• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    Will Palmer appear in the battle tower after th 21st consecutive Doubles or Multi Batlles?
    or can you only battle him in singles
    You can only battle him on the 21st and 49th consecutive battle in Single Battles. No Doubles, Multi or Wi-Fi Battles.

ghost expert

Gengar Owner
    Years
    Diamond: Elite 4

Okay guys, please help me a little bit here...

I have Torterra as my starter... here are my main pokemons that I may or may not wanna use in the elite 4.. as yu can see, none are very strong..
    Also... I didn't know ANYTHING about EVs 'till today... so ya...xD
    Torterra: Lv.49
    Hunter-Lv.49
    Bronzong:lv.48
    Dialga: lv.51
    Scoriop:lv.25 (Just caught)
    Gravler: Lv.47
    Tentacruel: Lv.37
    Magicarp:lv.15 (Up to Garados?!)
    Mr. Mime:Lv.41
    Golbat: lv.27
    Uxie:lv.50
    Azelf: lv.50
    Mespit:lv.50
    Steelix:lv.46

Please help me pick or suggest some other pokemon that I should take into the elite 4... Also the recommed levels...thanks!!

ALSO: Please help and tell me what are good training spots for my pokemon before the E4.. thanks!!

Last edited:
    Years
    Just use whatever you want. It's the Elite Four (and Champion). A lv. 100 Magikarp could beat them. You don't need to know about EVs, IVs, and all that jazz to beat them. Any Pokemon works.
    For training, a good training spot would be by Mr. Backlot's mansion where there is a Gentleman and a Socialite. They have a Chatot and Roselia respectively that should be around lv. 40 with a few VS. seeker battles. They're good because they give lots of money that can be used for stuff like Hyper Potions and Revives. Can't really think of any other good training areas though. Getting them to about lv. 58 should be fine.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
    The Global Trade Center

I will be aquiring Platinum for the DS soon, and this is my first step into the 4th Generation Pokemon Games.(all I had until now was Red, Blue, Yellow, Crystal, Leaf Green, and Emerald) Now I hear stuff about the Global Trade Center, can someone please explain to me how this works, what it is exactly,if I need a special internet connection, and how to access it once I get Platinum, or does the game and booklet do a fairly good job explaining these things. Just some info before I step into another Pokemon Gaming World would be nice.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yes it does. I wouldnt recommend using the cod because it takes an element out of the game experience.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    I have a few questions.

1. I wanted to get a Vespiquen, but I wanted to have it learn Defense Order, but I read that it learned Defense Order at level 13. So I was wondering how to teach it that move, because Combee evolves into it at level 21?

2. I wanted to get My Pokemon Ranch so I could store some of my Pokemon on it. I was wondering do I have to beat the game before I have trade the Pokemon over to the Ranch.

3. If I do put the Pokemon on the Ranch can only the game that I deposited it on withdraw the Pokemon or can any game withdraw them? An example is putting some of my Pearl Pokemon on it then withdrawing them with my Diamond Version.

It would be really appreciated if these questions were answered.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    1. I wanted to get a Vespiquen, but I wanted to have it learn Defense Order, but I read that it learned Defense Order at level 13. So I was wondering how to teach it that move, because Combee evolves into it at level 21?

It can still learn it. There is a move relearner/tutor in Pastoria City that will teach moves it could have learned at previous levels.

2. I wanted to get My Pokemon Ranch so I could store some of my Pokemon on it. I was wondering do I have to beat the game before I have trade the Pokemon over to the Ranch.

As far as I remember, you don't.

3. If I do put the Pokemon on the Ranch can only the game that I deposited it on withdraw the Pokemon or can any game withdraw them? An example is putting some of my Pearl Pokemon on it then withdrawing them with my Diamond Version.

You can only withdraw them from the game that you deposited them with.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    It can still learn it. There is a move relearner/tutor in Pastoria City that will teach moves it could have learned at previous levels.

As far as I remember, you don't.

You can only withdraw them from the game that you deposited them with.

Thank you I got all the answers I wanted to hear. :)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I have a question about the "Evasion Clause"

I know that Double Team is Banned from battles with the evasion clause on, but what about Acupressure and Accuracy reducing moves?

I ask about acupressure because it can sharply raise a random stat/factor in battle, including evasion.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I have a question about the "Evasion Clause"

I know that Double Team is Banned from battles with the evasion clause on, but what about Acupressure and Accuracy reducing moves?

I ask about acupressure because it can sharply raise a random stat/factor in battle, including evasion.

That answers it pretty much.

It raises a random stat meaning it doesnt have to be specifically evasion so Acupressure isnt banned, because as said it is totally random.

Accuracy reducing moves arnt banned depending in which context you mean, if you meant Sand Attack and Smokescreen etc these are not banned since you can just switch out of them or if you meant things like Double Team and Minimize which ARE banned under the evasion clause.

Last edited:
    Years
    Can someone categorize the type of moves NPC battle towers are likely to use?
    e.g. Cheryl will frequently use Sp Att
    I remember Color Me Evil had it here but i can't find it

This question wasn't answered so:
    Riley = Attack
    Buck = Defense
    Marley = Speed
    Mira = Sp. Atk
    Cheryl = HP, Sp. Def, and status.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    I just got my eighth badge and I am unsure when I should start traversing victory road. What's a good level to have all my pokemon at to be able to face the Elite Four?

Paradox Dragonite

Don't laugh at my CB Froslass!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    The highest level you'll encounter is Garchomp in the mid-60s, so you should be pretty save in the mid-50s, as long as you've got something to kill that damn Garchomp. < _<

Years
    Hello! Just a quick question regarding pal park.

Do you always catch your pokemon there without fail or can they escape from the park balls? I'm just terrified that if they escape the park ball then this means you've lost them in D/P and the original game that you imported them from.

Thank ye for any replies :]

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Hello! Just a quick question regarding pal park.

Do you always catch your pokemon there without fail or can they escape from the park balls? I'm just terrified that if they escape the park ball then this means you've lost them in D/P and the original game that you imported them from.

Thank ye for any replies :]

The park balls are like the master ball, they will never fail. Also, you won't lose any of your Pokémon, even if you quit in the middle of catching them (though, you will have to catch them all again).

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    To the Pal Park question, it would also be worth noting that if you accidentally say "No" when asked if you want to store the Pokemon in the PC, (of course, after catching them in Pal Park) they are not released and lost forever. They simply return to Pal Park so that you may catch them all over again. It happened to me once, and I almost freaked out... XD;;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back