• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
Years
  • @Dmartin
    I see that you have found a way to maniplulate the 3D models and the tiles in the game by replaceing some textures and trees with "white tiles"

I am behind you all the way with the making of a map editing tool for Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum.
    Go for it dude!

I want to have the tools needed to make a remake of Pokemon Sapphire, Pokemon Ocean Version. The Ruby Remake with slightly different scripts would be called Pokemon Continent Version, and Emerald would be called Pokemon Sky Version.

I would plain on adding some other areas to the game that where not in the original, and adding a Shaymin Event in one game, then a Manify Game in another game.

Battle Frontier would be in the RUBY and SAPPHIRE remakes.
    Emerald would have the BATTLE ISLAND...not just for battle facilities, but some Sinnoh Pokemon, and the Pal Park on an Island nearby. Plus, the mystery of the southernmost island in HOENN SOLVED! (The one that is Southeast of Dewford Island that is out of map boundaries.)

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    This is a "newb" post, but I couldn't quite find the information that I'm looking for, so I thought I'd go ahead and ask.

I'd like to import, play, enjoy and understand HGSS when they're released in Japan, and in order to do so, I need to read Japanese. Assuming that HGSS use the same, or most of the same words used in the Japanese DPPt, if I learn all the words in Pt, I'll know all the words in HGSS.
    That being said, I'd like to extract all of the words used in the Japanese Pt, and I'm not sure how to do that. I don't know if the Japanese version uses pre-defined text, or if what the Characters say is generated radomly or something.
    I imagine that every bit of text in the game is a predifined "phrase", and not a group of "words".
    What I mean by that is, every character has their "lines" and dialouge pre-set, and So I won't extract words, but paragraphs of text, from which I'll have to take the words.
    ...Yeah, This is just me trying to figure out what the **** I'm getting myself into here.

Anyway, I basically want to extract the text and/or words from the Japanese Platinum version and I don't know how to do that, or if it can be done. (I imagine that it's possible, but I'm verrrrry new to all of this hacking stuff).

Help?

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
    Years
  • What was that thing that one guy used for Pokemon D/P/PL/HG/SS Hacking Research?
    I am intrested in f-ing making a map editor for the f-ing 4th gen f-ing Pokemon games so I can get on with making;
    POKEMON ATLANTIC VERSION
    POKEMON CONTINENT VERSION
    POKEMON ATMOSPHEAR VERSION [ATMOSPHEAR as in ATMOSPHEAR DRAGON I.E. RAYQUAZA]

The thingeys that I would need to find are;
    Map Data
    Texture Data
    Movement Data
    Metadata [Wild Pokemon, Rate of Encounters, Encounter Types, Music, Map Name, Weather Effects, Indoors/Cave Flag, etc.]
    Connection Data

OVERWORLD MAP IMAGE
    OVERWORLD MAP DATA
    OVERWORLD MAP X,Y Limits [To make the map, LCD Size-efficent, Look at the wasted, unused space in the SINNOH OW MAP]

Menu Scripts [Mainly to add more regions in one game pack!]

I need to figure out how to decrypt as well. I expect the .narc files to be encrypted.

Alpha de Splash

DPPtHGSS Researcher
    Years
  • @DJ91990
    who is the guy that you are talking about?
    and if you look around, some of the things you want to figure out have been accomplished. Mapping is not an easy task in gen IV. Scripting can be done, but there is a lot of work that goes into it. Metadata is one of the only things we can do.

Years
  • What was that thing that one guy used for Pokemon D/P/PL/HG/SS Hacking Research?
    I am intrested in f-ing making a map editor for the f-ing 4th gen f-ing Pokemon games so I can get on with making;
    POKEMON ATLANTIC VERSION
    POKEMON CONTINENT VERSION
    POKEMON ATMOSPHEAR VERSION [ATMOSPHEAR as in ATMOSPHEAR DRAGON I.E. RAYQUAZA]

The thingeys that I would need to find are;
    Map Data
    Texture Data
    Movement Data
    Metadata [Wild Pokemon, Rate of Encounters, Encounter Types, Music, Map Name, Weather Effects, Indoors/Cave Flag, etc.]
    Connection Data

OVERWORLD MAP IMAGE
    OVERWORLD MAP DATA
    OVERWORLD MAP X,Y Limits [To make the map, LCD Size-efficent, Look at the wasted, unused space in the SINNOH OW MAP]

Menu Scripts [Mainly to add more regions in one game pack!]

