied and i mention it in my video. and most of your reply seems to be based on this factor. And none of your sentiment has any validation either.

True the potential does obviously imply a stronger pokemon. My method has worked for people. and if they only encountered pokemon with 3+ stars then that would be a huge increase in time searching and the possibility to miss a shiny encounter would also increase.
    I mean by all means i will try only encountering 3 star pokemon. But your method emplores a lot more time.

If you could post evidence about your method as well that would be great because generally this thread was to show people what some of us use. This guide was never stated as official.

( And i note i did make the mistake in my video of saying the search level was infact was important to finding shinies but i know it is not. so i agree with the whole it only improves stats)
    But heck! Even that statement could be wrong!
    The search level could infact matter!
    Having your search level at set points could increase shiny encounters drastically!

The fact of the matter is we simply do not know what the actually method is yet!
    So saying chaining is none existant (Especially when Chain Fishing is an element that was dropped down from the games I'll find the validation on this later as i'm in work) is wrong, because it may well be!

At the end of the day if this works for some people then great i'm happy!
    If not tell me what went wrong i'll investigate and work on it to see what the problem was and make updates!

i regret informing the ignorant masses of my wisdom because we may see more shines now with people changing the pace of how they farm... From slug like killing every monster and worrying about orwellian facists rules that track your every move ect well counting and trying to cut you off or something like the game has a preplanned agenda to hinder the players quest in finding the most powerful and collectable pokemon?

I don't think so.
    I think you need to relax friend ! I'm not a fan of the pompous attitude and i'm sure that *The Masses* don't like being called Ignorant. So tone that down a bit.

The slug like farming is just one method if it isn't for you do not use it. But others who like that form can do so and shouldn't be criticized for such.
    Simply boils down to if you don't like it don't play! So have a nice day :D

And i think for the most part people enjoy just Finding a shiny. Not everyone wants their competitive team to be all shinies. I mean thats desirable. But the thrill of just finding one is enough.
    So if this method works for them then fantastic.

But and this is the last thing i will say in response.

I DO NOT OR WILL NOT CLERIFY THIS AS A VERIFIED METHOD.
    All of my statements are purely speculative to what found me shiny pokemon.
    Until validation comes through of the actual method then this will stand in my eyes.

Dex nav is not pokeradar. The 2 of them do not operate the same way and i am tired of all the Disinfo that is literally plaguing Google with this *Chaining* nonsense?

Again provide viable information as you asked for videos screencaps all of such stating legitimately that this method is wrong and chaining does not exist.

Until then! Everyone else i'll continue to update with more findings and i will reiterate this guide later tonight to avoid further confusion.

I don't know weather this will help you or not but i posted a guide not so long ago.
    You should check it out.
    I've not had that problem before. The only issue for me was when ralts got to a stage were i couldnt KO it in one hit (Back when i was in the 30's to 40's)
    Because of the level increase in chaining sometimes it manages to use teleport.
    Which breaks my chain.

Although my chain never resets if it manages to get away before hand.
    You should avoid the area were the kid is walking around. If he goes near it it will run. So stick to the area im at in my video. I got my ralts at chain 90 something.
    I'll try chaining him again.
    What is it you actually did as the chain broke? Can you back track so i can retrace your steps?

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2015
    i'm not taking my agression out on you sir :)

But i have been researching this to really figure it out.

And from other tests from Users, Saw a post where a group of people tried to chaining/vs encounter methods and they saw no consistancy in shiny drops from chaining.

I wanted to search farther because i know that this is how the last game operated in a way ( not exactly it just relied on encountering the shaking bushes and avoiding pokes to form a chain in X and Y)

But in O-Ruby and A-Saphire, They multiplier isn't there. The system is different. It tells you its different, its a window shop basically.

You scan through to find the pokes you want with the abilities you want and you look for max stats.

If your search lvl is very high then these awesome pokes will be appearing like crazy.
    At that point, When a shiny does drop, theres a better chance it will be good.

As far as iv been reading the drop rate may be between 1-1150.

Which is a reduced drop rate from the original 8400 w.e from 4300 to what it is when you use the dex nav which is signifigantly less than what second gen was demanding as far as shiny drop rates go.

There's so much speculation on there it's hard sifting through the player theories.

I can't find the source but im sure if you looked around you could find it, its somewhere on reddit.

