• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond/Pearl Glitch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    I battled this old man named Brian in my Diamond and he had long hair for some reason. The first time he had a Buezuel and a Ponyta. After I lost to him and battled him again, he had a Buezuel, a Marril, and Machop's evolution.

Caleb290

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    yes their is a cloning glitch on the English version I have done it it is comfirmed to work but the chances are you might not get it to work right away it took me hours to clone one pokemon search it on goodle or on youtube to see how. I cant explain it

ihaveaquestion

idonthaveaquestion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2008
    i really h8 glitches... i like gettin the legit pokemon... i bet i could beat u glitchers...

ihaveaquestion

idonthaveaquestion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2008
    yea... i really do... but i can't... my ds isn't working right now... ill do it l8r...

1. do u cheat???

Demon3000

Über Pokémon Collector
    Years
    Another glitch Ive found on D/P (Well I didnt find it I just found out it existed by experiencing it and it's effects first hand) is that, once you restart the game, like I had to after I got stuck after trying the e4 glitch, you cant save. At all. Even if you restart loads! So not only can I not do anything on D/P, I can't fix it (I cant read japanese), AND I can't start a new game. What a waste of £35. They better fix these glitches when the englidh version comes out
    Lol you moron, you did the glitch on purpuse for easy pokémon, this is the price for it.
    Glitches aren't "made" to work, so don't blame nintendo, it was entirely your fault...

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I found a cloning glitch... it happened over wi-fi my friend and I were trading Haunter and Kadabra and I got out of range when we traded back, he lost the signal I'm guessing but the game said he got his Pokemon back and I got mine back... and he asked if I still had his Gengar and I'm like... no I have Alakazam and he said he had it too O_o we make jokes saying his Gengar got lost in the internets.

blazedsoldier

cool yo
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2007
    Hey, does anyone know if the cloning GTS thing is still working? If so, does anyone have any techniques, or tips for doing it?

iluvmisty

Official Misty lover
    Years
    Guys DO NOT do the GTS Glitch. I'll give u a list of reasons.
    1. U can lose yer pokes
    2. I don't think it works anymore, maybe they patched it
    (Mos important reason below)
    3. I'm very pissed. I tried to clone my Shiny Sharpedo before I traded him, it's a rumor but it's true, u can get banned from GTS. Everytime I log on, it says u have been disconnected. Don't say that's my router or whatever. It logs on, and then disconnects you. I don't want this to happen to you too.

Roihu

In America
    Years
    Guys DO NOT do the GTS Glitch. I'll give u a list of reasons.
    1. U can lose yer pokes
    2. I don't think it works anymore, maybe they patched it
    (Mos important reason below)
    3. I'm very pissed. I tried to clone my Shiny Sharpedo before I traded him, it's a rumor but it's true, u can get banned from GTS. Everytime I log on, it says u have been disconnected. Don't say that's my router or whatever. It logs on, and then disconnects you. I don't want this to happen to you too.

Holy watermellon (Didn't really read the rules so I won't curse.) You can get banned from the GTS!?!?!?!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I found a cloning glitch... it happened over wi-fi my friend and I were trading Haunter and Kadabra and I got out of range when we traded back, he lost the signal I'm guessing but the game said he got his Pokemon back and I got mine back... and he asked if I still had his Gengar and I'm like... no I have Alakazam and he said he had it too O_o we make jokes saying his Gengar got lost in the internets.

I did the same thing too with a wifi friend and he cloned his shiny dialga and I lost a shiny lugia. Sweetness. 8D

You can not ever lose your pokemon if you do the following things:
    1. DON'T YOU EVER DARE OFFER FOR A 0-9 LV ABOMASNOW OR LV 100 ABRA. This is really too common and hackers have stashes of these pokemon and will swipe your clone as soon as you put it up. To avoid falling victim to a hacker, you have to think like one. If you had access to any pokemon in the world, which pokemon would you never catch and keep in your box? Make your offers level 100 female: Spoink, Baltoy, Venonat, Pineco, Zubat, Pidgey, Slowpoke, etc etc or any starter or fossil pokemon. Hackers won't have one in their box and you'll never lose your pokemon again. Also, if you dexed Arceus already, put him as your offer since your pokemon won't show up to any other person since Arceus is filtered out of the GTS for being an unobtainable pokemon. I haven't tried Shaymin/Darkrai yet but Arceus is nice to use an the offer.
    2. When determining the time to shut of your DS, always shut it at least before the trade process begins. If you happen to see that it's going in and you realize you're way too late, let the offer go through and take your pokemon back as quickly as you can. As long as you trade too early, your pokemn never goes through and you'll still have it. Go too late, and it'll be gone from your party and in the system. Go at the right time and it'll go in but your save will backup and you'll also have it in your party.
    I hope these two tips helped everyone. They can't patch it since they'll have to change everyone's game too. And it's only disconnecting now because of a busy server and too many people are on it and it busted. Nintendo is too cheap to buy a bigger one. 8D

Roihu

In America
    Years
    And it's only disconnecting now because of a busy server and too many people are on it and it busted. Nintendo is too cheap to buy a bigger one. 8D

At least thanks to nintendo we have something >.>
    Anyways I wonder what'll happen when australia and Europe gets them...

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    Holy Snap.

I tried to clone my jirachi, and ended up losing her because the GTS wouldn't let me log on.. yeah, you can be suspended from GTS. I have a friend whom tired to clone thrice and her GTS hasn't been working for a week.

Anyways, I find the cloning too risky for my two rare Pokemon's, My favourite legit Shiny Palkia, Level 7 Jirachi (Even though she's hacked, I like her!), and my Shiny Voltorb, whom I will trade him over.

(P.S: I never used AR to hack the Jirachi, I got her off GTS. Shortly after a hacker stole my precious Wishmaker. (My old LEGIT Jirachi...)

You get the point. NEVER. EVER. CLONE. USING. GTS.
    If you are THAT desperate and MUST, get a AR.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    Holy Snap.

I tried to clone my jirachi, and ended up losing her because the GTS wouldn't let me log on.. yeah, you can be suspended from GTS. I have a friend whom tired to clone thrice and her GTS hasn't been working for a week.

Anyways, I find the cloning too risky for my two rare Pokemon's, My favourite legit Shiny Palkia, Level 7 Jirachi (Even though she's hacked, I like her!), and my Shiny Voltorb, whom I will trade him over.

(P.S: I never used AR to hack the Jirachi, I got her off GTS. Shortly after a hacker stole my precious Wishmaker. (My old LEGIT Jirachi...)

You get the point. NEVER. EVER. CLONE. USING. GTS.
    If you are THAT desperate and MUST, get a AR.
    ALOT of people are having problems cloning now. Sometimes the GTS kicks me off of it for no reason and I have a 3-bar connection. I haven't been KICKED off though and I have cloned many pokemon.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    -_-
    If anyone would kindly read my helpful hints, you would reduce the risk of losing your poor pokemon. If you're really scared of actually loosing it, always offer Arceus because I'm very sure that no one else can see it and therefore, they can't offer on it. Just use uncommon/unpopular 1st evolution pokemon if you don't have Arceus in your dex and set the offer to level 100 and specify a gender to reduce your chances. Fossils/Starters are good to set as female since that's a 12.5%. If you're stil scared, trade it to someone else who has more experience and tear out their liver if they lose it. XD
    But yeah, the GTS kicking me off is really annoying. Just too many are on it... It's never permanent though. At least, I doubt it is. I've cloned a lot of pokemon too and I never lost one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back