I need to figure out how to decrypt as well. I expect the .narc files to be encrypted.

@Dmartin
    I see that you have found a way to maniplulate the 3D models and the tiles in the game by replaceing some textures and trees with "white tiles"

I am behind you all the way with the making of a map editing tool for Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum.
    Go for it dude!

I want to have the tools needed to make a remake of Pokemon Sapphire, Pokemon Ocean Version. The Ruby Remake with slightly different scripts would be called Pokemon Continent Version, and Emerald would be called Pokemon Sky Version.

I would plain on adding some other areas to the game that where not in the original, and adding a Shaymin Event in one game, then a Manify Game in another game.

Battle Frontier would be in the RUBY and SAPPHIRE remakes.
    Emerald would have the BATTLE ISLAND...not just for battle facilities, but some Sinnoh Pokemon, and the Pal Park on an Island nearby. Plus, the mystery of the southernmost island in HOENN SOLVED! (The one that is Southeast of Dewford Island that is out of map boundaries.)
    Learn to hack instead of spam here with your pointless idea...

We have a thrashcan for that kind of crap... https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168

Sorry, But if shall be realistic you'll never succes your idea about those hacks...

By advice would be that you'd start hacking or just play ruby and saphire...

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
    Years
  • Where can I find the refferences/tools/programs neccessary to make hacking tools for Gen IV?
    I want to start experimenting with a map hacking/generation thing.
    Here is what I think I need;
    ROM of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl [got it]
    DS Emulator [got it]
    Hex Editor [got that too]
    C++ knowledge/refference guide [help!]
    Notepad [also got this!]

Is there anything that I can do (becides shutting the f**k up) to help create a map editing program for Gen IV?
    If so, where do I find such knowledge. I need help here, not criticism!
    Heck, just tell me to Google "Whatever" and I'll start. It's not like I'm in school or anything anymore.

@Gvdl bmmzpv tuvqje cjudi
    *sigh*...look, I all I wanted to know is if such a tool exsisted and if not, then if anyone would be interested in forming a team of people to start making such a tool.

For map editors, the answer will be "NO" untill we stop bashing each other and team up to make the tool.

I am going to start Googling and see if I can find anything. I can see why Pokespam quit...people want to bash them or spam them about when the tool would be done, or when the next version would be out.

I'll post something here if I find/discover anything.

I'll keep my "ideas" either to myself, or on another topic.

@Gvdl bmmzpv tuvqje cjudi
    *sigh*...I am sick of your ranting and criticism at me. What did I do? I thought this was a topic to share ideas and make or find the tools that we wanted, not bash each other. If there is no map editor, or whatever other tool then why not get a group of people together and make one?
    If it could be done in Gens I, II, III then why not IV!? I don't care if they are coded differently! That just makes hacking it more fun and rewarding.
    Look, I don't want to cause a scene here or spoil the topic with "Trolling, Flamming, etc" but honestly, now I am seeking help and getting mess from you.

I'll start Googling some things and

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    This is a "newb" post, but I couldn't quite find the information that I'm looking for, so I thought I'd go ahead and ask.

I'd like to import, play, enjoy and understand HGSS when they're released in Japan, and in order to do so, I need to read Japanese. Assuming that HGSS use the same, or most of the same words used in the Japanese DPPt, if I learn all the words in Pt, I'll know all the words in HGSS.
    That being said, I'd like to extract all of the words used in the Japanese Pt, and I'm not sure how to do that. I don't know if the Japanese version uses pre-defined text, or if what the Characters say is generated radomly or something.
    I imagine that every bit of text in the game is a predifined "phrase", and not a group of "words".
    What I mean by that is, every character has their "lines" and dialouge pre-set, and So I won't extract words, but paragraphs of text, from which I'll have to take the words.
    ...Yeah, This is just me trying to figure out what the **** I'm getting myself into here.

Anyway, I basically want to extract the text and/or words from the Japanese Platinum version and I don't know how to do that, or if it can be done. (I imagine that it's possible, but I'm verrrrry new to all of this hacking stuff).

Help?

BUMP.
    I'm really lost, could I at least get some "Google XXX" tips?
    I've searched a few things, but I'm not getting the desired results.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Is there a tool available with which you can edit the wild Dialga / Palkia, so the overworld legends?

