• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beginnings

thx tom-san for banner/avvy
    Years
    How to tell hax?

I know I'll sound like a total noob when I say this,
    but how do you tell which pokemon are hacks from which aren't?
    And how do you tell which pokemon are hacked if they're made to look legit?
    I know I sound like a noob, but I want to make sure I don't get hax.

Thanks for your help!

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    There are several ways to tell if a Pokemon is legit or hacked.
    1. The kind of ball its caught in
    2. The OT (for events)
    3. The ID (for events)
    4. The stats
    5. The ribbons
    6. Location

1. If a Jirachi is caught in anything besides a Pokeball or Cherish Ball, it's automatically hacked because there is no way it can be caught in anything else besides hacking. Deoxys and Faraway Island Mew are harder to determine if they are hacked or not because they can be obtained in-game. However, you had to go to a special event in order to recieve the ticket which allows you to catch them. So some people could have gotten them through legitimate means, and others could have AR or Gamesharked them. Faraway Island Mew are always Japanese because the event never happened in English versions of the game. So they are easier to recognize. Also, if a normal pokemon is caught in a Masterball, there is suspicion for either the Pokemon to be hacked, or the person hacked to get tons of Masterballs.

2 and 3. The OT and ID is probably the easiest way to tell if specifically an event pokemon is hacked. If a WISHMKR Jirachi has an OT and ID different from OT: WISHMKR ID: 20043, it's hacked. Pokesav unfortunate can easily replicate the event by inputing information onto the computer and downloading it onto AR, making it look legit.

4. If a Pokemon has IV's that exceed 31, it's hacked. Pokemon Battle Revolution turns all Pokemon that's IV's exceed 31 into Bad Eggs, making it easy to determine if it is hacked or not.

5. If a Pokemon has a ribbon that it cannot possibly obtain normally, it is hacked. Any normal Pokemon with a Classic Ribbon is hacked.

6. If a Pokemon is caught in a Location that it cannot normally be encountered in, it is hacked. Pal Park has made it even more difficult for this by simply saying it is from Hoenn or Kanto without giving a specific route.

Hope this helps.

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
    Thunderpunch and Icepunch

I want to get Thunderpunch for my Metagross and icepunch for my Electivire but I don't know how since they can't learn those moves and there is no TM in D/P.
    How do I get these moves?

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
    They are from the move tutors in the battle frontier on Emerald. So you can't get them on your Diamond and Pearl pokemon. You'll have to raise a new metagross and Electabuzz in one of the third gen games and transfer it to Emerald to get the moves.

Hopefully Platinum will bring back the move tutors at the battle frontier.

Appletun

Trucy Wright ★★
    Years
    The only way I got my Electivire to learn Ice punch was getting the Electivire from PBR, which already knew it. Apart from PBR, Guitar answered your question. :]

R.A.M.

KEY Fan
    Years
    Shadow236, you need to get a male Medicham and take it to the move tutor (the one that teaches forgotten moves) so that it can get Ice Punch, or get a Tyrogue, evolve it into Hitmonchan and level it up to Lv31. Then breed any of the 2 with a female Electabuzz/Electivire, this way all of the Elekids will know Ice punch. That's the only way in D/P to get an Electivire with Ice punch.

Last edited:

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    How come there are so many different colours that Arceus comes in? And can it only be found as a shiny in one colour?

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Cool thanks :)

Sorry but I have another question, which is likely to have been answered somewhere...

What is the difference in stats between male and female Pokemon?

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years
    I'm not sure if stats actually change, but in some species of Pokemon there are differences in appearance (ie female Pikachu have an indent in their tails making it look like a heart. In most other species it's usually just something like one gender has a larger/smaller ____- female shiftry have larger leaves than males)

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Stat-wise, there is absolutely NO difference between male and female Pokemon. The only differences are between certain male and female sprites, and certain evolution paths (only female Combee can evolve to Vespiquen, only male Ralts can evolve into Gallade).

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    True. Only certain pokemon has visual differences between sexes. Pikachu, Scizor, etc. And as airconditioning said, certain pokemon evolves depending on sex, like Kirila & Gallade, or Snorunt & Froslass.

And as air said, their are NO differences between stats of male & female pokes.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Errm... I need help with EV training. Can someone tell me a good spot for EV training, and if there is any way to really speed up EV training?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Thanks. Also, how would I set about getting a power item, preferably speed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back