• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I plan on Soft-reseting for a good natured Shaymin from the upcoming TRU Event. But I have a question, which nature is better for a Shaymin?
    Timid or Modest?
    Does Shaymin need the extra speed or can it handle going second?
    Also, when you soft-reset events, you just save in front of the PokeMart guy, right?
    *If there is another nature that would be better for Shaymin, please state that.
    *I might be using it as a Skymin, so is there a good nature for that?

Well both are the natures of preference for any Shaymin. I personally prefer Timid since it allows you to beat + speed nature Lucario, P-z and Houndoom and has the option of beating neutral base 100's like Salamence etc. However, Modest is perfectly usable if you want the additional power and dont care about out running the aformentioned pokes. So its really up to you on this one.

Timid on Skymin btw too =]

Years
    Evilyn said:
    The only Shiny Darkrai that are legit are those you get from the Japanese glitch on Moon Island. And even those aren't legit for people that consider glitches as cheats.
    None of the Pokémon you get from D/P events can be Shiny. Period.
    Err, what do you mean? There was a WiFi Event for Darkrai in Platinum - Shiny Darkrai is most certainly possible. However, it will be at level 50 and caught in whatever pokeball the trainer caught it in.
    So, yeah. It's possible to find a Shiny Darkrai, it just won't be an event. :/

Last edited:

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    Err, what do you mean? There was a WiFi Event for Darkrai in Platinum - Shiny Darkrai is most certainly possible. However, it will be at level 50 and caught in whatever pokeball the trainer caught it in.
    So, yeah. It's possible to find a Shiny Darkrai, it just won't be an event. :/
    I tought I said none of the events can be Shiny? If that Darkrai isn't an event then, I suppose it can be Shiny. :/

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Jumpluff
    Maylene has:
    Meditite Lv 27
    Machoke Lv 27
    Lucario Lv 30

Evilyn
    Lol, well, tickets/items are considered "events" since you can't get them in game.. :/
    Let's just say, only wild Darkrai (but only New Moon from Platinum could be legit) can have a chance at being shiny. Wondercard Darkrai cannot be shiny. ^_^

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    How could I get hold of a Flying Pokemon to beat Maylene?
    All I have is a Beautifly and I can't find Starly/Staravia.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Jumpluff
    I would advise you catching an Abra/Kadabra, which is found on Route 215, which is right next to Veilstone. Also, you can pick up a Ponyta to take care of Lucario (watch out for its Bone Rush).

Staravia is found in Trophy Garden, Route 209, and Route 212, if you want to backtrack.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023

Already answered but there are also Staravias in Route 212 (south of Hearthome City, the clear weather area though).

Years
    Evilyn said:
    I tought I said none of the events can be Shiny? If that Darkrai isn't an event then, I suppose it can be Shiny. :/
    But what you said was
    The only Shiny Darkrai that are legit are those you get from the Japanese glitch on Moon Island. And even those aren't legit for people that consider glitches as cheats.
    None of the Pokémon you get from D/P events can be Shiny. Period.
    I was merely adding onto/correcting what you said :P
    You implied that [japanese glitch] was the only possible Shiny Darkrai. ^^

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021

vespiquen is good against te gym acculay i think all the Bug are good

Dustox i think knows counfusion so it could be good

With Beautilfy you can gust away

On my 3rd run of daimond this was my team to defeat maylene

Staravia(staraptor is better if you can train it)

Vespiquen (defence order gust combo rules)

Meditite (if you get medicham then your good)

Kadabra

I hade a team for every leader so I had no weakness

Years
    When I try to clone a Pokemon using the 8th Spin method. I sometimes either shut off on the 8th spin or 8 an 1/3 or so spin. Why won't it clone sometimes?
    I even get the blue screen and everything :/

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    Lol because it varies for each user, depending on your connection strength. mine is 9 1/2. I would suggest letting it deposit in the GTS for 5 times then you'll see how many turns it takes to deposit then just do one before.

The blue screen comes on if you turn it off while it deposits. It comes any time even at 1 spin, so that is why.

Years
    This is my 7th try. I usually do it within the 2nd or 3rd.
    I've done at 7 1/8 spin. up to 8 1/2 spin. None work :/

To above.
    The chance is the same as encountering a shiny in the wild. 1/8012 or whatever.

Years
    The chance is the same as encountering a shiny in the wild. 1/8012 or whatever.
    1/8192 chances, to be accurate. :P
    The only games that a shiny in breeding actually helped were GSC. :[
    And, I'm not sure about cloning, can't help you there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back