Like changing their Level etc?

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • C++ knowledge/refference guide [help!]
    If you are not already an expert programmer you will probably not be able to make a map editor. Maybe you can't see why as you don't have experience with programming. But those of use who do, see why. So your time would be better spent trying something easier first.

If you really want to do Model Editing (that is what you mean, not map editing), then take a look a few pages back at the source to the NSBMD viewer that I posted. That is for viewing models. So you can get a sense of the model structures based on that and come up with a way to store them so we can edit them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Hi there,
    i have a question: Is there a possibility to change the Battle Sprites of the Pokemon Trainers like Bug Catcher, Youngster etc.? I tried it with the tool : " PokeDSPicPlatinumTrainers"(I think SCV made it) but it doesn´t work: The Programm shows my new Sprites but in the game the are still the old ones.
    I have read this thread and found no answer for it.
    thank you very much for your help

I am also having trouble with this... when I open the trainer narc files I find them in Black and White, while the Pokemon are in color. I have no idea where the palette would be. Also, when I made a quick edit, nothing changed in game when I reinserted with NE2. Does anyone know how get the pallette and have the edits work?

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Hi there xD
    I have 3 questions. Ive been working on my Hackrom of Pokemon Pearl, and I would like to know thes things:
    -Can I change the Hero trainer sprite, for another?
    -Can I change the Pokemon event Palkia for Darkrai for example?
    -Can I change the Image of the pokemon starters?

Thanks for everything.

Years
  • Well i got bored today.. So i did a little pokemon diamond hacking..

Well this was a little hard to do, but i hacked the pokemon diamond maps.

Well it's a start, but nothing really big..

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    Pardon me for not reading all 76 pages of this thread, but I understand that we have no map viewer/editor for D/P.

I would just like to add that on another site (which I cannot post a link to...), we have developed and are perfecting "tweaking", which can be used to explore the "void" (I would link to a Youtube vid, but I can't...). The void is accessed by entering the black space surrounding an interior location (Usually the Poketch Co. Building). When you begin to walk through the void, the game begins to interpret all other data as map data.

For example:
    Let us say that 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 is a segment of consecutive bytes in Diamond or Pearl. Let us also say that bytes 1 - 5 correspond to current map data while bytes 6 - 8 correspond to party pokemon. Under normal circumstances, the player would never leave bytes 1-5, but tweaking allows us to do so. Now, when the player steps beyond 5, byte 6 is interpreted as map data. Then byte 7, and so on.

Now, if we accept the idea that moving through the void is the same as moving through the game's data and interpreting it as map data, then what about the area of the game where map data is actually stored? Shouldn't it just be loaded just like any other map? The answer is YES! If you head 65536 steps in any direction in the void, you will come to an area that is similar in layout to Sinnoh, but has no movement restrictions. We call this area "Fake Sinnoh". In fake sinnoh, most 3d models of buildings and signs are gone, replaced by one tile "markers" that indicate where a building should be loaded. Fake Sinnoh is a Map Viewer! It shows the maps in their natural layout (not how the game assembles them into real sinnoh).

If we can find how X steps corresponds to moving X bytes in the game's data, we may be able to figure out the offsets for every tile in the game.

I'm just posting this in hopes that it will help your pursuits of a DP map viewer. It probably won't help at all, but I felt obligated to post it anyways.

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
    Years
  • Hey portgoose,

the basic problem is not how to display the map models. It's rather that we (at least I) have no clue how you could implement a working DPPl editor in terms of vertices, textures and so on. The maps do not consist of "blocks" anymore (as we are used to with the GBA-generation) so everybody who wants to edit the models will have a hard time editing every single vertex plus the linked texel data.

greetz
    MX

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    would it be possible just to remove the 3d models from the maps and use blocks instead, because the floor must be blocks or is that a 3d model itself?

btw this is probably directed at more advanced programmers but, a few pages ago i said i want to add types and was told how the dis/advantage table is hackable.

well if you added an extra value on the table (e.g original table 1-14 so add 15 (i don't know if these are the proper values i'm just using them as an example)
    and on 15 put a pointer to the graphic you want it to represent (e.g death (made up type)) and then add the hex values for what it's strong against and weak against.

would that work or not?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back