• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dexter has offered you a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    so whats my range then?
    soz...you said about a range from the Sinnoh Dex, not the National so...

Years
    i dont really get it when i get two sets. does that mean i can use both sets?
    EDIT: yes. yes it does. my team will probably be....
    #5 Monferno (starter)
    #110/111 Gabite/Garchomp (trade Gible)
    #83 Chimecho (trade as egg......probably)
    #90/91 Ponyta/Rapidash (capture)
    #86/87 Meditite/Medicham
    ...this one....darn i wanted riolu... ill think about it
    lol

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    So I got 158-181 (007-030) does that mean I can choose from Totadile to Ampharos? D;

If so; my team'll be;

#Furret.
    #Lanturn
    #Xatu
    #Feraligatr
    #Pichu.

Is that right? >>

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
    Years
    My range is
    1-6
    27-36
    And 124-143

So in my decisive choosings.. I've chosen
    Charmander-Charizard
    Nidoran-King male
    Snorlax
    Lapras
    Aerodactyl
    And Gyarados(Can I train it from the magikarp that man gives away cause I have never used a rod on gen III and up and I want to keep that up)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    So I got 158-181 (007-030) does that mean I can choose from Totadile to Ampharos? D;

If so; my team'll be;

#Furret.
    #Lanturn
    #Xatu
    #Feraligatr
    #Pichu.

Is that right? >>
    no. it's looks to me like the range is 07-30 in the Johto Dex, so you can use Feraligator, Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu, and Furret, but not Xatu (160) and Lanturn (175). See the link to the Johto Dex at the top of the first post.

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
    Years
    Another challenge has been no lifed..

yeah I finished the challenge and I am listening to pallet towns theme right now..

Snorlax at the lead of my party from fighting Lavir(Rival) is lv 62
    2nd is History.. the aerodactyl that I ressurected and trained until he could fly out his pokeball backwards and upsidedown(which turns out to be impossible by some standard)so instead I trained him til lv 75 before he died a gruesome death of re-fossilization.. your amber will be buried in lavender so don't worry..

3rd Lochness.. the ever so famous pokemon Lapras to be nicknamed after what it was created from being a big deal in E4 but sadly fainting during the last pokemon against Lance at lv 74..

4th Magikdos The Magikarp that powered to level 15 for tackle.. and tackled its way into one of my favorites at lv 66..

5th Nindo the lv 61 nidoking the poisoned many and thrashed if not

6th For the first time ever Charizard wasn't the only thing I used.. and even more.. I barely used.. he may have gotten the last 9 hp to survive the E4 and was my last pokemon that took down 2 pokemon with less hp than a lv 1 rattata but Hothead was only a measly lv 59 at the end of this mess

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Update on my SoulSilver run. Gonna be using Onix/Steelix, Victreebel, Lapras, and Misdreavus instead of Gengar. Murkrow and Kangaskhan will be my HM slaves.

- Named self Keller, rival Morgan (Dexter Morgan, anyone?).
    - Chose Chikorita and named him GreenSlave.
    - Caught a couple Bellsprouts and traded one for Rocky the Onix. SR a few times to get a better nature (ended up with Adamant). The Bellsprout I kept I named Victory.
    - Beat Sprout Tower with Rocky and learned Rock Throw (Vine Whip is a psychical move FTW). Taught Flash to GreenSlave.
    - Battled Falkner.

Rocky was being disobedient, and I lost once because of it. Second time around I was able to get the Rock Throws in.

- Got the Togepi egg, and headed down to Union Cave leading with Victory.
    - Got through Union Cave and arrived in Azalea Town.
    - Beat the Well mostly with Victory.
    - Challenged the gym.

Bugsy wasn't hard. Scyther was a OHKO with Rock Throw, then I switched Victory in to handle Metapod and Kakuna.

- Went back to Rt. 32 to catch a Wooper, which I named FishSlave, and taught him Rock Smash.
    - Morgan didn't believe that I beat Team Rocket, so I gave him a demonstration.

Wasn't too difficult. His Pokemon are weak. And Quilava doesn't know how to attack.

- Next up is Ilex Forest, Cut, and Goldenrod City.

Team Keller:

Victory the Mild Bellsprout, ♀ - L19
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Moves: Vine Whip, Growth, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder

Rocky the Adamant Onix, ♂ - L20
    Ability: Rock Head
    Moves: Tackle, Rock Tomb, Rock Throw, Screech

HM Slaves: GreenSlave (Chikorita) with Flash, FishSlave (Wooper) with Rock Smash.

Years
    Okay vaporeon7, you can have 169-184 and 220-230. There's a couple of Surfers/Flyers in there.

As for me, here's my sign up:
    Username: mamoswineFTW
    Game: Diamond
    Anything Specific: Please give me Murkrow/Honchkrow, and something that surfs.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Okay vaporeon7, you can have 169-184 and 220-230. There's a couple of Surfers/Flyers in there.

As for me, here's my sign up:
    Username: mamoswineFTW
    Game: Diamond
    Anything Specific: Please give me Murkrow/Honchkrow, and something that surfs.

Is that the Johto or National Dex? I think you mean national though.
    That's Johto. Johto has the first 251 Pokemon within it's dex, so you might want to look at the link on the first post.

As for you Mamoswineftw, Murkrow isn't in the Diamond Dex, so that can't be voided, so you can have 13-43 and 107-113.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years

That's Johto. Johto has the first 251 Pokemon within it's dex, so you might want to look at the link on the first post.

