• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dexter has offered you a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years

Okay, so here's how it works. Dexter has offered you a challenge, a challenge to only use Pokemon of a specific range, which can be told within your Pokedex. Simply put, you have a range, and you must obide by the range given by only using Pokemon within that range. As a reference, I will provide a list of the Pokemon found within that region's Pokedex.

Kanto Dex
    || Johto Dex || Hoenn Dex || Sinnoh Dex || Unova Dex

Rules and Regulations

• Follow the regulations of the challenge.
    • No hacking or cheating, unless used to get a Pokemon in your Pokedex range before the city required to do so.
    • You must have your first Pokemon in your range before Cerulean City/Azalea Town/Slateport City/Eterna City/Shippou City, for their respective games.
    • Trading is permitted, only to trade over an Egg of a Pokemon within your range if not obtainable before the above cities, or for the means of evolution.
    • Someone else must choose your Pokedex range other than yourself. Also you may use more than one Pokedex range (eg: 8-12, 34-46)
    • Please do not offer someone a wide Pokedex range. 40 will be the max Pokedex range.
    • You may not train Pokemon outside your Pokedex range. For example if you were playing B/W and had the range of 61-84, you would not be allowed to catch a Darumakka, but need to catch a Hihidaruma. THIS IS OPTIONAL
    • Please try to restrain giving someone a Pokedex range that gives out legendaries. If you're lucky enough to get legendaries within your Pokedex range, you are allowed to use the,
    • If you are to use a HM slave, it is preferred to use one within your Pokedex range, but there's no penalty for having one outside your range.
    • Have fun. What good is a challenge without fun?

Participants

If you are to participate in this challenge, please fill this out so we know what restrictions to give you. It'll help you and us in the long run. :P

• Username:
    • Game:
    • Anything Specific:
    For example:

• Username: Alternative
    • Game: Pokémon Yellow
    • Anything Specific: I would like to use Pikachu during my run.

Red/Blue/Yellow
    None yet

Gold/Silver/Crystal
    - dragonomega // Crystal // 7 - 30
    - vaporeon7 // Crystal // 34 - 51, 64 - 74, 120 - 133

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
    - myrrhman // Sapphire // 70 - 100
    - Suicune™ // Emerald // 7 - 13, 27 - 45, 156 - 170

FireRed/LeafGreen
    - DefiningTheDecade // FireRed // 1 - 6, 27 - 36, 124 - 143 // Champion

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
    - mzmingle // Platinum // 2 - 5, 82 - 111
    - mamoswineftw // Diamond // 15 - 19, 45 - 59, 132 - 146
    - Tachikaze316 // Pearl // 20 - 27, 58 - 68, 92 - 105, 131 - 141

HeartGold/SoulSilver
    - jdthebud // SoulSilver // 58 - 69, 206 - 224
    - Alternative // HeartGold // 62 - 69, 132 - 165

Black/White
    - Porygon Z // Emerald // 39 - 79

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    I too have a question. Say I gave you 15-34, 90-99. That first section is Beedrill through Nidoking. Would you be able to catch a Weedle, and train it to a Beedrill? Or would you somehow have to catch Beedrill directly? If you can catch the Weedle, then your range is above. If not, then make it 16-34 and 90-99.

Ah yes, I appear to have forgotten to sign up. Put me on for Sapphire. Nothing specific.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Wait. If I get it right, I get a range, say, of 50-80, in Kanto Dex.
    Then, I must catch and train Pokèmon ONLY between Diglett and Slowbro, right?
    That's right. You must only catch Pokemon between your Pokedex range given to you.

I too have a question. Say I gave you 15-34, 90-99. That first section is Beedrill through Nidoking. Would you be able to catch a Weedle, and train it to a Beedrill? Or would you somehow have to catch Beedrill directly? If you can catch the Weedle, then your range is above. If not, then make it 16-34 and 90-99.

Ah yes, I appear to have forgotten to sign up. Put me on for Sapphire. Nothing specific.
    I should have mentioned that the rule is optional, but you can make it that strict if you choose to.

Years
    so then ill have a go on platinum. sign me up 4 this!

• Username: mzmingle
    • Game: platinum
    • Anything Specific: i would like monferno or infernape please.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    so then ill have a go on platinum. sign me up 4 this!

• Username: mzmingle
    • Game: platinum
    • Anything Specific: i would like monferno or infernape please.

You can have 392-420.

StartSign me up!
    • Username; dragonomega
    • Game; Crystal
    • Anything Specific; Not really.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Thanks!

So my team could be something like..

#009 Swampert
    #013 Linoone
    #026 Swellow
    #038 Slaking
    #041 Alakazam
    #043 Ninjask
    Correct, but you wouldn't be able to use Swellow, as it doesn't fal within your Pokedex range.

You can have 392-420.

StartSign me up!
    • Username; dragonomega
    • Game; Crystal
    • Anything Specific; Not really.
    You have to choose someone else a range within their Regions' dex, not by national.

that's his National Pokedex number. Need to go by the Johto Dex.

Once again, I would like a range for SoulSilver, with either Starmie or Lapras included. In the Johto Dex please.
    Since the previous range doesn't meet your requirements, you can have 58-69 and 206-224, which gives you Lapras.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Since the previous range doesn't meet your requirements, you can have 58-69 and 206-224, which gives you Lapras.
    Okay, thanks. So I guess I'm gonna go with Gengar, Victreebel, Lapras, Onix/Steelix, and maybe Murkrow, though he may just be a Fly slave.

We can use HM slaves outside our range, right?

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
    Years
    Username: DefiningTheDecade
    Game: FireRed (why is it that nobody ever challenges firered?)
    Anything Specific: I'd perfer anything with pikachu or snorlax but anythings fine

Yed I'll be taking on yet another FireRed challenged since nobody ever seems to like them ;)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Okay, thanks. So I guess I'm gonna go with Gengar, Victreebel, Lapras, Onix/Steelix, and maybe Murkrow, though he may just be a Fly slave.

We can use HM slaves outside our range, right?
    It'd be more challenging if you don't use one at all, or just have one within your range, but I don't see why you can't have one outside your range. I'll add that to the rules.

Username: DefiningTheDecade
    Game: FireRed (why is it that nobody ever challenges firered?)
    Anything Specific: I'd perfer anything with pikachu or snorlax but anythings fine

Yed I'll be taking on yet another FireRed challenged since nobody ever seems to like them ;)
    Okay then, I'll give you 1-6, 27-36 and 124-143, which gives you Snorlax.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back