• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Altaria, Anorith, Armaldo, Clamperl, Cradily, Feebas, Lileep, Milotic, Nincada, Ninjask, Shedinja, Swablu, Volbeat and Zangoose :> Hope that helps.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2009
    trading within the ds

so this will be my first post/thread i have tons of questions ive been out of the game loop since silver and i got diamond andi bought fire red around the same time i heard i could trade through my ds from them both how would i do this if this is true ?

Years
    Yes, you can. First you must beat the Elite Four (and Champion). Then you must SEE (not catch) all 150 Pokemon in the SINNOH (not national) dex. This can be done by battling all the trainers and legendaries, and by talking to everyone, especially after the game in a place called Celestic town. When you have seen all 150 Sinnoh dex Pokemon, Professor Oak will visit from Kanto and give you a National Dex. Afterwards, a new area called the Pal Park will open up on an area (Route 219). Now, on the continue screen, there should be an option that says "Migrate from xxx". From this, you can choose any 6 Pokemon in boxes to send into your game. This can only be done once every 24 hour period. Then, after you continue your game, you can recatch your Pokemon in the Pal Park (1,000,000 times easier than it sounds).

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    You can't trade, but you can migrate. Finish your Diamond to unlock Pal Park. Then insert the Firered cartridge in the second slot of your DS. There will be new option in the starting screen of Diamond and it will be "Migrate from FireRed" Click on it. Then you will be able to go into pal park to catch your firered pokemon. Don't worry the park balls are like master balls and will always catch the pokemon on the first try. This also works the same with Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, and leaf green. But you cannot put the pokemon back to your FireRed once you migrate them.

Edit: Beaten. Aargh..

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    What happens if you fill every box

What happens if you fill ever box What happens to the pokemon u catch if any one know plese tell me i just thought of it.

The Red Chain

What happens if you fill ever box What happens to the pokemon u catch if any one know plese tell me i just thought of it.

As far as I know nothing happens..
    Unless you take all the Pokemon in your boxes and put them all into My Pokemon Ranch.
    You get a Mew if you put 1,000 Pokemon in there. ^_^
    Personally, I've never heard of anything special happening for filling all boxes. But some people say if you fill all boxes, and leave the last space open.. then a special Pokemon will fill that space. [Pikachu with Surf, ect]
    But that doesn't really happen without hacking.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Hmm. Interesting thought actually. I think you won't be able to store any more pokemon, that is if you don't have space in your team anymore.

Years
    I remember that in the gen I and II games, the game would tell you that the box was full and would not allow you to use any Pokeballs. Not sure if it applies to this gen though.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    I remember that in the gen I and II games, the game would tell you that the box was full and would not allow you to use any Pokeballs. Not sure if it applies to this gen though.
    I remember that, It made me cry because I wanted to Catch Mewtwo with the Master Ball, I currently catching random Pokemon In Route 201 just to fill up the boxes so I will report back. :)

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    are their any trainers in the game who have pokes that yield only Sp Attack EVs?
    e.g.
    There's a trainer that has 6 magikarp making him awesome to use for EV training speed

Years
    Route 214: A collector with 3 Roselia (2 sp. atk EVs each) and a Psychic (Male) with a Alakazam and Gengar (Both give 3 sp. atk EVs; they only show up after a few Vs. Seeker Rematches, otherwise, they're Kadabra and Haunter (2 sp. atk EVs))

Or you could just take the easy way and battle Gastly in the old chateau. Although they only give 1 EV each, they're the only Pokemon that show up in there and you can train much quicker than you would by waiting for the Vs. Seeker to charge and battle.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    @ rxpapi12:
    There is also, on Route 212, a Pokemon Ranger named Jeffrey who has two Prinplups, I believe... but the better option has already been listed; the Collector. (though the Prinplup Ranger might be better for Electric/Grass Pokemon)

The Psychic is discouraged, since after a while they hit high levels and if you're only EV training at low levels, (e.g. Level 20) you could get caught out. The Collector doesn't level up, no matter how many Vs. Seekers you use on him, and thus is easy pickings. (I think he remains at between Levels 18-24, or something)

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
    Thank you SOOOOOO much Jigglyppuff8, this will help me finish my ultimate fire type! Whoo, now I have to bookmark that.

Edit: Since this is my first time EV training, I was wondering If I send out my Poke, call him back and defeat it with another, will my first Poke get the EV's still?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back