• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    HP stands for Hidden Power. Hidden Power is a special attack move and both its type and power are determined from the stats of your poke.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    HP stands for Hidden Power. Hidden Power is a special attack move and both its type and power are determined from the stats of your poke.

Not stats, but IVs. 2 pokes can have different IVs but the same stats.
    But yeah, it's a move dependant on your pokes IVs. Full equations found here

Bendak

I suck at pogeymanz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    thanks guys. Another quick question. If I use wish and switch to something, will it get the heal or do I have to baton pass the wish?

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    im pretty sure that the wish still takes effect if you switch, but im not positive...

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Yes, you're correct. You can switch as normal to pass the Wish onto another Pokémon. You don't need to use Baton Pass, although it still works if you do it this way.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2014
    say...

if i got a poltoad of a trade and one of his moves is blaze kick those that means his hacked? and also it says "apperntly met at lvl 100"

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    yes. politoed cannot learn blaze kick as an egg move. plus, no pokemon can (legitly) be met at lv 100. the closest is arceus, who is met at lv 80. yes, you have a hacked politoed.

Bendak

I suck at pogeymanz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    How exactly does smeargle work? I mean I know you use sketch and it copies the last move used, but how do people usualy get the moves? From pokemon found in the wild, on trainers, or on wifi?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    How exactly does smeargle work? I mean I know you use sketch and it copies the last move used, but how do people usualy get the moves? From pokemon found in the wild, on trainers, or on wifi?

Has to be in-game charactors, since nothing in the wifi room is saved apart from records. Some people also hack wild pokes (Eg arceus) so they can trace otherwise-unobtainable moves.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years

Something of note is that Sketch can be used on your partner in a Double Battle. For example, if one of your Pokemon uses a move, Smeargle can Sketch it.

An easy way to do this is in the Double Battle restaurant.

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
    Is it true that tropius is supposed to be in the great marsh but an error makes him never appear?

Hmm... it says Tropius is available in the Great Marsh here, but I've never heard anything about there being an error in the game so he can't appear.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Happiness

How do you make pokemon happy to evolve??? I need to know the best ways(have to evolve female riolu to breed) so can someone either tell me where to find the information or tell it to me that would be great.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Serebii.net is a great source for everything.

Give it a soothe bell,feed tons of its favorite poffins,get it a massage at Vielstone and or the Ribbon Society,and feed it lots of protein,ect.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Serebii obtains the information straight from the coding, which is why it is listed.

But yes, there seems to be some error that prevents Tropius from appearing in the Great Marsh, and also another that stops Tangela from Swarming on Mt. Coronet. If it isn't an error, then I have no idea why Game Freak decided to exclude those two Pokémon prior to releasing the games.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2008
    What dose this mean!!!???

what dose this mean:
    a body of rock, a body ice, a body of steel, when gathers the three pkemon the king shall apear?
    it makes no sense i dont have any idea what it means!
    please help!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back