• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
    Years
    I was trying to figure out if that was possible. I use my Raichu for the 50% increase in electric PKMN in the Trophy Garden, then I switch to teddiursa that knows Covet, so i swipe it. But of course it'd be much easier to see what they have, I just don;t know the move to do that.

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    What do you guys think of my coordinating team?

Glaceon
    Espeon
    Ambipom
    GLameow
    And Sudowoodo

Years
    It isn't actually a move, it is an ability called Frisk. Bannete is the only Pokemon that I remember that can have the Frisk ability, other Pokemon have it but I just can't remember which ones lol

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Thought I'd ask this to prove a point. Can you get a Lv 1 Latias from the daycare as an egg? I think you can't but I'm making sure because someone is offering 1 in the trade thread.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Thought I'd ask this to prove a point. Can you get a Lv 1 Latias from the daycare as an egg? I think you can't but I'm making sure because someone is offering 1 in the trade thread.

Latias can't breed (despite that it has a gender). The only legendary that can breed is Manaphy (and if you count Phione), but it is impossible to get a Latias from an egg. So the LV 1 Latias is a complete hack.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023

No, other than manaphy legends are not breedable. It's just gonna be a random egg. Report the kid and be done with it.

lugiapkm611

The Healing Waters
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    Story

You guys know the story of Diamond and Pearl? Well, after the story and when you finish the pokemon league and National Pokedex, is there any scary or storyish part after?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    There's no plot or story after that. That's it. You can try the Resort Area / Battle Tower, etc. Platinum has a Battle Frontier. Other than that, that's it for the game. Go competitive would be my best suggestion.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Having a Pokemon with the ability Flame Body or Magma Armor helps a lot with hatching eggs faster. You need to have a Pokemon with one of those abilities in your party while you're hatching eggs. The effect is that the time it takes to hatch your eggs will be halved. Most notably, every Slugma or Magcargo has Flame Body / Magma Armor, so catching one of those could be useful!

Other than that, just use your Bike's Fast Gear or use the Mach Bike. That's it. :B

Edit: Stupid unreliable Bulbagarden. >:(

Last edited:

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Having a Pokemon with the ability Flame Body or Magma Armor helps a lot with hatching eggs faster. You need to have a Pokemon with one of those abilities in your party while you're hatching eggs. The effect is that the time it takes to hatch your eggs will be halved. Most notably, every Slugma or Magcargo has Flame Body / Magma Armor, so catching one of those could be useful!

Other than that, just use your Bike's Fast Gear or use the Mach Bike. That's it. :B

The bold statement is not true. What happens is that your egg counter goes down by two instead of one if you have one of those Pokémon in your party, which does not halve the number of steps you need to hatch an egg.

For instance, Magikarp has an Egg Counter of 5. To hatch a Magikarp egg, it would take 1020 steps if you have a Magma Armor or Flame Body Pokémon, but 1530 steps if you don't. It's considerably less, but not half.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    could someone link to somewhere that keeps track of upcoming events
    i always missed out and i lost my cartridge that had a deoxys :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back