What i was saying prior tho is there is no official statements anywhere that say that chaining is occuring in the O-Ruby.

If it works for you awesome :D

I was reading around tho that the drop rate might be similar to friend safarie. SO maybe 1-600? or something? Im pretty sure it would be 1150 carried over from the other games like daimond. I'm not sure if the shiny rate was even 1-600 lol.

This is a fairly new game so if these player theories are wrong, It won't be to hard for the wikis to edit out some mistakes.

But what reason would there be for the drop rate to drop so low? is it 1-300 After *Chaining?*

And does the dex nav effect shiny catch rate per pecent of the pokes you are catching?

I donno about that, Seems a little to difficult to keep track of every pokemon and adjust a shiny rate just for that one pokemon because you decided you wanted it.

The shiny rate applies to the whole Area. How can farming one pokemon adjust it? When an area can have said ammount of pokes living there? Did game freak add a whole culdron of coding to make it happen?

It just seems a little excessive and generious if you ask me.

According to current claims if done correctly you get an added 25% bonus to shiny catch rate.

If the dex nav isn't improving the catch rate of all pokemon there. Then there can only be a maximum of 25%. Which means the original what ? 8200 gets cut to be like 5600? or something. That's still a huge number. Even at 4200=1/4 That would be 1050.

With the maximum potencial given by *chaining* Now if people think that chaining gives this bonus by itself.

Tho the wiki contradicts itself. It states as of X/Y rate has dropped to 1/4056

When it speaks about other methods which include the new generations it brings up the 8192 number in the calculation. As if the reduced rate didn't matter?

Nintendo is just the publisher, Gamefreak are the ones who make the name and they rarely talk about the mechanics.

I would just like to see an official statment or w.e that proves that this method is actually applied to O-Ruby because otherwise it may seem like a good idea and works for you but for me and everyone else. If this thing dosn't even exist, Then it's just wasting our time.

Still cool to think of methods of catching shinies but i think this time it might be a little to tedious. And stacking on shiny catch rates? I donno about that. Seems a little excessive to have the dexnav and chaining stacking shiny catch rate along with that shiny item or w.e it wouldn't even be a challenge.

I think the Dexnav does reduce the rate considerably by itself. But i'm not sure if gamefreak would put something that can be exploited so badly like this. I agree the catchrate is a lot better than it was in previous generations.

The Dexnav Works in water tho, So if you tried the fishing method. Which probably does exist to some extent in the game. Then yes it will work. There are deepools you have to do the fishing in tho. So you would need surf. That's where the pokenav works on water.

BUT i wouldn't be surprised if gamefreak did up the shiny rate for fishing in the same spot.

They are that hilarious to put something like that in.

try this, Run in the a patch of grass for the pokemon you want. Encounter all the ones you can there and raise your level. Then when you sneak up on them, they will have a higher ratio of being stronger. If you don't see the hidden pokemon has any stars chase it away. The bike is really useful for this. Its easy to dismount near the pokemon and creep up to check on it. if you are just looking for any shiny. you can begin encountering hidden pokemon right away and your chance will be just as good as if you were sitting there farming the whole day.

Some things might increase the rate by increasing the rate of pokemon. Abilities like illuminate would be good for this. There are other abilities that increase the availability of stronger pokemon. So if you want a strong shiny that would be a good suggestion.

The Encounter O-Power. But really it's all based on luck.
    You could meet one in 40 sneaks you could meet one in 500 you could meet one in 1000.

Some people have not even got a shiny because of this even using some of the methods but the general idea is, With the already present shiny bonus that pokenav does give, you should beable to cycle through pokemon realitively quickly.

And i don't think you have to hit each and every one of them.
    You can flee and fleeing should increase your chance.

If this shiny bonus of 25% is applied ontop of it because of chaining then we should be seeing consistant data showing that people are spawning shinies left and right but most people who are not catching shinies are not even posting.

This game has sold millions of copies so far so the people who got shiny from being lucky might be skewing the data. Because the people who arnt catching any most would be to lazy or don't speak english, No motivation to post on here but they would be on their chinese/japanese sites.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Not sure if the method works but i caught a shiny seedot with bullet seed, pickpocket, and 3ivs at a chain of 218. Pretth high so i may try this out later and see if i can get another shiny at an earlier chain.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    dea7th:

Unfortunately, your post is too long and is written in a style that I got bored several sentences in knowing I'd have to read five posts (now two full posts) like it. However, I've read the first bit of the first and will reply to that. If any of what remains is of importance I will be happy to discuss it.

