• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    Glitch City? The player must have been doing some serious hacking if he was able to access a place only accessible in Red and Blue in D/P.

Anyway, are you sure that neither Pokemon knew Natural Gift?

There is a place (or places) referred to as "Glitch City" in the D/P games. I'm fairly sure that you can only get there using an AR (though, seeing as I don't own an AR, I can't be certain how you use it to get there). I've seen a video of this "Glitch City", and its not very impressive, but the point of that example was the fact that the person who had hacked to get to it probably caused the impossible egg move in their game by doing so. Glitch City's existence in D/P is a moot point in the question anyway, as the person who asked the question I was answering said that they had never hacked, so its not the cause anyway.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    MartinNFLFalcon
    I was on wifi and voice chat for an hour.. It seems to be working fine now. Whenever you think you're experiencing wifi errors, just wait it out. Nintendo's servers are busy.

flubadub
    You need to have certain badges before traded pokemon will obey you. If you used your own pokemon, they would obey you regardless.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    I only have 2 badges >__< because I don't bother with them, I just get my pokemon from trade and capture and finish my pokedex

How many badges do you have to have??

Last edited:

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    I only have 2 badges >__< because I don't bother with them, I just get my pokemon from trade and capture and finish my pokedex

How many badges do you have to have??
    It really depends on what level are your Pokémon. When you have 2 badges, Pokémon on Lv. 30 or less will obey you completely, I think. That goes only for traded Pokémon, the ones with your ID will always obey you.

I'm not sure how much is it for every badge, but gym leaders tell you that when you beat them.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    How come I EV trained my Shroomish and made sure he ONLY has 152 EV points in attack, and 44 in speed. I want him to be 252 speed and attack. I tried to use 10 proteins to raise its attack from 152 to 252 and it said it wouldnt have any effect. Im positive I only raised its EV's by 44 speed and 152 strength since it hatched from its egg, I kept track and everything. Why wont the proteins work?

once you have reached over 100 in a stat the vitamins wont work anymore so you should have used them first before you started to Ev train

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
    How is a level 18 wild unown faster than my level 74 swampert?

I know swampert is slow, but isn't this pushing it a little?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    How is a level 18 wild unown faster than my level 74 swampert?

I know swampert is slow, but isn't this pushing it a little?

Considering that the Base Speed of Unown is 12 points lower than that of Swampert, I would have to surmise that your Swampert has a Speed-hindering Nature while the wild Unown had a Speed-boosting Nature.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
    Considering that the Base Speed of Unown is 12 points lower than that of Swampert, I would have to surmise that your Swampert has a Speed-hindering Nature while the wild Unown had a Speed-boosting Nature.
    My swampert is hardy with 30 speed. >.< (don't ask... please)

Maybe it's just another mystery.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    My swampert is hardy with 30 speed. >.< (don't ask... please)

...As improbable as it is, if that is somehow the actual number, then that would certainly explain how the wild Unown was faster. ...Or do you mean to say a 30 Speed IV, or 30 Speed EVs?

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
    ...As improbable as it is, if that is somehow the actual number, then that would certainly explain how the wild Unown was faster. ...Or do you mean to say a 30 Speed IV, or 30 Speed EVs?
    30 IV in speed.
    Which explains why I don't trust my own IV breeding. >.<

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Actually a lot of people know. The actual is answer is... nothing. It's impossible to go through the doors even with cheat codes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back