• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Pokerus

Okay, so I was playing Pearl version one time and I went to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. And Nurse Joy proceeds to tel me that my Pokemon have the Pokerus. Unsure of what this was, I cut the game off immediately. So my question is...what does it do, exactly? I know about what it does in the anime, but I'm not quite sure about the game...
    And also, I would ask how you get it, but I searched the thread and I think I found something about that, and I'm gonna go look at it right after I finish typing this. But if anyone wants to be generous and tell me anyway, well, go for it I guess.

Years
    Okay, so I was playing Pearl version one time and I went to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. And Nurse Joy proceeds to tel me that my Pokemon have the Pokerus. Unsure of what this was, I cut the game off immediately. So my question is...what does it do, exactly? I know about what it does in the anime, but I'm not quite sure about the game...
    And also, I would ask how you get it, but I searched the thread and I think I found something about that, and I'm gonna go look at it right after I finish typing this. But if anyone wants to be generous and tell me anyway, well, go for it I guess.
    It's actually helpful, and if no Pokémon has it, and gets it, it's twice as rare as a shiny x]

It doubles the EVs gained in a battle.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Why do people in wifi battles have problems with platinum moves? It's all official.

It's not that people have problems with legitimacy, it's that many people (Myself included) consider platinum its own metagame and would not like to see the two mixed.

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    Oh I see. So when it comes to english, will there be 2 catagories, or will it all be mixed?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I'd imagine that the metagame would be Platinum only- with the English release, those holding onto D/P won't have much of a choice in what they want to do.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
    It's not that people have problems with legitimacy, it's that many people (Myself included) consider platinum its own metagame and would not like to see the two mixed.

You and me both brother my team is pretty good... right now but once the new and improved Scizor hits the streets, boom it's over and I'll have to come up with something new which is lame but I've already started on a 2nd team that I'll probably use in Platinum battles.

Like airconditioning said, we won't have no choice, Nintendo is going to be cutting off D/P support soon and only allowing Platinum in events and such which is very very lame.

So I'll have to go to Platinum really, like it or not. It would've been better if the tutors had only bee the Emerald Tutors at least....

nofxdino13

GET OFF OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    need help

How do i get past victory road? i need to know so i can beat he elite four. someone please help me. I REALLY NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    See the video.

Or look at the text version from Pokedream.com. Pokedream has really nice walkthroughs when you need one. :D Look just below.

Victory Road
    Victory Road is a long cave containing powerful trainers, tough wild Pokemon, and interesting mazes. Almost all the Pokemon you encounter here, both wild and trained, are leveled in the high 40s. To begin, go straight north across the bridge and climb down the rocks. Battle the Psychic at the corner and go north a little bit to pick up TM41 - Torment. Go to the south-east corner to pick up a hidden Ultra Ball on the rock. Now climb back up the rocks where you came down from and go east across the bridge. Head down the steps, head north, battle the Birdkeeper, and continue north across the bridge to pick up a Full Heal. Climb back up the stairs and keep going north across the bridge. Climb down the rocks and head all the way west. Go up the steps and go north. After battling the trainer, keep going north until you hit the dead end. Pick up a hidden Max Elixir on the rock. Go back south a bit and go west up the stairs, leading you to another area.

Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

In this area, you'll be surrounded by a variety of rocks. Go west by smashing the rock and pushing the boulder. Go to the corner to pick up a hidden Full Restore on the wall. Go back near the entrance of this area and head south by smashing the rocks. Push the boulders out of your way and continue west. After battling the trainer, push the left boulder down, smash the rock on the other side, push that boulder back up again, and go east. You'll come up three boulders. Push away the top boulder, battle the Veteran, and head down the steps.

Follow the bridge east and climb down the rocks. Go north, east, battle the Blackbelt, and go down the steps at the end. In this area, surf on the water and battle the Psychic on the narrow strip of land. Surf across the south-eastern body of water, pick up the hidden Pearl on the rock, and head up the stairs for a double battle. Surf all the way west, go up the steps, and pick up a Rare Candy. Go back to the two trainers you just fought and go all the way north. You'll be able to battle a trainer who's pacing back and forth. Go up the tiny waterfall and continue east. Go down the waterfall and pick up TM59 - Dragon Pulse. Go back up the waterfall and battle the Dragon Tamer on land. Go south-west and up the steps, picking up the Big Mushroom hidden on the rock across from it if you wish.

Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

In this area, first head south-west to pick up a Razor Claw. Go back to where the old man stands and go up the steps and follow the path until you reach a fat guy blocking a cave entrance. Pick up the Zinc near him. Now go back to battle to old man and go south until you hit the ledge (don't jump over). Climb the rocks on the left, go west, go up the steps, push the boulders (push the ones on the side before pushing the one in the middle), and pick up TM79 - Dark Pulse. Go back and climb the rocks on the right side to continue. Battle the Dragon Tamer and head north out Victory Road.

Years
    Well, you can always ask for a good samaritan on WiFi for Pokerus.
    Its a good idea and I've thought of it...only I dont HAVE Wifi...no wireless interenet, and last I checked all WiFi Adapters were discontinued. Plus, that would kind of take away the awesomeness of getting the Pokerus randomly and NOT have a Pokemon with it in the first place xD

ThatGameGuy

Gold & Silver Master
    Years
    PkRS?

Ok,I have no clue what this is so i thought to send it out to you guys at PC to see if you know anything about it.
    On my copy of Pearl i have a few pokemon that by their lvl they have the letters PkRS in a purple box.

It Goes:
    Pokemon's Name
    Lv. 100 PkRS

Could someone please tell me what this is...thank you,
    ThatGameGuy

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Ok,I have no clue what this is so i thought to send it out to you guys at PC to see if you know anything about it.
    On my copy of Pearl i have a few pokemon that by their lvl they have the letters PkRS in a purple box.

It Goes:
    Pokemon's Name
    Lv. 100 PkRS

Could someone please tell me what this is...thank you,
    ThatGameGuy

It is Pokerus (Pokemon Virus), and it doubles the Effort Values gained per pokemon you defeat in battle. It helps your pokemon grow faster (as in, stats increase faster) and it's very rare, so congrats. It is in no way harmful to your pokemon.

You should spread it to most/all of your pokemon. To spread it, enter a battle and your party members will catch it sooner or later.

When the game strikes midnight, PKRS may disappear after 1-3 days. A yellow :| face will replace the purple box. Your pokemon will still have the "doubling" effect but they cannot spread the virus. To prevent this, deposit your team or whoever carries it (like some spare pokemon) into the PC overnight.

If you're unsure of what Effort Values are, either search for some guides here or feel free to ask in this sticky. We are here to help~

Remember that you cannot gain Effort Values when they've reached level 100.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Please refresh my memory:

Can you catch GBA insertion Pokemon before you complete the main portion of the game?

ex: can I catch Growlithe outside of Jublife with only one badge?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    No, GBA insertion and Poke Pal Park are unlocked once you have the National Pokedex only.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back