• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
Years
  • Some Questions: Can we edit:
    Scrips?
    Sprites?
    Textures/Tiles?
    Add/Edit Maps?
    Music?
    Map Tags?
    Map Music?
    3D Objects/Placement?
    Collisions?
    Text?
    Map Section Size (I.E. Twileaf is 34x34x1 Tiles/Blocks, I want it to be 34x42 cuz I want to!)
    Things I found:
    We can Edit Wild Encounters. Using that ROM Extracter thing, I used another program found at Wack A Hack and edited the wild encounters. I also Used another program to edit the starters.
    Forget TURTWIG, PIPLUP, and CHIMCHAR! Welcome the 2nd generation! CHICKORITA, CENTIQUILL, and TOTODILE!
    Funny thing that I have done:
    Edit the "Old Rod" fishing spot encounter in Twinleaf Town to be able to encounter:
    -Lv 5~8 Feebas
    -Lv 5~8 Quilfish
    -Lv 5~8 KYOGRE! That's right! KYOGRE!
    The Northern Section of the route south of Floraroma Town is SWARMED WITH MUNCHLAX!
    I call this version of a Pokemon Pearl Hack; "Pokemon Sexxy Version"

Something I would like to do:
    Hack Pokemon Pearl, Add the "Lillycove City Cameo Music" from Platinum and create Lillycove City!
    (Then start working on a Pokemon Crystal Remake called Pokemon Topaz)
    Oh! And why are Diamond/Pearl like this?: Diamond,+Pearl+Platinum.
    Platinum!? Platinum would fit in with Gold and Silver, as they are metals.
    Diamond+Pearl+Topaz
    and:
    Gold+Silver+Platinum.

Now, as for how the maps are:
    Each map does NOT have an elevation limit.
    When a "Block" is placed down it is registered as "Mapname" "Map Size (Say 10x10) and let's lay
    the map down like this

Now for the elevation/collision
    N=Normal W=Water X=No Pass 0~9=elevation
    N1 N1 N1 N1 X1
    N1 N1 X2 N2 X2
    N1 X2 N2W2 X2
    N1 N1 X2 W2 X2
    N1 N1 X2 W2 X2
    N1 N1 X2 N1 X2
    N1 N1 N1 N1 N1

"Mystery Zone" is all ways at height=0
    The Leftmost Side of Mysteryzone if you head directly WEST of TWINLEAF TOWN is a WARP ZONE consisting of EVERY ROUTE IN THE GAME but without graphics. If you head EAST out of bounds of the overworld map YOU WILL APPEAR BACK ON THE WEST SIDE and then THE WARP ZONE and finnaly TWINLEAF TOWN! NORTH and SOUTH appear to be reserved for HOUSES/BUILDINGS/CAVES

Pressing (Y) to open the TOWN MAP (Refreshing the Overworld Texture Set) and then closing the map in the Mystery Zone will cause graphics to look odd. Some 2D Objects (Trees) show that they are 2D-3D Objects. I.E. 1-Polygon Objects.
    * A Fun thing to do: Snowless Snowpoint Town: Go Out of Bounds, Press Y and make the graphics reset in the mystery zone, NOW WITHOUT ENCOUNTERING POKEMON OR OPENING THE MAP, OR MAKING THE GRAPHICS REFRESH return to Snowpoint Town and look at that! YOU ARE SINKING THE THE GRASS! LULZ! Also The route south of Snowpoint Town seems to have a problem with Global Warming LULZ!
    *Doing this inside a building or in anywhere else becides the world map can have odd effects:
    Most often, THE MAP DISSAPEARS!
    One notible thing is this though;
    1. Go to "Raveged Path"
    2. Walk Into Mystery Zone
    3. Open Map (To Refresh Graphics)
    4. Walk Back to "Raveged Path"
    TADAH! BETA RAVEGED PATH! LULZ!

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Cali
    • Seen Apr 2, 2013
    Im having trouble saving the palletes on the english poketex can somebody point out where I save the palletes because I cant find it?