This is going to be hard. I can only have Cloyster, Corsola, Lanturn, Dewgong, Lickitung, Tangela or an Eeveelution (except Umbreon). And I can't trade. Can I get new numbers seeing that I have to get to Ecruteak City to get my first Pokemon and I can't hack or trade.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    As for you Mamoswineftw, Murkrow isn't in the Diamond Dex, so that can't be voided, so you can have 13-43 and 107-113.
    dude, Murkrow can only be found in Diamond (out of the DPPt games), what are you talking about...

This is going to be hard. I can only have Cloyster, Corsola, Lanturn, Dewgong, Lickitung, Tangela or an Eeveelution (except Umbreon). And I can't trade. Can I get new numbers seeing that I have to get to Ecruteak City to get my first Pokemon and I can't hack or trade.
    Take 34-51, 64-74, and 120-133. Going by the "New Pokedex" here (original GSC Dex). Alternative, you should include this Dex for the GSC games, as it is slightly different than the HG/SS Johnto Dex.

Last edited:
    Years

You're correct about Vaporeon7's question, I meant the national dex (I completed my game a while ago, adn since my pokedex now displays national mode I forgot that the Johto Dex was different)

But what do you mean Murkrow/Honchkrow aren't in the Sinnoh Dex? They are numbers 74/75, and here's a link to serebii.net that proves it:

https://serebii.net/diamondpearl/shinoudex.shtml

So could someone please re-assign me some numbers?

vaporeon7

Years
    You're correct about Vaporeon7's question, I meant the national dex (I completed my game a while ago, adn since my pokedex now displays national mode I forgot that the Johto Dex was different)

But what do you mean Murkrow/Honchkrow aren't in the Sinnoh Dex? They are numbers 74/75, and here's a link to serebii.net that proves it:

https://serebii.net/diamondpearl/shinoudex.shtml

So could someone please re-assign me some numbers?

ok you can have 15-19, 74-83, 132-146 and 45-59. (sinnoh dex)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Update #2 on SoulSilver.

- Went through Ilex Forest. Taught Cut to GreenSlave and arrived in Goldenrod City. Victory evolved into Weepinbell.
    - Beat all the trainers in and out of the city. Taught Dig to Rocky.
    - Challenged the gym.

Rocky had Sandstorm here, which whittled down Miltank's HP bit by bit. Rocky keep getting immobilized by love, so I switched him out for an HM slave, and he used Dig to win.

- Went up to Ecruteak City, got Surf, and headed to the Burned Tower.

- Released the beasts, and headed to the gym.

This took a few tries. I taught Payback to Rocky, and he was able to take down Gastly, but I had to get Gengar to not use Shadow Ball or miss with Hypnosis in order to stand a chance. Fianlly, Gengar used Sucker Punch first. Rocky used Payback, the Sitrus Berry activated, Rocky survived Shadow Ball and Payback killed Gengar. After Rocky went down to Haunter, Victory came out and beat the last two Haunters with Vine Whip and Sleep Powder to win.

- Got Strength from the Hiker and taught it to Rocky.
    - Now that I could Surf, I taught Surf the FishSlave, then headed to Union Cave.
    - I changed the date to Friday, and caught a Lapras named Rider.
    - I barely made it out of there alive, but after all the trainers were defeated Rocky Dug out.
    - Right now I am exploring Mount Mortar. Cianwood City is coming up, as are my final team members: Misdreavus, Kangaskhan (HM Slave) and Murkrow (probable Fly Slave).

Team Keller:

Rider the Docile Lapras, ♀ - L23
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Moves: Body Slam, Ice Shard, Surf, Confuse Ray

Victory the Mild Weepinbell, ♀ - L32
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Moves: Vine Whip, Acid, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder

Rocky the Adamant Onix, ♂ - L31
    Ability: Rock Head
    Moves: Strength, Dig, Rock Throw, Payback

HM Slaves: GreenSlave (Chikorita) with Flash and Cut, FishSlave (Wooper) with Rock Smash and Surf.

vaporeon7

Years
    vaporeon7's Dexter Has Offered You A Challenge (Crystal)
    Chapter 1

I started my challenge on Crystal. No screenshots because it's not a rom :(. Anywho I had a weird dream about setting the time and then woke up. I walked down stairs and my mum gave me a Pokegear. Even though I told her that I knew how to use it she told me anyway. I managed to get through the door and I went to Professor Elm's lab. I chose a Cyndaquil and began my journey. I then quickly rushed through the other stuff until I got my Pokeballs. First thing I did was catch a Poliwag on Route 30.

I nicknamed him Danny and then caught a Hoppip who I nicknamed Sydian (don't worry one I get to Goldenrod City I will change its name to Mondaysuck).

I then traveled north beating that smug Youngster Joey and his 'Top Percentage' Rattata. I then continued onto Dark Cave where I caught a Zubat who I nicknamed Myrrh.

I then trained a bit and continued onto Violet City. The first thing I did there was visit the Sprout Tower. I beat all those Sages with Myrrh. I then got to the top floor where I found ??? (rival) beat the Elder. He said some hurtful things and used an Escape Rope. I then battled and beat the Elder. He gave me HM05. I then went to the Violet City Gym where I beat all the gym trainers and challenged Falkner. His Pidgey was easy to beat and went down quickly. With the use of Danny's Hypnosis, I also beat his Pidgeotto. He then awarded me the Zephyr Badge.

This concludes this chapter of my Dexter has offered you a challenge.
    The Team:

Danny (Poliwag) Lv11.
    Moves: Bubble, Hypnosis.

Sydian (to be renamed or TBR) (Hoppip) Lv11.
    Moves: Splash, Synthesis, Tail Whip, Tackle.

Myrrh (Zubat) Lv11.
    Moves: Leech Life, Supersonic.
    Badges Obtained:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back