• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    a guy in eterna city gives it to you. I Think he is the house by the pokemon center..

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    Okay. Thank you because everytime I try to leave Eterna this girl stops me saying, "Not without your Explorer Kit!"

Oh I have a question too. Everytime I pour honey on a tree, save, shut down and turn it back on it says there is no honey. Do you have to leave it on?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    i dont think so. it depends. ive found my tree shaking withen about 8 hours of putting it on, so i dont know what determines it. number of steps, perhaps?

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
    How would I get a Weavile with both Ice Shard and Pursuit? I have one with pursuit, but only males can pass down Egg Moves, but I need a Female to continue hatching Sneasels.

Raticate(Pursuit) M + Sneasel F = Sneasel w/ Pursuit

Now I need to breed my male Dewgong to get it to learn Ice Shard, but then won't it forget Pusuit (Female Sneasel wouldn't be able to pass down Pusuit)? Is there a Pokemon that can learn Ice Shard by breeding and Pusuit by level up or vice versa? That would work.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    How would I get a Weavile with both Ice Shard and Pursuit? I have one with pursuit, but only males can pass down Egg Moves, but I need a Female to continue hatching Sneasels.

Raticate(Pursuit) M + Sneasel F = Sneasel w/ Pursuit

Now I need to breed my male Dewgong to get it to learn Ice Shard, but then won't it forget Pusuit (Female Sneasel wouldn't be able to pass down Pusuit)? [S-HIGHLIGHT]Is there a Pokemon that can learn Ice Shard by breeding and Pusuit by level up or vice versa?[/S-HIGHLIGHT] That would work.

Yes: Sneasel. Sneasel learns Ice Shard at Level 49.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    I've been EV training my ariados for atk, and I encountered ALOT of atk EV-yields but after my last level up, atk only went up by 2. Oh and I have power bracer.

Does this mean I maxed out my EVs for atk already?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I've been EV training my ariados for atk, and I encountered ALOT of atk EV-yields but after my last level up, atk only went up by 2. Oh and I have power bracer.

Does this mean I maxed out my EVs for atk already?

It is best to count the Ev's as you train. The stats gained from them are added evenly up to level 100 so you won't get the full effect till your pokemon is level 100. To find out if you have maxed all the EV that a pokemon can get an effort ribbon from Sunnyshore. Can't remember the house though.

dark_Uxie

ill wipe ure minds XD
    Years
    What is a good way to make a happiness evolving pokemon happy?
    To make them happy you can give them a soothe bell and wait a bit or you can give them a massage from the lady in I think Veilstone city.I gave my Riolu and Happiny a massage and they evolved XD.

Bendak

I suck at pogeymanz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    I have a question. How come a heracross can be hit with ghost attacks, even though Fighting is immune to ghost? I understand it is a dual type, but Girafarig is Normal and Psychic and it's immune to ghost because its half normal. Shouldn't Heracross be immune to ghost too then?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Fighting isn't immune to Ghost attacks. Normal is, but Fighting isn't.

That's the thing about the type chart- it can be confusing sometimes (my friend STILL thinks Bug is weak to Ice, even though I've explained numerous times that it's neutral towards it).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back