Years
    Scrips?
    Sprites?
    Textures/Tiles?
    Add/Edit Maps?
    Music?
    Map Tags?
    Map Music?
    3D Objects/Placement?
    Collisions?
    Text?
    Map Section Size (I.E. Twileaf is 34x34x1 Tiles/Blocks, I want it to be 34x42 cuz I want to!)
    Things I found:
    We can Edit Wild Encounters. Using that ROM Extracter thing, I used another program found at Wack A Hack and edited the wild encounters. I also Used another program to edit the starters.
    Forget TURTWIG, PIPLUP, and CHIMCHAR! Welcome the 2nd generation! CHICKORITA, CENTIQUILL, and TOTODILE!
    Edit the "Old Rod" fishing spot encounter in Twinleaf Town to be able to encounter:
    -Lv 5~8 Feebas
    -Lv 5~8 Quilfish
    The Northern Section of the route south of Floraroma Town is SWARMED WITH MUNCHLAX!

Something I would like to do:
    Hack Pokemon Pearl, Add the "Lillycove City Cameo Music" from Platinum and create Lillycove City!
    (Then start working on a Pokemon Crystal Remake called Pokemon Topaz)
    Oh! And why are Diamond/Pearl like this?: Diamond,+Pearl+Platinum.
    Platinum!? Platinum would fit in with Gold and Silver, as they are metals.
    Diamond+Pearl+Topaz
    and:
    Gold+Silver+Platinum.

Now, as for how the maps are:
    Each map does NOT have an elevation limit.
    When a "Block" is placed down it is registered as "Mapname" "Map Size (Say 10x10) and let's lay
    the map down like this

Now for the elevation/collision
    N=Normal W=Water X=No Pass 0~9=elevation
    N1 N1 N1 N1 X1
    N1 N1 X2 N2 X2
    N1 X2 N2W2 X2
    N1 N1 X2 W2 X2
    N1 N1 X2 W2 X2
    N1 N1 X2 N1 X2
    N1 N1 N1 N1 N1

"Mystery Zone" is all ways at height=0
    The Leftmost Side of Mysteryzone if you head directly WEST of TWINLEAF TOWN is a WARP ZONE consisting of EVERY ROUTE IN THE GAME but without graphics. If you head EAST out of bounds of the overworld map YOU WILL APPEAR BACK ON THE WEST SIDE and then THE WARP ZONE and finnaly TWINLEAF TOWN! NORTH and SOUTH appear to be reserved for HOUSES/BUILDINGS/CAVES

Pressing (Y) to open the TOWN MAP (Refreshing the Overworld Texture Set) and then closing the map in the Mystery Zone will cause graphics to look odd. Some 2D Objects (Trees) show that they are 2D-3D Objects. I.E. 1-Polygon Objects.
    * A Fun thing to do: Snowless Snowpoint Town: Go Out of Bounds, Press Y and make the graphics reset in the mystery zone, NOW WITHOUT ENCOUNTERING POKEMON OR OPENING THE MAP, OR MAKING THE GRAPHICS REFRESH return to Snowpoint Town and look at that! YOU ARE SINKING THE THE GRASS! LULZ! Also The route south of Snowpoint Town seems to have a problem with Global Warming LULZ!
    *Doing this inside a building or in anywhere else becides the world map can have odd effects:
    Most often, THE MAP DISSAPEARS!
    1. Go to "Raveged Path"

Son, that was the most depressing post I've read. Back to the cave.

