• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond/Pearl Glitch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehn00bslayer

I am 73# |\|008 514%3|2.
    Years
    I just found an interesting glitch.

If you receive a pokemon (via GTS) from a person in Japan and you try to evolve it, its name will revert back to the english translation.

NOTE: I only encountered this when I recieved a Magikarp, I don't know if it happens to all of them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2014
    no glitches so far...

so darkrai will never touch our us versions ever? :(

Mrbadboy3

Unknown Friend
    Years
    I just found an interesting glitch.

If you receive a pokemon (via GTS) from a person in Japan and you try to evolve it, its name will revert back to the english translation.

NOTE: I only encountered this when I recieved a Magikarp, I don't know if it happens to all of them.

That's not a glitch, it's like that on purpose.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I've been wondering that too. I'd like multiple Masterballs... (looks at Cresselia and Mesprit) :P

Does anybody have confirmation?

According to some posts in the videos, the english version doesn't have the glitches :( Now I'll have to import Master Balls from my GBA games. I'll still try it myself when I finish the game.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but for some reason when you use the coculator on your poketch and enter 5+5= when it puts 10 you here a pokemon's cry. The same thing happens if you do 1.11111111x1.
    It also happens if the answer is 20, 40, and 100.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    You haven't seen Pokemon Number 80

What the Hell, I was in Route 205 looking for Kuresillia in my Japanese Version and I ran Into a Fricken Shiny Parukia and I don't have Wild Pokemon Mod on or the shiny code and It had like 2 hp at lv. 47

I cant catch Kuresillia Parukia Took its Place. Holy Crap

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Easily evolve Pokemon that evolve by trading
    Go to the GTS in Jublife and put the Pokemon you want to evolve up for offer, make a different trade while it is still up for offer, and then take it back. It will evolve like someone traded it to you

Straight from Gamefaqs (been there for a while)...I've tried this and it only seems to work for Pokemon who need to hold items to evolve (Porygon/Upgrade, Scyther/Meatl Coat, etc.)

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    Easily evolve Pokemon that evolve by trading
    Go to the GTS in Jublife and put the Pokemon you want to evolve up for offer, make a different trade while it is still up for offer, and then take it back. It will evolve like someone traded it to you

Straight from Gamefaqs (been there for a while)...I've tried this and it only seems to work for Pokemon who need to hold items to evolve (Porygon/Upgrade, Scyther/Meatl Coat, etc.)
    I put my Kadabra in (holding nothing), went out to raise the happiness of my Happiny, came back to get Kadabra, and it evolved.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2019
    I dont know if someone already posted this or found out about it but I'll just say it, when u use togekiss in a contest its sprite is like in battle form and its not reversed. Here are som pics:

Diamond/Pearl Glitch thread

Diamond/Pearl Glitch thread

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    This isn't really a glitch, but the last old guy in Victory Road has a completely bald overworld, while his battle sprite looked like a long-haired dojo master. LOL. Battles must act like a super-fast Rogaine for him.

Another one is on the right island of the Battle Tower island in Sinnoh, there's a double battle with a mightyena whose sprite is reversed horizontally. His face is hidden behind a Dusclops.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back