• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    This might sound quite foolish but I really don´t have any idea what this means. I was surfing trough the Serebii.net and spotted the page about Sinnoh Underground. As I was looking and exploring it I noticed that there were few weird points about how to find a different fossil and I don´t know what Can be found Rotated by 90, 180 or 270 degrees means. Please, help me!

It means that while digging in the underground, you may encounter a fossil that is rotated differently than the sprite Serebii posted. So for example, you may dig up a claw fossil that is rotated 90 degrees from the sprite Serebii has. However, you will never find a skull fossil sprite that is rotated. It will always be in the position Serebii posted.

Years
    say i got a question, i got a lv 29 bunery and it hasnt evolve, now i knows frustraton. if i want it to evolve do i have to get rid of frustration and can you tell me some other nice stragegies that can help it evolve faster thanks .. oh and pm me please

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Pre-evolutions are naturally weaker than its evolutions, unless we're talking about the Porygon line. Other than strength, no it isn't. If you battle competetively though, you'd probably want to evolve it. Empoleon is naturally a lot stronger than Piplup. Evolutions sometimes learn moves that the pre-evolutions can't, but that's not always true. But it's up to you though; I still haven't evolved my Piplup. XD;

Scyther also has certain qualities that scizor does not, and is still pretty damn tough.

say i got a question, i got a lv 29 bunery and it hasnt evolve, now i knows frustraton. if i want it to evolve do i have to get rid of frustration and can you tell me some other nice stragegies that can help it evolve faster thanks .. oh and pm me please

Frustration does nothing to help happiness evolution. To max happiness, feed it lots of vitamins and berries 21-26, equip soothe bell, win fights with it and take it for massages.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    say i got a question, i got a lv 29 bunery and it hasnt evolve, now i knows frustraton. if i want it to evolve do i have to get rid of frustration and can you tell me some other nice stragegies that can help it evolve faster thanks

No, you don't need to get rid of Frustration. If you have a lot of money on your hands, you can just give it a bunch of vitamins and then give it a bunch of Friendship-raising berries (the ones Gofre mentioned) to decrease whatever stat you gave it vitamins for. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Otherwise, you can give it a Soothe Bell (assuming it doesn't have Klutz) and just run around on your bike a lot.

oh and pm me please

No.

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    How long would it take for me to beat the game if I just attempted to fly through it?

Just want some estimates.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    How long would it take for me to beat the game if I just attempted to fly through it?

Depends to what extent. On my 4th/5th run through:
    I've got up to and beat the elite 4 in ~3 days
    I've completed the shinnoh dex in a week of hard play
    It's gonna take you months to complete everything.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015

By beat the game you mean beat the E4? then your talking around 3days, 2 tops (Nonstop playing.), But the sinnoh dex?, Without Wi-Fi or the opposite game (Pearl if you have diamond Vice versa) its impossible, with one (Or both) of those things around a week maybe., The national dex?, without cheating, months...Maybe years.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    By beat the game you mean beat the E4? then your talking around 3days, 2 tops (Nonstop playing.), But the sinnoh dex?, Without Wi-Fi or the opposite game (Pearl if you have diamond Vice versa) its impossible, with one (Or both) of those things around a week maybe., The national dex?, without cheating, months...Maybe years.

Uhh...it's completely possible to fill the Sinnoh Dex for the purposes of getting the National Pokedex with only one game and no Wi-Fi in just a day or two, and you can fill the National Pokedex legitimately in a matter of days, if that (not counting the Legendaries that are yet to be released).

thanks for the tip guys and with the pm, i meant that to pm me for the info that i needed

We know. As far as I'm concerned, if you can't be bothered to check back for an answer, you shouldn't even be bothering to ask the question. D:<

Hey, I'm from the UK and I was wondering, what is the Wi-Fi mystery gift used for?

In D/P, nothing thus far.

Years
    Cross-gen evolution?

Quick question.

If I send an Kadabra from my copy of Fire Red to Diamond through pal park, would it evolve in transition?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I don't believe so, I haven't tried it with a non-item trade evolution, but I have sent over a scyther holding a metal coat and I caught it in pal park as a scyther.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    What are the Japanese D/P pokedex Entries for Arceus?

In Platinum it says:

"It appeared from within an egg floating through the void and created the world as we know it"

Note how It doesn't say "According to Mythology"

Do the Japanese versions of Arceus's dex entries lack this like the Platinum one?

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    This sounds so lame but I can´t get my devious Budew to evolve at all. I know that by raising its happiness at the day time it should evolve at some point. Now I am in Eterna city and I´m two steps away from restarting my game once again because I´ve been training only my Budew and it is already at level 26. I haven´t been able to give any of those proteins or etc. What should I do now?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    This sounds so lame but I can´t get my devious Budew to evolve at all. I know that by raising its happiness at the day time it should evolve at some point. Now I am in Eterna city and I´m two steps away from restarting my game once again because I´ve been training only my Budew and it is already at level 26. I haven´t been able to give any of those proteins or etc. What should I do now?

So you want to know how to raise its happiness? Somebody else just asked the same question on the same page. Here's the same answer:

If you have a lot of money on your hands, you can just give it a bunch of vitamins and then give it a bunch of Friendship-raising berries (the ones Gofre mentioned) to decrease whatever stat you gave it vitamins for. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Otherwise, you can give it a Soothe Bell (assuming it doesn't have Klutz) and just run around on your bike a lot.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    But like I said I can´t buy any proteins or other vitamins and I´m still in Eterna city so I haven´t been able to get that Soothe bell because it will be given from Trophy garden... xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    sup, whatcha guys doin.

Purposefully ignoring the trading thread that you felt the need to advertise all over the forum.

But like I said I can´t buy any proteins or other vitamins and I´m still in Eterna city so I haven´t been able to get that Soothe bell because it will be given from Trophy garden... xD

Ah, my mistake. I thought that when you said you couldn't give it any vitamins, you meant that it wouldn't take any more. Well, if that's as far as you've gone, then I guess the best you could do is hope for one of said berries to show up and just ride around on your new bike. If you've raised your Budew that high already, then it should be getting close to enough happiness, anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back