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
    Scrips?
    Yes
    Yes
    Textures/Tiles?
    Yes
    Add/Edit Maps?
    Not quite, there have been a few small edits but nothing signifficant
    Some did it but I'm not sure if he ever perfected it.
    Map Tags?
    Not sure what you mean here.
    Map Music?
    Not sure if anyone has looked into this
    3D Objects/Placement?
    Somewhat
    Collisions?
    A few people have looked into it
    Yes
    Not that I know of.
    Things I found:
    -Lv 5~8 Feebas
    -Lv 5~8 Quilfish
    So you can use a program someone else made. That's not really finding something. Obviously the person who made the program did all the work for you

1. Go to "Raveged Path"
    How is that notable before. I found it before by using going through the different map values.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    HELLO IM NEW HELP ME OUT!!!

sorry to say it but im a noob at hacking the d/p/p games (im a noob at hacking everything). can u please tell me where to download the following things:

Text Editor
    Sprite Editor (By this I mean adding/deleting pokemon, using new heros, ect)
    Map Editor (Naming Places ect)
    Events (events like encountering Palkia and Dialga)

Thank You
    -Bulbabeast

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • Hey.
    Wondering if there's a Pokemon editor (Stats, movesets and things) for Platinum yet, or one of the previous ones built for DP being compatible?
    Thankyou
    I'll see what I can do this weekend, I have a lot to do for school.. but if I find some time, I might update my editor..

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    Fakemon?

Oh awesome <3
    Thanks so much <33
    I'm half way through putting my fakedex into Platinum, and all I need to do is to change the types ect. x3

I didnt know that you could put fake pokemon in platinum? could u possibly give me the tools you use to put new pokemon into platinum?

Years
  • Call me an idiot, but how do you change the trainer when they throw the pokeball? I tried swapping the trainer and rival backsprites around using PokeDSPic, and, although it works with the first pose, when they throw the pokeball, they change back to the original sprites. Quite humorous when they switched places during the double battle on Spear Pillar, but it's kinda bugging me.

And how do you change the sprite on your trainer card, too? Swapping them around only seemed to affect the close-up before the Elite-4 battles. Again, minor niggle, but it's because it's a minor niggle that it irritates me. :\

Potatomuffin

The One And ONLY!!!
    Years
  • hello people! finally i got some time to post.
    sorry about the model list, i know its incomplete and needs to be fixed. i know this and i am going to fix it as soon as possible. i have asked before, but i need help to program a model editor. i have the Microsoft c++ framework thingy. if anyone can help pm me. i also found a pokemon gym leader editor program.

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • hello people! finally i got some time to post.
    sorry about the model list, i know its incomplete and needs to be fixed. i know this and i am going to fix it as soon as possible. i have asked before, but i need help to program a model editor. i have the Microsoft c++ framework thingy. if anyone can help pm me. i also found a pokemon gym leader editor program.
    My trainer editor can edit gym leaders. Which program are you talking about (Sebbe's ?).

Years
  • Sebbe made a trainer editor? If so then I can promise you it's very incomplete. Use SCV's, it's the best there is.

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • yes it is sebbe's gym editor. do you by any chance have his trainer editor?i wanted it after using the gym editor.it's GUI was good. send me a copy will you?

Sebbe made a trainer editor? If so then I can promise you it's very incomplete. Use SCV's, it's the best there is.
    As far as I know he does not have a trainer editor, I was just saying you can use my trainer editor rather than that gym editor. Once you do any substantial hacking that resizes the rom, that program will be useless.

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • Heyho... I was able to reconstruct the maps and display them via OpenGL ... Costed me some hours of hard work... =\

http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/news-439

news... ^^
    Good job. Any chance you will give some information as to how you did that? Depending on how you coded this, you might have just leaped closer to a map editor.

P.S. Did you use the NSBMD viewer in some what (I can imagine finding the textures manually and putting them in the same directory as the model) or did you use the source to make your own viewer that finds the right texture and pulls out the bmd file from the land data file?

In unrelated news, I added the ability to insert brand new scripts to PPRE. The latest version is beta 0.04a (attached below)

This should be useful for some. I use it to copy over a script I am studying/editing and leave the original there so I don't mess it up.

Last edited:

aerowolf

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    Sorry I haven't been here in awhile, but I've been keeping track with e-mails. I just had a thought since there's been progress with open gl. What about google sketchup? Since it's free, it might allow us poor people to do some editing along those lines. Just a thought.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back