I have already confirmed myself that it's not necessary to chain for high-IV Pokémon. This is a new element that I believe X/Y did not have, and I have confirmed capturing a minimum-4IV Magnemite and a minimum-4IV Minun on the first encounter on a Route at one time (both on Route 110). You just have to have a high search level. Hidden Abilities operate the same way. Bonus higher-leveled? I think they do too, but I didn't keep proper track of this one.

As for Shinies, I will assume the chain element is still involved, but otherwise unless someone wants to get a 200+ search level and then come and go from a Route until they get something on a first try (or even the first few tries), it's otherwise harder to prove. It should be noted that using Sweet Scent on hordes increases the search level quickly; at one point, I'd caught a single Magnemite (I have now caught three, the third being the high-potential, but have stopped due to no Egg Moves), but while trying to land a Plusle to go with Minun I found a bunch of both Minun and Magnemite hordes. Those search levels quickly shot over 100. Hordes are therefore perfect for testing after encountering and running away from a number of them.

I wonder, BTW, if GF did this to stop the spread of hacked 6IV Ditto that look legitimate, and to possibly allow them to be Shiny. Interesting...and probably smart. (EDIT: That is, if they were found in the wild in OR/AS, which so far they appear not to be.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Guys, just a reminder that we don't permit double posting, or posting more than once in a row, here on PC. If you have more information to add just edit your latest post if no one has posted after you or use the multi-quote button to quote multiple people.

Just merged all the double posts together! Be sure to keep this in mind next time; we really don't want to start issuing official warnings or infractions for this sort of thing.

Cheers and enjoy discussing the awesomeness that is the DexNav. :)

Years
  • Just a word of warning for anyone doing this:
    DO NOT bring a Pokemon with you that hasn't reached it's final evolution yet, it breaks your chain!
    I was chaining for a shiny Ralts on Route 102 earlier, got up to a chain of 100 and my swellow evolved, and my chain broke.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I can now officially confirm that higher levels are not part of battle chaining. I rejected four consecutive finds (actually, my down on the circle pad stuck on the fourth, but same result) and the fifth one up was Lv.23 instead of Lv.13. As it was a Zigzagoon, I also rejected it as I had one with the move already, and am currently using another as a TM slave (Rock Climb and Cut thus far). It seems you DO need to see four before the higher levels come up, unlike the other discoveries, but you DON'T have to battle them, just scare them off.

Shinies I am sure would need a chain.

That makes three things I can personally confirm are not necessarily to have endless battles for:
    - Huge numbers of perfect IVs
    - Egg Moves
    - +5/+10/more in levels (depending on Route)

Happy hunting.

Just a word of warning for anyone doing this:
    DO NOT bring a Pokemon with you that hasn't reached it's final evolution yet, it breaks your chain!
    I was chaining for a shiny Ralts on Route 102 earlier, got up to a chain of 100 and my swellow evolved, and my chain broke.
    The better advice is to hand it an Everstone. They can be freely nabbed in Reflection Cave and traded over from X/Y; Roggenrola carry them around, and Compound Eyes on a leader (such as on a Butterfree, which can also know Thief) increases it to a 20% chance.

Just watch for the hordes, they're a pain and you only get one shot unless you Thief one with empty hands.

Years
  • So, what exactly is the difference between Search Level and Chaining?

Do you get a higher chance for shinies the higher your chain is ?
    Do you get a higher chance for hidden abilities/perfect IV's etc the higher your Search Level is?

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • There is no chaining in pokemon Omega ruby or Saphire.

Sorry to point it out, but that's wrong.

There may be no "Shiny" chaining, as you later mention, as its not really proven, but this method does seem to work for most people.

But chaining definitely exists, using the dexnav to continuously search the one area for pokemon after pokemon creates a chain and its shown in the 5 pokemon boosted level, then up one level for the next 5.
    Even if you are correct in shiny chances aren't increase, level chaining is definitely a thing,
    I have a friend who caught a level 67 Zangoose for the hell of it, after chaining. And seeing as they can normally only be found at level 14.
    That's enough indication for me that chaining exists to some extent.

As for doing this method personally, i normally get bored and give up on the shiny by a chain of 20, but its nice to catch the egg moves, high potentials and boosted level pokemon

Back